Let You In On a Little Secret

Well happy Monday to you all! And for those of you who are lucky enough to be off on this special MLK holiday, I wish you all a fantastic day.

So this weekend was really a great one. On Saturday, I had my friend Joelle’s baby shower which was just adorable. She did a gender reveal which most of the guests were not expecting, and we all got to vote on what we thought it would be. I guessed boy…and I was right!

On Sunday, as many of you may have seen, I spent much of my day out and about running errands. Some were boring and necessary (i.e., grocery shopping) but some wound up being super fun (i.e., clothes shopping!). I had to run to the mall to return a pair of boots that I got for Christmas from JCPenney. I was originally planning on just returning the boots and leaving, but the I passed by all of the bathing suits and realized I should check them out.

Well, as it turns out, they had a bunch of cute ones, and I wound up getting three tankini tops, three bottoms (some can be interchangable), and a new cover-up. Mexico, here we come!

I know some of you thought the bathing suits were just tops, and some of you thought they were from Express, but that’s not the case. I actually found myself three new tops from Express, which should all last me for quite a while because they’re nice and flowy. Actually, I’m wearing one today…

That is the Portofino shirt, which I also got in ivory, along with this top in mardi gras.

Some of you were also curious about my Starbucks beverage. I thought you might be. ;)

First things first, my beverage of choice was a grande, decaf, iced, nonfat caramel macchiato (talk about a mouthful, right?). It’s one of my absolutely FAVORITES. But really, I know many of you want to know what’s up with the name…I’ll let you in on a little secret. I actually live a double life and go by the name of Rick.

Juuuuuust kidding. There was a mix up with the barista and she accidentally switched orders. Besides, if I was going to live a double life, I’d pick a different name than Rick. ;)

*****

Today, it’s back to work for me, and thankfully I took the time last night to put together some food for the day.

For breakfast, I have some pineapple cottage cheese with strawberries.

And I also have a piece of banana bread that I made yesterday. In case you’re curious, I made my Dark Chocolate Chip Banana Bread recipe, but I subbed in cinnamon chips for the chocolate chips.

Let me tell you…it was one of the best substitutions I’ve ever made. It really just gives the bread an all-over hint of cinnamon and sweetness, and I’m totally in love with it.

As for today’s lunch, I packed some veggies and a good old fashioned standby…

The classic peanut butter and jelly. It was the only thing that sounded good to me last night, and it’s still lookin’ mighty fine today, so I’m thinking it was a good decision. ;)

**FYI: The Baby Tooth page was updated this morning!**

Questions for the Morning:

• If you could pick a different name for yourself, what would it be?
  • What were the highlights of your weekend?
  • What’s your favorite, go-to lunch?

Comments

1. JaLynn says

I have to give a fake name at Starbucks because it’s too hard to teach people how to say my name, especially before I’ve had my morning coffee. :) I go by Lynn at Starbucks and even that trips up the Baristas some mornings.

I have no idea what name I would pick – when I was a kid, I hated my name and wanted something else, I didn’t care what (I didn’t like the androgynous aspect of Sam, but Samantha always sounded too formal for me). Buuut I’ve since decided that it works very well for me.
    Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..Clothes to Sweat In.

• says

me too! when i was growing up i hated my name! no one was named colleen. i wanted to be jennifer or mary…or just a name that everyone had. it was no fun having a name that was so “odd” in my mind. as i got a little older i realized i loved having a name that you didn’t hear all the time. i still haven’t met a ton of colleen’s in my life and i love that now! :)
      colleen @ thegiftofmondays recently posted..the Catholic freak…the Jesus freak

That banana bread looks so yummy! I may have to try it and bring it to work for everyone this week! My go-to lunch is probably a big spinach salad with lots of veggies salmon or tuna and hummus and veggies on the side! Yum!

