Today is a super exciting day…we have our 12 week prenatal appointment later this morning!! I cannot wait to hear that little heartbeat thumping and see how much he/she has changed in the past four weeks. Eeeek!
Don’t mind the glasses and semi-disheveled look. I was still feeling like garbage.
Baby Tooth is just over 12 weeks today, and is about the size of a large plum. By this point, he/she is just about finished forming the critical systems of the body. That means, from here on out, it’s all about grow, grow, growing!
Here’s what else Baby Tooth has been up to this week:
- He/she is about to enter the growth and maturation stage, where the organs and tissues will grow and develop rapidly.
- He/she is developing reflexes – if I poke the belly, he/she is likely to move (my little dancer!).
- He/she is opening and closing fingers and curling toes.
- The brain is developing fast.
And here’s what’s been happening with me this past week:
Weight gained: Looks like about 3-4 pounds.
Workouts: Ehh…I had a couple walking workouts this past week and was hoping for more, but the darn cold sort of nixed that.
Symptoms: This week is a bit different, since the majority of “symptoms” I’ve been feeling the past four days have not been baby-related. BUT…
- only about one day of nausea this week (woo hoo!)
- not feeling quite as tired (yay!)
- occasional cramping
- gassy. Again, sorry, Jay
- headaches (although not sure if they’re sickness or baby related)
- sore “girls” and still bloated, but most days are more good than bad.
- this one is more cold-related, but super stuffy and runny nose. This has, in turn, caused quite an issue for me in the asthma department. A standard cold is always troublesome for me, as it tends to aggravate my asthma quite a bit, but right now it’s bad. I’d been reading quite a bit on what inhalers are okay to take while pregnant, and since I got a ton of conflicting info, I decided to contact my PCP. She had said it’s really only recommended that I take my fast-acting inhaler, which isn’t really doing much for me. I’d say that this is my biggest struggle thus far, and am actually looking into going back to the asthma and allergy specialist that I went to almost two years ago. Hopefully I can get in soon (and get rid of this cold, which certainly isn’t helping!)
Food Aversions: Still not too many. Coffee is hit or miss, but not necessarily in a “omg I can’t be near the stuff” sort of way; more so that I just don’t crave it all the time. Oddly enough, I actually have no desire to go near mouthwash though. Or peppermint. But toothpaste and gum (non-peppermint) are fine.
Food Cravings: Okay, things TOTALLY changed on me this past week! For the past month, I’ve been all about the salty. But this week? Gimme SWEETS.
Like cookies. I craved them in a bad way this weekend, so I made cookie bars.
I’ve been ALL about TJ’s cat cookies this week.
Yogurt bowls have been incredible.
My Christmas candy (or any chocolate) has never tasted so good.
I even tried to convince Jay that we needed to buy Pop Tarts while we were grocery shopping yesterday (seriously?!? Where did that come from? – We did not buy them.)
Of course, there are still a few items I’m loving that aren’t totally sugar-laden like avocados, toast with butter, peanut butter and jelly, and cheese. I also actually didn’t have any Whopper cravings this week…but I did come across a photo of a Five Guys burger and fries and have been thinking about it ever since.
Sleep – No bueno this week, but I’m attributing most of that to the cold.
Looking Forward To – TODAY!! I’m also looking forward to talking over some names with Jay. We’ve been tossing some around here or there, but I’m looking forward to having more fun with that.
I’ll most likely have an update later this week after today’s appointment!