Baby Tooth: 10 Weeks

by Courtney on December 24, 2012

Hey hey, would ya look at that?!

10 Weeks

Baby Tooth is just over 10 weeks today on Christmas Eve! He/she is about the size of a prune right now, and is growing rapidly. Not a whole lot happening in the “bump” department, but I am most certainly feeling a bit “fuller” around the whole mid-section area.

Honestly, babies just absolutely amaze me. It’s crazy to picture something the size of a prune, but know that right now it currently has or is developing:

• tiny arms with elbows
  • buds of baby teeth(!!)
  • stomach and kidneys
  • jaw, ears, and nose
  • hair follicles with peach fuzz
  • muscles

All in that itty bitty body…babies really are a miracle, and the more I learn, the more I realize I don’t think I’ll ever fully grasp the concept. It’s just unbelievable.

So what’s happening with me this past week? Well, let’s see…

Weight gained: Depends on the day, but usually anywhere between 1.5 – 3 pounds.

Workouts: Nada. Besides making a point to squeeze in extra walking while I’m out and while I’m at work. I’ve just felt so incredibly wiped these days…really hoping for that exercise mojo to return soon.

Symptoms:

• My “morning sickness” has decided to rearrange its schedule. The past week or so, I’m actually feeling pretty good in the morning (as long as I eat something right away). However, by around 8pm the last few days, it slowly starts to come back and I feel like crud all over again.
  • The “girls” have been hurting like it’s nobody’s business…hugging people must happen with caution. They’re also growing, and I can’t believe I’d ever say this, but I may just have to buy a bra larger than an A-cup pretty soon. It’s a miracle! (haha)
  • Some mild pains in my lower abdomen occasionally, thanks to the muscles and ligaments stretching out a bit.
  • Super tired, but not always like I need to go to sleep…just sort of like a completely wiped out feeling.
  • Breakouts…honestly, I’ve been very blessed my whole life with good skin, so acne is something I’ve never really had to deal with. The past week or so though, I’ve been breaking out like crazy, particularly on my forehead, back, and arms. Yuck.
  • Bloated. BIG time. (Although it has gotten a teeny bit better, thanks to my daily intake of good ol’ Metamucil…yes, I feel like I’m about 60, thankyouverymuch). Most days, I’m now sporting the hair tie around the button on my jeans.

Food Aversions: Honestly, not too many. Coffee is hit or miss with me still (I tried having some at home yesterday and I was not feelin’ it) and I’m still not really loving veggies but am trying to eat them because I know I should. However, I did go to town on a veggie tray last night at my in-law’s house (baby carrots, snap peas, and grape tomatoes – YUM) and it was delicious, so who knows.

Food Cravings: Oh, I have some of those!

• Mexican food
  • Italian food/anything with red sauce
  • Burger King whoppers (yes, I’m still craving them…no, haven’t had ‘em. Yet.)
  • Yogurt bowls with cereal and bananas
  • Peanut butter
  • Cookies (I’m sure Christmas has something to do with this)
  • Red meat
  • Anything salty/savory

Suspicions on Gender: Pretty much anyone I talk to who gets “those vibes” is telling me boy, although I have had a few people predicting girl. If we’re going by old wives tails, I’ve had “clues” to go both ways.

Baby Items Purchased: Zero. I’ve been browsing around for ideas though. Oh, and I suppose I can now go ahead and make my “Baby Horan” board on Pinterest public. Winking smile

Next Prenatal Appointment: January 7th – 2 more weeks to go!

1 KatyBug December 24, 2012 at 8:17 am

Just wait until Baby Tooth is born and you look down at those elbows and toes and eyes and hair and realize all of that “happened” in an instant…and developed inside of you. It’s amazing.

My girl looks EXACTLY like she did in her ultrasound photos, so that’s the next exciting thing to look forward to!
KatyBug recently posted..Dear Audrey (Week 10)

2 Courtney December 24, 2012 at 10:41 am

It really is amazing, isn’t it?
P.S. – I’ve been stalking BugChild like CRAZY the past couple of weeks. ;)

3 Lauren December 24, 2012 at 8:18 am

Wohoo! Love these posts and so happy to see you doing them! :) You are adorable and can’t wait to see the little one grow. :)
Lauren recently posted..What I’m Loving: iPhone App Edition

4 Brittany @ Proteinandpumps December 24, 2012 at 8:22 am

So exciting!!! You are going to be so cute with a bump! Lol. I always found pregnancy to be so fascinating and strange at the same time. The fact that a living thing grows inside of the body is just….strange! But you are right, such a miracle. Happy holidays girl!
Brittany @ Proteinandpumps recently posted..Weekend Roundup + Green Smoothie Recipe

5 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles December 24, 2012 at 8:32 am

So happy that you’re doing these posts! I love seeing baby progress. :-)
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..Happy Christmas Eve!

