Let You In On a Little Secret

by Courtney on January 21, 2013

Well happy Monday to you all! And for those of you who are lucky enough to be off on this special MLK holiday, I wish you all a fantastic day.

So this weekend was really a great one. On Saturday, I had my friend Joelle’s baby shower which was just adorable. She did a gender reveal which most of the guests were not expecting, and we all got to vote on what we thought it would be. I guessed boy…and I was right!

On Sunday, as many of you may have seen, I spent much of my day out and about running errands. Some were boring and necessary (i.e., grocery shopping) but some wound up being super fun (i.e., clothes shopping!). I had to run to the mall to return a pair of boots that I got for Christmas from JCPenney. I was originally planning on just returning the boots and leaving, but the I passed by all of the bathing suits and realized I should check them out.

Well, as it turns out, they had a bunch of cute ones, and I wound up getting three tankini tops, three bottoms (some can be interchangable), and a new cover-up. Mexico, here we come!

I know some of you thought the bathing suits were just tops, and some of you thought they were from Express, but that’s not the case. I actually found myself three new tops from Express, which should all last me for quite a while because they’re nice and flowy. Actually, I’m wearing one today…

That is the Portofino shirt, which I also got in ivory, along with this top in mardi gras.

Some of you were also curious about my Starbucks beverage. I thought you might be. ;)

First things first, my beverage of choice was a grande, decaf, iced, nonfat caramel macchiato (talk about a mouthful, right?). It’s one of my absolutely FAVORITES. But really, I know many of you want to know what’s up with the name…I’ll let you in on a little secret. I actually live a double life and go by the name of Rick.

Juuuuuust kidding. There was a mix up with the barista and she accidentally switched orders. Besides, if I was going to live a double life, I’d pick a different name than Rick. ;)

*****

Today, it’s back to work for me, and thankfully I took the time last night to put together some food for the day.

For breakfast, I have some pineapple cottage cheese with strawberries.

And I also have a piece of banana bread that I made yesterday. In case you’re curious, I made my Dark Chocolate Chip Banana Bread recipe, but I subbed in cinnamon chips for the chocolate chips.

Let me tell you…it was one of the best substitutions I’ve ever made. It really just gives the bread an all-over hint of cinnamon and sweetness, and I’m totally in love with it.

As for today’s lunch, I packed some veggies and a good old fashioned standby…

The classic peanut butter and jelly. It was the only thing that sounded good to me last night, and it’s still lookin’ mighty fine today, so I’m thinking it was a good decision. ;)

**FYI: The Baby Tooth page was updated this morning!**

Questions for the Morning:

• If you could pick a different name for yourself, what would it be?
  • What were the highlights of your weekend?
  • What’s your favorite, go-to lunch?

1 alyssa - life a la wife January 21, 2013 at 8:41 am

Love the express tops! I can’t believe some people thought your bathing suit tops were actually tops!? Haha
alyssa – life a la wife recently posted..Sunday Stuff – 1/20

2 Khushboo January 21, 2013 at 8:43 am

Can I tell you what name I wouldn’t pick (if I were a guy that is)- Richard…purely down to nickname reasoning haha!
Khushboo recently posted..Mumbai Marathon Mode

3 Danielle @ itsaharleyyylife January 21, 2013 at 8:43 am

I just tried my first iced caramel macchiato this past weekend! loved it!
Danielle @ itsaharleyyylife recently posted..SPIBELT Giveaway

4 JaLynn January 21, 2013 at 8:44 am

I have to give a fake name at Starbucks because it’s too hard to teach people how to say my name, especially before I’ve had my morning coffee. :) I go by Lynn at Starbucks and even that trips up the Baristas some mornings.

5 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More January 21, 2013 at 8:47 am

One of my friends and her sister call each other “Rick” or “Ricky” I guess I didn’t even think anything of the name since I’m used to hearing them. ha! ;)
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..Marvelous Music

6 Stellina @ My Yogurt Addiction January 21, 2013 at 8:47 am

I really love the name Sofia!

My go-to lunch is a turkey, lettuce, tomato and cheese wrap, yum :)

7 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles January 21, 2013 at 8:48 am

I have no idea what name I would pick – when I was a kid, I hated my name and wanted something else, I didn’t care what (I didn’t like the androgynous aspect of Sam, but Samantha always sounded too formal for me). Buuut I’ve since decided that it works very well for me.
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..Clothes to Sweat In.

