New Workout, New Workout Gear

Soooo, I finally got my order from Amazon yesterday!

photo 2 (2)

I’m crazy excited to start reading the Baby Bargains book, but even more pumped about my new workout DVD’s.

I’ll most likely do a review of all three of them once I’ve had a chance to try them all, but this morning I got my day started bright and early (5:30am) with a little Pilates. :)

photo 3 (2)

As I was reviewing a bunch of various workout DVD’s online, this 10 Minute Solution Prenatal Pilates got a ton of great reviews. It’s also the same instructor that leads my long-time favorite pilates DVD so I was excited to give it a try.

*FYI: I’ve added a new “Pregnancy” category to my Amazon store, so any additional items I come across and love will be added to it, in case you’re interested!

photo 4 (2)

So with the pilates DVD, there are (5) 10-minute workouts that can either be used all together or individually. This morning, I decided to try 3 out of the 5 workouts, for a 30-minute workout. I’ll get more into each individual workout another time, but I WILL tell you that I already LOVED these. They were great!

So while I was working out this morning, I was also sporting some brand new gear, courtesy of Reebok.

Recently, Reebok partnered with the Founder of Strala Yoga, Tara Stiles, to launch a new line of yoga gear for their Studio Collection. We actually learned a bit about it when I last visited HQ in November, so I was super excited when it arrived in the mail.

Note…this picture was taken the other night. NOT at 5:30am this morning. ;)

So let’s talk about the tops first, since I am in love with both of them.

The sports bra is the Yoga Short Bra (in wicked blue), and it fits me great.

I’ll be honest, there’s not many sports bras I get crazy over. Mostly, it’s because I (usually) have a small chest so they all just make me look all flat and blah up there. So no matter what, I always invest in sports bras that have cups added, and this one has just that.

They’re also removable, which will be really helpful when it comes time to wash it (nothing worse than the crumpled, folded pads inside bras and bathing suits, am I right?!)

The other top that is layered over the sports bra is the Yoga Tee (in white) and I can tell you that this item is my favorite out of the three. No doubt.

This tee features PlayDry technology, and both the fit and fabric are just perfect. The fabric is a super soft, thin fabric which is ridiculously comfy and would work great for going from workout to running errands. Call me crazy, but I feel like this shirt could totally be incorporated into a cute outfit for going out at night (add a black or silver tank underneath, with maybe a black cardigan and a long necklace?).

I dunno…maybe I’ll give it a shot!

I’m also loving that the fabric is super stretchy and the fit is already relaxed…meaning I should still be able to get plenty of wear out of it as Baby Tooth grows. :)

The bottoms that I received are the Yoga Capri Tight (in black).

I’m really not too picky when it comes to workout bottoms, except for one thing…the waistband. There is nothing worse than a waistband that winds up digging into your sides and giving you extra, unnecessary muffin tops.

These bottoms, however, which are very similar to a few other pairs of Reebok capris that I own and love, have a wide waistband that doesn’t dig in and sits comfortably at the waist.

There’s also plenty of room for them to sit under the bump as it grows, so actually, this whole outfit is definitely one I can foresee using throughout my pregnancy. Gotta love that…no special maternity workout gear required! ;)

As always, you guys know I am totally honest with my reviews. If I do not like something, I’ll let you know. This latest package from Reebok, however, was totally right up my alley. I’m loving ALL of it and recommend any of the pieces to anyone!

Questions for the Afternoon:

• What’s the last new piece of workout clothing that you bought yourself?
  • Do you have any “must haves” when looking to invest in workout clothes?

Comments

1. Amanda says

Is that your new watch in that picture, Courtney? I love it. Do you have small wrists? Sorry, weird question. I have small wrists and I’m looking for a nice watch that won’t be so bulky.

Ahh love that top!! I like how it’s off the shoulders. I’m always looking for somewhat unique workout tops. I get bored wearing the same ones over and over again! I’m actually a big fan of target sports bras. I don’t like the built in cups even though I literally wear kids sized bras haha
    Sarah @PickyRunner recently posted..I’m bad at “firsts”

3. Laura says

Hey girl! I am a long time reader (never commenter), recipe maker of your blog! First of all, congrats on your precious blessing!!! I am so excited for yall:) I had to comment because I just had my first child in June and throughout my WHOLE pregnancy I did the 10 minute toning solutions DVD that you have and I LOVED it! I swear it helped me to get my pre-baby body back faster (along with some ellipticaling)! You look so beautiful and are doing such a great job with the pregnancy… keep it up mama and you will feel great now, throughout, and after! :)

• Courtney says

Hey Laura! Thanks so much for letting me know! Your review sounds JUST like so many others I read, so I’m super excited!!

