On The Go-Go-Go

Woweeeeeee, today was a busy day! I had quite a few things on my to-do list at work today, which kept the day going by super fast (always a plus). I felt like I was on the go-go-go from the time I got up this morning until right about the time I came home and crashed on the couch.

Of course, the craziness that was this morning was totally my own fault because I didn’t stick with my plan to prep everything the night before. So that meant that I still had to make a lunch and iron…not remembering this when I set my alarm last night. Whoops. But hey, it all worked out, (I think) I dressed myself well, managed to get a lunch together, and got myself to work on time. Woo Hoo!

Before racing out the door this morning, I quickly snapped a photo of my breakfast, which was thoroughly enjoyed in the car ride on the way to work.

An English muffin with peanut butter and banana slices. Just can’t get enough of ’em these days.

Mid-morning, I wound up snacking on the other half of my banana and a piece of my favorite pumpkin bread, but no photos. You’ve seen plenty of those around here by now, so you get the idea.

When it came time to make my lunch this morning, I didn’t have time to dilly dally, so I stuck with one of my tried and true favorite (and colorful) combos…

There was once a time where I ate this combo every. single. day., yet it still hasn’t worn out its welcome, and is still a favorite from time to time. Today included some carrots + celery with hummus, and a vanilla Chobani with strawberries, blueberries, and a mini packet of Love Grown Foods granola.

Of course, this is not nearly enough to keep me satisfied these days, as my hunger is pretty much through the roof most of the time. So this held me off for a few hours.

Shortly after lunch, I needed to head out to pick up some gift cards from Starbucks for work (fun, right?) so while I was there I made sure to take advantage of the trip.

I picked myself up a tall, 1% Vanilla Rooibos Tea Latte which, might I add, is SUPER delicious (and caffeine free, FYI).

I also, somehow, managed to wind up with these salted almond chocolate bites…

Huh…weird? Winking smile I actually only had 2 out of the package though, because I want to keep these babies around for a while!

The afternoon continued with some more snackage while I worked, including some fresh cut cantaloupe and a Clif Z Bar; but by the time I got home around 5:30, I was already starving once again. So Jay and I quickly reheated our leftovers from last night and called it dinner. Easy peasy, super delicious.

Now that dinner is done, I mayyyyy attempt to head down to the treadmill for a brief walk, buuuuut I don’t know. I’m trying so hard to motivate myself but man, it is HARD at the end of the day (at least for me!). Especially when it’s cold and all I want to do is snuggle up in my cozies. Ehh, we’ll see.

Hope everyone had a fantastic Thursday…we’re alllllmost to Friday!

Comments

I love the Vanilla Roiboos lattés as well!! In my first trimester, I gave up coffee completely, so the VRs totally satisfied my warm-beverage craving. They were also a good ordering option when I was out for coffee with people/coworkers before I was ready to tell people about my pregnancy!

I totally feel you on those type of workout situations. It just gets super cold inside, that I’d way rather curl up on the couch with something warm, but I guess once you start working out you’ll be warm anyways, right. Starbucks is always a winner!

3. Cassi says

Vanilla Rooibos Tea Latte. Yum! Never had but sounds good. I get hung up on my soy latte. :) is that latte sweet on its own when you order or do you add sugar yourself?
    Cassi recently posted..Peanut Butter Cups

I am liking that lunch combo!! It looks super tasty and quite easy to put together which is right up my alley. Hmmm, I might steal the idea from ya and start eating that next week.

You know, the good thing about a quick workout(even 20 minutes) if that you won’t be cold anymore :-)!!
    Suzanne @ Fit Minded Mom recently posted..Twelve Hours

Those salted almond chocolate bites look delish! I’ve never seen them before, they don’t have them at Starbucks in London and definitely don’t have them at Starbucks in Australia! Why is it that everything tastes so much better with a bit of salt, yet it is so bad for you?!
    PS. I would never have been able to limit myself to just 2!
    Lena recently posted..H-O-T!

I’m definitely the same as you when it comes to standard eats. I could eat the same thing over and over again, day in and day out, and not get sick of it! Lately, that’s what I’ve been doing with my go-to lunch: shredded chicken breast, couscous, broccoli, and olive oil. Smoothies, too! I always make the same recipe. It’s so weird, though, because my boyfriend HATES that. I have to constantly switch things up for dinner or else he gets antsy, haha!
    Miranda @ Biting Life recently posted..Other People’s Recipes — December 2012

Ooooh, I’m really intrigued by the sound of that latte. I normally go with chai tea but I may just have to try that one. And those almonds…yum!
    You sound like me when it comes to eating at work. I feel like I just graze all day. Yet, I’m not pregnant…so I think my co-workers just think I’m constantly hungry. 😉
    Angela @ Health’s Angel recently posted..“Taste the Rainbow”

I can never motivate myself to workout in the afternoons, I seriously have to mentally prepare myself all day long! I am definitely a morning worker outer! And since i just read your most recent post firts, yayy for getting a workout in, but sorry to hear you are sick!
    Kaitlin @4loveofcarrots recently posted..Things I am loving Friday

9. Sabina says

Getting motivated after work is super hard – that’s why I do it in the morning. Unfortunately that means getting up at 4:00AM – but at least that way I knock it out!