Baby Tooth: 14 Weeks

by Courtney on January 21, 2013

And just like that, we’re in to a new week!

14 weeks

Baby Tooth is just over 14 weeks today and is about the size of a lemon.

Here’s what else Baby Tooth has been up to this week:

• He/she weighs about 1-1/2 ounces.
  • He/she is busy with thumb sucking, toe wiggling, punching, and kicking (although I can’t feel it yet).
  • Lanugo (thin, downy hair) is growing all over his/her body for warmth.
  • He/she’s liver starts making bile this week — a sign that it’s doing its job right — and the spleen starts helping in the production of red blood cells.

And here’s what’s been happening with me this past week:

Weight gained: Didn’t check this week…had no desire to know. Winking smile

Workouts: I got four days in this past week(!) including two treadmill workouts, two strength workouts, and three sessions doing my 10lb. Slimdown DVD (upper body twice and full body once).

Symptoms: Round ligament pains for sure. They come and go and really only last a second, but it legit feels like somebody is just taking all of my abdominal muscles and stretching them out like a resistance band. The girls are still a bit sore, but it seems to be subsiding a bit. My face has also broken out with about 8 lovely zits this week.

Food Aversions: Nada

Food Cravings: Again, I’m still pretty equal opportunity in the food department. My biggest cravings have been in the form of sweets (at least twice this week during work I could not get my brain off of doughnuts), but I feel like most of my eating/meals have been pretty normal to what they usually are. Lots of yogurt bowls, carbs (still loving them like woah), cooked veggies, and peanut butter.

Sleep: Good! Except for having to get up to pee at least once or twice a night, sleep is good. I’m actually hoping to get more of it this week by getting to bed early.

Fun & Weird Stuff From the Week: I swear, some days my belly is bigger than others. Does that sound crazy? Is that normal? Earlier in the week, I mentioned that it seemed like the belly grew overnight. This photo was taken on Wednesday (and I was a bit surprised by the reflection in the mirror, in case you couldn’t tell by my corny face).

But comparing it to Sunday, I swear it looks bigger, no?

14 weeks1

Ehh, I don’t know. Maybe I’m just going crazy. Winking smile

Baby Items Purchased: Well, I guess they’re technically for me in preparation for the baby, but I did make a few purchases on Amazon this week…

baby purchases

Three new workout DVD’s (which were all super cheap, between $6-14 each) and a Baby Bargains book which I’ve had numerous people recommend to me.

I’ve also been doing a ton of “window shopping” online and have been updating my Pinterest boards with some new ideas…

pinterest

I’m pretty sure we’ve agreed on the style of furniture we like! I’ll tell ya, it doesn’t get much easier than this with me and Jay. So far, we’re still in agreement on just about everything.

Looking Forward To: Getting and trying out my new workout DVD’s and continuing to see the belly grow! Smile

Question for this week:

For the moms out there…are there any websites/books/brands of anything that you swear by?

1 Claire @Flake and Cake January 21, 2013 at 7:04 am

Courtney I love seeing these posts so much, you are literally blooming! Great to get the work outs in too, looks like you have quite the selection to choose from, which is great. Your bump is adorable, even if it is growing (more than expected) overnight!
Claire @Flake and Cake recently posted..Six for Sunday

2 Michelle@Peachy Palate January 21, 2013 at 7:09 am

It does look bigger! But I guess it just depends on positioning on the day; also the black outfit would make the bump look smaller I’m sure! :)
Michelle@Peachy Palate recently posted..Top Vegan Cupboard Staples

3 Nicole January 21, 2013 at 7:15 am

I am 6 months today, and my bump has finally arrived! My bump would be there one day and disappear the next! You are not crazy,,,it happens! You look so cute! Enjoy it! It goes so quick!

4 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles January 21, 2013 at 7:22 am

It does look a little bit bigger in the first picture, but maybe it’s the black outfit?
Either way, you are adorable and I’m glad it’s going so well!
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..Clothes to Sweat In.

5 Kristen @ notsodomesticated January 21, 2013 at 7:29 am

The Baby Bargains book helped me. :) And I would also recommend that when you go to register, you might want to start the registry online before going in the store. That way, you can look at reviews of products online before registering for them. I think if you go into the store and start looking around, it can be overwhelming because you don’t know which product is best. Of course, if you take the Baby Bargains book with you, that could also help steer you in the right direction! :)

You look beautiful! So happy for you!
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..29 Weeks: Evidently my energy left with my second trimester.

