Way Too Dangerous

Happy Tuesday, everyone! How’s the week going so far?

Yesterday wound up being a pretty busy day for me, from start to finish, and I never got a chance to come back and chat with you all…so let me fill ya in on some food highlights from my day!

First things first…this lunch. Ohhhh, this lunch.

photo 1

While we were shopping at TJ’s on Sunday, I wound up buying a package of their roast turkey breast…

It may not be thin sliced deli turkey, but it is safe for me to eat and well, it was pretty darn close to the real deal.

This was the first turkey sandwich I’ve had since, ohh I don’t know, mid-October? And I can’t even begin to tell you how tasty it was. I layered a couple slices of the turkey with some lettuce, tomatoes, bread and butter pickles, provolone cheese, and honey mustard, all on some Martin’s whole wheat potato bread.

photo 2

By the way, I would recommend that bread to ANYONE. It’s the same maker of the mini potato rolls I bought last week, and they are just SO good. The nutrition facts on this bread are pretty great too. LOVE it!

That sandwich kept me full for most of the afternoon, but around 4pm I started getting some tummy rumbles…so I snacked on two clementines and then proceeded to break into the trail mix that’s stashed in my desk.

This stuff is just wayyyy too dangerous to keep in my desk. Seriously. As soon as this bag is finished, no more bags of trail mix at work. And honestly, that’s saying a lot because I really don’t like calling things off limits. BUT… I. Have. Zero. Self. Control.

After work, Jay and I tag-teamed and made a quick dinner before heading back out the door again. On the menu?

Homemade pizzaaaaaa. :)

We bought a garlic and herb crust from Tj’s on Sunday (my favorite!) so we used that and topped everything with pizza sauce, mozz, a little cheddar, sauteed peppers and onions, broccoli (on my side), tomatoes, and chicken.

I cut two slices for myself and I easily could have gone back for a third if I really wanted to, but I managed to hold off.

It was gooooood. I just <3 pizza.

After dinner, we went over to visit our friends Josh & Erika for a couple of hours and drop off a baby shower gift that I’ve had for her for over a month because I missed her baby shower (she’s due this week!). Even though she isn’t due until Friday, I’m secretly (or not so secretly, since I told them) hoping that she goes tomorrow since, you know, it is a pretty awesome day and all. ;)

By the time we made it home, I really only had time to put together a lunch for today and snack on some dark chocolate before getting ready for bed. This means that I have NOT had a chance to watch The Bachelor yet, so no spoilers pleeeeease! But really…was it a good episode?

Question for the Morning:

Actually, I can’t think of anything good this morning…so how about you tell me one awesome thing about your day/week so far? I always love hearing happy, positive thoughts! :)

Comments

The Bachelor was really good! All I will say is that I definitely have a new favorite now :) Something happy about this week is that I officially started my own personal training business and got my first client 1 day later! Have a great day :)
    Allison recently posted..Finding “It”

It makes me feel better to hear you say you have no self control over the trail mix because I am completely in the same boat. One more bite…okay just one more bite…and then it’s gone! I can’t even buy it anymore.
    Bachelor was pretty good last night as usual. No spoilers though!
    One awesome thing this week so far…getting the book, “The Happiness Project” in the mail yesterday!
    Melanie @ Beautifully Nutty recently posted..My Holistic Approach to Digestive Health

Seriously, nothing is better than a homemade pizza on a busy night! :) Last night’s episode was good and I found another girl who I think is one if the top contenders! (Hint.. She is one of the girls who went on a single date…! I wasn’t sure how I felt about her at first, but now she is one of my favorites!
    Jana @ Happy Wife Healthy Life recently posted..Neat and Clean

4. Liz says

today is great because it is MY birthday. I have a awesome baby who turns 10 weeks tomorrow. We survived her first shots yesterday and she had a great nights sleep (as far as infants go). Going back to work wasn’t nearly as bad as i thought and i realized i could actually never be a SAHM. We are trying that new wine bar in Troy tonight, should be fun!

Trail mix is pretty dangerous for me as well, especially if it has chocolate in it. That and some fruits like grapes, watermelon, and blueberries are things that I have absolutely no self control with. One awesome thing about my week? Starting to plan for a Hawaiian vacation that I’ll be taking in the beginning of March :D Need to get away from this cold!
    Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted... breakfast like a king .

6. Libby says

I LOVE Target’s trail mix so much that I just can not keep it in the house BUT I am running my first marathon on Feb.17 in Jacksonville Fla. Running it with a great bunch of friends and guess what I am packing for the trip back??!! Trail Mix!!

Costco has this HUGE bag of trail mix that I love. I rarely buy it, because the bag is like $10, but it’s got lots of dried fruit, which I love. I eat it so fast, it’s crazy.

As for this week, due to some (secret) plans in the works later this year, I’m starting the Couch to 5k program today. I use to run in high school for exercise, but stopped. I really need to get some good running shoes soon, though.
    Kathryn recently posted..We’re Going To….

