A Little Treasure

by Courtney on January 8, 2013

Well, let me tell ya. By the time I got home from my parents’ house last night after work, I was lucky I had the patience to even take off my jacket before diving head first into dinner. I was haaaaangry.

Luckily, I not only managed to get the jacket off, but I even changed into my cozies and allowed my goulash the two minutes it needed to heat up in the microwave. Winking smile

I thoroughly enjoyed my big bowl of mom’s goulash and a piece of toast with butter while reading through my latest issue of Rachel Ray magazine. There was actually quite a few recipes I tore out, including one for a Garlic Bread Bowl with Spicy Pizza Dip. Umm, yeah. That has Super Bowl written ALL over it.

As I was sitting at the table eating dinner and reading, I couldn’t help but notice my little sidekick.

He was eagerly waiting next to me with his fetch toy, so I played a few rounds with him, but eventually all he wanted to do was stare at the bottom of the fridge. If Cody stares at a fetch toy near the bottom of the fridge and doesn’t go after it, that only means one thing…

There were others under there that he had his mind on.

Sure enough, he was happy as a clam after that little treasure was presented to him.

Geez, he cracks me up.

As for the rest of the evening? Well, I had it all blocked off for one thing, and one thing only…

source

That’s right, baby. It’s Bachelor time. And Mr. Sean Lowe has my full attention for the whole season. Winking smile

*****

*The Baby Tooth page was updated this morning! (It does have ultrasound pics, so just a heads up in case they aren’t really your thing).

Question for the Morning:

Where are all my fellow Bachelor fans out there?!? What did you think of the first episode?

How about Robyn who attempted the back flips and totally fell?!? I’m sorry, but that was just funny!

1 Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries January 8, 2013 at 8:35 am

Oh I love the Bachelor – guilty pleasure right here! I didn’t get a chance to watch it last night, but I certainly plan on catching up with it today! Can’t wait for it!
Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries recently posted..Week 27: Natural or Epidural?

2 Sarah January 8, 2013 at 8:40 am

I loved last night’s episode! Question, though…what happened to the drunk girl? I didn’t see her at the rose ceremony? Did I miss something when I stepped out of the room?!

3 Courtney January 8, 2013 at 8:44 am

Oh she was definitely there! No rose for her though haha ;)

4 Kristy @ Kristy's Health Revolution January 8, 2013 at 8:47 am

Haha! My cat does the same thing with these little rubber mice that I bought three Halloweens ago. She LOVES them, and she has 3 left. They always end up under the bookcase in the living room, and she’ll sit there and stare under it until I get a flashlight and dig them out. Silly kitties.
Kristy @ Kristy’s Health Revolution recently posted..Active Rest Day, a.k.a. How I Became a Morning Person

5 Ellie January 8, 2013 at 8:50 am

Oh my gosh I am about to watch is on Hulu and I can’t wait- how bad it that? I read there is no drama (or at least a heck of a lot less this season and have to say I am glad) also Kacie B- love her

6 casso January 8, 2013 at 9:01 am

i cant wait to watch it on hulu this week! im not a TV person hence the no cable, but im guilty and can’t help but love this show!
casso recently posted..Gotta love breakfast x2! HIIT Love.

7 My Neon Running Shoes January 8, 2013 at 9:03 am

I haven’t watched it yet but I can’t wait! Everyone is saying Chris seems really sweet!!!
My Neon Running Shoes recently posted..Yes, I did get passed on the slopes by a 2 year old.

8 Melanie January 8, 2013 at 9:04 am

Sean held my complete attention as well—he is so incredibly dreamy! I was super excited Kacie was back from Ben’s season. She was a favorite of mine. IT should be a drama-filled season!
Melanie recently posted..A Reminiscent Run

9 Jillian @ Trail Mix Diaries January 8, 2013 at 9:08 am

Cody is so stinkin’ cute! My cats love the like milk tabs, too. Unfortunately, one cat likes to chew & eat everything, so we can’t leave them around for her to play with very long. Supervised play only :) And ooooh – your mom’s goulash looks DELISH!
Jillian @ Trail Mix Diaries recently posted..No Longer 100% Non-Photogenic

