High Intensity Interval Circuit

by Courtney on January 16, 2013

You guys ready to get sweaty?

Well I sure hope so, because I’ve got a pretty killer circuit workout for you all today!

high intensity interval circuit1

This particular workout is very similar to one that I enjoyed giving to a few of my training clients. It combines a whole mix of stuff, including plenty of core stability exercises, which are some of the most important of all.

The only equipment you’ll need is a set of dumbbells, which will only be used for the first exercise; other than that, you’re just using your bodyweight. I hope you guys have fun with this one!

Oh, and always, here’s some photos to demonstrate each of the exercises. Winking smile

Squat w/ Dumbbell Press                                Elbow Plank

Wall Sit                               Side Plank with Leg Raise

Alternating Lunges                                        Swimmers

Squat with Front Kick                              Flutter Kicks

Squat Thrusts                                       Lateral Hops

1 Joanne @A Nicer Choice January 16, 2013 at 2:07 pm

This looks like a really good workout, I’m going to have to give it a go ASAP!

2 Lisa January 16, 2013 at 2:08 pm

This looks like a good one! I love any type of workouts I can easily do at home, since that’s where most of my workouts occur!
Lisa recently posted..what I ate wednesday

3 Michelle@Peachy Palate January 16, 2013 at 2:09 pm

Great workout, some of my favourite exercises in there!
Michelle@Peachy Palate recently posted..A very special Wednesday

4 Jessica @ Prayers and Apples January 16, 2013 at 2:15 pm

damnnn girl, that looks good! :) already have a small circuit planned for tomorrow, but i’m going to add 2 rounds of this wkout to it! thx for posting! :)
Jessica @ Prayers and Apples recently posted..Foods That Increase Energy: A Look at Magnesium

5 My Neon Running Shoes January 16, 2013 at 2:24 pm

Great workout! I’ve been meaning to mix in some circuit workouts with running!
My Neon Running Shoes recently posted..Listing the Eating Disorder lies.

6 Katie @ running4cupcakes January 16, 2013 at 2:30 pm

Looks awesome! Thanks Courtney!
Katie @ running4cupcakes recently posted..Weekend Update: 1/13/13

7 Fizz @fizzsbizz January 16, 2013 at 3:54 pm

Oooooo good one! I love/hate a good wall sit session!
Fizz @fizzsbizz recently posted..Holiday Flip!

8 Lindsay January 16, 2013 at 4:09 pm

I like this! I may have to add it on after a run or bike ride this week :D
Lindsay recently posted..my nightmares made me do it.

9 Kerry @ Totes My Oats January 16, 2013 at 4:46 pm

This is an awesome circuit! It involves so many of my favorite exercises.
Kerry @ Totes My Oats recently posted..WIAW: Bread Lovin’

10 michelle kim January 16, 2013 at 4:52 pm

I love that it incorporates a lot of full-body movements, some plyo, some strength… sounds like a perfect workout to do at home!
michelle kim recently posted..Two-A-Day

11 Brooke @ Running In Heels January 16, 2013 at 5:05 pm

This looks challenging! I will definitely give it a try!!
Brooke @ Running In Heels recently posted..Mexico Day 1 Recap

12 Avery @ Southern Belle Living Well January 16, 2013 at 5:54 pm

I like the challege in this, but also how quick it seems! (yay, Tabata-style!) I am curious to how this affects your pregnancy, especially the Squat Thrusts. Are some exercises more difficult than others?
Avery @ Southern Belle Living Well recently posted..Dinner and a Show

13 Kristen @ notsodomesticated January 16, 2013 at 7:07 pm

This made me tired just scrolling through it! Haha! ;)
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..Bourbon Street Chicken

14 Tracey January 16, 2013 at 7:30 pm

I love this workout! I can definitely do this in my dorm room :)

15 Katie @ Skinny Minnie Moves January 16, 2013 at 8:22 pm

Love planks! Best for the abs
Katie @ Skinny Minnie Moves recently posted..This Body Requires Food!

16 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles January 16, 2013 at 8:36 pm

Definitely saving this for the next time I want to workout but can’t make it to the gym!
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..WIAW: London Food and Wine Show.

17 Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl January 16, 2013 at 8:55 pm

This certainly looks intense. I love how this proves that you can totally get a great workout in from your home. Thanks for sharing :).
Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl recently posted..Sweet and Savory Wafflewich

18 Madison January 16, 2013 at 10:06 pm

Awesome workout and seems like fun, sweaty, and quick (all good things in my book). :)
Madison recently posted..Tone-It-Up Tuesday: Shoulder Style

19 Kelly @ Femme Fitale January 17, 2013 at 12:12 am

Good one! Squat Thrusts (or even Burpees) make everything better….or worse. Depends on how you look at it! haha
My fitness participants temporarily hated me whenever they heard either one of those words.
Kelly @ Femme Fitale recently posted..Gratitude, Proper Form, and Sweating Pink

20 Claire @Flake and Cake January 17, 2013 at 5:50 am

This looks like such a killer workout Courtney, will try it at the gym this weekend :)
Claire @Flake and Cake recently posted..I Tried: British Military Fitness

21 Meghan @ After the Ivy League January 17, 2013 at 9:16 am

Looks like a great workout! I love that you always include pictures too…sometimes I think I remember what a move is called, and once I scroll down and see the picture I can confirm it. Super helpful!
Meghan @ After the Ivy League recently posted..Cute Shoes, Core Workouts, and Cake

22 Laurie @ Love, Laugh, Laurie January 17, 2013 at 9:22 am

This looks awesome, and I am definitely doing it!! Thanks!
Laurie @ Love, Laugh, Laurie recently posted..Liebster Award: Some Facts About Me

23 Jamie January 17, 2013 at 11:02 am

Your Swimmers excercise image did not display. Can I assume that another name for that excercise is Superman? Thanks!

24 Courtney January 17, 2013 at 11:11 am

Yes, pretty much! Same position, just doing the motion that you’re swimming by kicking legs and arms overhead

25 Jamie January 17, 2013 at 12:22 pm

Thanks for the clarification, greatly appreciate it. Can’t wait to try this circuit this weekend!!

26 Kathleen January 17, 2013 at 11:30 am

Great workouts … but you can’t fool me … those squat thrusts are burpees in disguise … my nemesis in exercise workouts :) Thanks for sharing this and I can’t wait to give it a try after work today!!

27 Bek @ Crave January 18, 2013 at 12:12 am

When I saw it I was like :O isn’t she suppose to not do high intensity when pregnant haha! But then I read it was for your clients :P Looks like a killer!
Bek @ Crave recently posted..My Food Fears

28 Emily @ Hungry Delights January 19, 2013 at 9:27 pm

Looks like so much fun! I will be sure to try this out on my next cardio day!
Emily @ Hungry Delights recently posted..WIAW – Surviving the flu

29 mcm バックパック August 6, 2013 at 11:59 pm

louis vuitton antico

30 Personal Trainer Training Glendale November 13, 2013 at 6:06 pm

Circuit training is the best way to go especially if you have a personal trainer or friend to push you.