That pizza looks so good and I have to remember to buy some crust this weekend so I can make pizza next week. The Bachelor was pretty good last night. So far, I have loved spending all day yesterday with my little girl. Today, it’s back to work till 3pm but at least I get to see her later because I do miss those toddler giggles & hugs while I am at work. Have a great Tuesday!!

The only thing exciting in my life right now is that I’ve recently started phase 2 of Jamie Eason’s LiveFit plan, and I’m just psyched to have gotten this far. That’s a huge workout accomplishment for me. I also started C25K yesterday, and the goal is to be able to completely run my first 5K in May! That’s the only exciting thing going on for me right now.
    Beks recently posted..Musical Review: "Memphis"

I’ve had that roast turkey from TJ’s before too when I wanted to whip together a makeshift Thanksgiving dinner super fast, it’s great! And I went to Target yesterday and came veryyyy close to grabbing some trail mix. My rationale was easy snack on the plane (travelling soon) but I had already grabbed other snacks so it wasn’t strictly necessary. I put it back but now I want it again!
    Meghan @ After the Ivy League recently posted..Banana Nut Pancakes

I competed in Dietbet.com weight loss bet and I weighed in today and made my goal! WooHoo!! I am not sure my total winnings yet, but I will find out later today!!

12. Kelsey Yoki says

After an “off-day” yesterday (mentally, physically; just overall!), I went to bed telling myself that tomorrow is a new day, and I have the opportunity to make it the best. And even though it was tough when the alarm went off, I’m feeling good about the rest of the day, ESPECIALLY the run that I am going to do in a couple of minutes at my campus!

Martin’s potato bread is so good. Okay, I definitely need to make a trip to Tj’s next weekend- I’m going to the city this weekend! I don’t like eating deli turkey because of the sodium and nitrates (even though it’s delicious) but that looks like a safe alternative.
    Yesterday I got my taxes done, already! And my new HR monitor is being delivered today. Woo!
    Cassie @RedLetterDaye recently posted..Currently Marvelous

Sometimes I just have no control with various foods, last night it was peanut butter oatmeal cookies. I keep them in the freezer and kept going back for more. Could. Not. Stop. Love trail mix! That pizza looks good, I haven’t tried trader joes pizza crust, yum!

15. Steph says

Did your doctor specifically tell you that cold roasted turkey/chicken are ok?! Mine told me that any cold poultry is off limits, and I have been driving myself craaaaazy with having to heat everything up “to steaming”. Interesting how even physicians have different opinions on what is off limits. So much to be aware of!!

Potato bread! My best friend and I used to snack on this when we were younger. Bread as a snack? Haha, I know. They are SO good. Aww, brings back so many memories. Dare I say the memory was something positive for my day? Thanks :-)
    Lauren recently posted..Marvelous Monday!

I am going to have to track down these Martin’s bread products. Both the sweet potato rolls and the potato bread sound super delicious. I love me some potatoes ;).

That pizza looks AMAZING. Pizza is definitely one of my favorite foods and I love making it at home. I will have to be on the lookout for that crust the next time that I head to TJ’s.
    Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl recently posted..Omaha Eats: Sinful Burger

just an fyi; i was always under the impression any cold pre-cooked meats were off limits whle pregnant, not just thin sliced deli meat. They all have the possiblity of carrying listeria so all cold cuts, hot dogs, pre-cooked meats should be heated to steaming first. You can let them cool down for a couple minutes before eating if you don’t like them that hot. I was an overly paranoid pregnant girl though, and I am not judging you whatsoever, just thought I’d tell you in case you werent aware. I know plenty of people eat cold cuts all the time while pregnant and end up just fine!
    lindsay @ fuel my family recently posted..Spinach Dip Recipe Makeover

I have no self control over trail mix either!

I think the crazy gets upped an ante in last night’s episode and even more so from future clips. I haven’t watched the Bachelor in years but got sucked in this year and am really enjoying the break from reality. I have several favorites that I hope stick around awhile longer!
    Kristie recently posted..WTG Gets Cozy with Cocoa

The Bachelor was pretty good but Tierra ticked me off on this one. Be prepared. And something good? Hmm…I had the day off of school yesterday and today I have eaten very good and clean which always makes me feel 10X better!

My best moment Tuesday occurred when I was asked to lead a blogging workshop hosted by my college, the college of journalism and communications at the University of Florida! Thank you for inspiring me every day to create compelling content for my blog, which is nearing its first birthday. :)

By the way, you MUST try a PB & J on the whole wheat potato bread. Sounds weird, but it’s totally delish.
    Brianna K. recently posted..Tuesday Thoughts: Fun Food Survey

Hmmm maybe an idea for your trail mix addiction (I am so the same, hence I don’t buy the stuff) is making you’re own. So you can control what goes in therefore making it a little more healthy if you want :)
    Bek @ Crave recently posted..Why?

Trackbacks