6 kim@hungryhealthygirl December 24, 2012 at 8:36 am

You look absolutely adorable! It’s going to be a very special Christmas for you, for sure!
kim@hungryhealthygirl recently posted..Merry Christmas!!

7 Khushboo December 24, 2012 at 8:40 am

Love reading these recaps! I’ve been craving red meat like crazy lately- burgers taste even better than normal!
Khushboo recently posted..Burger & Lobster: Fast Food With Class

8 Silvia @skinny jeans food December 24, 2012 at 8:55 am

So exciting… just imagine, in a year from now you will hold a smiling, active baby in your arms who will crawl over the carpet trying to chase Cody and pet him ;-) I think it will be a girl.
Silvia @skinny jeans food recently posted..Holiday cheer

9 Courtney December 24, 2012 at 10:44 am

Ahhhh, that’s so crazy to think! Jay and I talk about it ALL the time :-D

10 lisa fine December 24, 2012 at 9:10 am

These posts are always fun. I can’t believe how many bloggers I follow are pregnant! I think I’ve heard three or four announcements in the last month.

Love reading those food cravings and aversions – curious to see how those change over time.
lisa fine recently posted..going on here

11 Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl December 24, 2012 at 9:12 am

Thank you for giving me hope that someday I might actually have to buy a bra with a cup size bigger than “A” ;)
Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl recently posted..The Christmas Food Plan + A Family Favorite Holiday Fruit Salad Recipe

12 Karen December 24, 2012 at 9:23 am

You are the cutest pregger ever!! I can’t wait to see that belly grow and hear more about Baby Tooth!! Merry Christmas to you and your family!

13 Andrea @pencils and pancakes December 24, 2012 at 9:31 am

You look absolutely amazing!
Andrea @pencils and pancakes recently posted..White Chocolate Almond Protein Oats

14 Jessica December 24, 2012 at 9:36 am

Congrats on baby tooth. I have read todays post and we are very similar in almost everything when I was preggo! I did have a boy! I felt the same way you are feeling and craved the same things. The tiredness did go away in the second trimester, along with the morning/evenign sickness. But hang in there it will be an awesome adventure and if you have a boy, then the adventures just get better! And I made those Raspberry Chocolate bars this weekend for a christmas and they were amazing!
Merry Christmas!
Jessica recently posted..2012 goal!

15 Courtney December 24, 2012 at 10:44 am

Haha, I saw your comment on FB…so glad they turned out great!!! :)

16 Liz @ iheartvegetables December 24, 2012 at 9:37 am

You look absolutely amazing!!! :) My sister-in-law is due around the same time as you so I’m loving reading about how big the baby is!
Liz @ iheartvegetables recently posted..Christmas Eve: What I Am…

17 Melanie December 24, 2012 at 9:38 am

I LOVE these updates! You are adorable.
Melanie recently posted..Hibachi and Feeling Festive

18 Allison December 24, 2012 at 9:47 am

I have Reynaud’s syndrome too and you might want to google that and breast feeding. For some people, it can be painful. For me, imagine how you fingers are but your nipples. At times, nursing could be excruciating. Obviously everyone’s experience is different. But you might want to consider reading up on it.

19 Courtney December 24, 2012 at 10:46 am

No kidding, really? I hadn’t heard that at all?!? I’ll definitely be reading up on that – thanks for the tip!

20 Angela @ Health's Angel December 24, 2012 at 9:49 am

I love reading these kinds of posts. Thanks so much for sharing! Have a great Christmas Eve. :)
Angela @ Health’s Angel recently posted..Tis the Season…

21 Heather December 24, 2012 at 9:52 am

I am so happy and excited for you and Jay! I look forward to hearing more as your pregnancy progresses. You look absolutely radiant!

22 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake December 24, 2012 at 10:39 am

I love reading posts like this!

