Hey hey, would ya look at that?!
Baby Tooth is just over 10 weeks today on Christmas Eve! He/she is about the size of a prune right now, and is growing rapidly. Not a whole lot happening in the “bump” department, but I am most certainly feeling a bit “fuller” around the whole mid-section area.
Honestly, babies just absolutely amaze me. It’s crazy to picture something the size of a prune, but know that right now it currently has or is developing:
- tiny arms with elbows
- buds of baby teeth(!!)
- stomach and kidneys
- jaw, ears, and nose
- hair follicles with peach fuzz
All in that itty bitty body…babies really are a miracle, and the more I learn, the more I realize I don’t think I’ll ever fully grasp the concept. It’s just unbelievable.
So what’s happening with me this past week? Well, let’s see…
Weight gained: Depends on the day, but usually anywhere between 1.5 – 3 pounds.
Workouts: Nada. Besides making a point to squeeze in extra walking while I’m out and while I’m at work. I’ve just felt so incredibly wiped these days…really hoping for that exercise mojo to return soon.
- My “morning sickness” has decided to rearrange its schedule. The past week or so, I’m actually feeling pretty good in the morning (as long as I eat something right away). However, by around 8pm the last few days, it slowly starts to come back and I feel like crud all over again.
- The “girls” have been hurting like it’s nobody’s business…hugging people must happen with caution. They’re also growing, and I can’t believe I’d ever say this, but I may just have to buy a bra larger than an A-cup pretty soon. It’s a miracle! (haha)
- Some mild pains in my lower abdomen occasionally, thanks to the muscles and ligaments stretching out a bit.
- Super tired, but not always like I need to go to sleep…just sort of like a completely wiped out feeling.
- Breakouts…honestly, I’ve been very blessed my whole life with good skin, so acne is something I’ve never really had to deal with. The past week or so though, I’ve been breaking out like crazy, particularly on my forehead, back, and arms. Yuck.
- Bloated. BIG time. (Although it has gotten a teeny bit better, thanks to my daily intake of good ol’ Metamucil…yes, I feel like I’m about 60, thankyouverymuch). Most days, I’m now sporting the hair tie around the button on my jeans.
Food Aversions: Honestly, not too many. Coffee is hit or miss with me still (I tried having some at home yesterday and I was not feelin’ it) and I’m still not really loving veggies but am trying to eat them because I know I should. However, I did go to town on a veggie tray last night at my in-law’s house (baby carrots, snap peas, and grape tomatoes – YUM) and it was delicious, so who knows.
Food Cravings: Oh, I have some of those!
- Mexican food
- Italian food/anything with red sauce
- Burger King whoppers (yes, I’m still craving them…no, haven’t had ‘em. Yet.)
- Yogurt bowls with cereal and bananas
- Peanut butter
- Cookies (I’m sure Christmas has something to do with this)
- Red meat
- Anything salty/savory
Suspicions on Gender: Pretty much anyone I talk to who gets “those vibes” is telling me boy, although I have had a few people predicting girl. If we’re going by old wives tails, I’ve had “clues” to go both ways.
Baby Items Purchased: Zero. I’ve been browsing around for ideas though. Oh, and I suppose I can now go ahead and make my “Baby Horan” board on Pinterest public.
Next Prenatal Appointment: January 7th – 2 more weeks to go!