Favourite go to lunch is a short grain brown rice, roasted diced kaboaha, krispy kale or fresh baby spinach leaves, roasted Brussels (with balsamic of course), toasted sunflower and pumpkin seeds and tahini dressing…wins every time! All about the intended leftovers! Love the shirt, coral colour is gorgeous – also your hair looks amazing in that pic!
    Michelle@Peachy Palate recently posted..Top Vegan Cupboard Staples

That coral/salmon top from Express in your photo is so pretty on you! Love that color and the style. It looks so comfy! One of my go-to lunches is a pb & banana sandwich… pb&j is another good one. ;) Aaaand I am loving the idea of cinnamon chips in banana bread! That sounds SO good! Now I just need to find some cinnamon chips…
    Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries recently posted..Meal Plan for the Week

I like my name, but I do always give a fake starbucks name! And on the RARE occasion I ever go to a bar I use a fake name (mama says you never pick up anyone in a bar thats worth keeping around… she’s right!)- Anyway I always use AnnaBelle! lol

My favorite go to lunch is greek yogurt, fruit, and some kind of protein like chicken or shrimp
    Katie @ Skinny Minnie Moves recently posted..RAVENS NATION!

Ah, Express. I just bought a ton of work clothes from there thanks to coupons and Christmas money. Love that store! I have an odd obsession with names. I have a running list and every time that I hear one I like, I write it down. If I ever have children…I’m gonna have a heck of a time making a final decision on names! I really love the name Lila for a girl, and I think I’d pick that name for myself. :)
    Rick is cool, too…haha!
    Angela @ Health’s Angel recently posted..[Current] Diet Staples

Hahahaha Rick! Love it. If I could pick another name it would be Rylie, thanks to an old Mary Kate and Ashley show.
    Best part of my weekend was finally catching up on all our tv shows with my boyfriend. Lame, but wonderful.
    Allison recently posted..I Love Sundays

Hmmm, another name? Probably Emmy or Vivian. I’ve always loved those names.
    My favorite part of the weekend was my 11 mile run. I’m weird and happen to love long runs more than anything. <3
    My go to lunch would be chicken and a sweet potato.
    Audrey Adams recently posted..Fishy Recipe friday

When I was younger, I really wished that my name was Crystal. Looking back now, though, I have no idea why? I guess because it sounds all all sparkly and pretty? And less of a mouthful than Amanda ;) If I were a guy, my name would probably be Adam [junior]… because Mom and Dad didn’t know my gender before I was born and that was their boy name pick for me.
    Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted... simply marvelous &#8230; cookies and chocolate .

My dad’s name is Rick, but I definitely wouldn’t pick that either! My name is pretty common, so I would go with something different, like Rowen or Layken. Or maybe a traditionally-boy’s name, like Joey or Charlie. I don’t know why, but I’ve always liked when girls have boys names!

My favorite go-to lunches lately are chicken with roasted veggies… zucchini, squash, green beans, asparagus- yum!
    Megan recently posted..Flushing It Out

I really like the bathing suits & Express top!! When I was younger, I wanted to change my name to Amy. I was obsessed with the name for the longest time. Now, I actually like my name because Karen isn’t very popular. My go-to lunch would probably be toasted turkey & cheese sandwich with a side of fruit & chips. I hope you have a great week!!
    Karen recently posted..Hello, Monday

Rick? So funny! I love that top from Express!! So cute. I would change my name to Isabelle. It was my great grandmother’s name and I was almosssst named that. :) I love my name too though.
    Angela recently posted..Merci Chocolates

14. Rachaelb says

I have always really liked my name. I saw the button up Express shirt online and have been thinking about getting it but I think I need to get to the store to try it on first.

15. Jen says

Good deals on the shoppin! I’m definitely lovin’ the pink polka dot one. I hope that was one of your choices!

I also love your Baby Tooth updates. You make such a cute and beautiful mommy-to-be!! :)

My bf saw your PB& J and went off on a rant about how he LOVES pb&j, and he hoeps that it was strawberry jelly, or raspberry! “I’m such a little kid!” We’re waiting for the chicken to finish on the grill for dinner, I think he may be hungry. Haha. So what kind of jelly is it?

I went through a stage of wanting to be called Jennifer as a child, but I’ve accepted the name Katie, even though it’s extremely common. And my go-to lunch would probably be a wrap with an excessive amount of veggies piled on it.

Also, I’ve never heard of cinnamon chips before. Very intriguing!