Christmas Eve 2012

And once again, Christmas is over just like that. Man, it comes and goes so quickly, doesn’t it? I hope everyone had a fantabulous day, whether you were celebrating the holiday or not.

Jay and I are got our own Christmas started at home, on Christmas Eve.

Knowing that Christmas is a full day for us, I wanted to make sure that we had time to celebrate just the two of us at home…especially since it’s the last year it’s just going to be the two of us!

We were both up fairly early, so that gave us time to relax while our cinnamon rolls cooked up in the oven. Thanks to my prepping them the night before, all I had to do was take them out of the fridge to sit for a little bit before throwing them into the oven.

In no time, a coffee table breakfast was ready to be served.

The cinnamon rolls turned out great, although I think I liked them better when they were cooked right after making them. It almost seemed like this batch turned out extra sticky and not quite the same texture? But either way, there’s no denying that these things are incredibly delicious.

And it didn’t take long for Cody to try checking out the scene too…little stinker that he is.

Once we were finished with breakfast, it was time to open presents!

Jay got his first present from the baby. Smile

He actually made out quite well, if I do say so myself…including a brand new beer brewing kit.

I’ve debated on buying him one of these things for a few years now, and I finally bit the bullet and did it. Hopefully it’s good!

I also made out pretty good myself, including a few special items such as a spa gift certificate, and this brand new Coach bag from hubby himself (I may or may not have pointed him in the right direction after receiving a sale email).

Side note: Jay didn’t think that I’d post a photo of me looking so fine in my morning PJ’s, crazy bed head, and naked face. HA, proved him wrong. Winking smile

Cody continued to hang out with us for most of the morning, and became especially excited once he had some paper to play with.

He was ready to dive right in…

And he did just that. :)

He kept us quite amused all morning.

*****

Later in the afternoon, Jay and I headed over to spend a relaxing evening at my parents’ house. One of the benefits of having a small family? No need to get fancy for all of the holidays.

The rest of the family was prepared and ready to booze for the evening…

I thought I’d just be stuck with water, but they had some sparkling grape juice on hand for me, which was tasting pretty good. I just closed my eyes are pretended it was real champagne.

In true Christmas Eve fashion, we had plenty of snacks to munch on for the entire evening, including veggies and dip, rye bread dip, homemade Chex mix,

garbage bread, mini pigs in blankets, and some other sort of rollup snacky things.

Our little crew of five just spent the evening hanging out, snacking way too much, and watching Christmas movies on TV. By around 9pm, I was falling asleep on the couch (story of my life these days) so Jay and I called it a night and headed back home so we could rest up for our busy Christmas day. Smile

How did you spend your Christmas Eve?

Comments

I love the little onesie!! It looks like you guys had a great family-filled Christmas Eve. That is my favorite part of the holidays by far. For Christmas Eve my husband and I went to the Children’s hospital and wrapped gifts for the patients, then we headed over to my mom and dad’s with my entire immediate family. We snacked, exchanged gifts, ate a wonderful soup dinner and went to 10:00 pm church service. It was perfect!
    Melanie recently posted..Hibachi and Feeling Festive

2. Faith says

That kit looks awesome! Can I ask where you found it? I want to get one for my boyfriend’s birthday next month but haven’t found one I was 100% sold on. Has jay taken a look at the actual contents yet and given it a stamp of awesomeness?

• Courtney says

Amazon! He hasn’t really gotten into the contents of it yet, but he seems pretty excited about it – hopefully it’s a good one! All the reviews I read were great, so here’s hoping they were all true ;)

Sounds like a wonderful holiday!! and you look beautiful in the picture anyways!! :) I had a fun Christmas eve, we actually did Christmas with my fiance on Sunday since he had to drive back to the city to work, but my mom and I spent Christmas eve at a family friend’s house.
    Julie @ Sweetly Balanced recently posted..How I Spent the Holiday

I love the Coach bag!! I have been eying them for years but have yet to get one. I have such a hard time spending money on purchases like that but maybe soon…..

I also made those cinnamon rolls(my first time) and they were delicious!!! I made mine up the night before too and I thought they were perfection. My family is used to Pillsbury so they were quite impressed, lol!

By the way, you are gorgeous with no makeup and bed head. No shame in posting a picture when you look like that :-)!
    Suzanne @ Fit Minded Mom recently posted..Love, Snow and Gluttony

Cody is so fun! Aren’t cats entertaining? LOL

Christmas Eve was nice and low-key. Church, Chili and Presents. Also prepped some Red Velvet Cinnamon Rolls (Oh, Pinterest, how I love you). Put the ingredients in the bread machine (though the recipe didn’t call for a bread machine, I hoped for the best) before church, set it to the dough cycle, and returned to springy, lovely dough. Love it!
    Beks recently posted..Merry Christmas!

6. Nicole says

Love the pictures of Cody checking out the breakfast spread, and also the ones of him playing in the wrapping paper – too cute!

I laughed when you said that you closed your eyes and pretended the sparkling grape juice was real champagne! I did the same thing earlier this year during a wine tour with friends. My hubby brought along a bottle of Welch’s sparkling grape juice for me and poured it into wine glasses at each stop along the tour. I did my best to pretend that it was super sweet white wine. Not exactly, but it did the trick! :)

7. Shannon says

I didn’t really do much of anything on Christmas Eve. Ate dinner with my family, went to church, and opened presents.

8. Alycia says

Sounds like a great Christmas Eve, and I love the Coach bag! Coach is my weakness . . . and the death of my bank account!

My hubby had to work during the day, so my son and I enjoyed a lazy day of cartoons and couch time.

9. Megan says

I’m so jealous about the purse! I have wanted one like that for a long time, but I can’t justify the cost for a purse most of the time….you mentioned a sale flyer? Is there a place to purchase online?
    Thanks and Merry Christmas!

Trackbacks