Pretty Sweet

by Courtney on December 28, 2012

Good news! My drive in to and home from work yesterday wasn’t all that bad. It was a bit slow, but I managed to get through it incident free. And you know, I suppose it won’t be so bad once all the snow is cleared from the roads. It is rather pretty!

So yesterday was a fairly low-key day at work. A lot of people were out and/or working from home, making things pretty quiet in the office. That was fine by me though, since it gave me a little bit of time to catch up on some things from while I was away. Another good thing about a quiet day?

Much easier to eat my breakfast at my desk.

I seriously can’t get enough yogurt bowls these days, so I put together another one this morning before leaving the house. Tucked in there is some vanilla Chobani, blueberries, Special K Protein Plus, toasted oats, and half of a crumbled piece of pumpkin bread. Ohhh, it was so good.

And so was the cup of “half caf” coffee I enjoyed with it. For some reason, I can totally handle this coffee, but nothing else seems to appeal to me lately? I may just have to look in to getting a box of this for our new Keurig at home!

I worked through the whole morning, and around 1pm I broke for lunch. Since the roads still looked terrible and the snow was coming down pretty good, I really didn’t feel like heading out on my lunch hour (even though I do have errands I could have done) so I hung out at my desk and caught up on a little bit of blog reading while eating lunch.

Yesterday’s lunch was some more crockpot veggie stew (in my new soup mug, too…love it!) with a side of Kashi honey sesame crackers. Good stuff, my friends. Good stuff.

A couple of hours later, I snacked on some green grapes and a Kashi chewy granola bar but forgot to snap a photo. Woops.

*****

I was originally feeling slightly ambitious, thinking I might attempt a short workout in the evening. However…by the time I actually got my car brushed off, maneuvered around traffic, and got home, I was pretty much spent for the day. Ahh well…it happens.

Next week, I’m hoping to start getting together a workout schedule of sorts, with plans to start doing workouts maybe 3 mornings before work. Since I’ve been feeling a lot better in the mornings lately than evenings (hello, “evening” sickness) I figured that’d be my best bet.

I’m also really looking forward to trying out these new Bose SIE2i Sport Headphones that I got earlier this month from Reebok.

Jay’s already tried them and, well, I have a feeling they’re going to be a tough item to keep tabs on. He’s really in love with these little gems.

Back in September, Reebok partnered with Bose (a name I’ve known for a long time, thanks to my husband) and launched the SIE2 and SIE2i Sport headphones.

A couple key features:

• Sweat proof and water-resistant “in ear” buds that stay firmly in your ears
  • A shorter cable that doesn’t get in the way of movement
  • A breathable, stretchy armband, designed by Reebok that holds music devices in place during workouts and stores the headphones afterwards
  • A touch-sensitive plastic window for easy usability
  • A separate pocket for your keys

This headphones can also be used with most music players, and is designed for listening to music and taking calls from select Apple devices, including the iPhone and iPod, which I thought was basically the coolest thing ever. You just have to talk right in to this mouthpiece and you’re good to go!

(If you want to check out a quick video on them, you can check it out here)

In addition to the headphones, Reebok was also pretty awesome and not only sent me this awesome purple tee that I shared on Instagram a couple of weeks ago (I can’t find the exact tee on the website, but there are a bunch of cute short sleeve tees on there),

But they also sent some goodies for Jay, including this pair of knit training shorts,

and this short sleeve knit top.

I took the photos a few days ago and he’s actually worn both of these since and gave them each rave reviews. And from what I can tell, both of them seem SUPER soft and comfy.

Pretty sweet, right? I love how Reebok was willing to outfit my man this month. Winking smile

Also pretty sweet? The fact that today is already Friday, my office does dress-down Fridays, AND Jay and I have a double dinner date later this evening. Can’t beat that!

What’s pretty sweet for YOU today? Smile

1 Lauren December 28, 2012 at 8:08 am

So I am eating almost the exact same breakfast as we speak. I should take a picture and send it to you. :) I’m loving the textures in my yogurt bowls lately. :) Happy Friday hun!
Lauren recently posted..Holiday Leftover Salad

2 Kristen@Change of Pace December 28, 2012 at 8:10 am

I don’t eat much dairy anymore and the one thing I really miss are yogurt bowls. I used to eat them a lot! Those headphones are awesome!
Kristen@Change of Pace recently posted..Christmas 2012

3 Danielle@cleanfoodcreativefitness December 28, 2012 at 8:19 am

I love that T shirt you got! Reebok always has the best workout clothes. I say cleaning snow off of your car is a workout in itself! I’m sure once you get into a routine with workouts and working it will become second nature though! I would definitely need to workout before work in the morning because I am never motivated by the end of the workday to head to the gym!
Danielle@cleanfoodcreativefitness recently posted..Peppermint Chocolate Chip Sugar Cookies

4 Julie @ Sweetly Balanced December 28, 2012 at 8:34 am

That yogurt bowl looks delish! I always just mix in granola to my yogurt cups but you have so much more in there! I’m happy spending one of my last few days at home with my mom and doggies. Heading back Sunday afternoon, I’m hoping to get together with some friends one last time before then!