8 colleen @ thegiftofmondays January 21, 2013 at 12:57 pm

me too! when i was growing up i hated my name! no one was named colleen. i wanted to be jennifer or mary…or just a name that everyone had. it was no fun having a name that was so “odd” in my mind. as i got a little older i realized i loved having a name that you didn’t hear all the time. i still haven’t met a ton of colleen’s in my life and i love that now! :)
colleen @ thegiftofmondays recently posted..the Catholic freak…the Jesus freak

9 Lindsey January 21, 2013 at 8:52 am

I love PB&Js! But usually end up with a salad with veggies, avocado, hard boil egg and quinoa.
Lindsey recently posted..Secret Ingredient

10 Carrie @ Fitness and Frozen Grapes January 21, 2013 at 8:57 am

I did a ton of meal prep yesterday, so I have a huge batch of quinoa to eat for lunches this week (plus some roasted veggies and sweet potatoes). I also spent some time cutting up carrots (ugh, not my favorite task at all) for meals and snacks. This preparation makes it a lot easier to make healthy choices all week long. :)
Carrie @ Fitness and Frozen Grapes recently posted..Write It Down, Do It Up – Week of Jan. 20

11 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake January 21, 2013 at 8:58 am

Oooh, I love caramel macchiatos but I haven’t had one in forever!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..Meal Plan: 1/21-1/26

12 Lindsay January 21, 2013 at 9:00 am

That banana bread looks so yummy! I may have to try it and bring it to work for everyone this week! My go-to lunch is probably a big spinach salad with lots of veggies salmon or tuna and hummus and veggies on the side! Yum!

13 My Neon Running Shoes January 21, 2013 at 9:02 am

Wow I thought those were tops not swim suits (apparently I am blind and didn’t see the bottoms or have really selective vision?). They are still cute ;-) That dark chocolate banana bread looks drool worthy! Headed over to read about sweet little baby tooth… Yay!
My Neon Running Shoes recently posted..Please don’t think I am homeless.

14 Michelle@Peachy Palate January 21, 2013 at 9:07 am

Favourite go to lunch is a short grain brown rice, roasted diced kaboaha, krispy kale or fresh baby spinach leaves, roasted Brussels (with balsamic of course), toasted sunflower and pumpkin seeds and tahini dressing…wins every time! All about the intended leftovers! Love the shirt, coral colour is gorgeous – also your hair looks amazing in that pic!
Michelle@Peachy Palate recently posted..Top Vegan Cupboard Staples

15 Sara @ fitcupcaker January 21, 2013 at 9:15 am

My go to lunch is a big salad with chicken…I had my wildtree freezer meal party yesterday, it was so fun and now I have 20 meals freezer ready, all organic!
Sara @ fitcupcaker recently posted..Easy Protein Pancakes & FCC Weekly Meal Plan

16 Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries January 21, 2013 at 9:20 am

That coral/salmon top from Express in your photo is so pretty on you! Love that color and the style. It looks so comfy! One of my go-to lunches is a pb & banana sandwich… pb&j is another good one. ;) Aaaand I am loving the idea of cinnamon chips in banana bread! That sounds SO good! Now I just need to find some cinnamon chips…
Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries recently posted..Meal Plan for the Week

17 Jana @ Newly Wife Healthy Life January 21, 2013 at 9:22 am

Everytime I order from Starbucks my name seems to get confused! I am always Jenna, Jan, Jayna, and was once even Johnna! Lol Jana seems to be the rare choice ;) Luckily though I answer to anything that is close! Ha!

18 Katie @ Skinny Minnie Moves January 21, 2013 at 9:28 am

I like my name, but I do always give a fake starbucks name! And on the RARE occasion I ever go to a bar I use a fake name (mama says you never pick up anyone in a bar thats worth keeping around… she’s right!)- Anyway I always use AnnaBelle! lol

My favorite go to lunch is greek yogurt, fruit, and some kind of protein like chicken or shrimp
Katie @ Skinny Minnie Moves recently posted..RAVENS NATION!

19 Chelsea @ LittleOneRuns January 21, 2013 at 9:36 am

i’ve never heard of cinnamon chips, they sound pretty good though :)
i think i would go by…idk, but it would be a weird one lol
salad! i have salads everyday, only because they help me get my veggies in.

