Four Days This Week!

Alright, you guys ready for this?

Not ONLY did I find the motivation to get my workout in last night, but I ALSO got myself up this morning for another one. Check me out!

Last night’s routine went a little something like this:

• 20 minutes interval walking (alternating 1-2 minutes @ 5.0 / 2 minutes @4.5mph)
  • 20 minutes 10lb. Slimdown Total Body DVD

This morning, I did a slightly shortened version of the 45 minute treadmill walk, finishing in about 35 minutes, and I feel GREAT. I completed four days of workouts this week (rest day Wednesday), which was my original goal, so I’m obviously super stoked. It just feels soooo good to finally feel like I’m getting back into a routine. I can’t tell you how much I’ve missed it.

Also exciting, is the fact that my new workout DVD’s should be arriving today, so I’ll be able to switch up my routine a bit more. To be honest, I’ve kind of been cycling through the same three workouts the past couple of weeks and if I don’t switch it up son, things are going to get stale. I think it’s about time to print out some of the other walking treadmill workouts that I have posted, incorporate my new DVD’s, and go to town!

Last Night’s Dinner

Soooo, I know I told you guys I was probably going the “brinner” route for dinner last night, but once I was finished with my workout, I was suddenly craving something different.

A couple of weeks ago, I saw a pin on Pinterest for some sort of chicken parm with avocado. I actually repinned it but didn’t include it in my latest Pinterest post because I didn’t think I’d get to it anytime soon. But the greatest thing about this meal was that I literally threw it together in less than 10 minutes…no recipe required.

I simply heated up a piece of frozen chicken (we usually have a bag on hand), then I topped it with some Grandpa Pete’s garlic sauce (basically like a bruschetta topping), almost half of an avocado, and some mozzarella cheese, and popped it under the broiler. Before I knew it, I had this incredible thing waiting for me.

And all I can say is, WOW. Adding the avocado on there absolutely made the dish, no doubt about it. And while my little can of beets with sprinkled with sea salt were certainly yummy, they didn’t hold a candle to that chicken. YUM!

After dinner, I ran out to take care of a quick errand, came back home, painted my nails, and we caught up on our DVR. While we were watching the season finale of American Horror Story (craziest show out there, if you ask me!), I decided to whip up a quick dessert.

See…I told you I’d have it again. ;) This creation, however, was slightly different from Wednesday night. This time, I mixed a vanilla Greek yogurt with 2 tbsp chocolate PB2 (already mixed with water, not the powder alone), chocolate chips, and a few crumbled TJ’s cat cookies.

THIS, my friends, was a perfect dessert. Fairly healthy (when you compare it to the ice cream I could have dug in to), the perfect amount of sweetness, combined with chocolate, peanut butter, and a little crunch.

I want one of these every day for the rest of my life.

As I finished up my dessert, my buddy came up to chill with me, and wound up leaving me stuck on the couch for another good hour.

Granted, I could have gotten up sooner…but he just looked so darn comfy.

And before that, he was literally curled up right on top of my (growing) belly, so I think he was trying to get some special bonding time with Baby Tooth. ;)

*****

This morning, it is Friday and I. Am. Pumped. So much so, that I’m treating myself to a Starbucks breakfast, which will look almost identical to what you see here

Except I’m thinking that a decaf, nonfat caramel macchiato sounds a lot better than a decaf coffee.

Tonight, Jay and I have his work’s holiday kick off party which, if you remember from last year, is sure to be a great time. Only difference is I won’t be buzzed off wine and eating late night pizza.

Well, no promises on the pizza. ;)

Happy Fridayyyyy!!

Comments

AHS was nuts!! What on earth is going to happen next season? That dessert looks phenomenal. And I do that with my cat too…I feel bad moving when she’s on me, and in turn it gives me an excuse to lay down a little while longer ;) Have fun at your party!
    Allison recently posted..Blank Mind + Surveys

Mmm – I love pickled beets! I haven’t had them in quite a while, though.
    Don’tcha just hate when your pet won’t let you get off the couch? ;-) Shane and I use “Niko won’t let me get up, though!” when one of us has to get up to get something (usually dessert, lol)
    Paige @ Your Trainer Paige recently posted..Friday 5

Huge props for sticking to your workout this week! It’s a struggle to get up that early every day, and you made it happen! Starbucks’ caramel macchiato is my favorite drink on the menu! Iced or hot, I could take it either way. Happy Friday!!

