Christmas Eve 2012

by Courtney on December 26, 2012

And once again, Christmas is over just like that. Man, it comes and goes so quickly, doesn’t it? I hope everyone had a fantabulous day, whether you were celebrating the holiday or not.

Jay and I are got our own Christmas started at home, on Christmas Eve.

Knowing that Christmas is a full day for us, I wanted to make sure that we had time to celebrate just the two of us at home…especially since it’s the last year it’s just going to be the two of us!

We were both up fairly early, so that gave us time to relax while our cinnamon rolls cooked up in the oven. Thanks to my prepping them the night before, all I had to do was take them out of the fridge to sit for a little bit before throwing them into the oven.

In no time, a coffee table breakfast was ready to be served.

The cinnamon rolls turned out great, although I think I liked them better when they were cooked right after making them. It almost seemed like this batch turned out extra sticky and not quite the same texture? But either way, there’s no denying that these things are incredibly delicious.

And it didn’t take long for Cody to try checking out the scene too…little stinker that he is.

Once we were finished with breakfast, it was time to open presents!

Jay got his first present from the baby. Smile

He actually made out quite well, if I do say so myself…including a brand new beer brewing kit.

I’ve debated on buying him one of these things for a few years now, and I finally bit the bullet and did it. Hopefully it’s good!

I also made out pretty good myself, including a few special items such as a spa gift certificate, and this brand new Coach bag from hubby himself (I may or may not have pointed him in the right direction after receiving a sale email).

Side note: Jay didn’t think that I’d post a photo of me looking so fine in my morning PJ’s, crazy bed head, and naked face. HA, proved him wrong. Winking smile

Cody continued to hang out with us for most of the morning, and became especially excited once he had some paper to play with.

He was ready to dive right in…

And he did just that. :)

He kept us quite amused all morning.

*****

Later in the afternoon, Jay and I headed over to spend a relaxing evening at my parents’ house. One of the benefits of having a small family? No need to get fancy for all of the holidays.

The rest of the family was prepared and ready to booze for the evening…

I thought I’d just be stuck with water, but they had some sparkling grape juice on hand for me, which was tasting pretty good. I just closed my eyes are pretended it was real champagne.

In true Christmas Eve fashion, we had plenty of snacks to munch on for the entire evening, including veggies and dip, rye bread dip, homemade Chex mix,

garbage bread, mini pigs in blankets, and some other sort of rollup snacky things.

Our little crew of five just spent the evening hanging out, snacking way too much, and watching Christmas movies on TV. By around 9pm, I was falling asleep on the couch (story of my life these days) so Jay and I called it a night and headed back home so we could rest up for our busy Christmas day. Smile

How did you spend your Christmas Eve?

1 Linz @ Itz Linz December 26, 2012 at 8:17 am

Aww looks so fun!! We went to our family friends’ home for Christmas dinner which was lovely!
Linz @ Itz Linz recently posted..Mexican Omelette

2 Melanie December 26, 2012 at 8:26 am

I love the little onesie!! It looks like you guys had a great family-filled Christmas Eve. That is my favorite part of the holidays by far. For Christmas Eve my husband and I went to the Children’s hospital and wrapped gifts for the patients, then we headed over to my mom and dad’s with my entire immediate family. We snacked, exchanged gifts, ate a wonderful soup dinner and went to 10:00 pm church service. It was perfect!
Melanie recently posted..Hibachi and Feeling Festive

3 Danielle@cleanfoodcreativefitness December 26, 2012 at 8:33 am

Sounds like the perfect calm Christmas eve! Can’t wait to hear more about Christmas day! I had a great family filled day yesterday and wouldn’t want it any other way :)
Danielle@cleanfoodcreativefitness recently posted..What I Did Wednesday

4 michelle kim December 26, 2012 at 8:43 am

Looks like you guys had an awesome time!
I spent my Christmas Eve running up a total of 18.5 miles (it was broken into three different runs).
michelle kim recently posted..Christmas Day Recap

5 Faith December 26, 2012 at 8:50 am

That kit looks awesome! Can I ask where you found it? I want to get one for my boyfriend’s birthday next month but haven’t found one I was 100% sold on. Has jay taken a look at the actual contents yet and given it a stamp of awesomeness?

