Way Too Dangerous

by Courtney on January 29, 2013

Happy Tuesday, everyone! How’s the week going so far?

Yesterday wound up being a pretty busy day for me, from start to finish, and I never got a chance to come back and chat with you all…so let me fill ya in on some food highlights from my day!

First things first…this lunch. Ohhhh, this lunch.

photo 1

While we were shopping at TJ’s on Sunday, I wound up buying a package of their roast turkey breast…

It may not be thin sliced deli turkey, but it is safe for me to eat and well, it was pretty darn close to the real deal.

This was the first turkey sandwich I’ve had since, ohh I don’t know, mid-October? And I can’t even begin to tell you how tasty it was. I layered a couple slices of the turkey with some lettuce, tomatoes, bread and butter pickles, provolone cheese, and honey mustard, all on some Martin’s whole wheat potato bread.

photo 2

By the way, I would recommend that bread to ANYONE. It’s the same maker of the mini potato rolls I bought last week, and they are just SO good. The nutrition facts on this bread are pretty great too. LOVE it!

That sandwich kept me full for most of the afternoon, but around 4pm I started getting some tummy rumbles…so I snacked on two clementines and then proceeded to break into the trail mix that’s stashed in my desk.

This stuff is just wayyyy too dangerous to keep in my desk. Seriously. As soon as this bag is finished, no more bags of trail mix at work. And honestly, that’s saying a lot because I really don’t like calling things off limits. BUT… I. Have. Zero. Self. Control.

After work, Jay and I tag-teamed and made a quick dinner before heading back out the door again. On the menu?

Homemade pizzaaaaaa. :)

We bought a garlic and herb crust from Tj’s on Sunday (my favorite!) so we used that and topped everything with pizza sauce, mozz, a little cheddar, sauteed peppers and onions, broccoli (on my side), tomatoes, and chicken.

I cut two slices for myself and I easily could have gone back for a third if I really wanted to, but I managed to hold off.

It was gooooood. I just <3 pizza.

After dinner, we went over to visit our friends Josh & Erika for a couple of hours and drop off a baby shower gift that I’ve had for her for over a month because I missed her baby shower (she’s due this week!). Even though she isn’t due until Friday, I’m secretly (or not so secretly, since I told them) hoping that she goes tomorrow since, you know, it is a pretty awesome day and all. ;)

By the time we made it home, I really only had time to put together a lunch for today and snack on some dark chocolate before getting ready for bed. This means that I have NOT had a chance to watch The Bachelor yet, so no spoilers pleeeeease! But really…was it a good episode?

Question for the Morning:

Actually, I can’t think of anything good this morning…so how about you tell me one awesome thing about your day/week so far? I always love hearing happy, positive thoughts! :)

1 Allison January 29, 2013 at 8:34 am

The Bachelor was really good! All I will say is that I definitely have a new favorite now :) Something happy about this week is that I officially started my own personal training business and got my first client 1 day later! Have a great day :)
Allison recently posted..Finding “It”

2 Melanie @ Beautifully Nutty January 29, 2013 at 8:39 am

It makes me feel better to hear you say you have no self control over the trail mix because I am completely in the same boat. One more bite…okay just one more bite…and then it’s gone! I can’t even buy it anymore.
Bachelor was pretty good last night as usual. No spoilers though!
One awesome thing this week so far…getting the book, “The Happiness Project” in the mail yesterday!
Melanie @ Beautifully Nutty recently posted..My Holistic Approach to Digestive Health

3 Sara @ fitcupcaker January 29, 2013 at 8:42 am

Tonight we are having homemade pizza too! Thats exciting right?
Sara @ fitcupcaker recently posted..Energizing PB Date Balls

4 Hope @ With A Side Of Hope January 29, 2013 at 8:42 am

Oh, Target has a trail mix that has is chocolate, peanut butter and banana and one that is black and white and those are super addicting! I find the banana chips my favorite part!

An awesome thing about this week so far is I finally got around to watching two episodes of the Carrie Diaries and I am hooked! Such a good show. :)
Hope @ With A Side Of Hope recently posted..Crunchmaster Gluten Free Crackers!!…

5 katie Carso January 29, 2013 at 8:43 am

I am glad you liked the turkey! I have been buying it every week, haha! Since pregnant it has been a huge craving of mine and I love it! I did a sandwich with the turkey , turkey bacon, spinach, and guacamole once too, really good!
katie Carso recently posted..I’m Celebrating, Are You?

