Funny and Entertaining

by Courtney on January 26, 2013

Such a fun night with this guy last night!

And I really need to start using the flash on my iPhone. Whoops.

As I mentioned yesterday, last night was Jay’s company party which was an awesome time. I got to spend some time catching up with the guys and girls that he works with, and we definitely all had a few good laughs throughout the evening.

Originally, I wasn’t really planning on taking too many photos, but then one of Jay’s co-workers who reads the blog (hi, Tracey!) said I should totally got a pic of the food. Allllright, twist my arm!

The dinner was a buffet, and I loaded up with just about everything they had…salad, green beans, vegetarian lasagna, bacon horseradish scalloped potatoes(!) and chicken. It was all totally delicious and I finished just about all of it, except for some of the salad. Go figure. Winking smile

Shortly after dinner, they also had a dessert buffet which we all totally dominated. Okay, maybe I dominated it, but still. There were a few different kinds of cheesecakes, a variety of sauces, and fresh berries…but then a little while later, we found out there was tiramisu.

So naturally, I made Jay go get me a piece to try. I had a few bites and left it at that, but it was goooood.

Once the food portion of the night was over, the entertainment started. The first entertainer was a magician, who had some pretty crazy tricks up his sleeve. I’m always amazed by magicians, if we’re going to be honest. I mean, really, how DO they do some of what they do? Boggles my mind.

The second entertainer was an escape artist called “Jason Escape,” who claimed he would be able to escape from a straight jacket WITH 75 feet of rope wrapped around him. As he was going through his spiel, he wound up looking around the room for volunteers. Sure enough…

Jay got picked. Winking smile

He was most likely mortified, but he did a great job playing along, which made the whole skit even more funny and entertaining.

Of course, the escape artist did manage to get himself untied and out of the straight jacket, but I swear his limbs are just not normal. Ca-raaaaazy.

After the entertainment, there were some awards, and Jay’s team wound up winning the big award for the night, “Team of the Year,” which was really exciting, and totally well deserved.

The party died down fairly quickly after that, so we wound up heading out shortly after. No late night pizza this year, but it was definitely still a great night out!

This morning, we allowed ourselves to sleep in (almost 10 hours, baby!), then I did a little cleaning while Jay ran out to the store. While he was out, he ended up picking me up a decaf coffee from DD’s (swoon),

and now he has offered to make me oatmeal red raspberry pancakes for breakfast, just like my favorite ones from Café Madison. Talk about a great start to the day, right? Smile

1 Danielle @ Truffles n' Treadmills January 26, 2013 at 11:04 am

That sounds like a fun night! Your dinner looks delicious and I lovee your nail color in the DD picture :)
Danielle @ Truffles n’ Treadmills recently posted..The New Late Night Option

2 Lisa January 26, 2013 at 11:06 am

Seems like such a fun night! I still have yet to try Dunkin Donuts coffee, well we don’t have one here, but I think I’m too addicted to Starbucks to try something else.
Lisa recently posted..11 Fun Facts

3 Marielle January 26, 2013 at 11:09 am

I would love to see a magician and an escape artist at a party, that’s so fun! Have a great weekend :)
Marielle recently posted..Ballet Butt Workout

4 Mallory January 26, 2013 at 11:14 am

You and Jay are such a cute couple. Very inspiring! It seems like you have such a great marriage. And Courtney you are just beautiful!

5 Courtney January 26, 2013 at 11:45 am

Aww, thank you Mallory! I consider myself extremely lucky to have the guy that I have. :)

6 Jenna @ Crazy Healthy Fit January 26, 2013 at 11:18 am

I just had waffles for breakfast, and those pancakes sound amaaazing :-)
Jenna @ Crazy Healthy Fit recently posted..Computer Vision Syndrome: Learn More About Symptoms of CVS

7 My Neon Running Shoes January 26, 2013 at 11:39 am

Awesome start to the day! And sounds like such a fun night! You and Jay look great in that first picture :-)
My Neon Running Shoes recently posted..Rebellious strollers, run away hairbrushes, and sneaky hands

