A Look Back at 2012

Well, although we’re already more than week into 2013, I still had to put together a review post for 2012.

I know that not everyone loves reading these posts. I totally get how reviewing everything that has happened for someone else over a year doesn’t always relate to everyone, so if that’s you, feel free to skip ahead. No harm, no foul.

I, however, absolutely love writing these posts, mostly for my own selfish reasons. It gives me the opportunity to reflect back on everything that has happened – all the highs and the lows – and have it all in one place. And I quickly realized, after it took me over an hour and half to compile this post…2012 was a pretty crazy awesome year.

Jay and I celebrated our second wedding anniversary.

I was offered a job as a personal trainer at a local gym.

I turned 28.

And on the same day, began my job personal training.

We traveled to Mexico and spent the week with six of our best friends/family.

I got to document the engagement of two of my favorite people ever.

I got to be on a local radio station talking about health and fitness.

Jay and I were asked to be in Brian and Mal’s wedding.

We celebrated at our annual St. Patty’s Day party (but for some reason, I just discovered that all of the photo links on that post are broken).

I was invited back to my old high school to give a presentation about blogging and social media.

STSL turned two!

Celebrated Easter with all sorts of good food…and candy. Winking smile

May (possibly my busiest month of the year!)

I traveled to Colorado and spent a long weekend at the Blend Retreat, meeting (and seeing again) some awesome blogging buddies.

I was invited to attend the Fitness Magazine Meet & Tweet event in NYC.

I got to tour Boston with some great blogging buddies.

I was invited to Reebok HQ and got to spend the day doing killer workouts and learning more about the brand, which I now love.

I celebrated and helped plan my friend Rachel’s bridal shower.

Jay and I hosted a ridiculously fun Memorial Day party.

I celebrated and helped plan my friend Kathryn’s bridal shower.

I made cocktails on TV!

I was featured in Fitness Magazine for winning a Fitterati award.

I celebrated my friend Rachel’s wedding.

I also announced my struggles with Hypothalamic Amenorrhea and my plans to try and combat it.

We decided to re-do our living room.

I spent the weekend in Burlington, VT for my friend Kathryn’s Bachelorette party.

I attended the Healthy Living Summit for the third year in a row, and presented on a panel for the second time.

Participated in the 2012 Summer Yard Olympics and won a medal!

I celebrated my friend Kathryn’s wedding.

Continued to commit to battle HA, and accepted having to buy larger jeans.

Had a ridiculously fun weekend with friends on a wine tour.

We danced our faces off at Seth and Nicole’s wedding.

And then the following weekend, celebrated our third wedding of the month for our cousins, Denise and Mike.

Traveled to the Jets game with Jay and my parents.

Jay and I attended our first Turkey Bowl, hosted by our friends Seth and Nicole.

I helped plan and attended Mal’s bridal shower.

I also found out some VERY big news the following day. Open-mouthed smile

I was invited to Reebok HQ for the second time, and had a blast catching up with everyone, learning even more about the product, and participating in a modified CrossFit WOD.

Jay and I hosted a super fun Christmas party, and had a blast telling our friends some big news.

I started a brand new, full time, 8-5 job (and am loving it).

And finally…

I wrote the most exciting post I’ve ever written, announcing to the world that Jay and I are expecting our first, long-awaited baby. Smile

2012 was an unbelievable year. While there were a few struggles and downs, overall, everything really came together for us in 2012. I consider myself so incredibly lucky for all for all of the wonderful things I have in my life, and the opportunities that I’ve had.

As great as 2012 was though, I have a feeling that 2013 is going to be even MORE exciting…and I can’t wait to see what else happens!

Question for the Afternoon:

What were some of your highlights in 2012?

Wow, you had such a lot going on in 2012! I DO like these kind of review posts because it lets you get to know the blogger even better. Especially because I haven’t been reading your blog for too long yet – BTW: I like it a lot! Also, I think the highlights you chose tell something about you, too :): That friends and family play a huge role in your life and that’s great!

One of my highlights in 2012 was interning at “Runner’s World” and getting to know many sweet people and having a lot of awesome chances while being there. I wouldn’t want to miss this time!
    Miss Polkadot recently posted..Happy New Year and setting [realistic] goals

I like review posts, it gives a good idea of all the awesome things you did throughout the year! Got to say the baby post was probably the best though:) It looks like you had a really, really great year! Here’s to another one!

3. Paige Cunningham says

I read your blog every day and and feel like such a freak but whenever you talk about baby tooth I get shivers and wanna cry! I swear I’m not crazy – just so happy for such a deserving person, 2013 will be EVEN BETTER for you!

Wow! What a successful year! And how awesome it is to have it all documented so you can look back years from now! Among other things, that is one of my main goals when starting up my little blog recently. Love reading about all these events and can’t wait to see what 2013 brings :)
    Lauren @ Berry Sweet Lauren recently posted..Crime Fighters

5. Sarah says

I think these posts are great. The only thing better would be if I missed one to catch up on :) but lucky for me I caught them all. 2012 was a great year and I know 2013 will be even better for you. Congrats on everything!

6. Sarah says

Your year was so much more fun than mine!
    2012 was one that I anticipated coming for awhile. I got into graduate school and moved 700 miles away from home. It was exciting and scary all at the same time. I did not know a sole in town except my roommate but I have managed to really adjust well and happy to call my new location home. I also traveled a lot which is a perk of school :)
    I think that 2013 will be busy but more stable. We all need an off/stable year :)
    I absolutely love your blog and think you and Jay are just adorable. I can’t wait to cyber-meet baby tooth!

Aw! I love re-caps like this! It’s great for you to look back on, but also fun for us to read :) You had an amazing year from the looks of it, particularly in the wedding department 😉 Highlights of my year were going on a Europe trip with my boyfriend & getting a promotion!
    Ashley @ Sweat for Sweets recently posted..a fresh start

8. Juile says

Wow! What a great year for you Courtney both personally and professionally…lots of good stuff, which is why your blog is so much fun to read. Can’t wait to see what next year brings! For me, my biggest things were graduating college and moving to the “real world!”

Wow – you definitely had a busy year! I can’t believe STSL is only about 2 1/2 years old…I feel like you’ve been doing it for longer than that! And somehow, I think I can predict what you’re most excited for in 2013 :-p

My big moments of 2012: starting a blog (yay!), moving to a new city and becoming part of an official “common-law” couple and going back to school so I can get my MA.
    Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..freEDom: Breaking Away from Perfectionist Tendencies.

10. Nicole says

I wish I had a blog so I could do this! haha looks like you had an amazing year! Good for you & your extending family :) I’m sorry about the horrible doctor appointment too, some people have HORRIBLE social skills and can’t communicate something properly and with respect.