6 Jana @ Happy Wife Healthy Life January 29, 2013 at 8:46 am

Seriously, nothing is better than a homemade pizza on a busy night! :) Last night’s episode was good and I found another girl who I think is one if the top contenders! (Hint.. She is one of the girls who went on a single date…! I wasn’t sure how I felt about her at first, but now she is one of my favorites!
Jana @ Happy Wife Healthy Life recently posted..Neat and Clean

7 My Neon Running Shoes January 29, 2013 at 8:48 am

We also made homemade pizza last night! So good! One awesome thing is I found a new friend who liked to run so I’ve had a running partner twice already :-)
My Neon Running Shoes recently posted..Slaughter luck and delicious pizza

8 Liz January 29, 2013 at 8:57 am

today is great because it is MY birthday. I have a awesome baby who turns 10 weeks tomorrow. We survived her first shots yesterday and she had a great nights sleep (as far as infants go). Going back to work wasn’t nearly as bad as i thought and i realized i could actually never be a SAHM. We are trying that new wine bar in Troy tonight, should be fun!

9 Amanda @ .running with spoons. January 29, 2013 at 8:57 am

Trail mix is pretty dangerous for me as well, especially if it has chocolate in it. That and some fruits like grapes, watermelon, and blueberries are things that I have absolutely no self control with. One awesome thing about my week? Starting to plan for a Hawaiian vacation that I’ll be taking in the beginning of March :D Need to get away from this cold!
Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted... breakfast like a king .

10 Lindsey January 29, 2013 at 9:04 am

I am the same with trail mix. I love this one kind at Costco, but its double bad since its twice as big. Lol. I allow myself a small handful a day but I would eat it all in a couple days if I kept it out.
Lindsey recently posted..Top Food Trends of 2013

11 Avery @ Southern Belle Living Well January 29, 2013 at 9:05 am

It’s about to rain in Texas! I love the rain, so I’m excited. Bring it!
Avery @ Southern Belle Living Well recently posted..Controlled Splurges + My New Boat!

12 Libby January 29, 2013 at 9:07 am

I LOVE Target’s trail mix so much that I just can not keep it in the house BUT I am running my first marathon on Feb.17 in Jacksonville Fla. Running it with a great bunch of friends and guess what I am packing for the trip back??!! Trail Mix!!

13 Natalie @ Free Range Human January 29, 2013 at 9:09 am

I love homemade pizza! I think I need to put that on the menu pretty quick :) My happy thought is I dove into a great new book yesterday, and I can’t wait to read some more!
Natalie @ Free Range Human recently posted..Hey Girl

14 Kathryn January 29, 2013 at 9:11 am

Costco has this HUGE bag of trail mix that I love. I rarely buy it, because the bag is like $10, but it’s got lots of dried fruit, which I love. I eat it so fast, it’s crazy.

As for this week, due to some (secret) plans in the works later this year, I’m starting the Couch to 5k program today. I use to run in high school for exercise, but stopped. I really need to get some good running shoes soon, though.
Kathryn recently posted..We’re Going To….

15 Karen January 29, 2013 at 9:17 am

That pizza looks so good and I have to remember to buy some crust this weekend so I can make pizza next week. The Bachelor was pretty good last night. So far, I have loved spending all day yesterday with my little girl. Today, it’s back to work till 3pm but at least I get to see her later because I do miss those toddler giggles & hugs while I am at work. Have a great Tuesday!!

16 Sarah January 29, 2013 at 9:19 am

Oh man I keep seeing homemade pizza everywhere! I’ve never had the trader joes crust but that is something I’ll for sure be buying on my next trip there! It sounds so good!!
Sarah recently posted..I’m bad at “firsts”

17 Liz @ Tip Top Shape January 29, 2013 at 9:19 am

I can never buy trail mix. I end up going through the whole bag in two days!
Liz @ Tip Top Shape recently posted..Roasted Chickpea Tacos

18 Beks January 29, 2013 at 9:27 am

The only thing exciting in my life right now is that I’ve recently started phase 2 of Jamie Eason’s LiveFit plan, and I’m just psyched to have gotten this far. That’s a huge workout accomplishment for me. I also started C25K yesterday, and the goal is to be able to completely run my first 5K in May! That’s the only exciting thing going on for me right now.
Beks recently posted..Musical Review: "Memphis"