8 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey January 26, 2013 at 11:41 am

Can i come over for pancakes? Lucky girl! You sound like you had a good night last night. Me? I fell asleep on the couch at 6:30 and managed to coax myself into bed by 9. Yuup.
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..fun facts friday

9 Courtney January 26, 2013 at 11:45 am

Bahahaha…you party animal! ;)

10 Khushboo January 26, 2013 at 11:53 am

Jay has official raised the bar for all men around ;)! Congrats to him and his team for winning the award!
Khushboo recently posted..Four for Friday

11 Courtney January 26, 2013 at 12:39 pm

Hahahaha :)

12 kim@hungryhealthygirl January 26, 2013 at 11:55 am

I could never pass up tiramisu! Looks like a super fun night!
kim@hungryhealthygirl recently posted..Book Review of Divergent

13 Angel January 26, 2013 at 11:57 am

That sounds like one of the better company parties ive heard of! What does Jay do?

14 Courtney January 26, 2013 at 12:38 pm

Haha, it was definitely fun! He’s a network engineer :)

15 Linz @ Itz Linz January 26, 2013 at 11:59 am

Def looks like a fun night! Over the summer my family went to Mexico and my grandpa went on stage for a “dance competition.” It was freaking hilarious and he ended up winning! (The crowd loved his moves – even at 84 years old!!)
Linz @ Itz Linz recently posted..Healthy Living Excitement in St. Louis

16 Courtney January 26, 2013 at 12:37 pm

Hahaha, that’s great!!

17 Ashley January 26, 2013 at 12:04 pm

Looks like a fun night ! Will have to try bacon horseradish scalloped potatoes in the future, never thought of that combination before.
Ashley recently posted..No More Chinese, but Will Take More Snow

18 Courtney January 26, 2013 at 12:38 pm

Yeah, I hadn’t either but they were awesome!

19 Nicole @ Fruit 'N' Fitness January 26, 2013 at 12:19 pm

Glad you had a fun night! Jay sounds like such a sweet guy!! I love pancakes, i wish they turned out when i made them at home.

20 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake January 26, 2013 at 12:29 pm

Oatmeal red raspberry pancakes? Um, yum! My husband worked late last night, so he’s still sleeping. I’m going to wake up him and let him know what other husbands of the blog world are doing! lol
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..NuNaturals Giveaway

21 Courtney January 26, 2013 at 12:38 pm

LOL. Good luck :)

22 Avery @ Southern Belle Living Well January 26, 2013 at 12:48 pm

What a great evening! Red raspberry pancakes? Take him up on that offer. Right. Now.
Avery @ Southern Belle Living Well recently posted..Opam Gangam Style

23 Lauren January 26, 2013 at 12:58 pm

Aww! What an amazing husband! He was probably hoping if he made you those pancakes you wouldn’t post embarrassing pictures of him getting picked out of the group! ;-)
Lauren recently posted..Friday Favorites

24 Amanda @ .running with spoons. January 26, 2013 at 1:16 pm

Ohhh tiramisu… be still my pounding heart. Sounds like a great night and perhaps even a better morning? You and Jay seriously make the sweetest couple. I hope the rest of your Saturday is just as good!
Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted... productivity at its finest .

25 Melanie @ Beautifully Nutty January 26, 2013 at 1:31 pm

What a sweetheart of a man! You so deserve it.
Melanie @ Beautifully Nutty recently posted..Baked Vegetable Marinara

26 Sarah @PickyRunner January 26, 2013 at 1:41 pm

That sounds like so much fun!!!! Obviously, the dessert is what does it for me but the actual event itself is really nice! I’m glad you guys had such a great night out, and that husband of yours is definitely a keeper ;)
Sarah @PickyRunner recently posted..Weights

27 alyssa January 26, 2013 at 2:04 pm

You look GLOWING in that picture! Even without a flash ;)
alyssa recently posted..The Most Random Blog Post Ever

28 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles January 26, 2013 at 2:06 pm

Congrats to Jay and his team! And making you a pancake breakfast? That’s a winner right there.
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..Five Thing Friday: Pinterest Edition.

