On The Go-Go-Go

by Courtney on January 3, 2013

Woweeeeeee, today was a busy day! I had quite a few things on my to-do list at work today, which kept the day going by super fast (always a plus). I felt like I was on the go-go-go from the time I got up this morning until right about the time I came home and crashed on the couch.

Of course, the craziness that was this morning was totally my own fault because I didn’t stick with my plan to prep everything the night before. So that meant that I still had to make a lunch and iron…not remembering this when I set my alarm last night. Whoops. But hey, it all worked out, (I think) I dressed myself well, managed to get a lunch together, and got myself to work on time. Woo Hoo!

Before racing out the door this morning, I quickly snapped a photo of my breakfast, which was thoroughly enjoyed in the car ride on the way to work.

An English muffin with peanut butter and banana slices. Just can’t get enough of ‘em these days.

Mid-morning, I wound up snacking on the other half of my banana and a piece of my favorite pumpkin bread, but no photos. You’ve seen plenty of those around here by now, so you get the idea.

When it came time to make my lunch this morning, I didn’t have time to dilly dally, so I stuck with one of my tried and true favorite (and colorful) combos…

There was once a time where I ate this combo every. single. day., yet it still hasn’t worn out its welcome, and is still a favorite from time to time. Today included some carrots + celery with hummus, and a vanilla Chobani with strawberries, blueberries, and a mini packet of Love Grown Foods granola.

Of course, this is not nearly enough to keep me satisfied these days, as my hunger is pretty much through the roof most of the time. So this held me off for a few hours.

Shortly after lunch, I needed to head out to pick up some gift cards from Starbucks for work (fun, right?) so while I was there I made sure to take advantage of the trip.

I picked myself up a tall, 1% Vanilla Rooibos Tea Latte which, might I add, is SUPER delicious (and caffeine free, FYI).

I also, somehow, managed to wind up with these salted almond chocolate bites…

Huh…weird? Winking smile I actually only had 2 out of the package though, because I want to keep these babies around for a while!

The afternoon continued with some more snackage while I worked, including some fresh cut cantaloupe and a Clif Z Bar; but by the time I got home around 5:30, I was already starving once again. So Jay and I quickly reheated our leftovers from last night and called it dinner. Easy peasy, super delicious.

Now that dinner is done, I mayyyyy attempt to head down to the treadmill for a brief walk, buuuuut I don’t know. I’m trying so hard to motivate myself but man, it is HARD at the end of the day (at least for me!). Especially when it’s cold and all I want to do is snuggle up in my cozies. Ehh, we’ll see.

Hope everyone had a fantastic Thursday…we’re alllllmost to Friday!

1 Katie @ Skinny Minnie Moves January 3, 2013 at 5:51 pm

Yay to friday being here! CANT WAIT!
Katie @ Skinny Minnie Moves recently posted..Back to the Real World!

2 Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries January 3, 2013 at 5:54 pm

Your workout dilemma is currently mine as well… I just got home from work, it is freezing outside, and all I really wanna do is curl up and read, BUT I feel like I should do something active. Hmmm, we’ll see if it happens. ;)
Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries recently posted..01/03/13: Thursday Thoughts

3 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey January 3, 2013 at 6:00 pm

Glad you’re getting your dinner in your belly as I type. Wouldn’t want you to be a #hangrypreggerslady – yikes. For shizzle. ;)
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..just add good banana bread

4 krystal@coffeecardiogoddess January 3, 2013 at 6:05 pm

I danced around the living room a bit to warm myself up. That counts right? Its soooo cold, even here in Texas! I didn’t move here from Ohio to be cold. Brrrr
krystal@coffeecardiogoddess recently posted..Anxiously Awaiting…..

5 Kelly @ Femme Fitale January 3, 2013 at 6:07 pm

I love the Vanilla Roiboos lattés as well!! In my first trimester, I gave up coffee completely, so the VRs totally satisfied my warm-beverage craving. They were also a good ordering option when I was out for coffee with people/coworkers before I was ready to tell people about my pregnancy!