19 Meghan @ After the Ivy League January 29, 2013 at 9:32 am

I’ve had that roast turkey from TJ’s before too when I wanted to whip together a makeshift Thanksgiving dinner super fast, it’s great! And I went to Target yesterday and came veryyyy close to grabbing some trail mix. My rationale was easy snack on the plane (travelling soon) but I had already grabbed other snacks so it wasn’t strictly necessary. I put it back but now I want it again!
Meghan @ After the Ivy League recently posted..Banana Nut Pancakes

20 Angela @ Health's Angel January 29, 2013 at 9:46 am

Ohhhh, trail mix. I can’t even. That one sounds particularly delicious and would probably be gone in a couple days if I had it!
As far as happy things go- I’ve got some exciting new changes on the horizon for me regarding jobs and I can’t wait! :)
Angela @ Health’s Angel recently posted..[Current] Diet Staples

21 Kristen January 29, 2013 at 9:47 am

I am preggers too and today marks my 18th week :) :) thought a fellow mom to be would find that to be good news!

22 Lauren January 29, 2013 at 9:47 am

I still need to catch up on the Bachelor too! Gah, I’m still so angry at myself for getting hooked this season. Oh well, at least it’s not The Jersey Shore obsession like last year. :)
Lauren recently posted..Weekend Highlights: Parties, Yoga and Revolving Sushi

23 Suzanne @ Fit Minded Mom January 29, 2013 at 9:50 am

That TJ’s turkey looks really good!! I have a shopping trip planned for tomorrow so I am going to pick some up!! I am with you on the trail mix. It is pretty much a no-no for me because I NEVER stop at one serving. Try 3-4…ha!!
Suzanne @ Fit Minded Mom recently posted..15 Minutes of Insanity

24 Ashley @ Life and Fitness January 29, 2013 at 9:50 am

Thanks for sharing about the TJ’s turkey. I never knew they had it. I’m not a big fan of slimy deli turkey, so it sounds delicious that it is roasted & thicker! Will have to try in the future.
Ashley @ Life and Fitness recently posted..Jello Legs

25 Katie @ KatieEnPursuit January 29, 2013 at 9:51 am

Oh potato bread takes me back to when I was younger! We used to eat it all the time. I’m digging these 70 degree temps we’re having in the Midwest this week, sad it won’t last. Have an awesome day :)
Katie @ KatieEnPursuit recently posted..Monday Funday!

26 Jessica January 29, 2013 at 9:54 am

I competed in Dietbet.com weight loss bet and I weighed in today and made my goal! WooHoo!! I am not sure my total winnings yet, but I will find out later today!!

27 kim@hungryhealthygirl January 29, 2013 at 10:24 am

I know that trail mix would be VERY dangerous around me and I LOVE pizza too. You can make so many varieties with pizza….I literally think I could live off of it.
kim@hungryhealthygirl recently posted..A Sucker for Surveys

28 Lindsey January 29, 2013 at 10:24 am

Hi! Why is that turkey safer than others? I’ve been craving a turkey sandwich too!

29 Kelsey Yoki January 29, 2013 at 10:45 am

After an “off-day” yesterday (mentally, physically; just overall!), I went to bed telling myself that tomorrow is a new day, and I have the opportunity to make it the best. And even though it was tough when the alarm went off, I’m feeling good about the rest of the day, ESPECIALLY the run that I am going to do in a couple of minutes at my campus!

30 Lily January 29, 2013 at 10:55 am

This season is crazy! Tierra is INSANE!!!
Lily recently posted..Quick Update In Pictures (& 26 Acts of Kindness!)

31 Khushboo January 29, 2013 at 11:13 am

Something awesome from my day: I FINALLY tried cross fit…and finally get why so many people love it!
Khushboo recently posted..A rice-off…and a really good salad

32 Jenna @ Crazy Healthy Fit January 29, 2013 at 11:15 am

I’ve been killing my workouts lately :-) That always keeps me happy!
Jenna @ Crazy Healthy Fit recently posted..YOU inspire me!