10 Meghan @ After the Ivy League January 8, 2013 at 9:11 am

When you said something else under the fridge I thought you meant a mouse! My cat has gone into stare-down mode under appliances before…and usually it’s for something more sinister than his toy haha
Meghan @ After the Ivy League recently posted..The Little Things

11 Natalie @ Free Range Human January 8, 2013 at 9:15 am

I am a big fan of The Bachelor, but I basically just skimmed last night’s episode. The first episode is always too embarrassing and painful to sit through!
Natalie @ Free Range Human recently posted..Expectations

12 kim@hungryhealthygirl January 8, 2013 at 9:32 am

Loved the first episode!! I didn’t watch last season, so Sean is new to me and I definitely see what all the fuss is about!
kim@hungryhealthygirl recently posted..Mexican Lasagna

13 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More January 8, 2013 at 9:34 am

Bachelor is definitely my guilty pleasure but if someone called me up and asked if I wanted to date Sean Lowe….YES PLEASE!
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..Priceless

14 Ashlee January 8, 2013 at 10:01 am

Ohhhh Sean. Such a cutie!
Ashlee recently posted..Re-Vegan

15 Elaine January 8, 2013 at 10:11 am

I watched the Bachelor last night and think this is going to be a veryyyy entertaining season. There were some interesting girls on there! I can’t believe the one girl with the 50 Shades of Grey obsession…can we say out of control? My favorite part was when she said “Don’t be mad at me, Mom.” at the end. Hahah!
Elaine recently posted..Crock Pot Curry Chicken

16 Sara @ fitcupcaker January 8, 2013 at 10:42 am

I watched it! He seems so genuine, and cute :) That was hilarious when she fell! Some of those girls are Craaaaazy!
Sara @ fitcupcaker recently posted..Fit French Toast

17 Chelsea @ LittleOneRuns January 8, 2013 at 11:05 am

i’ve never had goulash, it looks pretty good though! haha never watched the bachelor either, honestly i’ve wanted to at least once though.
Chelsea @ LittleOneRuns recently posted..Job Hunting Bums

18 Sabrina @Work It Ms Jackson January 8, 2013 at 11:14 am

This might sound sad but I have never been more bummed that we got rid of cable than I am now. Sean was my favorite on Emily’s season and now I have to wait til Tuesday or Wednesday to catch the episodes online.

I told you sad, right? HAHA!
Sabrina @Work It Ms Jackson recently posted..Happy New Year and New Goals!

19 Shay M. January 8, 2013 at 11:30 am

That girl who got waaaaaasted was ridiculous! I’m also a little surprised he picked the girl in the wedding dress since she asked for a kiss. That was way awkward!

20 Stellina @ My Yogurt Addiction January 8, 2013 at 11:34 am

LOL about the back flips!!! And the girl who whipped out the tie! Really? I think the girl he gave the first rose to is adorable as well as the bridal consultant. Sean is such a cutie! I love this show even though the concept it kind of silly. It gets me everytime!

21 Lisa January 8, 2013 at 11:50 am

NOTE: Spoiler Alert to Those That Haven’t Watched Yet!

OMG!! I was totally glued to the TV and will probably watch it over again for its highly entertaining value last night. A few comments: 1) Why, oh why, would he keep the girl in the wedding dress??!! 2) Totally laughed at the girl who was trying to do the back flips but also felt kind of sorry for her. I don’t know too many people who can do back flips in a long, clingy gown!; 3) The girl with the 50 Shades of Grey obsession needs some serious help; 4) Was very relieved that the girl with 1 arm received a rose; 5) Can’t wait to see future episodes with Tierra!! From the previews they showed last night, she looks like she is going to be MAJOR trouble!!! 6) I really thought for a minute that Emily was going to be the last surprise girl to come out of the limo! I think that Sean is the best bachelor they have ever had. I will be totally jealous of whoever ends up with that man!