6 Annie January 21, 2013 at 8:23 am

Courtney you look adorable! And I sort of agree – the gray shirt makes you look like you have a bigger bump…maybe it’s the shirt?! Love these posts!

7 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey January 21, 2013 at 8:45 am

lol at the doughnut comment – you made sure to tell me all about your doughnut craving one day!! Aaaaand I think I’m going to go get one of those drinks today!!
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..scenes from the weekend

8 Courtney January 21, 2013 at 1:09 pm

I’m so glad to see you kept up with that statement! ;)

9 Julie January 21, 2013 at 8:49 am
10 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake January 21, 2013 at 8:54 am

Love reading these updates… time is flying! Before you know it, it’ll be July! :-)
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..Meal Plan: 1/21-1/26

11 Joanne @A Nicer Choice January 21, 2013 at 8:57 am

Pregnancy really suits you… you’re glowing!

I loved The Happiest Baby On The Block by Dr Harvey Karp. I just wish I’d discovered it with my first baby instead of my third lol

12 Courtney January 21, 2013 at 1:09 pm

Aww, that’s so sweet of you to say! :)

13 My Neon Running Shoes January 21, 2013 at 9:04 am

I think it can depend on the baby’s position (not sure if it’s applicable this early, but maybe?) and also what you’re wearing, what you’ve eaten, etc. Either way he/she seems to be growing perfectly in there! So excited for you!
My Neon Running Shoes recently posted..Please don’t think I am homeless.

14 Tara | Treble in the Kitchen January 21, 2013 at 9:15 am

I noticed all of your baby pins on Pinterest and they are all so cute!! :) It made me want to start a baby board…although I don’t think I will be having kids for quite sometime ;)
Tara | Treble in the Kitchen recently posted..Our First Registering Experience

15 Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries January 21, 2013 at 9:24 am

I definitely feel like my bump is bigger some days than others… I think it depends on what I eat and what I’m wearing. ;)
Some books & websites that have been helpful for me so far: “What to Expect When You’re Expecting”; BabyCenter.com; TheBump.com; reading lots of mommy/pregnancy blogs; and I’m currently reading “The Happiest Baby on the Block” which I’ve really been enjoying.
You look great Court! I am loving your little bump! :)
Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries recently posted..Meal Plan for the Week

16 Casey January 21, 2013 at 9:27 am

I have that glider for my son and I. I love it! We’ve spent lots of time there rocking and breastfeeding. You will spend the first several weeks feeding that baby nonstop. You’ll definitely want a comfortable place to sit. If you’re breastfeeding, you’ll also feel like that’s all you ever do. :p

17 Courtney January 21, 2013 at 1:10 pm

I’ve had a few people say they have that glider – glad to be getting such great reviews on it! :)

18 Molly Petsch January 21, 2013 at 9:43 am

For what it’s worth, I have a couple of suggestions (my munchkin turned 4 months yesterday!)… We have that glider- amazing! I just wish it reclined for the nights where you end up holding your baby! So something that reclines is highly suggested! And swaddle that little baby right from the start- you’ll all sleep better. Halo makes amazing swaddles with the velcro built right in so it’s foolproof! The Miracle Blanket is also awesome .

19 Courtney January 21, 2013 at 1:11 pm

Thanks for the tips!!

20 Jana @ Happy Wife Healthy Life January 21, 2013 at 9:48 am

You are just the cutest thing! I definitely think your bump has ‘popped’ a little more this week! :) I am not a momma, but Old Navy and Target both have some seriously cute (and affordable!) maternity clothes. Etsy has some cute nursery and baby wear stuff too!
Jana @ Happy Wife Healthy Life recently posted..New Website!

21 Leah January 21, 2013 at 9:52 am

I love the grey sweater Courtney! Where is that from?