33 Cassie @RedLetterDaye January 29, 2013 at 11:16 am

Martin’s potato bread is so good. Okay, I definitely need to make a trip to Tj’s next weekend- I’m going to the city this weekend! I don’t like eating deli turkey because of the sodium and nitrates (even though it’s delicious) but that looks like a safe alternative.
Yesterday I got my taxes done, already! And my new HR monitor is being delivered today. Woo!
Cassie @RedLetterDaye recently posted..Currently Marvelous

34 Annette@FitnessPerks January 29, 2013 at 11:22 am

I looooove homemade pizza too! We had that last week–sooo delish ;)
Annette@FitnessPerks recently posted..Improve & Burn

35 Molly @ Just Your Average Athlete January 29, 2013 at 11:23 am

That garlic herb crust sounds delicious! You really scored at Trader Joe’s on Sunday :)

As for a positive thing this week…after a few weeks off due to a foot injury, I was able to run for the first time yesterday pain-free!!
Molly @ Just Your Average Athlete recently posted..I’m Back, Baby!

36 Lauren B. January 29, 2013 at 11:51 am

Seeing my sweet baby’s gummy smile every morning is like heaven in a crib. :)

37 Danica @ It's Progression January 29, 2013 at 11:57 am

That crust from TJ’s is SO good. Homemade pizza is a regular dinner around here and though I usually make the crust, I always get the garlic & herb crust if I’m choosing a pre-made crust. yum!
Danica @ It’s Progression recently posted..The ABCs of Me

38 Jenn January 29, 2013 at 12:03 pm

I AM THE SAME WAY WITH TRAIL MIX!
Jenn recently posted..What does recovery look like?

39 Nicole @ Fruit 'N' Fitness January 29, 2013 at 12:09 pm

Sometimes I just have no control with various foods, last night it was peanut butter oatmeal cookies. I keep them in the freezer and kept going back for more. Could. Not. Stop. Love trail mix! That pizza looks good, I haven’t tried trader joes pizza crust, yum!

40 Steph January 29, 2013 at 12:13 pm

Did your doctor specifically tell you that cold roasted turkey/chicken are ok?! Mine told me that any cold poultry is off limits, and I have been driving myself craaaaazy with having to heat everything up “to steaming”. Interesting how even physicians have different opinions on what is off limits. So much to be aware of!!

41 Lauren January 29, 2013 at 12:40 pm

Potato bread! My best friend and I used to snack on this when we were younger. Bread as a snack? Haha, I know. They are SO good. Aww, brings back so many memories. Dare I say the memory was something positive for my day? Thanks :-)
Lauren recently posted..Marvelous Monday!

42 Fizz @fizzsbizz January 29, 2013 at 12:45 pm

Yesterday was an exciting day because it was exactly one month until my parents come to visit from Australia!
I haven’t seen them since my wedding so I can’t wait!!!
Fizz @fizzsbizz recently posted..A craving for salad!! Who am I??

43 Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl January 29, 2013 at 1:08 pm

I am going to have to track down these Martin’s bread products. Both the sweet potato rolls and the potato bread sound super delicious. I love me some potatoes ;).

That pizza looks AMAZING. Pizza is definitely one of my favorite foods and I love making it at home. I will have to be on the lookout for that crust the next time that I head to TJ’s.
Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl recently posted..Omaha Eats: Sinful Burger

44 Courtney January 29, 2013 at 6:14 pm

Aww man…I realized after the fact that I was calling them sweet potato rolls when they really are just potato rolls. Haha, my oops!

45 Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl January 29, 2013 at 10:19 pm

Either way, they still sound good! Maybe we should suggest that they make a sweet potato version?? ;)
Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl recently posted..Roasted Part 6: Dijon Broccoli and Cauliflower

46 Ellie@Fit for the Soul January 29, 2013 at 1:48 pm

ohhh that pizza! And that sandwich does look good–so packed and full of shhhtufff :D I’ve always wondered what potato bread is like and I’ll def. give it a try in the near future. BTW, that naan bread is really good–as good as frozen non-Indian restaurant naan can get.
Ellie@Fit for the Soul recently posted..PV Body: Fitness Fashion at Your Doorstep

47 Courtney January 29, 2013 at 6:12 pm

yes, we LOVE the naan!!

