Lovely Friday Evening In

Well last night was just a lovely Friday evening in.

When I left work at 5 yesterday evening, I made a quick pit stop and grabbed some dinner for Jay and I to have at home.

Gotta love some Moe’s, right? Winking smile

No other photos of dinner, but I did get a chicken burrito bowl which looked exactly like this one and also wound up getting a soda from our absolute favorite soda machine.

Hey, FYI: Did you guys know that a burrito bowl is actually cheaper AND gives you more food than ordering a burrito as a streaker? I didn’t realize this but the guy taking my order gave me the heads up on it. I don’t like a ton of rice so I only asked for one scoop, but the bowl was so big I couldn’t even finish it. Hello, leftovers today!

While we ate dinner, we caught up on the rest of our DVR’d shows from the week and also watched “Trouble With the Curve,” which we rented from Redbox. It was a super cute movie, but then again, I’ve always been a fan of sports movies.

Before getting into the movie though, I decided to whip up a quick batch of Gracie’s cake batter blondies for dessert.

Ohh mannnnn. These things are like crack. Seriously If you’ve never made them, you MUST try them. Or, you could always try my version of the white chocolate peanut butter cake batter bars. Both are ridiculously good.

*****

After catching up on some sleep this morning (ohh, it felt great) it didn’t take long before I was ready for breakfast. I actually found myself gravitating towards a simple bowl of cereal but decided to save that for the work week and go for something I don’t typically give myself the time to make.

At first, I almost went with an omelet, but oatmeal ultimately won me over.

I used my Mixed Berry French Toast Oatmeal recipe, but only used blueberries and also added half of a mashed banana into the mix.

Then I topped it all off with a biiiiiig ol’ scoop of chunky peanut butter.

This bowl was huge, filling, and totally hit the spot.

I’m not really sure what the rest of my plans for today will include…I have a few things that need to get done over the weekend, but we’ll have to see whether they happen today or tomorrow. A couple definite items on today’s agenda include a workout, food, and a Jack & Jill inspired baby shower tonight for one of my best pals. Should be fun!

What’s happening with YOU on this lovely Saturday? Smile

Comments

I thought Trouble with the Curve was cute too. Like you said, I love sports movies though! Have you ever seen the show Friday Night Lights? It’s all over now, but we watched it on Netflix awhile back and I absolutely loved it. If you like sports movies, I’m sure you would like it too!

Not much is happening over here today! I plan to get in a workout, do some blog stuff, and then we have a double date tonight.
    Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries recently posted..Beating the Winter Blahs

• Courtney says

Yes! That was a great show – I never watched it religiously, but I did catch it now and then. I really should sign up for Netflix… ;)

Gahhhh, those blondies look amazing. Cake batter anything is a winner in my book. Now I need to get invited to a party or something so I can make them. Me with the entire pan to myself would just spell trouble…
    I’m headed to the dentist this AM. Lovelyyyy.
    Angela @ Health’s Angel recently posted..[Current] Diet Staples

Those blondies look amazing! I’m more of a blondie girl than a brownie girl, which is kind of weird I guess. My parents just watched that movie and said it was quite good, I guess I should check it out. I sometimes love just spending those weekend nights lazy at home. It’s so cozy.
    Lisa recently posted..Currently – January

Blondies are alwasy my go to dessert, I just made some this week! Both of those options look delicious so I’ll have to give them a try.

Your Friday night sounded like my kind of night. It’s always nice when you don’t have to do anything to prepare for the next day and can enjoy relaxing :)
    Katie @ A Frizzy Life recently posted..Highlights of the Week

I had some plans to see a movie with my parents but I checked out pretty early this morning and I think an afternoon nap is on the agenda instead. I’ve already seen the movie so I’ll let them enjoy it as a date while I rest up and get back to my normal self.
    Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..Productive Days Off

I love baby showers, eeeek! And I don’t think I’ve ever heard of Moe’s! It must be an East Coast thang haha. It’s always fun to see the different chains that are found in different states. And I’m meeting one of my close friends tonight so I’m very excited about that, because girl time is just such a precious gift.

Well I just finished an 11 mile run in some really good weather. And just finished a green smoothie and lots of gluten free crackers…they were salty. I need salt!
    That bowl of oats looks divine. Maybe I should make some in the morning:)
    Audrey Adams recently posted..Fishy Recipe friday

That looks like a nice Friday night and Saturday morning! Mine has been laid back as well. Lance Armstrong interview for Friday night and a pregnancy-induced lazy Saturday!
    Ali recently posted..Friday Favorites

I LOVE burrito bowls! This is the first time that I have heard of Moe’s Southwest Grill, but now you have got me curious as to whether or not there is one located in my area. I will definitely be checking that out.

I saw The Trouble with the Curve in the theaters and absolutely loved it. I also really enjoy sports-themed movies and I thought it was really cute…very inspiring too. Plus, I love seeing a powerful woman highlighted in a movie.
    Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl recently posted..Veggie Stuffed Mushrooms

Yummerssss–I am looking for a sweet recipe to bake this week. Just may be those blondies! This Saturday I layed around allll day and then hung out with friends (while eating pizza). Needless to say: I want to be just a little more active today. :)
    Madison recently posted..Survey on a Saturday