Four Days This Week!

by Courtney on January 25, 2013

Alright, you guys ready for this?

Not ONLY did I find the motivation to get my workout in last night, but I ALSO got myself up this morning for another one. Check me out!

Last night’s routine went a little something like this:

• 20 minutes interval walking (alternating 1-2 minutes @ 5.0 / 2 minutes @4.5mph)
  • 20 minutes 10lb. Slimdown Total Body DVD

This morning, I did a slightly shortened version of the 45 minute treadmill walk, finishing in about 35 minutes, and I feel GREAT. I completed four days of workouts this week (rest day Wednesday), which was my original goal, so I’m obviously super stoked. It just feels soooo good to finally feel like I’m getting back into a routine. I can’t tell you how much I’ve missed it.

Also exciting, is the fact that my new workout DVD’s should be arriving today, so I’ll be able to switch up my routine a bit more. To be honest, I’ve kind of been cycling through the same three workouts the past couple of weeks and if I don’t switch it up son, things are going to get stale. I think it’s about time to print out some of the other walking treadmill workouts that I have posted, incorporate my new DVD’s, and go to town!

Last Night’s Dinner

Soooo, I know I told you guys I was probably going the “brinner” route for dinner last night, but once I was finished with my workout, I was suddenly craving something different.

A couple of weeks ago, I saw a pin on Pinterest for some sort of chicken parm with avocado. I actually repinned it but didn’t include it in my latest Pinterest post because I didn’t think I’d get to it anytime soon. But the greatest thing about this meal was that I literally threw it together in less than 10 minutes…no recipe required.

I simply heated up a piece of frozen chicken (we usually have a bag on hand), then I topped it with some Grandpa Pete’s garlic sauce (basically like a bruschetta topping), almost half of an avocado, and some mozzarella cheese, and popped it under the broiler. Before I knew it, I had this incredible thing waiting for me.

And all I can say is, WOW. Adding the avocado on there absolutely made the dish, no doubt about it. And while my little can of beets with sprinkled with sea salt were certainly yummy, they didn’t hold a candle to that chicken. YUM!

After dinner, I ran out to take care of a quick errand, came back home, painted my nails, and we caught up on our DVR. While we were watching the season finale of American Horror Story (craziest show out there, if you ask me!), I decided to whip up a quick dessert.

See…I told you I’d have it again. ;) This creation, however, was slightly different from Wednesday night. This time, I mixed a vanilla Greek yogurt with 2 tbsp chocolate PB2 (already mixed with water, not the powder alone), chocolate chips, and a few crumbled TJ’s cat cookies.

THIS, my friends, was a perfect dessert. Fairly healthy (when you compare it to the ice cream I could have dug in to), the perfect amount of sweetness, combined with chocolate, peanut butter, and a little crunch.

I want one of these every day for the rest of my life.

As I finished up my dessert, my buddy came up to chill with me, and wound up leaving me stuck on the couch for another good hour.

Granted, I could have gotten up sooner…but he just looked so darn comfy.

And before that, he was literally curled up right on top of my (growing) belly, so I think he was trying to get some special bonding time with Baby Tooth. ;)

*****

This morning, it is Friday and I. Am. Pumped. So much so, that I’m treating myself to a Starbucks breakfast, which will look almost identical to what you see here

Except I’m thinking that a decaf, nonfat caramel macchiato sounds a lot better than a decaf coffee.

Tonight, Jay and I have his work’s holiday kick off party which, if you remember from last year, is sure to be a great time. Only difference is I won’t be buzzed off wine and eating late night pizza.

Well, no promises on the pizza. ;)

Happy Fridayyyyy!!

1 My Neon Running Shoes January 25, 2013 at 8:48 am

4 days! You rock! That dinner looks amazing and so does that dessert! I always forget chocolate chips can be added to something healthy for a little extra punch ;-) Have a great Friday!
My Neon Running Shoes recently posted..Body image… a weighty topic.

