Active/Passive Superset Workout

by Courtney on December 31, 2012

Today’s superset workout is made up of one exercise that is an active exercise, while the other is a static (hold) exercise. Hello, muscle burn!

Last Call 2012 Workout

This is actually a workout that I’ve given to a few of my online training clients, but it was one of my favorites so I thought I’d go ahead and share it with all of you today, as this month’s GNC workout.

The workout is made up of supersets – one exercise is an active exercise, while the other is a static (hold) exercise, thus giving you even more of that muscle burn we all know and love.

I know that I usually try to give you all some visuals to go along with the exercises, but I didn’t get a chance today. Most of the exercises should be pretty self-explanatory, but there were a few that I thought could be questionable, so here’s a few links to check those out.

If anyone decides to give it a shot, let me know! Like I said, it’s one of my favorites. :)

HAPPY NEW YEAR’S EEEEEEVE, everyone! Be safe out there!!

1 Linz @ Itz Linz December 31, 2012 at 1:49 pm

Ohhh I love superset workouts!! I like your idea of active/static!! May have to give this one a try!!
Linz @ Itz Linz recently posted..NatureBox Giveaway

2 michelle kim December 31, 2012 at 1:51 pm

OH EM GEEE… I totally forgot to put my workouts/reps in! I hope there is still time :D
Have a fun NYE ;)
michelle kim recently posted..Las Vegas and L.A. Eats

3 Marielle December 31, 2012 at 2:01 pm

Oh yay, I love this! I’ll try it today!
Marielle recently posted..Christmas Recap

4 Michelle@Peachy Palate December 31, 2012 at 2:06 pm

I’m enjoying the variety of posts but always love a new workout….loving all the new pregnancy insight too though of course!!! Happy New Year missus! And one more time…CONGRATULATIONS!! :) x
Michelle@Peachy Palate recently posted..Have determination

5 Ellie@Fit for the Soul December 31, 2012 at 2:26 pm

Really slow movement exercises are so great sometimes! It’s a nice change up from the explosive stuff because you get to focus on every tiny muscle fiber. :)
Ellie@Fit for the Soul recently posted..Amazing Apple Chicken Waldorf Recipe+ Product Review

6 Alex Katzen December 31, 2012 at 2:59 pm

Love your blog, especially the title! :) I have definitely been slacking on my workouts over the holidays. Have a great New Year’s Eve!
Alex Katzen recently posted..New Year New Resolutions?

7 Lisa December 31, 2012 at 3:06 pm

Oh yay, supersets are my favorite! I have a hard time strength training on my own since I find it boring, but supersets make it go by about a billion times faster.
Lisa recently posted..Pre New Years Things

8 dee December 31, 2012 at 3:16 pm

Ah! I didn’t think it’d be this tough! Wow, I was definitely feeling the burn even in the first superset. This was so much fun! Thanks for sharing! Now I’m ready for that New Year’s Eve party!

9 Brooke @ Running In Heels December 31, 2012 at 3:18 pm

LOVE this workout!! Definitely will be doing this one tomorrow. Thanks!!
Brooke @ Running In Heels recently posted..New Years Resolution Kick-off Treadmill Workout

10 Kristen @ notsodomesticated December 31, 2012 at 4:11 pm

Happy New Year’s Eve! You’ll be spending it like me … without alcohol haha! ;)
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..Pregnancy Update: Weeks 25 and 26

11 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles December 31, 2012 at 4:14 pm

Love supersets! More work in less time…can’t beat that!
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..The Non-Workout Workout Plan.

12 Avery @ Southern Belle Living Well December 31, 2012 at 4:48 pm

I can already feel the Super Slow Squats hurting….haha, it looks like a great workout, I’ll definitely give it a try tomorrow morning!
Avery @ Southern Belle Living Well recently posted..Whole Wheat Snickerdoodles

13 Danielle @ Truffles n' Treadmills December 31, 2012 at 5:03 pm

Definitely will be starting out 2013 with this workout!
Danielle @ Truffles n’ Treadmills recently posted..Cascadian Farm’s Granola Review

14 Karen @ Runner Girl Eats December 31, 2012 at 5:34 pm

I am a big fan of static exercises so I will be trying this tomorrow. Happy New Year!
Karen @ Runner Girl Eats recently posted..Final run of the year

15 Elizabeth @ My Neon Running Shoes December 31, 2012 at 5:53 pm

You are more than excused for not having workouts to share! You have something taking all of your extra energy! So worth it :-)
Elizabeth @ My Neon Running Shoes recently posted..New Year’s Resolutions.

16 purelytwins December 31, 2012 at 5:55 pm

slowly getting into doing more supersets when we lift weights and loving it!
this workout sounds great!
wishing you a wonderful new years eve!!
xoxo

17 Katie @ Skinny Minnie Moves December 31, 2012 at 7:39 pm

I love to workout, obviously, my blog is my life with workouts lol. I’m glad to see you are posting workouts again! Yipeeeeee
Katie @ Skinny Minnie Moves recently posted..New Years Rockin’ Eve!

18 Brittany Peters January 1, 2013 at 12:18 am

Thanks for sharing this! I will have to use this after New Years :)
Brittany Peters recently posted..Chocolate Chip Cake Batter Cookies

19 Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers January 1, 2013 at 11:14 am

Great workout! I just did my cardio, so I’ll save this workout for the afternoon! Happy New Years!!
Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers recently posted..Happy New Years!!

20 Julie January 1, 2013 at 6:01 pm

Looks like a great workout! I love the active/static combo!
Julie recently posted..Upper or Lower: Your Choice

21 Bek @ Crave January 2, 2013 at 12:15 am

I ended my 2012 with two body step workouts!
Bek @ Crave recently posted..2013 Resolutions & Goals