One Odd Duck

Guess who was up ‘n’ at ’em nice and early this morning??

Oh yes…early morning workout (this one) attempted and completed all before 6:30am. That’s two mornings in a row, baby!

And actually, I think Cody’s enjoying the routine just as much as I am.

Without fail, every time I finish up on the treadmill, Codeman is there within seconds. He hops on, lays down, and starts kneading the air with his cute little paws.

My guy cracks me UP.

*****

Last Night’s Dinner

So you may have already seen this one if you follow me on Instagram, but last night’s dinner was good. REAL good.

A couple of weeks ago, I got my latest issue of Cooking Light magazine in the mail, and this issue has some particularly delicious looking recipes in it. One of the ones that I ripped out to try was the Creamy, Light Potato Soup and last night was the night. I followed the recipe almost exactly, with the only substitutions being 1% milk instead of the 2% (all we had) and plain Chobani for the fromage blanc.

I was worried about the soup being bland, but we both decided that it actually had really great flavor. I think the only thing I would change next time is to not pulse all of the potatoes in the blender. They chopped up pretty quickly, and we were left with very few potato chunks (one of my favorite parts). It’s also a bit more time consuming than I’m used to (about an hour) so I might try to do a little prep-work beforehand.

We both topped our soup bowls with some fresh cooked turkey bacon, cheddar cheese, and green onions. Yummmm.

*****

Because I was so hungry when I got home, I immediately got working on cooking and never got a chance to open up the package that had been waiting for me…my new shoes arrived!

I purchased two pairs (which were BOGO!) last weekend when I first told you guys about how I had discovered Sole Society (<– heads up, referral link!). I’m always a little leary about purchasing shoes online, just because you never know how they’ll fit, but I am extremely pleased to say that both of these fit great.

Loving the sparkle and shine on these sandals (perfect for Mexico…only about 5 weeks away!).

And these pumps are perrrrfect. So far, they seem to be pretty comfy too, after doing a couple of test walks around the house. Of course, only a full day in them will tell, but I have high hopes. I just really wish they had still had them in red in my size. They would be SUPER cute, right?

I just love shoes. :)

*****

So, of course, since dinner was a bit on the light side last night (we didn’t even have any bread to go with the soup – oh, the horror!), I was undoubtedly hungry a couple of hours later. So as I settled in to get my weekly fix of The Bachelor, I wound up snacking on some TJ’s cat cookies with peanut butter, along with a couple of cookies.

So, speaking of The Bachelor…anyone have any thoughts?

I’m still loving Kacie B. and I also reeeeally liked Desiree after her one-on-one date; she was just too cute and seemed really down to earth. But really, what is UP with Amanda?

I mean, that girl was one odd duck. But she was also making me laugh, so I’ll just keep enjoying the crazy entertainment.

Happy Tuesday, friends! Hope it’s a great one! :)

Comments

Um, can you say craaaazzzy? Where I’m from, people would say “bless her heart!”. Amanda is definitely not winning any viewer votes, ha! Love reading your blog, as always :)
    Becky recently posted..veggie heaven.

2. Amanda says

Love your nail polish! Also, love Des for Sean! I have a feeling he doesn’t pick her though 😉 They ALWAYS go for the wrong one.

Those shoes are so cute! I’ve never heard of that brand. I’m terrible at shoe shopping, so I continue to own about 3 pairs of shoes. I don’t watch the bachelor but I kind of want to. Instead I was watching The Carrie Diaries last night. So good.
    Sarah @PickyRunner recently posted..Reach Out. Ask.

I haven’t watched bachelor yet! Ill get on that!
    Cody is the funniest cat I have ever seen! haha!
    Yay your getting some energy back! When I was pregnant with the twins I always had better days when I started the day with a workout!
    have a good day!
    xoxo
    Candice recently posted..Apple Cinnamon Chocolate Bites

That soup looks great! Oh the drama of Bachelor that I keep getting lured into season after season…I am still a huge Kacie B. fan as well. I really like Leslie too. She seems very real, non-dramatic, and in it for the right reason: to fine love. Awwwww…We shall we though! Let the drama unfold.
    Melanie recently posted..Shrimp Pineapple Ceviche

Amanda??? Um, there is something going on with that girl. I’m all for looking how ever you want to look, but she definitely didn’t have the “sexy bachelorette” look going last night. What’s her deal? This show is so entertaining! I LOVe Tierra, she makes me laugh! But I think he needs to be with Kacie. They have a connection that none of the others do. Can’t wait for next week’s episode!
    Avery @ Southern Belle Living Well recently posted..That Oil Went Where…?

7. Whitney says

I am loving the Bachelor already. I have read the spoilers and will be very shocked if that’s the way it shakes out. Does your husband watch it with you? Mine refuses! haha

8. Mallory says

I LOVE DES. So cute! They seem too good to be true together, which is probably right. There’s still lots of time for the crazy to unleash. Kacie B annoys me so much. She reeks of desperation! Ugh

I’m on a commenting spree today ..lol.. i have like 3 things to say about this post..

My cat does the same thing – kneads his paws, on everything! It’s so cute though.

I ordered 3 pairs of shoes from Sole Society with their buy one get one free offer, plus a $20 off code from another website so I got all 3 for $80!

Lastly, I totally agree with you on Amanda – so weird, but hilarious at the same time!? It seems like it was staged lol
    Jillian @ Sprinkle Massacre recently posted..Lap Partner

Potato chunks are my absolute favorite in soups as well – no idea why that stood out to me so much, but apparently I’ve got food on the brain this morning 😉 And great job with knocking off another morning workout! I decided to get a little bit more rest this morning, so it looks like an afternoon/evening workout is in the cards for today.
    Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted... a case of the mondays .

11. Sarah says

I thought the change in Amanda’s personality when Sean pulled her aside was hilarious; like night and day! Desiree is cute and seems normal. Hope she lasts! That soup looks like a great winter comfort meal.

You are doing a great job of getting your workouts in early. I am jealous of your motivation! 😉

That baked potato soup looks delicious. And you are right. The chunky potato pieces are one of the best parts of baked potato soup. I really need to look into reading Cooking Light magazine, as I have seen several people mention it on the blogs lately.

I am an avid Bachelor watcher. I agree that Desiree seems great so far. I also really like Sara(h)?? (not sure how to spell her name). And Amanda…wow, she needs to go. But it seems like there is always at least one “crazy” that sticks around for awhile ;).
    Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl recently posted..“Little Smokies” Vegetarian Meatballs

13. Jamie says

My cat does the same thing! As soon as I step off, there she is ready to take my place. Maybe because it’s warm?

Is Codie hoping to get his own workout in? Maybe we should tell him the treadmill has to be ON? 😉

Anyway, I really liked Leslie last night too. With that whole “kiss” thing, at first I thought she was going to end up going nutty but I thought she ultimately pulled it off and it ended up being a really cute moment.
    Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..Trust Tuesday

15. Jen N. says

One of my cats immediately jumps on the treadmill the minute I get off too. She’s not as cute about it as Cody though :)

• Courtney says

Hahaha…I was saying that to Jay last night! I was like, ummm, are these girls really all younger than me? Because they really don’t look it!

16. Lindsey says

Your soup looks amazing, I cook a cooking light potato soup recipe every year for a super bowl party and it always turns out really yummy and super chunky (also my favorite part) give it a try next time. It’s super simple and other than baking the potatoes, it doesn’t take anywhere near an hour!