2 Hope @ With A Side Of Hope January 25, 2013 at 8:49 am

I’ve seen that avocado chicken parm too and have wanted to try making it! Yours looks delicious! Glad to hear that it tastes good. I need to try it! :) Your dessert looks yummy too. Definitely have to try it. Have fun at the party!
Hope @ With A Side Of Hope recently posted..Fun Finds Friday: Breakfast!!…

3 Madison January 25, 2013 at 9:02 am

That does look like a delicious dessert! I want to try that…especially with the cookie addition. :)
Madison recently posted..Snickerdoodle White Chocolate Blondies

4 Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries January 25, 2013 at 9:04 am

Yum! We’re having that avocado mozzerella parmesan dinner tonight I think! Looks so yummy. Your photo makes me super excited for it. I definitely need to try that Greek yogurt cookie dough dessert. Yay for Friday! Have a good one Court! xoxo
Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries recently posted..Currently…

5 Allison January 25, 2013 at 9:07 am

AHS was nuts!! What on earth is going to happen next season? That dessert looks phenomenal. And I do that with my cat too…I feel bad moving when she’s on me, and in turn it gives me an excuse to lay down a little while longer ;) Have fun at your party!
Allison recently posted..Blank Mind + Surveys

6 Paige @ Your Trainer Paige January 25, 2013 at 9:11 am

Mmm – I love pickled beets! I haven’t had them in quite a while, though.
Don’tcha just hate when your pet won’t let you get off the couch? ;-) Shane and I use “Niko won’t let me get up, though!” when one of us has to get up to get something (usually dessert, lol)
Paige @ Your Trainer Paige recently posted..Friday 5

7 Liz @ Tip Top Shape January 25, 2013 at 9:11 am

I’d never think of putting avocado with a chicken parmesan. That’s definitely different!
Liz @ Tip Top Shape recently posted..Lessons In Being Awkward

8 Amanda @ .running with spoons. January 25, 2013 at 9:12 am

You’re just on a roll, girl! Consistent workouts and awesome meals? Way to rock it! That dinner is seriously making me hungry… I had brinner last night, so with that craving knocked out of the way, I’m thinking I’m free to do some experimenting tonight.

Happy Friday!
Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted... eating my weight in fruit .

9 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More January 25, 2013 at 9:14 am

There must be something in the air today because I’m pretty pumped too! Happy Friday!!
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..Good news! Fitness Friday!

10 Avery @ Southern Belle Living Well January 25, 2013 at 9:20 am

Why is it that chicken and avocado are always just so darn delicious together? ;) enjoy your Friday!
Avery @ Southern Belle Living Well recently posted..Mini Plate Me

11 Sarah @PickyRunner January 25, 2013 at 9:24 am

You’re going to have so much fun! Have a great weekend :)
Good for you on nailing down 4 days of workouts! That’s great!
Sarah @PickyRunner recently posted..Versatile Blogger Award: J-Term Edition

12 Brittany @ GOtheXtraMile January 25, 2013 at 9:30 am

Ahhh that avocado chicken parm look insanely delicious!! I must make that! How come I’ve never though of PB2 in yogurt? Genius :D
Brittany @ GOtheXtraMile recently posted..You May Need More Calories Than You Think

13 Michelle@Peachy Palate January 25, 2013 at 9:34 am

Well done on the workouts, when you set goals and meet them on a given week it really does feel awesome – also dessert looks delicious!
Michelle@Peachy Palate recently posted..Coconutty Kick

14 Jana @ Happy Wife Healthy Life January 25, 2013 at 9:38 am

Great job on the work outs this week! I agree with you, I seem to be much better at finding time when I set up a plan and a schedule! So far I have done three days this week, and am hoping to get in two more by Sunday! Enjoy your Friday! :)
Jana @ Happy Wife Healthy Life recently posted..Peanut Butter Lovin’

15 Cassie @ RedLetterDaye January 25, 2013 at 9:43 am

All of your yogurt bowls/messes/desserts always look so delicious, but after years of greek yogurt, I developed an aversion to eating it. :/ Someday soon we will make amends. ;)
Cassie @ RedLetterDaye recently posted..A case against YOLO

16 Lindsay January 25, 2013 at 9:48 am

Huge props for sticking to your workout this week! It’s a struggle to get up that early every day, and you made it happen! Starbucks’ caramel macchiato is my favorite drink on the menu! Iced or hot, I could take it either way. Happy Friday!!