22 Courtney January 21, 2013 at 1:11 pm

Thanks! It’s actually a motherhood maternity sweater :)

23 Kristy @ Kristy's Health Revolution January 21, 2013 at 9:57 am

I’m not even pregnant and my belly is bigger some days than it is others! Haha!
Kristy @ Kristy’s Health Revolution recently posted..The Facts of Running

24 Audrey Adams January 21, 2013 at 10:13 am

Love the weekly updates on Baby Tooth! Its really interesting to see you’re cravings and workouts and such!
Audrey Adams recently posted..Fishy Recipe friday

25 Lauren B. January 21, 2013 at 10:58 am

I have the pre/postnatal yoga DVD and loved it during my pregnancy. In fact, I still do the postnatal now when I want a more chill session. Hope u like it!

26 Katie @ running4cupcakes January 21, 2013 at 11:06 am

That baby bargain book is a great one! Also, put Happiest Baby on the Block video (they have a book too, but the video is nice because you can actually see the doctor do the moves) on your to – watch list in the first couple of days of being home with baby. It is all about how to calm a crying baby. They have it on Netflix too.
Katie @ running4cupcakes recently posted..Weekend Update: 1/20/13

27 Thais @ Eats n Miles January 21, 2013 at 11:22 am

You look great! Love your updates on Baby! Impressive getting 4 workouts in this week! Keep up the good work. When I was pregnant, I read What to Expect When you´re expecting and found it very useful!
Thais @ Eats n Miles recently posted..Nanny-less and LAST long run

28 katie Carso January 21, 2013 at 11:23 am

Looking good girl! I have those days where I swear my bump is bigger and then the next day it seems smaller! Sometimes I take pics though right after I eat, so that definitely makes it bigger, haha!

I have been pinning away too! I can’t wait to know gender so I can pin specific gender stuff!
katie Carso recently posted..Marvelous Date, New Froyo Flavor, and More!

29 Sabrina @Work It Ms Jackson January 21, 2013 at 11:42 am

You’re looking great!

One thing I did when I was pregnant was look around on Craigslist for baby items. Most of my big baby toys I bought were used and I save a TON of money. Babies grow out of items so quickly so it was hard for me to spend all this money on things they would only use for year, or sometimes a few months. For example, I bought an exersaucer (the one I registered for too!) for $40. It was originally $120 and the one I bought was in excellent shape. It looked brand new! The baby swing, $60, almost $150 at the store, and our high chair $10, which was $60 or $70 at the store. I was lucky with everything I got, in that I bought from fellow military families, who kept things in great condition and were trying to get rid of stuff to move. Take a look on craigslist and you may be able to find some fabulous deals!
Sabrina @Work It Ms Jackson recently posted..Savannah Bridge Run Race Recap

30 Jennifer January 21, 2013 at 12:04 pm

I would recommend book about baby sleeping – Baby Wise, Happiest Baby on the Block… Some of them are controversial. I took some of the advice from both of them and have a great sleeper (he’s 4 months). Healthytippingpoint.com also has some good posts about sleep training.

You look great! :)

31 Karen January 21, 2013 at 12:17 pm

OMG, you are so cute!! I got the first two DVDs that you ordered and they were both amazing. Did them almost every day with my cardio and threw in some weight training as well.
Karen recently posted..Hello, Monday

32 love jenny xoxo January 21, 2013 at 12:41 pm

Congrats!!! We are right at the same place, so exciting!!! Can’t wait to keep up with your blog and compare notes :) i added you to my rss feed

You are much better about working out than me… I need to get going on that! and I feel like my belly is way bigger at times, although it really doesn’t look that different.

XOXO
love jenny xoxo recently posted..Pregnancy Log – 14 weeks pregnant

33 kim@hungryhealthygirl January 21, 2013 at 12:45 pm

Your baby bump is so cute! I think your bump may look bigger due to what you’re wearing….just a thought. Two things that were musts for me a baby swing (I had a Graco) and a glider or rocker.

34 Ashlee January 21, 2013 at 1:06 pm

Aww there is a little bump there now! You look adorable!
Ashlee recently posted..Oh Sunday, How I Love You

35 Dorsa @ Running Thoughts January 21, 2013 at 1:21 pm

You should read, The happiest baby on the block, It’s a good read for understanding colic in babies :)
Dorsa @ Running Thoughts recently posted..Weekend

36 Angie January 21, 2013 at 1:35 pm

Hey!! I love your baby posts!! Just wanted you to know that it’s TOTALLY normal for your bump to look bigger some days and smaller others … I’m 9 months right now and feel the same way some days!!! lol