Enjoy your Christmas Courtney!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..Top Chef – Episode 7 + a Giveaway!

23 Alex December 24, 2012 at 10:44 am

For me, my skin was so much better, in fact the best it has ever been, second trimester!! ;)
Alex recently posted..Red Velvet Thumbprints

24 Courtney December 24, 2012 at 10:46 am

Oooooo, that gives me hope! Haha :)

25 Meredith @ DareYouTo December 24, 2012 at 10:52 am

“Baby Tooth” – love it! Congratulations, Courtney. So happy for you! Looking forward to more updates, and that pinterest board :)
Meredith @ DareYouTo recently posted..Have a Happy Holiday!

26 Brittany @ GOtheXtraMile December 24, 2012 at 10:56 am

Awww soo adorable!!
Brittany @ GOtheXtraMile recently posted..A Week Off

27 Marielle December 24, 2012 at 10:58 am

You look so cute! Cant wait to follow all your pregnancy posts….makes me less nervous for when I have a baby! :) merry Xmas!
Marielle recently posted..At Home-Workout Week

28 Karen December 24, 2012 at 12:19 pm

The OWT regarding heart rate were right on target for me :) all the other ones went both ways. Hight heart rate meant girl for us! Best Xmas present this year was finding out the sex of our baby. We feel so blessed!

29 Courtney December 24, 2012 at 2:04 pm

That’s interesting! Our heartbeat at 8 weeks was 163 (I think I originally thought it was higher but just double checked). Does it “count” at 8 weeks, or is it not until later that the OWT goes into effect? ;)

30 Karen December 24, 2012 at 2:46 pm

It counts every time…however the HB typically goes down as the baby gets bigger.

31 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey December 24, 2012 at 12:35 pm

Look at you! You don’t look pregnant at all! haha! Maybe you should eat some prunes to go along with the size of your babe this week. Maybe that would help you in the bloated department. #babyisthesizeofaprunethisweek #yourepregnantbutidneverknowit #justtherightamountofpreggerz

;)
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..fun facts friday

32 Courtney December 24, 2012 at 2:02 pm

This has got to be one of the best comments EVER on this blog. Gosh, it makes me laugh for SO many reasons. I just <3 you. :)

33 Stephanie @cookinfanatic December 24, 2012 at 12:46 pm

So exciting that you are expecting!!! Childbirth amazes me too (and scares me alot to be honest lol) – what an amazing gift! Hope you have a wonderful holiday :)

34 Rachel S. December 24, 2012 at 2:36 pm

With my first I had evening sickness, after 5 pm I felt like crud, and I couldn’t eat anything sugary. With my second I had all day sickness, but didn’t have any food aversions. I did crave cuties though, ate those things by the box full.

35 Molly @ happy&healthy December 24, 2012 at 2:36 pm

Ah I love these update posts and am still so excited for you! You are glowing!
Molly @ happy&healthy recently posted..Bridal Shower Fun

36 Kristen @ notsodomesticated December 24, 2012 at 4:06 pm

I remember when I was 10 weeks, I felt SO big because I was bloated. Now I look back at pictures of myself and just laugh because I was so tiny. ;) And you are so tiny, too. You look absolutely GORGEOUS. You are going to be one adorable pregnant lady! :)
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..&lsquo;Tis the season for baking!

37 Shari December 24, 2012 at 6:08 pm

Congrats again! :)
Shari recently posted..Anecdotal Experience.

38 Bek @ Crave December 25, 2012 at 2:15 am

Eeek! exciting!
Bek @ Crave recently posted..Merry Christmas!

39 Danielle @ Truffles n' Treadmills December 25, 2012 at 10:23 am

So fun!
Danielle @ Truffles n’ Treadmills recently posted..Merry Christmas Eve

40 Elizabeth@myneonrunningshoes December 27, 2012 at 3:51 pm

You should treat yourself to a Whopper! You deserve it!
Elizabeth@myneonrunningshoes recently posted..We’re baaaaaaaack….

41 Dorsa @ Running Thoughts December 28, 2012 at 8:21 am

cuute :) I think you are having a girl :) 10 or so more weeks till you get to find out :)
Dorsa @ Running Thoughts recently posted..Christmas part 2

42 Lauren December 29, 2012 at 10:07 am

One of my favorite things about being pregnant was the food cravings. For some reason I was a big fun of anything spicy.
Lauren recently posted..Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!