4. Traci says

I treated myself to a Friday Starbucks, too, after completing one of your 30 minute treadmill workouts. I LOVE those workouts- it makes the time go by so much quicker and I feel like I’m actually challenging myself. Thanks so much AND congrats on getting back into a routine!!

Thanks to issues with my son, and the holiday, I haven’t gotten to do my full workout this week. Our apartment complex has a workout room, with a treadmill, but it’s small and there’s nothing for a 4 year old to do. I was originally planning on doing an hour on the treadmill 3 days this week, but have only had the chance to do 2 sessions, and one of them had to be cut short at only 20 minutes. However, every day I’ve been going to this youtube channel, Fitness Blender, and doing the 8 minute ab workout. It’s perfect for someone like me, who hasn’t really worked out in a year. Today I’m going to see about some of their other channels. I’d like to work out today, but my son’s home from school, which means my workout has to be at home.
    Kathryn recently posted..2013 So Far

Okay, this is the 3rd time I’ve seen this chicken parm recipe and now I think I need to make it! It looks fantastic and anything topped with avocado is something I’m all about.

PS- What do you think of the Dannon L&F Greek yogurt? I saw these on sale but just couldn’t bring myself to try them because I never had good experiences with Light and Fit before. Wondering if the Greek is any different.
    Lauren recently posted..Chicago Updates

I am finally falling back into a regular fitness routine too and it feels absolutely wonderful. For awhile I was way too busy with grad school + work, then the holidays, then I got the flu! Finally I’m 100% healthy again and it feels great to be hitting the gym regularly. I have a major craving right now for some PB + vanilla yogurt!
    Meghan @ After the Ivy League recently posted..My First Tempo Run and A Survey

Avocado and parmesan sounds like an amazing combination. But, then again, I pretty much love avocado with just about anything! ;)

That dessert looks AMAZING! I absolutely love the Dannon Light ‘N Fit Greek vanilla yogurt. It seriously tastes like eating vanilla frosting. I always pair it with fresh berries, but I will definitely have to try the sweeter route with the PB and chocolate. There is no way that it cannot be good!
    Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl recently posted..Peanut Butter Coconut Chickpeas + Cauliflower Rice

Way to go with the workouts, I’m finally starting to get back in the groove too! It’s definitely opened my eyes back up to working out because I like it and it makes me happy rather than to see results on the scale. Yay for the 2nd trimester!
    Chelsea @ Cardio and Cocktails recently posted..Heart Workout

I just bought the chocolate PB2 last night…I had it in my protein shake after the gym today and it was great..I cant wait to try some new desserts (healthy ones) at that!
    Also how do you get the comment luv at the bottom of your blog?
    Sara @ fitcupcaker recently posted..Thursday Motivation

Eee! Pregnancy DVDs. So exciting :-) I love getting any new workout DVDs just to try something new. Things DO get stale really fast.

Your greek yogurt snack looks really yummy. Mayyyy need to try this! Except Snackimals in place of cat cookies!

YAY! Great job on the workouts. And that chicken looks amazing. Me and avocado have become BFF’s since getting pregnant! Add cheese and chicken to the mix and I’m in heaven!

Awesome post! Good job on the workouts and that ‘healthy’ dessert is defs my kind of thing- love crushing up a bikkie with some chocolate and banana in yogurt. THE best. :)

Have fun at the party- don’t get too loose ;)

Oh and the avo parmy looks so good! Must try :)
    Bek @ Crave recently posted..Australia Day Eats

14. Kellie says

May sound like a silly question, but how do you heat up your frozen chicken? We always have frozen chicken but haven’t found a good way to quickly heat it, without having it thaw in the fridge for 2 days first… which defeats the purpose of having it on hand for easy & quick meals! Just wondering what works for you!

• Courtney says

Haha, good question! We usually try to take the chicken out the night before. Otherwise, we’ll just defrost it in the microwave (watching it carefully so it doesn’t begin to really cook!)

Trackbacks