2012 In Blogging

Ohhh, 2012. It was such a year. A great year, a challenging year, and most importantly, a life changing year. I’m really looking forward to doing my 2012 review post in the next couple of days, because it gives me the opportunity to look back and reflect on everything that’s happened…and there’s definitely been a LOT that has happened!

2012 was also a pretty fun year for the blog, as it continued to grow (thanks to all of you) and went through some of its own changes here and there. One of the plugins that I use (jetpack, in case fellow bloggers are interested) always sends me a year-end summary, highlighting some key points throughout the year.

blog report

As it turns out…

So much fun to look over all of those stats! Smile

New Year’s Eve

Last night, Jay and I spent the evening ringing in the new year with the Mexico Crew. We ate, we drank (some of us drank sparkling red grape juice), we danced our faces off to our favorite Wii game, and I think the most surprising part was that I kept myself awake until almost 2am. Considering I can’t make it much past 9:30pm these days, that was quite a shock…then again, I guess it helps when you’re with good friends.

This morning, all three four of us spent a little bit of time lounging on the couch, enjoying a leisurely breakfast.

Once that is finished digesting, I’m heading down to the basement for a workout. Not quite sure what yet – maybe some walking, maybe a modified version of yesterday’s workout – but I’m ready to do something (even though I did get a pretty good workout between 10pm – 1am last night with our Wii game dancing). Winking smile

Plans for the rest of today include catching up on some blog stuff before it’s back to work tomorrow, finish putting away the Christmas decorations, a little cleaning, and perhaps a little online shopping.

I haven’t taken many pictures over the last 24 hours, so I don’t have all that much to share with you…but I wanted to pop in and wish you all a VERY Happy New Year. I have a feeling that 2013 is going to be an incredible year, and I cannot WAIT to see what else is in store!

Question for the Morning:

What are you looking forward to in 2013?

I’m jealous your terms actually make sense, the #6 way people found my blog last year by searching for how to wear blue pants! LOL apparently one of my Terrific Tuesday posts really wowed with that one! Happy 2013 my friend.
    Renee recently posted..Hello 2013

• Courtney says

Hahaha, I wasn’t surprised at ALL to see you at #1! Thank you so much for being such a loyal follower, Erica! xoxo :)

Hahaha I love that I was one of the top commenters … and that Ashley is, as well! Clearly you are one of my favorite blogs. :) I’ve actually cut way down on reading blogs recently, because life has just gotten busier. But yours is one I still always check! :)

I’m so excited to see what 2013 holds for both of us! Happy New Year, Courtney!
    Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..Pregnancy Update: Weeks 25 and 26

Wow, that’s so many blog posts this year! That is really neat to look at your stats at the end of the year. Sounds like you had an awesome year, especially since you found out you’re going to be a mommy!

For me, in 2013 I am most looking forward to my fitness goals. 2012 was the first year I really really fell in love with fitness. Ran my first half-marathon, etc. So I can’t wait to amp it up even more in the new year. Happy New Year!
    Melissa @ Freeing Imperfections recently posted..Happy New Year: Reflecting on 2012

• Courtney says

Awwww, I love you right back! I just need to get better about my commenting and stop just silently stalking you. Bahaha 😉

Happy New Year, Courtney! I can’t wait to scope out the top posts. Congrats on all your blogging success and I wish you continued success in the new year. With a little one on the way, I’m certain that 2013 is going to be a very special year for you and your husband! 😀
    Ali @ WHOLEistically Fit recently posted..HUGE Announcement!!

Hi Courtney! Just wanted to tell you happy new year and congratulations on such a big year for you! I’ve been following your blog for about a year now and it has become part of my morning routine! Thanks for sharing your health tips and reminding readers that living life to the fullest is truly a blessing :))

Write more, thats all I have to say. Literally, it seems as
    though you relied on the video to make your point.
    You definitely know what youre talking about, why waste your
    intelligence on just posting videos to your weblog when you could be giving us
    something informative to read?
    www recently posted..www