Lovely Friday Evening In

by Courtney on January 19, 2013

Well last night was just a lovely Friday evening in.

When I left work at 5 yesterday evening, I made a quick pit stop and grabbed some dinner for Jay and I to have at home.

Gotta love some Moe’s, right? Winking smile

No other photos of dinner, but I did get a chicken burrito bowl which looked exactly like this one and also wound up getting a soda from our absolute favorite soda machine.

Hey, FYI: Did you guys know that a burrito bowl is actually cheaper AND gives you more food than ordering a burrito as a streaker? I didn’t realize this but the guy taking my order gave me the heads up on it. I don’t like a ton of rice so I only asked for one scoop, but the bowl was so big I couldn’t even finish it. Hello, leftovers today!

While we ate dinner, we caught up on the rest of our DVR’d shows from the week and also watched “Trouble With the Curve,” which we rented from Redbox. It was a super cute movie, but then again, I’ve always been a fan of sports movies.

Before getting into the movie though, I decided to whip up a quick batch of Gracie’s cake batter blondies for dessert.

Ohh mannnnn. These things are like crack. Seriously If you’ve never made them, you MUST try them. Or, you could always try my version of the white chocolate peanut butter cake batter bars. Both are ridiculously good.

*****

After catching up on some sleep this morning (ohh, it felt great) it didn’t take long before I was ready for breakfast. I actually found myself gravitating towards a simple bowl of cereal but decided to save that for the work week and go for something I don’t typically give myself the time to make.

At first, I almost went with an omelet, but oatmeal ultimately won me over.

I used my Mixed Berry French Toast Oatmeal recipe, but only used blueberries and also added half of a mashed banana into the mix.

Then I topped it all off with a biiiiiig ol’ scoop of chunky peanut butter.

This bowl was huge, filling, and totally hit the spot.

I’m not really sure what the rest of my plans for today will include…I have a few things that need to get done over the weekend, but we’ll have to see whether they happen today or tomorrow. A couple definite items on today’s agenda include a workout, food, and a Jack & Jill inspired baby shower tonight for one of my best pals. Should be fun!

What’s happening with YOU on this lovely Saturday? Smile

1 Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries January 19, 2013 at 10:34 am

I thought Trouble with the Curve was cute too. Like you said, I love sports movies though! Have you ever seen the show Friday Night Lights? It’s all over now, but we watched it on Netflix awhile back and I absolutely loved it. If you like sports movies, I’m sure you would like it too!

Not much is happening over here today! I plan to get in a workout, do some blog stuff, and then we have a double date tonight.
Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries recently posted..Beating the Winter Blahs

2 Courtney January 19, 2013 at 10:36 am

Yes! That was a great show – I never watched it religiously, but I did catch it now and then. I really should sign up for Netflix… ;)

3 Angela @ Health's Angel January 19, 2013 at 10:37 am

Gahhhh, those blondies look amazing. Cake batter anything is a winner in my book. Now I need to get invited to a party or something so I can make them. Me with the entire pan to myself would just spell trouble…
I’m headed to the dentist this AM. Lovelyyyy.
Angela @ Health’s Angel recently posted..[Current] Diet Staples

4 Danielle @ Truffles n' Treadmills January 19, 2013 at 10:52 am

The first time I went to Moes I saw that machine and it is awesome! I don’t really drink pop but it was still fun to play around on haha
Danielle @ Truffles n’ Treadmills recently posted..Drawing a Blank

5 Katie @ running4cupcakes January 19, 2013 at 10:56 am

That soda machine sounds awesome!!! I just got home from teaching water aerobics, running errands this afternoon and hanging out!
Katie @ running4cupcakes recently posted..Body Pump Instructor Training

6 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake January 19, 2013 at 11:01 am

I love Gracie’s cake batter blondies… very yummy!