20 Angela @ Health's Angel January 21, 2013 at 9:49 am

Ah, Express. I just bought a ton of work clothes from there thanks to coupons and Christmas money. Love that store! I have an odd obsession with names. I have a running list and every time that I hear one I like, I write it down. If I ever have children…I’m gonna have a heck of a time making a final decision on names! I really love the name Lila for a girl, and I think I’d pick that name for myself. :)
Rick is cool, too…haha!
Angela @ Health’s Angel recently posted..[Current] Diet Staples

21 Laurie @ Love, Laugh, Laurie January 21, 2013 at 10:02 am

Those bathing suits are super cute!! And cinnamon chips in banana bread is genius! Have a great day!
Laurie @ Love, Laugh, Laurie recently posted..Icebreaker Marathon Relay Recap

22 Melanie January 21, 2013 at 10:04 am

My go to lunch is a big salad full of whatever I have in the fridge!

23 Allison January 21, 2013 at 10:05 am

Hahahaha Rick! Love it. If I could pick another name it would be Rylie, thanks to an old Mary Kate and Ashley show.
Best part of my weekend was finally catching up on all our tv shows with my boyfriend. Lame, but wonderful.
Allison recently posted..I Love Sundays

24 Emily @ Perfection Isn't Happy January 21, 2013 at 10:16 am

Cute bathing suits! I’m going on vacation in March, and I’m already thinking about clothes for the trip. Wishful thinking, since it’s still 19 degrees here :).
Emily @ Perfection Isn’t Happy recently posted..Weekend by iPhone

25 Audrey Adams January 21, 2013 at 10:17 am

Hmmm, another name? Probably Emmy or Vivian. I’ve always loved those names.
My favorite part of the weekend was my 11 mile run. I’m weird and happen to love long runs more than anything. <3
My go to lunch would be chicken and a sweet potato.
Audrey Adams recently posted..Fishy Recipe friday

26 Amanda @ .running with spoons. January 21, 2013 at 10:24 am

When I was younger, I really wished that my name was Crystal. Looking back now, though, I have no idea why? I guess because it sounds all all sparkly and pretty? And less of a mouthful than Amanda ;) If I were a guy, my name would probably be Adam [junior]… because Mom and Dad didn’t know my gender before I was born and that was their boy name pick for me.
Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted... simply marvelous &#8230; cookies and chocolate .

27 Kristen @ notsodomesticated January 21, 2013 at 10:27 am

Darn … I guess I can’t start calling you Rick, then. I thought it had a nice ring to it. ;)

I have nooo idea what other name I’d call myself. I don’t particularly love my name, but since I’ve had it for 29 years, it’s hard to envision myself with something else!!
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..29 Weeks: Evidently my energy left with my second trimester.

28 Megan January 21, 2013 at 10:37 am

My dad’s name is Rick, but I definitely wouldn’t pick that either! My name is pretty common, so I would go with something different, like Rowen or Layken. Or maybe a traditionally-boy’s name, like Joey or Charlie. I don’t know why, but I’ve always liked when girls have boys names!

My favorite go-to lunches lately are chicken with roasted veggies… zucchini, squash, green beans, asparagus- yum!
Megan recently posted..Flushing It Out

29 Katie @ KatieEnPursuit January 21, 2013 at 10:41 am

Ha, oh Rick, you lead such an exciting life :) I used to wish my name was “Maggie” when I was younger & have since grown to enjoy my own name. Weekend was busy, busy & lots of fun stuff! As for lunches, a huge salad monster is my go-to. Happy Monday!
Katie @ KatieEnPursuit recently posted..Drowning in Wine Sweat

30 Amanda Perry @ Sistas of Strength January 21, 2013 at 10:47 am

I loved pb and j when I was preggo too. I don’t think I have had one since. Pregnancy eating is so strange. :)
Amanda Perry @ Sistas of Strength recently posted..The Friday Five: How I Look at Exercise

31 Karen January 21, 2013 at 10:50 am

I really like the bathing suits & Express top!! When I was younger, I wanted to change my name to Amy. I was obsessed with the name for the longest time. Now, I actually like my name because Karen isn’t very popular. My go-to lunch would probably be toasted turkey & cheese sandwich with a side of fruit & chips. I hope you have a great week!!
Karen recently posted..Hello, Monday