22 Hillary | Nutrition Nut on the Run January 8, 2013 at 12:21 pm

I don’t have cable, so Tuesday will have to be my Bachelor evenings when I catch up online. Sean is a QT ;)

23 Nicole@ livingthesweetlifestl.wordpress.com January 8, 2013 at 12:29 pm

My parents cat does the exact same thing with the stove. I loved the first episode last night…I couldn’t get over all the crazies on this one!
Nicole@ livingthesweetlifestl.wordpress.com recently posted..A bunch of nothing

24 Chelsea @ Cardio and Cocktails January 8, 2013 at 1:16 pm

That goulash looks amazing, I looked around the blog for a recipe but didn’t find one…. Any chance of sharing this one??
Chelsea @ Cardio and Cocktails recently posted..When Plans Change

25 EG Gal January 8, 2013 at 2:42 pm

I second that. Your moms goulash looks amazing and would love the recipe. Mine never looks like that. :(

26 Courtney January 8, 2013 at 3:00 pm

I honestly don’t think she really has one! It’s basically just ground beef, tomatoes, and noodles haha :)

27 Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl January 8, 2013 at 1:30 pm

I just received my copy of Rachel Ray’s magazine in the mail last night and cannot wait to read it. I, however, am notorious for tearing out recipes, sticking them in a pile, and never making them. I really need to get with it and get that pile organized so that I will start utilizing the recipes!

I am a BIG Bachelor fan. I have watched every season since the beginning. Sean happens to be an all-time favorite of mine, so I am sure that it will be a great season!
Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl recently posted..Avocado and Tomato Grilled Cheese: The Best Homemade Grilled Cheese!

28 Courtney January 8, 2013 at 2:59 pm

Hahaha…guilty of the same thing!

29 Angela January 8, 2013 at 2:01 pm

I have the Bachelor recorded to watch sometime today! Can’t wait!
Angela recently posted..What I’m Loving Right Now

30 Carrie @ Lift Eat Repeat January 8, 2013 at 2:34 pm

Sean seems to be such a great, genuine guy, but what I don’t get is why he agreed to go on the show. He is a Christian guy with morals, and to me dating more than one person at the same time kinda violates Christian morals……just cause it’s on TV doesn’t make it okay (In My Opinion of Course)
Carrie @ Lift Eat Repeat recently posted..Tough Mudder 2012 Recap

31 Whitney January 8, 2013 at 2:58 pm

I am a new reader, but LOVED your post with your kitty pictures!! I just love when they play with things that are so simple! :)

I am ALSO a Bachelor fan! I thought the first episode wasn’t bad- there are some crazies though! MAN! Like the girl in the wedding dress!! OMG! Also, the girl that did the back flips… oh my! haha It was a fun episode! My friends and I are doing a Bachelor Bracket, like a sports bracket! I AM SO EXCITED!!! :) hehe

32 Courtney January 8, 2013 at 3:01 pm

Welcome!!! :)

33 Mollie @Sprinkles of Life January 14, 2013 at 3:44 pm

That is such a fun idea to do the bracket thing! I may have to steal that in the future ;)

34 Lizzie January 8, 2013 at 8:07 pm

Haha Courtney – it definitely take another cat lady to find the humor in the refrigerator treasures! I laughed out loud :)

35 Avery @ Southern Belle Living Well January 8, 2013 at 9:56 pm

Ohhhh….Sean. I have a friend who knows him, and needless to say, I am JEALOUS. He sends her autographed items all the time…. :( Someone’s gonna make quite a bit on eBay.

I love your little “goulash bowl”! Where do you buy bowls like that?

36 Courtney January 8, 2013 at 10:35 pm

They’re from QVC. The temptations line!

37 Bek @ Crave January 9, 2013 at 12:11 am

I am seriously in love with your cat- I’ve never been a cat person, actually I much prefer kittens but Cody seems so playful and adorable. I want one!
Bek @ Crave recently posted..CXWORX 9

38 Mollie @Sprinkles of Life January 14, 2013 at 3:37 pm

My Monday nights are now blocked off for Mr. Lowe too!! So anxious to see all the drama this season seems to hold!
Mollie @Sprinkles of Life recently posted..Kaydin’s 6th Birthday- A Painting Party!