48 Jillian @ Trail Mix Diaries January 29, 2013 at 1:54 pm

Love me some potato bread! Gonna have to look for that next time I’m out… your sandwich looks way better than my PB/PB/CB tortilla…. peanut, pumpkin & cookie butters. Can you tell it’s grocery night?
Jillian @ Trail Mix Diaries recently posted..A new twist on 2 old favorites…

49 Courtney January 29, 2013 at 6:11 pm

Hahaha…grocery night or not, that still sounds delicious :)

50 lindsay @ fuel my family January 29, 2013 at 1:57 pm

just an fyi; i was always under the impression any cold pre-cooked meats were off limits whle pregnant, not just thin sliced deli meat. They all have the possiblity of carrying listeria so all cold cuts, hot dogs, pre-cooked meats should be heated to steaming first. You can let them cool down for a couple minutes before eating if you don’t like them that hot. I was an overly paranoid pregnant girl though, and I am not judging you whatsoever, just thought I’d tell you in case you werent aware. I know plenty of people eat cold cuts all the time while pregnant and end up just fine!
lindsay @ fuel my family recently posted..Spinach Dip Recipe Makeover

51 Erin @ The Grass Skirt January 29, 2013 at 1:58 pm

I missed sliced turkey so much when I was pregnant, and of course, I was craving it like mad!
Erin @ The Grass Skirt recently posted..Green pumpkin smoothie & Cake Boss

52 Michelle@Peachy Palate January 29, 2013 at 2:07 pm

I started reading the happiness project…spent 3 hours cleaning out my closet and room yesterday, feel like I’ve lost a stone off my shoulders (huge weight totally lifted!) have you read it?
Michelle@Peachy Palate recently posted..Munching on Muffins

53 Courtney January 29, 2013 at 6:08 pm

No, I haven’t, but I’ve heard great things about it!!

54 Kristie January 29, 2013 at 2:16 pm

I have no self control over trail mix either!

I think the crazy gets upped an ante in last night’s episode and even more so from future clips. I haven’t watched the Bachelor in years but got sucked in this year and am really enjoying the break from reality. I have several favorites that I hope stick around awhile longer!
Kristie recently posted..WTG Gets Cozy with Cocoa

55 Sri Devi January 29, 2013 at 3:38 pm

This totally made my afternoon. A Pep Talk from Kid President to You http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-gQLqv9f4o&feature=youtube_gdata_player
This kid is just great! :-)

56 Audrey Adams January 29, 2013 at 6:25 pm

The Bachelor was pretty good but Tierra ticked me off on this one. Be prepared. And something good? Hmm…I had the day off of school yesterday and today I have eaten very good and clean which always makes me feel 10X better!

57 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More January 29, 2013 at 7:27 pm

I LOVE homemade pizza! I especially love it because it’s pretty much the only way I can get pizza (homemade with lactose free cheese or ordered with NO cheese). I love the TJs whole wheat crust too – so chewy and delicious!
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..Your Positive Energy

58 Brianna K. January 29, 2013 at 10:53 pm

My best moment Tuesday occurred when I was asked to lead a blogging workshop hosted by my college, the college of journalism and communications at the University of Florida! Thank you for inspiring me every day to create compelling content for my blog, which is nearing its first birthday. :)

By the way, you MUST try a PB & J on the whole wheat potato bread. Sounds weird, but it’s totally delish.
Brianna K. recently posted..Tuesday Thoughts: Fun Food Survey

59 Aurora@Fitness is Sweet January 30, 2013 at 12:33 am

The highlight of my week is anytime I see a cat around campus! At college, I’m so deprived of animals, so it’s always so amazing when I do see this one cat!
Aurora@Fitness is Sweet recently posted..Zero Sugar Day Recap!

60 Bek @ Crave January 30, 2013 at 1:37 am

Hmmm maybe an idea for your trail mix addiction (I am so the same, hence I don’t buy the stuff) is making you’re own. So you can control what goes in therefore making it a little more healthy if you want :)
Bek @ Crave recently posted..Why?

61 Angela January 30, 2013 at 1:50 am

That is the BEST pizza dough, my favorite.
Angela recently posted..The Bachelor [a recap]

62 Kaitlyn January 30, 2013 at 11:07 pm

im glad you just reminded me about that pizza dough! so good. as is tj’s trio of hummus & chocolate covered pretzel things. sounds like i need to make a trip asap. :)
Kaitlyn recently posted..hump day inspirations: i choose