32 Katie @ running4cupcakes January 21, 2013 at 11:08 am

Yeah for new swim suits.. .I need to find myself one soon – we go to Florida in 2 weeks! My favorite lunch lately has been cheese, turkey and pretzel crackers. YUM! And super easy to put together and take to work.
Katie @ running4cupcakes recently posted..Weekend Update: 1/20/13

33 Meghan @ After the Ivy League January 21, 2013 at 11:16 am

Love the idea of adding cinnamon chips to banana bread! I’ve made a banana bread snack cake with cinnamon in it before and I was crazy about the flavor combination. I’ll have to try this one out too!
Meghan @ After the Ivy League recently posted..Ski Weekend in Maine

34 Jenna @ Crazy Healthy Fit January 21, 2013 at 11:22 am

Not gonna lie, my first thought after seeing the name Rick was that you had found out the gender of your baby, and were thinking of the name Rick. I thought this was your way of sneaking in the name before revealing the gender/name to your readers ;-)
Jenna @ Crazy Healthy Fit recently posted..Walt Disney World Half Marathon 2013 (#3)

35 Kate @ quartercenturysouthernliving.wordpress.com January 21, 2013 at 11:42 am

I love peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and am a big fan of peanut butter, banana, and honey sandwiches as well! After writing this, today’s lunch may be decided upon :)
Kate @ quartercenturysouthernliving.wordpress.com recently posted..Weekend Loves

36 Natalie @ Free Range Human January 21, 2013 at 11:56 am

I’ve been loving PB & J lately! A very good choice :)
Natalie @ Free Range Human recently posted..5 Things I’ve Learned From Backpacking

37 Kerry @ Totes My Oats January 21, 2013 at 12:00 pm

My favorite lunch is definitely a yummy sandwich! I love sandwiches :)
Kerry @ Totes My Oats recently posted..Weekend Food and Such

38 Ashley @ Sweat for Sweets January 21, 2013 at 12:40 pm

Hahah you’re a funny one! Starbucks bevvies are always so complicated and diva-sounding. I agree.. Rick would not be my alter ego name of choice ;)
Ashley @ Sweat for Sweets recently posted..the best soup you’ve ever had

39 kim@hungryhealthygirl January 21, 2013 at 12:56 pm

I’m going to have to try that Starbuck’s drink with caffeine, of course. I love caramel. Highlight from my weekend was a mother/daughter date…out to dinner and to see Silver Linings Playbook. Great weekend!
kim@hungryhealthygirl recently posted..Marvelous Monday with a Weekend Review!

40 Ellie@Fit for the Soul January 21, 2013 at 1:13 pm

My favorite lunch lately is a big salad with lots of veggies, pickle slices, banana peppers, and then some tuna on top or some roasted chicken. :D Oh, and with balsamic vinaigrette. And I was thinking, “wow Courtney is brave to tell the barista that her name is Rick!” lol.
Ellie@Fit for the Soul recently posted..Review of Ballet Body: Upper Body Ultra Sleek DVD

41 Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl January 21, 2013 at 1:45 pm

Both of those tops from Express are super cute. You are lucky that flowy tops are VERY in style and easy to find right now! Good timing! ;)

Your substitution of cinnamon chips for chocolate chips in the banana bread sounds amazing. I will have to try that the next time that I make banana muffins.
Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl recently posted..What a Vegetarian Eats At…Panera Bread

42 Lyndsay @ Where the heart is January 21, 2013 at 2:02 pm

I can’t say I have a favourite lunch – breakfast and dinner always win for me…
As for a new name, I love names that can be for boys and girls, like Blake, Taylor, Reese. I think they have a cool factor lol!
Lyndsay @ Where the heart is recently posted..Ain’t no party like a cake pop party

43 Bethany @ Accidental Intentions January 21, 2013 at 2:57 pm

When I was younger, I really wished my name was Aimee. I saw it in the American Girl magazine once and thought it was the COOLEST name. I’m happy with my real name now, but I do get a little jealous/geeked out whenever I meet someone named Aimee haha.
Bethany @ Accidental Intentions recently posted..Best Body Bootcamp Week 2: Pushing Through