Cute workout gear! And, it’s going to look even cuter when your Baby Tooth bump grows. :D I totally agree that the top could be worn for an evening out. That happens to me with workout gear – I need some new gear so I buy it but then love it so much that it turns into everyday wear and I need to get more workout gear. Lol.
    Ali @ WHOLEistically Fit recently posted..Sexy Like A Cheerleader, Strong Like A Linebacker Super Bowl Workout

Capri pants, similar to what you have, something that isn’t going to fall up to my waist when I’m on my back in the gym. Also, I HAVE to have a good, supportive sports bra and prefer workout tops with the built-in bra, too. That way, I get extra support. I don’t like the girls to be all over the place, it hurts too bad.
    Kathryn recently posted..We’re Going To….

I love the workout top! You’re right, you could definitely wear that out! It would be a good top for someone who is pressed for time and wants to go from a group class/workout to go out with friends! Or someone who is planning on meeting someone to work out and go out to eat or something afterwards!

I love sports bras with extra padding, too. I always feel like if I sweat alot things might become a little bit too revealing for my taste, so the little extra padding is a nice back-up plan. haha!
    Lauren recently posted..Marvelous Monday!

Love the cute new workout gear! I agree with bottoms and the waistband, anything that falls down as I run and doesn’t stay in place is a no no and creates awkward pseudo-muffin tops for sure. The last workout clothes item I bought myself was a gray, long-sleeved Nike pullover (with thumb holes) that I absolutely love. Super soft and comfy. I had a Groupon which meant I grabbed it at 50% off!
    Meghan @ After the Ivy League recently posted..Banana Nut Pancakes

8. Marielle says

Ahh I love that workout shirt! And I was thinking that could be super cute with leggings and a scarf to wear when it working out. :)

ahh you make such a cute pregnant girly. :) I agree on the sports bra, ugh thats why i hate them most of the time! im going to have to try that one. super tight sports bras pushing my chest into flat nothings when working out so annoying! :/
    cassi recently posted..Chocolate Chip Banana Bread

That’s such a cute outfit on you. I went to lululemon a few weeks ago and spent way too much. Run bold in the cold top is so comfy and it has thumb holes which I love!

11. Kelsey Y. says

The last “new” workout clothes came from my recent trip to see my mom in Virginia Beach. I purchase A LOT of great pieces from Old Navy during their 40% off sale, and my workout wardrobe is happier! I also purchase two pieces from lululemon (which is always a treat…I buy one or two things, once or twice a year). Must haves? A comfy material, but one that also has some “technology” in it for when workouts get sweaty! In the market for new running sports bras and cold weather gear for half-marathon training starting in February!

12. Amy Glockner says

Hi Courtney,

Just a suggestion for workout videos for pregnancy. While I was pregnant with my twins I ws given Lindsay Brin’s trimester workouts. You can check them out at http://www.momsintofitness.com. She has a video for each trimester. They are wonderful. Be of luck. Being a mommy is the best!!!

13. Michelle says

You are glowing! I just recently bough a brand new HOT PINK Nike sports bra and a par of Brooks Pure Flows 2 , I am in love. My sports bras must be the “High Intensity” ones even though I’m a 32 A because running with those low intensity ones are no fun at all. TMI? Oh well;)

Ohhhh….liking that off-the-shoulder workout top! I think it is PERFECT for pregnancy; I looked all over for similar shirts earlier on with no luck. Maybe next bébé!

I also enjoyed the 10-minute pregnancy yoga DVD…however, I found that nothing was better than the money invested in prenatal yoga classes. Besides having great stretches and learning how to breathe through tough postures, I found it was wonderful to be in a room with other women who were experiencing the same things as me :)

15. Becky G says

You look beautiful! You’re going to love the Prenatal pilates even more as you continue to get bigger. I’m 24 weeks pregnant and I absolutely love this DVD! I started to get a bit of back pain the last couple of weeks and it would magically disappear after doing a few segments! Between this DVD and the elliptical, my weight gain has been right on track and I’m feeling good about my growing body. So many changes!

Trackbacks