37 lindsay @ fuel my family January 21, 2013 at 3:24 pm

Babywise was a great book. It helped get my babies on a great schedule so we were all able to be more well rested. It made them more predictable (which is helpful when breastfeeding so you can actually get away for an hour or two in between feedings since you’ll know when they will want to eat next).
And you’re not crazy, pregnant bellys change massively day to day, it really is crazy! Baby positioning, bloating, clothing, etc play a huge role in the bump!
lindsay @ fuel my family recently posted..The End of a Baby Stage

38 Kara January 21, 2013 at 4:08 pm

I love seeing your bump! You look awesome! A couple books I read were obviously What to Expect when you’re expecting! And my all time favorite was Jenny McCarthy’s – Belly Laughs! It is funny and informative!

39 Annette@FitnessPerks January 21, 2013 at 4:23 pm

You look super cute in BOTH pictures! But yes, the gray sweater does make the bump seem bigger? Yay for a bump!
Annette@FitnessPerks recently posted..Simply Weekendesque

40 Avery @ Southern Belle Living Well January 21, 2013 at 6:09 pm

Black is supposedly “slimming”, so that may have been why you thought it looked smaller. Either way, you look adorable! It’s so exciting to follow your pregnancy journey!
Avery @ Southern Belle Living Well recently posted..Wedding Bells Will Ring

41 Lauren January 21, 2013 at 6:31 pm

the baby bargains book is wonderful! I am a month from my due date and it has seriously been my bible!

42 Katy January 21, 2013 at 9:13 pm

I love these posts! So exciting to watch the process. I also appreciate all the info. I feel like most mothers-to-be- brush over the nitty gritty of pregnancy and all the changes it can have on the body,
Katy recently posted..Roasted Chicken

43 Lauren January 21, 2013 at 10:06 pm

Happiest Baby on the Block and Baby 411 have been lifesavers for me with my 3 month old. My husband and I both read the Happiest Baby before our little guy arrived and Baby 411 sits on my nightstand as a reference for anything you could possibly want to know once your baby is here. I read too many books last year in preparation and the Happiest Baby on the Block was the only book I really got anything out it. It just made sense. It’s not really a sleep training book, but it does help you learn how to calm your baby easier and gives you the reasons why. It’s also a quick read so you may be able to convince Jay to skim through it :)
Also, my Ergo baby carrier is the one item I would recommend to anyone. I use it every single day, sometimes multiple times a day. I tried a few other carriers as well, but they all hurt my back. The ergo puts all the weight on your hips so you can walk forever and not feel like your back is killing you. You can also buy the newborn insert, which I highly recommend. My 3 month old still needs the insert to fit properly in it and it keeps him extra warm!

44 Bek @ Crave January 22, 2013 at 12:24 am

I don’t even have kids and won’t be for a while and for some reason I always look forward to these posts :)
Bek @ Crave recently posted..Red Velvet = The Colour of Valentine’s Day

45 Heather Mello January 22, 2013 at 6:22 am

Courtney, you look fantastic!! I’m guessing your belly looked bigger because of your shirt, and you were holding your hand on top of it…either way, your bump is adorable!! I would recommend not buying a ton of the blankets to swaddle with right away. We did, and Maggie HATED being swaddled, so we never used any of them! Also, Carter’s onsies! We got some Gerber ones too, but they run really small (and not very soft) in comparison. :)

46 Courtney January 22, 2013 at 7:34 am

Aww, thanks Heather!!! And, umm, I can’t believe your little cutie is already 9 months?!? Crazy how time flies! Hope you’re doing well! :)

47 Katy @ HaveYouHurd January 22, 2013 at 9:40 am

I’m the SAME WAY about my belly! I feel huge one day, then the next day I go to see my friends all excited to show off my belly and it’s barely there. I think that’s normal for this stage.
Katy @ HaveYouHurd recently posted..Weekly Update: Weeks 4-17

48 Rachel S. January 22, 2013 at 9:58 am

Such a cute little bump!. When you go to register take some one you trust with you that has a little one already. They can really help with the “Do I really need that?” questions so that you won’t get stuff that you won’t use.

49 Sarah January 22, 2013 at 10:24 am

Sooo excited for you!

Well, my babies aren’t babies anymore (they’re 7 and 9 now), but my absolute favourite baby helper was this thing called the Babywrapper.