I started my Saturday with an 8 mile run and now I’m getting ready to do some cleaning!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..WIAW – Week 38

7 Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers January 19, 2013 at 11:11 am

Love Moe’s! We don’t have them in California, but when I was in PA, I had them there! Yummy! Have a great day!
Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers recently posted..Black Burgers Again / Weekly Recap

8 Lisa January 19, 2013 at 11:17 am

Those blondies look amazing! I’m more of a blondie girl than a brownie girl, which is kind of weird I guess. My parents just watched that movie and said it was quite good, I guess I should check it out. I sometimes love just spending those weekend nights lazy at home. It’s so cozy.
Lisa recently posted..Currently – January

9 Katie @ A Frizzy Life January 19, 2013 at 11:21 am

Blondies are alwasy my go to dessert, I just made some this week! Both of those options look delicious so I’ll have to give them a try.

Your Friday night sounded like my kind of night. It’s always nice when you don’t have to do anything to prepare for the next day and can enjoy relaxing :)
Katie @ A Frizzy Life recently posted..Highlights of the Week

10 Elizabeth @ My Neon Running Shoes January 19, 2013 at 11:26 am

Sounds like a great Friday! We are off to a wedding! The first one where my son can walk so I’m excited for him to try out the dance floor :-)
Elizabeth @ My Neon Running Shoes recently posted..Running retreat in St. George!

11 Melanie January 19, 2013 at 11:38 am

Those bars look incredibly addicting! Not too many plans on my agenda today which I am thrilled about. I’m hoping to get a workout in, take down Christmas lights, and maybe take the car in for a tune up. Otherwise, the plan is to RELAX!
Melanie recently posted..Birthday Bash at Comedy Sports

12 Sara @ fitcupcaker January 19, 2013 at 11:49 am

I hit up some crossfit this morning and now I have to clean my house for my wildtree party tomorrow, boring! Its got to be done though!
Sara @ fitcupcaker recently posted..Better Than Store Bought Humus

13 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More January 19, 2013 at 12:09 pm

I had some plans to see a movie with my parents but I checked out pretty early this morning and I think an afternoon nap is on the agenda instead. I’ve already seen the movie so I’ll let them enjoy it as a date while I rest up and get back to my normal self.
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..Productive Days Off

14 Sarah @PickyRunner January 19, 2013 at 12:10 pm

My mom made us cake batter blondies last night. Oh my gosh I think I ate about 6 of them. They are SO GOOD. Your friday evening looks very similar to mine. Nice and quiet :)
Sarah @PickyRunner recently posted..It’s only four months…

15 Kristen @ notsodomesticated January 19, 2013 at 12:26 pm

I’ve made those cake batter blondies before, and they really are delicious. I even accidently overbaked mine (it was my first time baking in a new oven, and evidently the oven ran hot!), and they were STILL amazing!
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..Bourbon Street Chicken

16 Avery @ Southern Belle Living Well January 19, 2013 at 12:38 pm

I love a good ol’ Friday in as well :) Today, however, I have plans to attend a wedding this evening. So excited!
Avery @ Southern Belle Living Well recently posted..Plastic Bag Photography + Outfit

17 Julie January 19, 2013 at 12:41 pm

What a lovely Friday night! Hope the baby shower is fun – can’t wait to hear about it!
Julie recently posted..Crazy Stupid Love

18 Ellie@Fit for the Soul January 19, 2013 at 1:09 pm

I love baby showers, eeeek! And I don’t think I’ve ever heard of Moe’s! It must be an East Coast thang haha. It’s always fun to see the different chains that are found in different states. And I’m meeting one of my close friends tonight so I’m very excited about that, because girl time is just such a precious gift.

19 Audrey Adams January 19, 2013 at 1:46 pm

Well I just finished an 11 mile run in some really good weather. And just finished a green smoothie and lots of gluten free crackers…they were salty. I need salt!
That bowl of oats looks divine. Maybe I should make some in the morning:)
Audrey Adams recently posted..Fishy Recipe friday

20 Angela January 19, 2013 at 1:53 pm

I love showers! Have funnnn! I will be working today, unfortunately. :(
Angela recently posted..Throwback Thursday {take two}

21 Kim@hungryhealthygirl January 19, 2013 at 2:03 pm

Those are my favorite kind of oats! I’m sure you’ll have a great day…baby showers are always fun!
Kim@hungryhealthygirl recently posted..decisions, decisions

22 Danica @ It's Progression January 19, 2013 at 2:06 pm

I’ve never heard of that theme for a baby shower…cute!
Danica @ It’s Progression recently posted..Friday.