5 Chelcie @ Chelcie's Food Files December 28, 2012 at 8:34 am

Those headphones look awesome! I feel like I always get excited about new headphones because I have lost so many pairs over the years!
Chelcie @ Chelcie’s Food Files recently posted..Back to Normal Eating

6 Stellina @ My Yogurt Addiction December 28, 2012 at 8:38 am

It’s Friday!! And after today, I won’t have to work until the next year! Well, Wednesday! But still, that’s pretty sweet ;-)
Stellina @ My Yogurt Addiction recently posted..My Favorite Moments of 2012

7 Angela @ Health's Angel December 28, 2012 at 8:43 am

Yogurt bowls are the best. I use non-dairy yogurt though, because of lactose issues. Every once in awhile I’ll treat myself to a regular old greek yogurt and it always tastes so good…despite the stomachaches. :)

New clothes for you AND Jay!? Niceeee, Reebok! What a generous company.
Angela @ Health’s Angel recently posted..About the Author

8 Elizabeth@myneonrunningshoes December 28, 2012 at 8:44 am

We are also having a date night! Cherish them… they become fewer when the little one gets here! But its an easy change ;-) Have a great Friday!
Elizabeth@myneonrunningshoes recently posted..We’re baaaaaaaack….

9 Katie December 28, 2012 at 8:46 am

I love that top! And those headphones are NICE. I’m sure they are pricey, but might be worth it since I use mine all day long.
Sweet for me today? That my puppy is at home after surgery! We had quite the night, but glad she’s safe at home :)
Katie recently posted..Post Op Puppy

10 Danica @ It's Progression December 28, 2012 at 8:50 am

Love Fridays! We’re still on Christmas Break and I don’t teach again until the 2nd–that makes today especially sweet :)
Danica @ It’s Progression recently posted..blessings

11 Linz @ Itz Linz December 28, 2012 at 8:54 am

Glad you made it to work safely!! Something sweet for me today is that I’m off work and after my 9am run with a friend I have no plans!! YESSSS!!!
Linz @ Itz Linz recently posted..Friday Facts

12 kim@hungryhealthygirl December 28, 2012 at 9:01 am

Pretty sweet for me today is catching a BodyPump class, which I haven’t been to in months. Looks like you’re in for a great day! Have a fun date night!
kim@hungryhealthygirl recently posted..Most Popular Recipes of 2012

13 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles December 28, 2012 at 9:06 am

Glad you made the drive alright! I had to drive home from my parents yesterday in similar weather, and it wasn’t fun. I’m just not a winter person at all!
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..Apparently, I’m a Foodie.

14 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey December 28, 2012 at 9:08 am

It’s pretty sweet that it’s snowing out there right now!!! woohooo!!!!
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..fun facts friday

15 Karen @ Runner Girl Eats December 28, 2012 at 9:17 am

I need new headphones since my cheapie ones quit on me so I will be checking these out. Your yougurt bowls are making me seriously hungry!
Karen @ Runner Girl Eats recently posted..I’m in love.

16 Ali December 28, 2012 at 9:21 am

My “morning” sickness always kicked up for me around 2-4 pm, so morning workouts were a must. I tried to get myself to go to a 5:00 yoga class for weeks before finally giving up on it because sun salutations would have been bad!
Ali recently posted..Friday Favorites

17 Beks December 28, 2012 at 9:24 am

I’m super-psyched today about that fact that after today, I get a four day weekend. I recently changed my schedule to only work four days a week (so I have one day off to work on writing and blogging), so I get NYE and NYD off. So excited! It’s really the little things. :)
Beks recently posted..Merry Christmas!

18 Sara @ fitcupcaker December 28, 2012 at 9:24 am

sweet reebok stuff! Im jealous! I am a huge cereal fan and speical K protein plus rocks my socks off!
Sara @ fitcupcaker recently posted..Power Balls!