17 Traci January 25, 2013 at 9:52 am

I treated myself to a Friday Starbucks, too, after completing one of your 30 minute treadmill workouts. I LOVE those workouts- it makes the time go by so much quicker and I feel like I’m actually challenging myself. Thanks so much AND congrats on getting back into a routine!!

18 Katie @ running4cupcakes January 25, 2013 at 10:06 am

avocado makes everything better, I totally agree! And Cody is so adorable in that picture. My puppy sometimes curls up like that – I wish we could do that too, because it just looks so nice!
Katie @ running4cupcakes recently posted..9 months

19 Kathryn January 25, 2013 at 10:09 am

Thanks to issues with my son, and the holiday, I haven’t gotten to do my full workout this week. Our apartment complex has a workout room, with a treadmill, but it’s small and there’s nothing for a 4 year old to do. I was originally planning on doing an hour on the treadmill 3 days this week, but have only had the chance to do 2 sessions, and one of them had to be cut short at only 20 minutes. However, every day I’ve been going to this youtube channel, Fitness Blender, and doing the 8 minute ab workout. It’s perfect for someone like me, who hasn’t really worked out in a year. Today I’m going to see about some of their other channels. I’d like to work out today, but my son’s home from school, which means my workout has to be at home.
Kathryn recently posted..2013 So Far

20 Silvia @ skinny jeans fod January 25, 2013 at 10:14 am

Cody with his excellent cat hearing probably has heard baby tooth’s heartbeat and tries to keep him/her warm and protected ;-)
Silvia @ skinny jeans fod recently posted..Gangsta weather

21 Natalie @ Free Range Human January 25, 2013 at 10:15 am

I really need to try this cookie dough Greek yogurt creation! I have a vanilla Greek yogurt in the fridge ready to go!
Natalie @ Free Range Human recently posted..Yes, Please Pump Me Full Of Hormones!

22 Eva @ Committed2Nutrition January 25, 2013 at 10:16 am

UMMM chicken avocado parm?? YES PLEASE!!! avocado makes EVERYTHING better, in my opinion :) I am also very impressed by your morning work outs.. I’m not even pregnant and I can’t for the life of me wake up before work to work out, ha!
Eva @ Committed2Nutrition recently posted..It’s been how long?

23 Linz @ Itz Linz January 25, 2013 at 10:18 am

Yeaaaaah! Go girl!
Linz @ Itz Linz recently posted..Healthy Living Excitement in St. Louis

24 Lauren January 25, 2013 at 10:21 am

Okay, this is the 3rd time I’ve seen this chicken parm recipe and now I think I need to make it! It looks fantastic and anything topped with avocado is something I’m all about.

PS- What do you think of the Dannon L&F Greek yogurt? I saw these on sale but just couldn’t bring myself to try them because I never had good experiences with Light and Fit before. Wondering if the Greek is any different.
Lauren recently posted..Chicago Updates

25 Meghan @ After the Ivy League January 25, 2013 at 10:46 am

I am finally falling back into a regular fitness routine too and it feels absolutely wonderful. For awhile I was way too busy with grad school + work, then the holidays, then I got the flu! Finally I’m 100% healthy again and it feels great to be hitting the gym regularly. I have a major craving right now for some PB + vanilla yogurt!
Meghan @ After the Ivy League recently posted..My First Tempo Run and A Survey

26 Rachel @ RMinNYC January 25, 2013 at 10:46 am

I mean, it is a fact that avocado makes everything better so it totally makes sense that it turned this chicken parm into awesome!
Rachel @ RMinNYC recently posted..Nothing like a little Botox to get this pre-op party started…

27 Tara | Treble in the Kitchen January 25, 2013 at 11:24 am

Happy Friday!! Looks like your day is already off to an amazing start :) TGIF!
Tara | Treble in the Kitchen recently posted..Happy Birthday Brenna!

