Summing Up Sunday

Talk about a great Sunday. Actually, talk about a great weekend. I had fun with friends on Friday, a fantastic date night on Saturday, and a little bit of QT time with my bestie, good food, shopping, and relaxing on Sunday. Basically, it doesn’t get much better than that.

The day started off with an early breakfast date with my bestie, Heather, at Spillin’ the Beans.

Spillin’ the Beans is one of my favorite local breakfast spots, especially since it’s so close to home. Their food is always delicious, and they usually have some pretty great specials to offer, too.

Today, one of their specials was a pepper, tomato, garlic, arugula, and Swiss omelet. For one of the first times in my life, I read it and immediately had my mind set – no dilly dallying and trying to make decisions with the rest of the menu.

The omelet came with home fries and toast (marble rye for me) and everything tasted absolutely incredible. The garlic, especially, was probably my favorite part of the omelet. It had a sweet, roasted flavor, that would appear every so often in a bite. Definitely something to consider trying on my own some time.

Heather and I hung out for almost two hours over breakfast, just chatting and catching up on everything that’s happened since the last time we met up. It’s always so great to catch up with my Heather. Smile

After breakfast, I had quite a few errands to run, so I got to work on them quickly so I could get back home and relax for the rest of the day. First up: Sephora.

All I can say is, I need to find some cheaper makeup. Seriously. And, of course, why is it that everything that you use always seems to run out at the same time, making the purchase that much more cringe-worthy? Ughh…my poor wallet.

Next up? Target. And hey, guess what? I managed to get out of there with spending less than $40.00!

I think it was a good thing I hit up Sephora first, as it most likely worked as my deterrent from making mindless purchases at the other money pit that is known as Tar-jay. It was a bit of a random purchase, nothing too exciting: knee highs (always sexy, eh?), socks, cleaning supplies, a makeup foundation brush, a new nail polish color, and some of the new Chobani bites. This was my first time seeing them near me, so I had to pick some up. I’ll let you know how they are once I try ‘em!

As I was walking out of Target, I decided to make a quick stop at the Starbucks that was inside, and ordered myself an iced Vanilla Rooibos tea latte (aka, one of my new Starbucks favorites). I wasn’t sure how it’d be iced, but I was super warm all day and needed something cold.

It was tasty, but I think I like it warm better. Why, oh why, does Starbucks not offer iced decaf lattes in the winter?

Just one more quick trip to the grocery store, and I was finally home for the day. I had a couple of ripe bananas that needed to be used up, so I decided to whip up a quick batch of my always-favorite Banana Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies.

For the chocolate, I used a mix of dark chocolate chips and half of a chopped dark chocolate hazelnut bar…ohmygawwwwwwd.

I immediately had two fresh out of the oven.

And lucky for me, these aren’t Jay’s favorite…so they’re ALL miiiiine. Winking smile

Mid-afternoon, Jay and I were hanging out watching some football and we got to talking about how this year’s “Football Sundays” were pretty lame. We really only got together once with friends for football, and we didn’t get to enjoy nearly as many snacks as we usually do. So since we were on the topic, I decided to put together a quick little snack tray for us.

I happened to have about 1-1/2 avocados in the fridge, so I quickly whipped up a fresh batch of guacamole, made with some tomatoes, onions, garlic, salt and pepper.

For being quick, it was actually quite tasty.

A couple of hours later, we had dinner, which included some bright, colorful, veggie-filled salads topped with fresh grilled chicken.

(Yes, it was actually warm enough to grill outside yesterday…I LOVE it.)

So yeah, Sunday was a great day. And now it’s back to work this morning…boy those weekends sure do fly by fast, don’t they? Yikes.

*The Baby Tooth page was updated this morning! Smile

Weekend questions for the Morning:

• What was the best thing you ate this weekend?
  • Where was the best place you went this weekend?
  • What was the best laugh you had this weekend?

Comments

It looks like your weekend was much more enjoyable than last weekend. Its amazing the difference that a week can make!

That breakfast looks unbelievable. There is just something about home fries that get me every time. I need to starting making them at home, though I am sure they would not turn out quite as perfectly crispy as they normally are at restaurants.

P.s. I am glad to hear that I am not the only person who refers to Target as Tar-Jay! ;)
    Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl recently posted..Grilled Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich

OMG those cookies look fabulous!

The best thing I did this weekend was go to my company holiday party (yes after the holiday’s lol). Lot’s of fun, but a little too much (cheap) wine. Definitely feeling the effects today still! :( Not good!

Looks like the perfect Sunday! I have a problem shopping in Target too so I am impressed you kept it under $40. That’s just not easy! I love sephora for my make up too but always cringe at the price. I think it’s worth it though. I usually buy things like foundation and eye liner at sephora and then try to spend less on the little things like eye shadows, lip colors, etc…
    Danielle@cleanfoodcreativefitness recently posted..Marvelous in My Monday!

You’re my Target hero! haha And that omelet looks great. The best thing I had this weekend was the pulled pork bbq I made for dinner Saturday. The hubs and I had two other couples for dinner, which was good since it kept me from overeating it!
    Tiff (@LoveSweatBeers) recently posted..Tuscan Dinner

Mmm I think I need to make those Banana Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies! They sound and look super yummy.
    Best thing I ate this weekend would be spinach & cheese manicotti that I made with YOUR Italian Quick Bread on the side. Cody and I both LOVED the bread. Definitely going to be a consistent repeat in our house! ;)
    Best place I went this weekend would be…no where? Lol. We didn’t go many places this weekend other than Cody’s basketball game and church which I was perfectly content with. It was pretty nice!
    Best laugh I had this weekend? My husband and dogs are always making me laugh! They’re my favorite entertainers. :)
    Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries recently posted..Hypothalamic Amenorrhea FAQ

6. Jennifer says

I worked at Starbucks for 3 years in college and all the ones I worked at offered iced anything (except the seasonal syrups) all year long. I would ask your local Starbucks to double check, that seems weird to me. I would be so sad if mine didn’t serve iced, I prefer it that way!

