Today I…

by Courtney on December 21, 2012

-Managed to get some veggies in at lunch.

Steak and avocado salad made with leftover sirloin tips. I am all about the red meat right now.

-Picked up my ring…nice and sturdy now!

-Braved the mall and picked up a few last minute Christmas gifts. While I was there, I couldn’t help but do a little shopping for myself…got some great bargains at Gap today (sweaters were 50% off, baby!).

While I was at the mall, I also wound up being pegged for a 21-year old. Seriously?? Over the past two days, I’ve been guessed to be 21, 22, and 23. I mean, I know I look young for my age, but really?

-Passed by the Starbucks located in the mall and immediately felt compelled to walk in and get something.

After waiting in line for almost 10 minutes, a decaf, skinny caramel macchiato was where it was at.

-Sort of freaked out a teeny, weeny bit when I remembered that I got this box of goodies earlier in the week.

Not only did Wild Harvest send me some of their brand new pita chips (I’m currently snacking on the sea salt variety and they are out of this world), but they also sent me THE animal crackers…

Do you guys remember when I went absolutely bananas over these things this past summer? Oh mannnnn, there are no words.

I haven’t opened them yet…but once I do, they’re done for.

-Am about to go lay down on the couch and possibly close my eyes for a few until hubby gets home and we figure out what the plan is for tonight. Part of me wants to go out for dinner (he’s bringing me sometime this weekend to celebrate the new job) but part of me would also be perfectly content in my jammies. We’ll see what happens. Smile

1 Elizabeth@myneonrunningshoes December 21, 2012 at 4:40 pm

Your ring looks gorgeous with those cute nails! Glad you didn’t get blown away ;-) Enjoy your evening together.
Elizabeth@myneonrunningshoes recently posted..Running awesomeness and we are still married.

2 lisa fine December 21, 2012 at 4:59 pm

Same thing going on here. We were thinking of going out for dinner and a movie. Instead, I’m in my pajamas while my guy is picking up pizza, and we’re debating whether to watch Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation or Mrs. Doubtfire. Yes.
lisa fine recently posted..homesteading aspirations / thoughts on land and a home

3 Natalie @ Free Range Human December 21, 2012 at 5:04 pm

I love those animal crackers! They are so so good!
Natalie @ Free Range Human recently posted..Thursday Thoughts

4 Blog is the New Black December 21, 2012 at 5:12 pm

Be grateful people think you’re so young, mama! ;)
Blog is the New Black recently posted..Peekaboo Gingerbread Pound Cake

5 Gillian December 21, 2012 at 5:14 pm

I vote for jammies!
Gillian recently posted..It’s A Busy, Wonderful Life

6 Michelle@Peachy Palate December 21, 2012 at 5:45 pm

You do look very young but it’s a good thing. I’m 24 now and get mistaken for being 18 or 19 sometimes, I just hope it’s the same when I’m 40! :)
Michelle@Peachy Palate recently posted..Craving for Cranberries

7 Kim@hungryhealthygirl December 21, 2012 at 5:45 pm

Love the nails!
Kim@hungryhealthygirl recently posted..Chocolate Chip Gingerbread Muffins

8 Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl December 21, 2012 at 5:55 pm

If it makes you feel any better, I am almost 25 and was told that I look 16 yesterday!! :( I know that I look younger than my age but it still drives me crazy. I wonder when the crossover occurs between being offended when somebody says you look younger than you are and being totally excited about it. I guess some day it will come in handy?? ;)
Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl recently posted..Vegetarian Tater Tot Casserole

9 chelcie @ chelcie's food files December 21, 2012 at 6:06 pm

I’m so jealous of the animal crackers!
chelcie @ chelcie’s food files recently posted..Thursday Things

10 Amanda @ .running with spoons. December 21, 2012 at 6:15 pm

Sounds like a pretty fantastic day in my books :D Huge kudos for managing to brave the malls. I still have to pick up a few presents and I’m hoping I can either go really early or really late to avoid the crazy crowds. And I couldn’t help but laugh at people commenting about how young you look because the same thing happens to me all the time. I’ll be 28 soon and I still get mistaken for being 18 all the time.
Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted... thinking out loud #11 .

