Just Like Cookie Dough

Okay, I know I live in the northeast. I know it’s the dead of winter. And I also know this is nothing new…BUT. When it’s negative two degrees outside? Ehhh, I’m sorry but that is just downright miserable. Only 26 more days until sunny Mexico, baby!

So I never came back to visit you all after yesterday morning’s post; it wound up being a pretty busy day and by the time I got home, made dinner, and sat down, I wound up falling asleep on the couch about an hour and a half later. I was downright pooped last night.

I thought that since I made it to bed early I might be able to swing an early morning workout this morning, but when the alarm went off today, every part of my body was screaming nooooooo. No worries though; I have time after work today…I just may need some extra motivation from you all. Yes…just like many of you need motivation to get up in the mornings? I need it for the evenings. Just goes to show what different breeds we all are, I suppose!

As far as eats go from yesterday? Well, I have a few to share, starting with breakfast.

I had my coffee plus a container of apple cinnamon Love Grown Foods hot oats with blueberries mixed in. I’ll tell ya, I’ve been loving these hot oats since I first received them back in December, but have been trying really hard to space them out since I only got four and they aren’t in stores near me yet (although I believe they’re on amazon?). Either way, I only have one left. Boooo.

Lunch was super quick and easy, thanks to some leftover salad from Tuesday night’s dinner. To give it a little protein, I added a pouch of chunk light tuna, which was good, but not great.

Other snacks from the rest of the day included the last of my bag of popchips (yes, yet another desk snack),

and a small container of cottage cheese with pineapple.

Dinner was something that we actually planned ahead for (yay for meal planning!), Tilapia Tacos with Roasted Corn Relish.

I love this meal for so many reasons. For one, it’s light, healthy, and just super delicious. But really, I love it because it’s done within about 20 minutes. Quick and speedy dinners are definitely favorites in our household!

Shortly after finishing dinner, I was scrolling through my Instagram feed and came across this photo of Colleen’s vanilla Chobani with peanut butter and chocolate chips.

She said it tasted “just like cookie dough” and since I was really craving something sweet, I gave it a try. Well Colleen, I’m not quite sure it tastes juuuuust like cookie dough (just like I think banana soft serve reeeeally doesn’t taste just like soft serve, and desserts with chickpeas really do taste like chickpeas), but I will say that it was a mighty delicious dessert and I would absolutely make it again. Thanks for the inspiration, my fellow cold-despising friend.

So now…about that workout motivation for tonight… 😉

Questions for the Morning: Would You Rather (it’s baaaack!)…

• Be in extreme cold or extreme heat?
  • Workout first thing in the morning or at the end of your day?
  • Eat a large portion of a “healthy” dessert or a small portion of something decadent?

Comments

Dinner looks amazing! Hard questions this morning but answering with First thoughts: 1. Extreme cold–you can always add more layers 2. Morning workout—but so hard to get out of bed! 3. Small piece of something decadent.
    Have a great day!

I tend to prefer weather on the warmer side, but when it comes to extremes, I’d probably choose the extreme cold because you can bundle up. Extreme heat makes me crabby and feel gross. That being said, sunny and 70* is right up my alley. 😉 And I would rather workout first thing in the morning even though that rarely happens these days. Maybe someday I’ll get back to it! Lastly, I’m definitely a volume eater, but I also love my quality and rich desserts, so this is a tough one! I suppose it depends on what it is…
    Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries recently posted..01/24/13: Thursday Thoughts

3. kristin says

it has been way to cold in my area as well, this morning i believe it was 10 brrrrr cannot wait until Spring!!!

4. Carolyn says

Extreme cold! I don’t like it but at least I can just put more layers on. I don’t love the heat though it does help me with eating less:). I always workout in the morning, 4:30am because with 3 little boys and teaching its not going to happen any other time. As for dessert it would really depend on what they were. Normally if I have dessert I like a bigger portion of it. Those tacos look amazing! Have a great day.

I prefer working out first thing in the morning, but my husband is all about night time workouts! We are on opposite schedules: I work out at 5 am and he goes to the gym at 10 pm!