28 Nicole January 25, 2013 at 11:32 am

Four days in a row….woot woot!! That dessert looks sooo gooooood!

29 kim@hungryhealthygirl January 25, 2013 at 11:35 am

I already have dessert planned tonight! After seening the yogurt mix here and on lunchbox diaries…you guys have given me a major craving!
kim@hungryhealthygirl recently posted..Link Love

30 Jenna @ Crazy Healthy Fit January 25, 2013 at 11:42 am

Have fun tonight! That dessert looks amazing. Well, add chocolate chips to anything and it’ll look amazing to me :-)
Jenna @ Crazy Healthy Fit recently posted..Computer Vision Syndrome: Learn More About Symptoms of CVS

31 Khushboo January 25, 2013 at 11:47 am

Avocado melts?? Must try stat- yuMm!
Khushboo recently posted..Four for Friday

32 Melanie January 25, 2013 at 12:37 pm

Nice job on the workouts! Your dinner looks AMAZING!

33 Sarah@makingthymeforhealth January 25, 2013 at 12:54 pm

That dinner does look delicious. I love avocado and tomatoes together.
I love your yogurt toppings too. I always mix dark chocolate chips with chia in my vanilla yogurt but i haven’t tried pb2 and animal crackers! That sounds sooo good.
Sarah@makingthymeforhealth recently posted..No Bull Burgers + How to Roast Beets

34 Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl January 25, 2013 at 1:17 pm

Avocado and parmesan sounds like an amazing combination. But, then again, I pretty much love avocado with just about anything! ;)

That dessert looks AMAZING! I absolutely love the Dannon Light ‘N Fit Greek vanilla yogurt. It seriously tastes like eating vanilla frosting. I always pair it with fresh berries, but I will definitely have to try the sweeter route with the PB and chocolate. There is no way that it cannot be good!
Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl recently posted..Peanut Butter Coconut Chickpeas + Cauliflower Rice

35 Chelsea @ Cardio and Cocktails January 25, 2013 at 1:30 pm

Way to go with the workouts, I’m finally starting to get back in the groove too! It’s definitely opened my eyes back up to working out because I like it and it makes me happy rather than to see results on the scale. Yay for the 2nd trimester!
Chelsea @ Cardio and Cocktails recently posted..Heart Workout

36 Kelsey@ kelseyruns January 25, 2013 at 1:48 pm

I pinned that recipe too! I wasn’t sure about the avocado but it looks like it’s a winner, I’ll have to try it soon! Cody is just the cutest!
Kelsey@ kelseyruns recently posted..Happy Friday!

37 Danica @ It's Progression January 25, 2013 at 1:50 pm

Congrats on the 4 days of workouts this week!! Getting back into a routine is always an awesome accomplishment.
Danica @ It’s Progression recently posted..sick.

38 Sara @ fitcupcaker January 25, 2013 at 2:16 pm

I just bought the chocolate PB2 last night…I had it in my protein shake after the gym today and it was great..I cant wait to try some new desserts (healthy ones) at that!
Also how do you get the comment luv at the bottom of your blog?
Sara @ fitcupcaker recently posted..Thursday Motivation

39 Courtney January 25, 2013 at 4:56 pm

It’s a plugin! Just search for comment luv, I believe!

40 Lauren January 25, 2013 at 3:41 pm

Eee! Pregnancy DVDs. So exciting :-) I love getting any new workout DVDs just to try something new. Things DO get stale really fast.