It’s basically a cross between an apron and a towel. Sounds simple, but it’s genius. It let’s you have your hands free to lift the baby out of the bath. I loved it. Unfortunately, I think it’s a Canadian invention, and I’m not sure you can get it in the U.S! But, maybe there’s something similar there.

I also used my jolly jumper nursing/play pillow like crazy. I found it essential for nursing (I could prop my book on it so I could read while nursing – yay), and you could also use it to prop the baby up and give them support. LOVE LOVE LOVE.

In terms of books, I love(and still use) Dr. Spock’s baby book. It’s just a great, no-nonsense reference to have handy. I also liked The Baby Whisperer book. It gave me strategies to help with my sleep-resistant babies!

Can’t wait to see more pics! Keep ‘em coming!

50 Becky January 22, 2013 at 10:26 am

You look awesome! I remember waiting and waiting for the bump – it didn’t appear REALLY (to strangers) until I was almost 6 months along. Then, at the end – you can’t imagine life when you were smaller :)

I totally second the Craigslist recommendation. We got a barely used back-pack (Kelty – 1 year old) for $40 (compared to $200-300 new). I also got a used glider and recovered the cushions to match our room. It felt like new (and again, we saved probably $200!).

So exciting! I love the weekly updates!

51 Jaime D. January 22, 2013 at 4:28 pm

I’m 36 weeks pregnant with our first baby and that Baby Bargains book has been like a Bible to my husband and I! I’m so glad you bought that. I don’t know how we would have gotten through the registry process without it!

52 Emily @ Hungry Delights January 22, 2013 at 5:01 pm

I just love your baby updates! It is so much fun to watch the changes – I can’t wait to be doing this myself (in hopefully a few years time)
Emily @ Hungry Delights recently posted..WIAW – Surviving the flu

53 Carissa January 22, 2013 at 5:18 pm

I don’t know if this is quite what you were looking for advice-wise, but after having my first baby this August I am a big fan of Hypnobirthing – the Mongan Method. If you’re interested in a natural birth I would definitely check it out!
Carissa recently posted..Meal Plan – Jan 22

54 Sarah@makingthymeforhealth January 22, 2013 at 6:28 pm

You are so adorable! I hope I look as cute as you when I get pregnant. Only 6 weeks left to find out what colors you’ll be using!!
Sarah@makingthymeforhealth recently posted..Pomegranate Hibiscus Spritzers

55 Janice - Fitness Cheerleader January 23, 2013 at 10:46 pm

Congrats! I swear by baby wearing! Baby 1 liked the snugli, baby 2 liked the pouch sling, and baby 3 liked the moby wrap. Enjoy your pregnancy (and sleep) Cheers!
Janice – Fitness Cheerleader recently posted..Dear Content Writer, Why I won’t Accept Your Guest Post

56 Holly January 24, 2013 at 9:15 am

Court, Just a random thing.
I know you are going to get a TON of advice, etc. about being a Mom, raising your child, but just remember to TRUST your gut. it’s YOUR kid & YOU know what’s best.
Saying that, I just have ONE suggestion on a book to read. “Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child.” I also read Babywise, but it did not work for our family. But I LOVE Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child. It’s not a strict ‘must follow’ kind of book, it’s more of suggestions & tips- I LOVE it.
We’ve been using some stuff for G, and it’s working SO WELL with her.
Just a suggestion- only because I really enjoyed it, I wanted to share it with you.
LOVE your little bump, give it a rub for me.
XO
Holly recently posted..BEST YEAR EVER.

57 Krystan January 24, 2013 at 9:58 am

I just started reading your blog today and realized we have the exact same due date! I actually found out Nov. 4th at three weeks which seems crazy early, but I also had my 12 week appt. on Jan 7th! I have a few friends who are all about 29ish weeks along, so its really nice to read about someone going through the same stage at the same time :)

58 Lindsay January 27, 2013 at 6:21 pm
59 Courtney January 27, 2013 at 6:25 pm

OMG that is fantastic! LOL, I love it :)

60 信頼 正規 October 30, 2013 at 9:26 am

Everyone loves what you guys are usually up too.
This type of clever work and exposure! Keep up the superb works guys I’ve included you guys to my personal blogroll.
信頼 正規 recently posted..信頼 正規