6 Kelly @ Femme Fitale January 3, 2013 at 6:11 pm

Aaaand I totally missed the posts about your pregnancy! Congratulations!!!! :)
Kelly @ Femme Fitale recently posted..Lucky 13

7 Courtney January 3, 2013 at 6:30 pm

Haha thank you!! :)

8 Lisa January 3, 2013 at 6:16 pm

I totally feel you on those type of workout situations. It just gets super cold inside, that I’d way rather curl up on the couch with something warm, but I guess once you start working out you’ll be warm anyways, right. Starbucks is always a winner!

9 Julie January 3, 2013 at 6:17 pm

Ahhh I’m not ready for Friday yet, because I’m still on break! :-)Guess I shouldn’t complain, huh? Sounds like your new job is keeping you busy – fun!!!
Julie recently posted..First WIAW of 2013

10 Cassi January 3, 2013 at 6:25 pm

Vanilla Rooibos Tea Latte. Yum! Never had but sounds good. I get hung up on my soy latte. :) is that latte sweet on its own when you order or do you add sugar yourself?
Cassi recently posted..Peanut Butter Cups

11 Courtney January 3, 2013 at 6:29 pm

A standard order comes with a couple pumps of simple syrup and that was enough for me. Perfect, actually!

12 Melissa @ Freeing Imperfections January 3, 2013 at 6:31 pm

I’ve been wanting to try those things at Starbucks for a while now. Every time I go, I’m so tempted since they’re right at the check out counter! Were they any good?
Melissa @ Freeing Imperfections recently posted..Zippy Elliptical Workout

13 Kristen @ notsodomesticated January 3, 2013 at 6:32 pm

It’s hard for me to motivate myself after work, as well. I much prefer working out mid-morning. But working full time, that sadly can’t happen!
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..Christmas in Florida: My idea of a “white” (sand) Christmas.

14 Linz @ Itz Linz January 3, 2013 at 6:32 pm

Mmm those chocolate salted almond bites look SO good!! And I have a way harder time motivating myself later in the day if I don’t get it done first thing in the morning!
Linz @ Itz Linz recently posted..Awesome Fitness Gear for $40

15 Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl January 3, 2013 at 7:12 pm

I totally hear you on the importance of prepping the night before work. If I do not plan out my clothes and pack my lunch beforehand, I am a frazzled mess! :/

Yay for it almost being Friday! :)
Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl recently posted..WIAW: January 2, 2013

16 Suzanne @ Fit Minded Mom January 3, 2013 at 7:20 pm

I am liking that lunch combo!! It looks super tasty and quite easy to put together which is right up my alley. Hmmm, I might steal the idea from ya and start eating that next week.

You know, the good thing about a quick workout(even 20 minutes) if that you won’t be cold anymore :-)!!
Suzanne @ Fit Minded Mom recently posted..Twelve Hours

17 Lauren January 3, 2013 at 7:29 pm

I absolutely hate working out in the evening unless I’m taking a class. I have zero motivation after 10am. :)
Lauren recently posted..My Detox Week {3 Healthy Salad Recipes to Get Back on Track}

18 Lena January 3, 2013 at 7:45 pm

Those salted almond chocolate bites look delish! I’ve never seen them before, they don’t have them at Starbucks in London and definitely don’t have them at Starbucks in Australia! Why is it that everything tastes so much better with a bit of salt, yet it is so bad for you?!
PS. I would never have been able to limit myself to just 2!
Lena recently posted..H-O-T!