The dessert question is a toughy, it just depends on my mood! Birthdays, holidays, special occasions, etc I like rich desserts, but during regular weeks I like healthy desserts. Being able to have a sweet treat without the sugar rush is a win-win for me!
    Jana @ Happy Wife Healthy Life recently posted..Peanut Butter Lovin’

I hate both extreme hot and extreme cold! But if I haaad to choose I’d go with cold because I can bundle up all I want v. not being able to take all my clothes off haha. Morning workouts always make me feel so much better throughout the day but dang is it hard to wake up at the crack of dawn! And I’d rather eat something small and decadent!!
    Claire @ Health Nut Claire recently posted..Bear Complex

When the alarm went off for me today, I totally hit snooze a couple of time. I am only working in the office till 12:30PM and hoping that once the hubby gets home, I can jump on the treadmill for 30 minutes so maybe we can help motivate each other today.
    I would rather have extreme cold weather because you can always add more layers plus you can stay in your warm house. I would rather workout first thing in the morning as I am no good at night. Lastly, I would rather eat a small portion dessert. Have a great day & stay warm!!
    Karen recently posted..Trainer Tip Thursday

I’m definitely all about small portions of something decadent. With healthy desserts, I find that I can eat as much as I can stomach and -still- be left unsatisfied, whereas it only takes a little bit of the real thing to make me a happy camper. And I used to be a morning exerciser, but I’ve been gradually pushing it back to later in the day and think I prefer it that way.
    Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted... thinking out loud #16 .

Extreme heat! I’m not a cold weather person AT ALL! As for working out, I’m more of a night person. And I like all desserts, but if I had to chose I think I’d go with a skinny dessert and bigger portion. If made right, skinny desserts don’t even taste skinny and are just as satisfying.
    Elaine recently posted..Quinoa Veggie Stir Fry

Extreme heat all the way! I get whiny when it gets into the 40s, no lie. Although, that would feel like a heat wave right now.
    I much prefer working out in the AM. I can get myself to a hot yoga class at night but anything else…it’s a struggle.
    As for the dessert thing, ain’t nothing like the real thing :) I’d rather eat a few squares of good dark chocolate rather than a huge bowl of banana soft serve or protein powder-whatever.
    Angela @ Health’s Angel recently posted..[Current] Diet Staples

11. Chelsea says

The past few days it has has felt like almost -40 here with the windchill! But believe it or not I would still take extreme cold over extreme heat any day. Although I don’t think my car would agree!

Even though I am ALWAYS cold, I absolutely prefer the extreme cold over the heat. Bundling up and being cozy is so much more appealing to me than feeling sweaty and uncomfortable.

Morning workouts are my favorite! I find it so much harder to get motivated at the end of the day.

Last one’s a tough one… depends on how tasty the healthy dessert is, I guess! And I can hardly ever have just a small portion of something decadent, so there’s that…
    Megan recently posted..A Case Of The Blahs

It was a balmy 4 degrees for me this morning, is it summer yet? I absolutely can’t work out in the morning, I’m an evening gal for sure. If I’m ever not in the mood I tell myself a few things. 1) I’ve been sitting on my butt all day at my desk and it’ll feel good to move. 2) I don’t have to workout super long, just 20 minutes if I’m really not in the mood (this trick always works, after 10 min of working out my mood has changed and I always want to keep going longer). and 3) I’ll be so much more productive once I get home if I’ve just worked out, energy boost!

And I’ve had the vanilla Greek yogurt + peanut butter combo before, pretty delicious. I should add chocolate chips next time!
    Meghan @ After the Ivy League recently posted..Thursday Thoughts

14. Megan says

for workout motivation when I just want to be lazy, I remind myself that there are 24 hours in a day and using one of them for a work out is really nothing at all!

15. Gabrielle says

Totally feel you on the cold thing today! I’m from Montreal and it -17°F today…this is just NOT okay! Its been like this all week ughhh I wanna move to California!!

I believe fish tacos are one of my top 5 meals. They are always so delicious! And that chobani does really look like cookie dough. Checking it out now. :) PS- I miss you!! xoxo Chelsey and I were gabbing about you last night and it made me realize that I haven’t talked to you in so long. :(
    Lauren recently posted..How To Embrace The Positive In Change

It is so cold here in Chicago too! I wish that I was going to Mexico! As for workouts, I prefer working out at night. It is nice getting it out of the way in the morning… but I am always too tired in the morning. I can get myself out of bed to workout in the morning, but my legs always feel slower and heavier while working out. As for desserts, I would rather had a large portion of a healthy dessert.

Being a Florida girl who moved to Texas for 3 years, I have been through some mean heat! I think I can survive the heat better than the cold. I just need somewhere to swim and I’m good!