Best thing I ate was vanilla/choc frozen yogurt with Reeses, Oreos, Cheesecake, Butterfinger, and caramel!! :) When are you going to fill us in on exactly what your new job is? :)

• Courtney says

I don’t plan on getting into great detail, but my main role is an office administrator/executive assistant for a local company. I’m absolutely loving it! :)

8. Kristina says

I work at Starbucks so I can confirm they offer iced decaf lattes year round. As long as they have decaf expresso beans they have to be able to make decaf lattes-even iced ones!!

• Irene says

That’s ridiculous! Its just decaf espresso + ice + unfrothed milk. Its is easier to make than a hot one!!! Maybe you can offer a little guidance? There is absolutely no reason they can’t make you a cold one if they can make you a hot one.

• Christine says

I am also a barista and immediately thought it was strange that they wouldn’t offer decaf iced lattes in the winter! Only difference is you would need decaf espresso, so if they are able to make hot decaf lattes they should be able to make cold!

Sephora is sooo expensive! My makeup supply consists of free samples from Clinique that my grandmother gives me whenever she buys her facewash haha. Saves me lots of money! Those cookies look amazing, and I love whipping up some fresh guacamole. It’s always so much easier than I think it will be, and so worth it!
    Meghan @ After the Ivy League recently posted..Crockpot Virgin

10. Lindsay says

I’d love to hear about what your staples are from Sephora! Not that I need anymore excuses to buy more makeup from there, but I am always interested to hear what products other ladies can’t live without.

That is so weird that they told you at Starbucks you can’t get an iced latte – I live in MN so maybe it is different but we can get iced lattes all year long. They look at you funny if you order one in the winter cause it is so dang cold but you can still do it! ;)
    Katie @ running4cupcakes recently posted..BODY PUMP

Looks like you had a great weekend! I’ve had a cookie craving lately and just may need to make those cookies :)

Best thing I ate this weekend was leftover pulled pork, black beans and rice. Homemade by my bf and so delicious.

Best place I went was to the dog beach…fun time!

Best laugh I had was when our sand covered dog jumped onto my bf’s lap getting sand all over him. A little while later she procedded to trample me as I was taking a nap and therefore also covered me in sand!
    Katie @ A Full Plate recently posted..Foodie Friday: Cuban Night

glad to see you had an awesome Sunday, dear. Catching up with friends is always fun! [I had a lunch date yesterday for just that purpose! Loved it!!]

Haven’t seen the Chobani bites anywhere yet – but you can count on me checking EVERY grocery store near me this week ;)
    Heather recently posted..Simply Saturday

I have a major sephora problem. All my makeup is from there and I always end up spending close to 300 if I go in the store. So I ALWAYS shop online when I run out of things I need. I know bad things happen when I go in there!

Best thing I ate was my CLean eating Frozen Strawberry Pie! Featured on my blog today, yay! Best place I went was my G-Mama’s, I love going there with my pup!
    Best laugh was at my sisters house yesterday celebrating her hubbys bday!
    Katie @ Skinny Minnie Moves recently posted..Bringing SexyBack With a Suit and Tie

Sounds like a perfecto weekend! I love having brunch/breakfast with friends.. it’s the best way to catch up! I’m pretty sure makeup/toiletries running out at the same time is a common female problem hahaha.. same thing happens to me!

On another note, the best thing I ate this weekend was a butter chicken pizza made by yours truly ;)
    Ashley @ Sweat forSweets recently posted..the best soup you’ve ever had

My boyfriend and I went to an Indonesian restaurant that is relatively new and really close to my home. It was also our first time having Indonesian cuisine, so that was nice.
    Hey! Did you get a little postcard for the free Sephora birthday gift? I think you get it if you’re a beauty insider (and if I remember correctly, your birthday is close to mine, at the end of this month).
    michelle kim recently posted..Unplanned

They’ll make you anything they have at Starbucks. They just don’t take up the menu real estate with iced drinks in the winter. I drink decaf always (not for any other reason besides caffeine makes me feel crazy!!) and sometimes you just want that latte iced! Ask for it- they’ll make it.

The other thing I’ve found with ordering decaf lattes: since people don’t order them all that much, they don’t use that machine as often and sometimes it can be bitter- they pull the shot too fast. Don’t be afraid to send it back!
    Amanda B. recently posted..PPNF Launch!

I picked up the new CHO bites this weekend too! They finally showed up in the grocery stores and I’ve been dying to try them. I bought the coffee with chocolate and also the raspberry with chocolate – both are delicious! Can’t wait to try the rest :)
    Send me a cookie?! Pretty please??? ;)
    Kim @ The Family Practice Blog recently posted..Weekend Recap

I’m with everyone else on the Starbucks debate, I think that is so weird and have never heard that before. The best thing I ate this weekend…hmmm.. I am in serious need of a grocery run but last night the hubs made a pork tenderloin that was super good. It surprised me because I’m not really a pork person.
    Angela recently posted..Where We Belong