19 Kerry @ Totes My Oats December 28, 2012 at 9:28 am

Reebok really hooked you up, girl! I love how they didn’t forget about Jay!
Kerry @ Totes My Oats recently posted..Third Day of Circuits – Feel the Burn

20 Natalie @ Free Range Human December 28, 2012 at 9:35 am

Today I’m heading home after a long week away. That’s pretty sweet!
Natalie @ Free Range Human recently posted..Because Irony Is The Story Of My Life

21 Amanda @ .running with spoons. December 28, 2012 at 9:39 am

I can’t get enough yogurt bowls for breakfast either. I thought my obsession would let up when it got colder, but it definitely hasn’t proven to be the case yet! And it’s pretty sweet that today is the start of birthday week for me :D
Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted... counting down until… .

22 Blogging Runner December 28, 2012 at 9:40 am

LOVE does dress-down Fridays! They make the last day of the work week so much better!
Blogging Runner recently posted..Running Gear

23 Blogging Runner December 28, 2012 at 9:41 am

*LOVE dress-down Fridays! Opps…
Blogging Runner recently posted..Running Gear

24 Sara @ The Foodie Diaries December 28, 2012 at 9:42 am

I just got back from vacation yesterday, so today’s my first day back to work HOWEVER it’s pretty sweet that it’s Friday which means = one day work week! Exactly how it should be, right? ;)
Sara @ The Foodie Diaries recently posted..40′s and Freezing

25 Meghan @ After the Ivy League December 28, 2012 at 10:21 am

Sounds like you have a great Friday lined up! We dress down on Fridays too…actually all days really. Except Monday when I’m feeling inspired to dress up. And I’m looking forward to dinner at my parents’ house tonight, a goodbye dinner to my brother who’s moving to Virginia! So happy for him.
Meghan @ After the Ivy League recently posted..I Got Spoiled

26 Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers December 28, 2012 at 11:13 am

Get a Keurig for home! It’s my favorite appliance, best coffee ever!!! Your leftover lunch looks great!! Love that you still take photos while at work!! :)
Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers recently posted..Edamame Bean Dip – A Trader Joe’s Scoop

27 Chelsea @ LittleOneRuns December 28, 2012 at 11:28 am

little miss is sweet today, but when isn’t she??
for some reason, just adding the pumpkin bread makes it look 10x better lol i usually don’t like yogurt, but with the bread i totally would eat it
sweat resistant?!?!? omg i need to go find me some of these! mine are always falling out lol
Chelsea @ LittleOneRuns recently posted..What An Interesting Year

28 Tara | Treble in the Kitchen December 28, 2012 at 11:47 am

That Reebok gear is awesome! The Sweet Thing about my day?? It’s Friday!!! :)
Tara | Treble in the Kitchen recently posted..What is YOUR Motivation Mantra?

29 Karen December 28, 2012 at 12:19 pm

The yogurt bowl looks very good!! What’s sweet to me today, SNOW!! Chicago finally got hit with a “dusting” of snow. Wish we had more but winter isn’t over yet. Enjoy your weekend!
Karen recently posted..Snow, Snow, SNOW!!

30 Angela @ Beauty in Strength December 28, 2012 at 12:34 pm

I’ve been craving yogurt bowls more than my regular oats lately too. This morning was a tropical bowl with fresh pineapple, toasted coconut, and crushed macadamia nuts. :)
Angela @ Beauty in Strength recently posted..You’d Never Know

31 Katie December 28, 2012 at 4:22 pm

I’m doing absolutely nothing today, which is pretty sweet. Going to start packing for some New Year’s Eve travels coming up!
Katie recently posted..10 Drinks & Foods to Cure a Hangover

32 Bek @ Crave December 28, 2012 at 7:58 pm

The sore after weights feeling in my legs is pretty sweet ;) oh and the fact that a little date night dinner and jersey shore watching will be on the agenda tonight!
Bek @ Crave recently posted..The Missing Guilt

33 Brooke @ Running In Heels December 29, 2012 at 12:04 am

LOVE that they sent clothes for Jay too!
Brooke @ Running In Heels recently posted..Good To Be Home & Simple Dill Salmon Recipe

34 Melissa December 29, 2012 at 6:06 am

When do we get to hear the big reveal?! :D (what’s the “new job”?) So excited for you!

35 Courtney December 29, 2012 at 8:46 am

Thanks! There really isn’t much more to reveal, since I don’t want to get in to too many specifics. I’m working as an executive assistant/office manager for a local company though :)

36 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More December 29, 2012 at 8:40 pm

Those headphones look awesome!
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..Yoga State of Mind

37 Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl December 29, 2012 at 11:58 pm

I love your addition of pumpkin bread to your yogurt bowl. Sounds delicious! :)
Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl recently posted..Happy Herbivore Blog Tour + Cookbook Giveaway!!