19 Kerry @ Totes My Oats January 3, 2013 at 8:01 pm

Mmmmm that Starbucks order sounds pretty delicious!
Kerry @ Totes My Oats recently posted..Happy 1st Birthday and 10th Day of Circuits

20 Melanie January 3, 2013 at 8:12 pm

I also treated myself to Starbucks today and was EXTRAORDINARILY tempted by all of the after-Christmas clearance items. $7 for a ceramic mug? Yes, please but not today. I was proud of myself for walking out of there with just a coffee. :smile:
Melanie recently posted..A Healthy Start to 2013: Polar Dash 10K

21 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake January 3, 2013 at 8:50 pm

That lunch is a throwback to your teaching days! :-)
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..WIAW – First Day of 2013

22 Courtney January 3, 2013 at 8:54 pm

Hahaha, I love that you know that! :)

23 Avery @ Southern Belle Living Well January 3, 2013 at 8:52 pm

Yay Starbucks! I understand the treadmill problem COMPLETELY. I’d suggest putting on your jammies, and walking on the treadmill in them. Then, as soon as you finish, you can hop straight into bed!
Avery @ Southern Belle Living Well recently posted..I Swear, It’s Out to Get Me

24 Jillian @ Sprinkle Massacre January 3, 2013 at 9:14 pm

haha…best eat-in-the-car breakfast, by far!

and I am with you on it being hard to get motivated at the end of the day. It’s been below freezing here so it’s awful both in the morning or after work!
Jillian @ Sprinkle Massacre recently posted..Who Doesn’t Love New Workout Gear?

25 Danielle @ Truffles n' Treadmills January 3, 2013 at 11:40 pm

That lunch looks so yummy. I love hummus! Have you ever had it with pretzel chips? It’s really good. I also saw your instagram pic and you walked today! Looks like you found some motivation somewhere :)
Danielle @ Truffles n’ Treadmills recently posted..Possibilities

26 Khushboo January 3, 2013 at 11:52 pm

My motivation to work out seems to waiver as the day goes on too!
Khushboo recently posted..Back on track

27 Miranda @ Biting Life January 4, 2013 at 1:04 am

I’m definitely the same as you when it comes to standard eats. I could eat the same thing over and over again, day in and day out, and not get sick of it! Lately, that’s what I’ve been doing with my go-to lunch: shredded chicken breast, couscous, broccoli, and olive oil. Smoothies, too! I always make the same recipe. It’s so weird, though, because my boyfriend HATES that. I have to constantly switch things up for dinner or else he gets antsy, haha!
Miranda @ Biting Life recently posted..Other People’s Recipes — December 2012

28 Karen @ Runner Girl Eats January 4, 2013 at 8:23 am

That lunch is my go to quick lunch. It usually doesn’t completely satisfy me but can at least get me through the work day with out a trip to the vending machine. I find it so hard to workout when it’s cold! All I want to do is wrap up in a blanket with tea and a book.
Karen @ Runner Girl Eats recently posted..Friday Favorites: 2012 Flashbacks

29 Angela @ Health's Angel January 4, 2013 at 9:25 am

Ooooh, I’m really intrigued by the sound of that latte. I normally go with chai tea but I may just have to try that one. And those almonds…yum!
You sound like me when it comes to eating at work. I feel like I just graze all day. Yet, I’m not pregnant…so I think my co-workers just think I’m constantly hungry. ;)
Angela @ Health’s Angel recently posted..“Taste the Rainbow”

30 Kaitlin @4loveofcarrots January 4, 2013 at 9:33 am

I can never motivate myself to workout in the afternoons, I seriously have to mentally prepare myself all day long! I am definitely a morning worker outer! And since i just read your most recent post firts, yayy for getting a workout in, but sorry to hear you are sick!
Kaitlin @4loveofcarrots recently posted..Things I am loving Friday

31 LaurenM January 4, 2013 at 9:35 am

That is my favorite Starbucks drink! Perfect for a chilly day!

32 Stefanie @ Thin Vegetarian January 4, 2013 at 12:36 pm

What a colorful lunch, and healthy too!
Stefanie @ Thin Vegetarian recently posted..Finally Published

33 Sabina January 4, 2013 at 7:17 pm

Getting motivated after work is super hard – that’s why I do it in the morning. Unfortunately that means getting up at 4:00AM – but at least that way I knock it out!