23 Cait @ Beyond Bananas January 19, 2013 at 2:33 pm

Those cake batter blondies are delicious! Enjoy the baby shower – I bet it;ll get you even more excited for everything that is coming!
Cait @ Beyond Bananas recently posted..iPhone Photo Dump

24 Michelle@Peachy Palate January 19, 2013 at 2:53 pm

Worked today in my local wholefood restaurant, great fun but tired now! Sitting down to dinner and catching up my favourite blogs for the evening before an earlyish night! Oats looks gorgeous!
Michelle@Peachy Palate recently posted..Some tempeh with your tempeh

25 michelle kim January 19, 2013 at 3:14 pm

I’ll be hanging out in Lake Tahoe. Tomorrow, I’ll be snow-shoeing for the first time! I’m so excited :D
Have a good rest of the weekend!
michelle kim recently posted..Freezing Tahoe 5K

26 Chelsea @ Cardio and Cocktails January 19, 2013 at 5:56 pm

It’s beautiful out today so I think we’re going to be hitting up a rooftop bar but it’ll be virgin margaritas for me! That’s the beauty of Colorado- it was 7 degrees last Saturday and today it’s over 60!
Chelsea @ Cardio and Cocktails recently posted..The Return of Watermelon

27 Ali January 19, 2013 at 6:22 pm

That looks like a nice Friday night and Saturday morning! Mine has been laid back as well. Lance Armstrong interview for Friday night and a pregnancy-induced lazy Saturday!
Ali recently posted..Friday Favorites

28 Brittany @ DulceVie January 19, 2013 at 7:03 pm

Those blondies look amazing!
Brittany @ DulceVie recently posted..Friday Faves: Hair Edition

29 Katie @ Skinny Minnie Moves January 19, 2013 at 7:09 pm

I had a big thing of oatmeal too! My saturday was lazy and just caught up on sleep! Time to cook some clean new recipes :)
Katie @ Skinny Minnie Moves recently posted..I’m Sorry That Food Isn’t Clean

30 Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl January 19, 2013 at 8:51 pm

I LOVE burrito bowls! This is the first time that I have heard of Moe’s Southwest Grill, but now you have got me curious as to whether or not there is one located in my area. I will definitely be checking that out.

I saw The Trouble with the Curve in the theaters and absolutely loved it. I also really enjoy sports-themed movies and I thought it was really cute…very inspiring too. Plus, I love seeing a powerful woman highlighted in a movie.
Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl recently posted..Veggie Stuffed Mushrooms

31 Emily @ Hungry Delights January 19, 2013 at 9:32 pm

Your french toast oatmeal looks really delicious! I reckon I would be full after eating a big bowl like that – definately going to be a future breakfast for me :)
Emily @ Hungry Delights recently posted..WIAW – Surviving the flu

32 Cait's Plate January 19, 2013 at 10:10 pm

Oh my gosh – those cake batter blondies look INSANELY good!!
Cait’s Plate recently posted..{roasted brussel sprout & chicken sausage pasta}

33 Chelsea @ LittleOneRuns January 20, 2013 at 8:31 am

omg that bake looks amazing!! never thought of that flavor combo before. just relaxing and trying to get some much needed sleep :)
Chelsea @ LittleOneRuns recently posted..Just A Little Fun

34 Madison January 20, 2013 at 8:53 am

Yummerssss–I am looking for a sweet recipe to bake this week. Just may be those blondies! This Saturday I layed around allll day and then hung out with friends (while eating pizza). Needless to say: I want to be just a little more active today. :)
Madison recently posted..Survey on a Saturday

35 Cassie @ RedLetterDaye January 20, 2013 at 5:42 pm

I made those cake batter blondies today for Sunday FUnday. So good! Thanks for the idea.
Cassie @ RedLetterDaye recently posted..turning fears into faves

36 Gracie January 21, 2013 at 11:34 am

I always love when people make Cake Batter Blondies, but especially when they’re helping feed a bun in the oven ;) Glad they hit the spot! xoxo
Gracie recently posted..mprint jewelry giveaway.