6 Courtney December 26, 2012 at 9:17 am

Amazon! He hasn’t really gotten into the contents of it yet, but he seems pretty excited about it – hopefully it’s a good one! All the reviews I read were great, so here’s hoping they were all true ;)

7 Faith December 26, 2012 at 10:09 am

Thanks so much for the info! Fingers crossed :)

8 Julie @ Sweetly Balanced December 26, 2012 at 8:54 am

Sounds like a wonderful holiday!! and you look beautiful in the picture anyways!! :) I had a fun Christmas eve, we actually did Christmas with my fiance on Sunday since he had to drive back to the city to work, but my mom and I spent Christmas eve at a family friend’s house.
Julie @ Sweetly Balanced recently posted..How I Spent the Holiday

9 kim@hungryhealthygirl December 26, 2012 at 9:12 am

Looks like a fun and relaxing day! My husband’s family celebrates Christmas on Christmas Eve. So, we had a really fun, but not so relaxing day! ;)
kim@hungryhealthygirl recently posted..WIAW from Christmas Day

10 Kara December 26, 2012 at 9:13 am

Don’t forget, Coach also makes diaper bags for when the baby comes! :) Glad you had a great Christmas!

11 Courtney December 26, 2012 at 9:19 am

Hahaha, I’ll remember that one. Thanks, Kara! :)
Hope you and Zachary had a great Christmas too!

12 Danica @ It's Progression December 26, 2012 at 9:13 am

such a fun day!! We had a relaxing day surrounded by a little family as well–perfect! :)
Danica @ It’s Progression recently posted..Merry Christmas!

13 Lindsay December 26, 2012 at 9:14 am

That beer brewing kit was such a great idea. I have to remember that for next year!
Lindsay recently posted..the holidays should never end.

14 Natalie @ Free Range Human December 26, 2012 at 9:25 am

I love all the pictures of Cody! It looks like he had a good Christmas :)
Natalie @ Free Range Human recently posted..From Our Family To Yours

15 Suzanne @ Fit Minded Mom December 26, 2012 at 9:31 am

I love the Coach bag!! I have been eying them for years but have yet to get one. I have such a hard time spending money on purchases like that but maybe soon…..

I also made those cinnamon rolls(my first time) and they were delicious!!! I made mine up the night before too and I thought they were perfection. My family is used to Pillsbury so they were quite impressed, lol!

By the way, you are gorgeous with no makeup and bed head. No shame in posting a picture when you look like that :-)!
Suzanne @ Fit Minded Mom recently posted..Love, Snow and Gluttony

16 Meredith @ DareYouTo December 26, 2012 at 9:33 am

Looks lovely!!!
Meredith @ DareYouTo recently posted..Have a Happy Holiday!

17 Beks December 26, 2012 at 9:41 am

Cody is so fun! Aren’t cats entertaining? LOL

Christmas Eve was nice and low-key. Church, Chili and Presents. Also prepped some Red Velvet Cinnamon Rolls (Oh, Pinterest, how I love you). Put the ingredients in the bread machine (though the recipe didn’t call for a bread machine, I hoped for the best) before church, set it to the dough cycle, and returned to springy, lovely dough. Love it!
Beks recently posted..Merry Christmas!

18 Nicole December 26, 2012 at 10:08 am

Love the pictures of Cody checking out the breakfast spread, and also the ones of him playing in the wrapping paper – too cute!

I laughed when you said that you closed your eyes and pretended the sparkling grape juice was real champagne! I did the same thing earlier this year during a wine tour with friends. My hubby brought along a bottle of Welch’s sparkling grape juice for me and poured it into wine glasses at each stop along the tour. I did my best to pretend that it was super sweet white wine. Not exactly, but it did the trick! :)

19 Sara@ fitcupcaker December 26, 2012 at 10:16 am

Merry. Christmas. Looked like a great. One! We had a great time at church and at my parents. My step son made out like a bandit!!!
Sara@ fitcupcaker recently posted..Christmas Wrapup

20 Shannon December 26, 2012 at 10:17 am

I didn’t really do much of anything on Christmas Eve. Ate dinner with my family, went to church, and opened presents.

21 Amanda @ .running with spoons. December 26, 2012 at 10:18 am

One of my favorite parts of celebrating Christmas with my small family is not having to get all glammed up as well… being able to eat Christmas dinner in my PJ’s definitely has it’s appeal ;) Glad to see you had such an awesome Christmas Eve, Courtney :)
Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted... WIAW … christmas feasting .

22 Alycia December 26, 2012 at 10:22 am

Sounds like a great Christmas Eve, and I love the Coach bag! Coach is my weakness . . . and the death of my bank account!

My hubby had to work during the day, so my son and I enjoyed a lazy day of cartoons and couch time.

23 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles December 26, 2012 at 10:28 am

The little onesie is adorable! And you can never go wrong with a Coach bag.
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..Happy Christmas Eve!

24 Katie December 26, 2012 at 11:23 am

You look BEAUTIFUL without makeup! I actually looked at the pic before I read what you posted, and thought wow she’s even gorgeous with a naked face! lol
Katie recently posted..The Christmas Roundup!