I would love to get my workout done in the morning but I am so not a morning person so I always do it in the evening. And I’ve heard that late afternoon is when your energy peaks. You can do it Courtney! Showing up is half the battle and you never regret a workout. :)

19. Meg says

Extreme heat, for sure – I think it’s easier to cool down in the heat than warm up when it’s cold out.

I am definitely an AM exerciser. I am too tired when I get home from work to try to do something then.

Desserts – I think I would want something bigger! It will still taste good, and is more likely to satisfy my sweet tooth than just a little bite or two of something.

20. Nicole says

One of my favorite desserts is Vanilla Yogurt (Carbmaster – a Kroger Brand) with a tablespoon of Peanut Butter…..sooo delish!!

I would love to workout early in the monring but getting up is soooo tough! I love the feeling of getting it done though!

I think extreme heat because I have AC and I’m always cold anyway.

I’d like to have a lot of something then just a little. Even if it’s healthy doesn’t mean that it wil ltaste bad!
    Stellina @ My Yogurt Addiction recently posted..How to Learn to LOVE Exercise

Honestly, I’d rather be cold, because you can always bundle up and drink warm liquids, but when it’s hot, you can only take off so many clothes. Once you’re naked, you’re out of luck in the temperature department. 😉

And I’m definitely preferring my former early morning workouts to my after work workouts. I don’t like not having time at the end of my day for things like working on my second book.
    Beks recently posted..Musical Review: "Memphis"

I LOVE Pop Chips! They are one of my favorite snacks, and I actually don’t have to feel guilty about eating them. Love that!

Though I am a vegetarian, those tacos look amazing. I would just have to use beans instead of the tilapia. Quite tasty, I am sure!

1) I would definitely rather be in extreme heat. I cannot stand being cold! :( 2) I normally workout in the evenings, but I would love to be more motivated and get it done in the morning. I feel more accomplished then. 3) I would rather eat a large portion of a “healthy” dessert. The more the merrier :).
    Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl recently posted..WIAW: January 23, 2013

haha good questions~I love the cold more than I love hot weather, BUT if they have to be extremes then I’d go with extreme hot weather! It just HAS to be humid though because I hate dry heat and grew up in humid weather. Also, when I was in Myanmar and India I handled the humid 100 something degrees just fine so I’ll go with that. :) And at least you can walk around outside when it’s hot right?!
    Ellie@Fit for the Soul recently posted..The Awesome Benefits of the Stepmill

I prefer working out later in the day usually, but I always try to do it in the morning instead. As the day goes on, things come up, and a workout tends to be pushed out of the picture.

I really hope those Love Grown Hot Oats make their way into Canada because they would be perfect on days when I have to take breakfast with me to work.

I would rather:
    …be in the extreme heat
    …workout in the morning
    …eat a large helping of healthy dessert (unless NY cheesecake was my decadent option :)
    Andrea @ Vegvacious recently posted..DIY Honey Lemon Lip Exfoliant

I just stole your idea- except I used a vanilla chocolate chunk chobani. I skipped the chocolate chips (the yogurt already has chocolate chunks!) and added some chocolate syrup instead….. MMMMM it was just like ice cream! Thanks for that delicious snack idea (:
    Emily recently posted..College.

I have been complaining about this New England weather the past few days but I would much rather be too cold than too hot any day. You can always put on more layers, but there is only so much you can take off. :-)
    Katy recently posted..Ice Cold Tangents

I would rather be in extreme heat because I’ve been living it all my life in South Florida! I love getting early workouts in so then I’m already done before I start the rest of my day. I’m not sure about the dessert one – I think a few years ago I would have wanted a large portion of a healthy dessert but now I’m all about enjoying decadent things in moderation!
    Stephanie @ Steph’s Miles recently posted..Irregular Sleep Schedule for the Busy Woman

I can go either way on ALL the “would you rather” questions depending on the day and my mood! For example, some days I’m totally up for morning workouts pumping me up for the day. However, sometimes I have much more energy in the afternoon. I guess I’m just indecisive. :)
    Brianna K. recently posted..WIAW #11: Brrrr, It’s Cold!

31. Audrey says

Workouts In the morning are thebest but most of the time I have to do it after school. I’ve actually been waking up early and dominating workouts this week…so, it’s all cool. You should totally work it outttt! Dominate and feel accomplished! Woooooo
    Audrey recently posted..Getting Things Done

We appreciate you the good writeup. The idea in fact would be a fun account that. Glance difficult to extra added pleasant on your part! In addition, just how can many of us convey?

Trackbacks