29 Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl January 26, 2013 at 2:16 pm

Aww, what a sweet hubby you have! He is definitely treating you right! I know they say that the way to a man’s heart is through his stomach, but let’s be real…it is totally true for us girls, too!! ;)

I have actually never tried tiramisu…I must be missing out, huh?
Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl recently posted..Peanut Butter Coconut Chickpeas + Cauliflower Rice

30 Kristen @ notsodomesticated January 26, 2013 at 2:19 pm

Wow, what a fun night and morning!! You guys are such a cute couple. :)
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..Red Velvet Blondies (with my favorite cream cheese frosting!)

31 Michelle@Peachy Palate January 26, 2013 at 2:34 pm

Sounds like a good night- pancakes sound AMAZING! Hope you’re having a good day!
Michelle@Peachy Palate recently posted..Giving yourself a boost

32 Sara @ fitcupcaker January 26, 2013 at 2:34 pm

Oatmeal raspberry pancakes, yum!
Sara @ fitcupcaker recently posted..Fantastic Friday

33 Sara @ LovingOnTheRun January 26, 2013 at 2:58 pm

Sounds like you had a GREAT night! I think when I do get pregnant one day the hardest part for me is going to be giving up caffine! I truly am an addict…maybe I should start trying to kick the habbit now so in a few years it is not as hard!

34 Stephanie @ Steph's Miles January 26, 2013 at 3:02 pm

You have the sweetest husband ever! So glad you had a fun start to the weekend. Enjoy the rest of it!
Stephanie @ Steph’s Miles recently posted..Musings from the Week, 1/25

35 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More January 26, 2013 at 5:37 pm

He picked up coffee and offered to make breakfast? You got a good guy there, hang onto him! ;)
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..If You’re Anything Like Me

36 Angela January 26, 2013 at 5:45 pm

Magicians blow my mind also. SO crazy.
Angela recently posted..Throwback Thursday {take three}

37 Natalie @ Free Range Human January 26, 2013 at 6:43 pm

I think that guy’s a keeper!
Natalie @ Free Range Human recently posted..Yes, Please Pump Me Full Of Hormones!

38 Karen @ Runner Girl Eats January 26, 2013 at 9:19 pm

Those pancakes sound fantastic! Glad you are enjoying the day :)
Karen @ Runner Girl Eats recently posted..A fried egg sandwich and a scaredy cat

39 Brittany @ DulceVie January 26, 2013 at 10:00 pm

Looks like you guys had a great time!!
Brittany @ DulceVie recently posted..Friday Faves: Tv Show Edition

40 Kate January 26, 2013 at 10:07 pm

That sounds like a fun evening – the bread on your dinner plate looks fantastic!
And oatmeal red raspberry pancakes sound AWESOME. I might have to find a recipe for that somewhere!
x
Kate recently posted..Breakfast: The Most Delicious Meal of the Day

41 Emily @ Hungry Delights January 27, 2013 at 4:31 am

Looks like a super fun night – congrats to Jay and his team for their award :)
Emily @ Hungry Delights recently posted..Friday Ramblings

42 Jessica @ Prayers and Apples January 27, 2013 at 8:52 am

I’m reading in the morning and that buffet food *still* looks delicious lol :)
Jessica @ Prayers and Apples recently posted..Matthew 7:15-20

43 Blogging Runner January 27, 2013 at 9:38 am

Oatmeal raspberry pancakes for breakfast sound amazing! :) Glad you guys had a fun night out!
Blogging Runner recently posted..Randomness and Planks

44 Bek @ Crave January 28, 2013 at 2:19 am

Sounds like a great weekend! I love my partner’s work parties- they always have great food and entertainment.
Bek @ Crave recently posted..Will A Taste Morph Into A Binge