25 Courtney December 26, 2012 at 3:21 pm

Aww, you are too sweet! Thank you :)

26 Erin December 26, 2012 at 11:37 pm

I thought the same thing! Pretty mama to be!

27 Chelsea @ LittleOneRuns December 26, 2012 at 11:30 am

all that food looks so delicious!! aw cody is so cute, he makes me smile every time, just reminds me of mine :)

i spent it with my family then later went to my bf’s family, it was fun :)
Chelsea @ LittleOneRuns recently posted..Chemical Animals & Christmas

28 Danielle @ Truffles n' Treadmills December 26, 2012 at 11:41 am

We spent it enjoying some snacky foods for dinner, opened presents, then began our annual movie marathon! Christmas Eve is just for my parents and my brothers and sister and I – which I love!
Danielle @ Truffles n’ Treadmills recently posted..Merry Christmas Eve

29 Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers December 26, 2012 at 11:45 am

What a great Christmas!!! Love the Coach purse! I was just online and thought I’d buy myself one as a Christmas gift to me. lol The Cinnamon Rolls look to die for!
Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers recently posted..Tomato Soup

30 Lauren December 26, 2012 at 11:52 am

Glad you had such a wonderful holiday! And ps- you look stunning, even first thing in the morning. :) xoxo
Lauren recently posted..Peace, Love, Joy {Christmas 2012}

31 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake December 26, 2012 at 11:58 am

All of the food looks delicious!!!

I’ve seen those beer brewing kits and thought of getting them for my husband and/or his brothers! I’m curious to see how it works!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..Weekend Recap: 12/21-12/23 + Merry Christmas Eve!

32 Ashlee December 26, 2012 at 12:00 pm

Good job, Jay on the Coach purse! I love the baby chive onesie haha.

We spent Christmas Eve with my huge family and it was a blast!

Glad you all had a Merry Merry Christmas!
Ashlee recently posted..WHITE CHRISTMAS

33 Khushboo December 26, 2012 at 12:22 pm

Sounds like a great Christmas Eve to me! We watched quite a few movies including the classics: The Santa Clause, Home Alone 2 and Legally Blonde :)!
Khushboo recently posted..The most wonderful time of the year

34 Steph @ StephSnack December 26, 2012 at 12:43 pm

I love that picture of Cody — so cute! Christmas Eve was 8 of us … my aunt, uncle, and two cousins and then my family. It was a small gathering and filled with delicious food!
Steph @ StephSnack recently posted..Christmas 2012

35 Brooke @ Running In Heels December 26, 2012 at 12:54 pm

Cody is so cute! Reminds me of my puppy :)

I love that they had sparkling grape juice for you.. So sweet!

I hope you had a wonderful Christmas!!
Brooke @ Running In Heels recently posted..Merry Christmas!!

36 Sam December 26, 2012 at 2:41 pm

Sounds like an amazing way to start your Christmas Eve! Congrats on your exciting news. I don’t know how I missed it, but CONGRATS on the baby news!!
Sam recently posted..Merry Christmas!!

37 Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl December 26, 2012 at 3:56 pm

You are right. Christmas goes by waaayyyyy too fast! I am kind of sad today! :(
Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl recently posted..WIAW…for Christmas: A Very Vegetarian Christmas!

38 Alex @ Healthy Life Happy Wife December 26, 2012 at 6:41 pm

That sounds nice and relaxing! We went to my aunt’s with my whole family, ate lots of food & played Yankee swap! Not laid back but very fun!
Alex @ Healthy Life Happy Wife recently posted..What I Ate Wednesday – Christmas Edition!

39 Bek @ Crave December 27, 2012 at 2:02 am

Aw cody is adorable. What a great Chrissy eve!
Bek @ Crave recently posted..Work Against Those Diet Myths

40 Megan December 27, 2012 at 10:00 am

I’m so jealous about the purse! I have wanted one like that for a long time, but I can’t justify the cost for a purse most of the time….you mentioned a sale flyer? Is there a place to purchase online?
Thanks and Merry Christmas!

41 Courtney December 27, 2012 at 10:22 am

I get emails from them and they tend to have sales online pretty often! Just go to their website and sign up for the emails :)

42 Megan December 27, 2012 at 2:45 pm

Thanks, do you just go to coach.com? I get emails sometimes too, from coachfactory? I thought it might not be real so I didnt dare to buy one! lol

43 Courtney December 27, 2012 at 2:47 pm

I get them from Coach Factory :)

44 Megan December 27, 2012 at 2:49 pm

oh nice, so it is the real deal? Awesome thanks for the reply!

45 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey December 27, 2012 at 8:13 pm

That looks like the perfect Christmas Eve! I spent mine in bed in the morning (getting over that last bout of sickness) and then we went to church and over to my mom’s for presents and dinner!
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..just a few ramblings