44 lindsay @ fuel my family January 21, 2013 at 3:18 pm

PB and J’s are totally underrated…PB and masehd Banana sandwiches is one of my favorite breakfasts

45 Brooke @ Running In Heels January 21, 2013 at 3:20 pm

LOVE that top and that banana bread is calling my name! Great idea with the cinnamon chips, I might just have to buy some and try this out! Once it’s warm enough to step outside without my eyeballs freezing that is ;)

46 Danielle @ Truffles n' Treadmills January 21, 2013 at 3:23 pm

Those suits are cute! You are going to look stylish in Mexico :)
Danielle @ Truffles n’ Treadmills recently posted..Catch Up Day

47 Rick January 21, 2013 at 3:37 pm

WOW – no love for me I guess, lol

48 Courtney January 21, 2013 at 3:55 pm

LOL!!! Sorry Rick! It’s much better suited for a man ;)

49 Brittany @ DulceVie January 21, 2013 at 3:53 pm

Hahaha Rick! I am not sure what name I would choose for myself… hmmm…
Brittany @ DulceVie recently posted..Breakfast at Panera

50 Angela January 21, 2013 at 4:02 pm

Rick? So funny! I love that top from Express!! So cute. I would change my name to Isabelle. It was my great grandmother’s name and I was almosssst named that. :) I love my name too though.
Angela recently posted..Merci Chocolates

51 Annette@FitnessPerks January 21, 2013 at 4:18 pm

Cinnamon chips in the bread?? GENIUS, girl.

52 Avery @ Southern Belle Living Well January 21, 2013 at 6:12 pm

I think I’d change my name to either Scarlett or Whitney, I love both! My weekend highlight would definitely be a wedding I attended. So much fun! I’ve never even heard of Cinnamon Chips…sounds like a good idea for a muffin recipe though… :)
Avery @ Southern Belle Living Well recently posted..Wedding Bells Will Ring

53 Sarah @PickyRunner January 21, 2013 at 6:23 pm

I love that shirt! And that bread sounds amazingggggg
Sarah @PickyRunner recently posted..Cheers to the freakin’ weekend

54 Liz @ Tip Top Shape January 21, 2013 at 7:51 pm

That banana bread is ridiculously good looking! Love swapping in the cinnamon chips!
Liz @ Tip Top Shape recently posted..Peanut Sauce Soba Noodles with Shrimp

55 Rachaelb January 21, 2013 at 8:44 pm

I have always really liked my name. I saw the button up Express shirt online and have been thinking about getting it but I think I need to get to the store to try it on first.

56 Kate @ paprikate January 21, 2013 at 8:46 pm

… There’s a such thing as CINNAMON CHIPS?
I think you may have just changed my life.
Kate @ paprikate recently posted..The Jennifer Lawrence Obsession

57 Jen January 21, 2013 at 9:24 pm

Good deals on the shoppin! I’m definitely lovin’ the pink polka dot one. I hope that was one of your choices!

I also love your Baby Tooth updates. You make such a cute and beautiful mommy-to-be!! :)

58 Cassie @ RedLetterDaye January 21, 2013 at 9:42 pm

My bf saw your PB& J and went off on a rant about how he LOVES pb&j, and he hoeps that it was strawberry jelly, or raspberry! “I’m such a little kid!” We’re waiting for the chicken to finish on the grill for dinner, I think he may be hungry. Haha. So what kind of jelly is it?

59 Courtney January 21, 2013 at 9:56 pm

Hahaha! It’s raspberry ;)

60 Bek @ Crave January 22, 2013 at 12:26 am

I’d pick a name that’s less generic- like Cleo haha.
Bek @ Crave recently posted..Red Velvet = The Colour of Valentine&#8217;s Day

61 Katie January 22, 2013 at 1:02 am

I went through a stage of wanting to be called Jennifer as a child, but I’ve accepted the name Katie, even though it’s extremely common. And my go-to lunch would probably be a wrap with an excessive amount of veggies piled on it.

Also, I’ve never heard of cinnamon chips before. Very intriguing!

62 Emily @ Hungry Delights January 22, 2013 at 4:59 pm

Your work lunch looks very yummy – I am terribly unorganized when it comes to sorting out food during the day. I could definitely learn from you!
Emily @ Hungry Delights recently posted..WIAW – Surviving the flu