11 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey December 21, 2012 at 6:18 pm

I say go for takeout! That way, you’ve got the best of both worlds! Jammies and restaurant food.

Aaaaand, I would take the whole looking younger thing. You’ll love it in a few years! Last year one of the school aides guessed that I was 27, and I said “nope!”. And then she said, “29?” And I was like ARE YOU SERIOUS? I’m 24 (then) lady!!!
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..fun facts friday

12 Molly @ Happy&Healthy December 21, 2012 at 6:48 pm

Those pita chips looks amazing! I am 21 and one time someone thought I was 28..what? And then other people ask if I can drive yet..so weird. I think being pegged for younger is probably a better thing ha
Molly @ Happy&Healthy recently posted..Wrapping Up

13 Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries December 21, 2012 at 7:06 pm

Glad you got your coffee! ;) Those animal crackers are soooo dangerous! I dip them in peanut butter (of course), and they’re even more addicting.

14 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles December 21, 2012 at 7:38 pm

I love anything that even remotely looks like an animal cracker – clearly, I’d love those!
I’m 23, and I’m assuming I look about my age? I don’t think I’ve ever had anyone really question it.
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..Five Things Friday # 2

15 Linz @ Itz Linz December 21, 2012 at 8:24 pm

what’d it turn out to be for you guys? i’m sitting here in my jammies watching a movie now :)
Linz @ Itz Linz recently posted..3 Tips for the Holiday Season

16 michelle kim December 21, 2012 at 8:40 pm

YUMMY SALAD!
And I also took advantage of that Gap sale today, too ;)
michelle kim recently posted..Back to Insanity

17 Danielle December 21, 2012 at 8:45 pm

I would LOVE to be able to try those pita chips! Couldn’t find them in the store today :(
Danielle recently posted..Fitmixer Slim Review

18 Angela @ Health's Angel December 21, 2012 at 9:52 pm

I’m 23, and I get told on numerous occassions that I look really young, like I could be just starting college or something. I also get told that I don’t “act” 23 either, and that I come off as older in that regard. I just try and take them as compliments!
Angela @ Health’s Angel recently posted..Tis the Season…

19 Lauren December 22, 2012 at 6:54 am

I get pegged for a 21 year old all the time. In fact, last weekend I was at a party at a wine vineyard and the almost didn’t serve me. Seriously? Ah well, I guess it’s actually a good thing.
Lauren recently posted..Friday Confessions

20 Lea @ Greens and Coffee Beans December 22, 2012 at 8:01 am

I get mistaken for 15 and 16 all the time (I’m actually 21) but over the summer I was mistaken for 12! People always look at me like I’m crazy when I try to buy alcohol!
Sales at Gap are the best aren’t they? I have gotten some steals from their outlets!
Lea @ Greens and Coffee Beans recently posted..Friday Rambles

21 Emily @ Perfection Isn't Happy December 22, 2012 at 9:06 am

I substitute taught for 5th and 6th grade and they asked me if I was 16. I’m 24. Don’t feel bad!
Emily @ Perfection Isn’t Happy recently posted..Friday Things

22 Katy December 22, 2012 at 9:24 am

I just got a send the pita chips from W.H too! My mom and I ate the whole Parmesan Garlic and Herb bag last night while wrapping presents. Soooo addicting.
Katy recently posted..World Ended

23 Molly @ Just Your Average Athlete December 22, 2012 at 10:57 am

The Skinny Caramel Macchiato is one of my favorite Starbucks drinks :) It’s a nice treat in a cup. I also get the feeling of “I could go out…ORRRRR I could stay home in my sweatpants.” Times like those, I let my boyfriend make the call haha
Molly @ Just Your Average Athlete recently posted..Holiday Favorites

24 Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers December 22, 2012 at 11:12 am

The wild harvest chips look good!!! Have a good weekend!!!
Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers recently posted..Black Bean and Butternut Squash Quinoa Tacos and more….

25 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake December 22, 2012 at 12:03 pm

The ring looks great! Being comfy on the couch always wins out on a Friday for me!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..Top Chef – Episode 7 + a Giveaway!