Baby Tooth: 13 Weeks

I feel like no matter where you read, there’s a million different opinions on where the second trimester “officially” starts. Some people say 12 weeks, others say 13, and then there are others that say it isn’t until 14. Well, I’m right in the middle, so I say we’re goin’ with it…we’re into the second trimester, baby!

13 weeks

Baby Tooth is just over 13 weeks today (13 weeks and 3 days, actually, now that my due date got moved up to 7/19/13), and is about the size of a peach.

Here’s what else Baby Tooth has been up to this week:

• He/she is almost 3 inches long and weighs nearly an ounce.
  • Fingerprints have formed on the tiny fingertips.
  • Veins and organs are clearly visible through the skin, and the body is starting to catch up with her head — which makes up just a third of her body size now.
  • If Baby Tooth is a girl, she now has more than 2 million eggs in her ovaries(!).

And here’s what’s been happening with me this past week:

Weight gained: None since last week, so we’re still holding steady around 4ish pounds. I, however, feel like my whole midsection just seems/looks bigger all around right now, so I don’t know what’s going on. Overall, I’m just feeling big and bloated and looking forward to actually having a legit bump, rather than looking like I had a few too many after-dinner snacks (which, well, I probably have). Winking smile

Workouts: I feel like I’m finally getting back into the swing of things! I had two days of cardio and strength last week, and spent about 40 minutes walking this morning. My plan for right now is morning workouts on Mondays and Fridays, evening workouts on Tuesdays and Thursdays, and whatever happens, happens, for the weekends. I’m pumped.

Symptoms: Not too many this week! I feel like I’m finally starting to reach the “second trimester” bliss,” and have been feeling great (especially now that I can breathe and the cold is almost gone). Other than the sore girls and some occasional lower abdominal pains, I can’t complain at all.

Food Aversions: Nada

Food Cravings: This past week, I’ve been pretty equal opportunity. I’m just loving food in general, and have had an appetite for just about anything. Most of the foods I’ve been eating are really just the same foods that I would typically eat anyways, so nothing crazy: peanut butter, yogurt bowls, veggies, sweets, chicken/red meat, bread. But I’d probably say that the best thing I ate this past week would have to be this.

Sleep – Good! I also finally figured out a way that I can get comfortable sleeping half on my side and half on my stomach, which has been awesome. For the longest time, I just couldn’t get comfortable on my stomach, for some odd reason.

Looking Forward To – Actually buying things for baby! I’ve been trying to hold off just because I don’t want to go spending money aimlessly on a bunch of green and yellow items. Since we absolutely, 100% know we’ll be finding out the sex, I’m trying to hold off for now.

I have, however, started doing a little bit of browsing for nursery furniture and decorating ideas, and Jay and I actually both seem to be drawn to the same kinds of things, which makes like that much easier. Actually, we’ve agreed on just about everything so far – finding out the sex, random parenting tips, names (we have top 2-3’s for girl and boy!) – so it really couldn’t be better. Smile

Comments

I’m too young to have a baby right now, but I get so excited seeing different bloggers talking all about their pregnancy experiences. I love seeing the joy on ya’lls faces, and it makes me look forward to the days when I’ll be having a baby. I don’t blame you about wanting a bump. Girl, thats the best part!
    Avery @ Southern Belle Living Well recently posted..Gimme That Burrito

2. Colleen says

haha! i’ve just recently moved into the “i’m actually pregnant – i haven’t just been eating cheeseburgers and donuts constantly” phase. it’s so much better! the 2nd trimester is WAY better than the first…. morning sickness is mostly gone, you’ll actually have a bump, and you won’t be as tired! enjoy the ride! :)

I spot a little bump! :) Yay! I’m glad you’re feeling great. 2nd trimester truly is the best (at least it was for me)! From weeks 12-16, I felt like I wanted to eat everything and anything. ALL food just sounded so amazing to me after weeks of not having much of an appetite and feeling nauseous. It was so nice to have my appetite back again. Enjoy this time! xoxo
    Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries recently posted..Hypothalamic Amenorrhea FAQ

4. Monica says

I’m so jealous that you have names! We only have 10 weeks to go before our first is born and we’ve got…squat! That has been the hardest part of this pregnancy! :) You look beautiful, btw.

You look so adorable! I’ve heard that from a lot of my friends who get pregnant, that they are excited to start really looking pregnant and get over the whole “awkward” in between stomach phase, haha! You can never have too many snacks though!

6. Nicole says

Will you be sharing the name of your baby before he/she is born? Or will you let that be a surprise for when the big day arrives?

memories are stirring from my being preg w/ my 2 kiddos!
    sounds like your having an excellent pregnancy. Which is so great for you first! My first was like that.. until delivery when I got postpartum eclampsia.. scary stuff!! and I was so sick… puking at least 4 times a week all the way until delivery with my second but her delivery was easy peasy! had her at 6:10 am and was home by 11 am. Her delivery was a funny story.. 2 weeks early, living on an island w/no hospital, giving birth at a medical center naturally.. it’s amazing what your body does.. it’s like auto pilot and just takes over. fun times!! LOL

8. Caroline says

Totally get the desire for a legit bump instead of ‘too many too many after-dinner snacks’ look, but you look really cute. Just read that the British Royal baby is also due in July. Fancy that!! ;)

9. Madison says

I am also pregnant and am due the same week!! I feel soooo much better too and am just happy to have made it past week 12! My bump is the same as yours right now, but i am sure we will be feeling huge soon enough ! I am in the capital district too !

Ahh so exciting! And I know that you FEEL like your middle is looking bigger, but you seriously look amazing. I didn’t really start looking pregnant until I was about 19 weeks, but everyone is different. I have one girlfriend who is 23 weeks and still not really showing! Looking forward to continuing to see your progress!! :)
    Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..28 Weeks: Good-bye Second Trimester!

I know what you mean about feeling like you look blah :-\ You look fine though and that noticeable bump will come soon enough! I’m 17 weeks now and some days I’m like WOW look at that bump…and other days I feel like I just look bloated.

I know what you mean about waiting to buy for the baby too…we will find out the sex (hopefully!) on Jan 25th and I’m dying to know! I can’t wait to really start putting together the nursery and buying cute little clothes. :)