Your greek yogurt snack looks really yummy. Mayyyy need to try this! Except Snackimals in place of cat cookies!

41 Ashlee January 25, 2013 at 4:14 pm

Holiday kick of in January!? I remember you posting about that last year…sounds like a fun time!!

42 Annette@FitnessPerks January 25, 2013 at 4:19 pm

Nice job on all the workouts!!

That dessert sounds like awesomeness…. I love yogurt & choc chips together.
Annette@FitnessPerks recently posted..6 Things You Don’t Know About Me

43 Ellie@Fit for the Soul January 25, 2013 at 4:33 pm

I’ve never tried those snacks/meals at starbucks, only the protein tray with fruit. :) And I hope you guys have so much fun at the party!!!
Ellie@Fit for the Soul recently posted..Selah and Headache Be Gone

44 Danielle @ Truffles n' Treadmills January 25, 2013 at 5:42 pm

Have you tried the starbucks spiced vanilla latte yet?! So gooood
Danielle @ Truffles n’ Treadmills recently posted..The New Late Night Option

45 Colleen January 25, 2013 at 6:09 pm

YAY! Great job on the workouts. And that chicken looks amazing. Me and avocado have become BFF’s since getting pregnant! Add cheese and chicken to the mix and I’m in heaven!

46 Katie @ Skinny Minnie Moves January 25, 2013 at 7:19 pm

happy friday to u too! I am so glad its the weekend. yogurt looks yum!
Katie @ Skinny Minnie Moves recently posted..Snowy Surprises

47 Bek @ Crave January 25, 2013 at 8:32 pm

Awesome post! Good job on the workouts and that ‘healthy’ dessert is defs my kind of thing- love crushing up a bikkie with some chocolate and banana in yogurt. THE best. :)

Have fun at the party- don’t get too loose ;)

Oh and the avo parmy looks so good! Must try :)
Bek @ Crave recently posted..Australia Day Eats

48 ashley@cupcakesncrunches January 25, 2013 at 9:41 pm

Way to go for getting in 4 solid workouts!

That dessert looks delicious. I just realized, I consumed ice-cream every night this week…I’m not sure if that makes this an awesome week or a really bad week? haha
ashley@cupcakesncrunches recently posted..Holy Hamstrings!

49 Brittany January 25, 2013 at 10:58 pm

Your dessert looks delicious! Great job on the workouts!

50 Alicia @ NeverEverBeenSkinny January 26, 2013 at 12:23 am

That chicken looks so good! It is now on my list of things to try! Happy Friday hope you have a great weekend!
Alicia @ NeverEverBeenSkinny recently posted..Friday Weigh In

51 Kristen @ notsodomesticated January 26, 2013 at 7:13 am

That dessert looks delicious! I may need to try that one!
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..Red Velvet Blondies (with my favorite cream cheese frosting!)

52 Brittany @ DulceVie January 26, 2013 at 9:38 am

Good job with the workouts! That yogurt looks delish!
Brittany @ DulceVie recently posted..Friday Faves: Tv Show Edition

53 Emily @ Hungry Delights January 27, 2013 at 4:29 am

Awww your dinner looks soo good! I have to try this out! I need to find a bit more of a groove with my workouts too.. they kinda went on the wayside at Christmas time.. slowly getting there though :)
Emily @ Hungry Delights recently posted..Friday Ramblings

54 Kellie April 15, 2014 at 2:05 pm

May sound like a silly question, but how do you heat up your frozen chicken? We always have frozen chicken but haven’t found a good way to quickly heat it, without having it thaw in the fridge for 2 days first… which defeats the purpose of having it on hand for easy & quick meals! Just wondering what works for you!

55 Courtney April 15, 2014 at 8:44 pm

Haha, good question! We usually try to take the chicken out the night before. Otherwise, we’ll just defrost it in the microwave (watching it carefully so it doesn’t begin to really cook!)