29 Is Off To A Good Start

by Courtney on January 30, 2013

So far, today has been a pretty spectacular day.

For one, my morning was immediately a gazillion times better once I got a call saying that I had a special delivery waiting for me…

Aren’t they beautiful?! I’ll tell ya…I have one heck of an amazing husband. :)

Then this afternoon, a couple of my bosses/co-workers brought me out to lunch where I dined on delicious, fried calamari and an amazing grilled chicken salad (with crispy fried artichokes…who knew?!).

About an hour after returning back to the office from lunch, I found out that there was one more surprise…

A bunch of my coworkers had gathered in the conference room, wished me a happy birthday, and got me not one, but TWO cakes. Not only was I incredibly grateful, but I really was not expecting anything, since I’m was pretty sure only about two people knew it’s my birthday. My darn pregnancy hormones were *this close* to kicking in and making me tear up in front of everyone because I was so touched, but I managed to hold back.

FYI: I had a small piece from the cake on the left, which was a caramel pecan layer cake. Yes, caramel pecan…

Here’s to indulging in (and thoroughly enjoying) every last delicious bite on my birthday! ;)

1 Michelle@Peachy Palate January 30, 2013 at 5:03 pm

Oh wow! The flowers are gorgeous and I don’t blame you, my non pregnancy hormones would have been enough to have me in tears! Hope you have a great evening!
Michelle@Peachy Palate recently posted..Mango and Cauliflower Loving

2 Abby J January 30, 2013 at 5:03 pm

Ahhh! Those flowers are beautiful! And the cake looks awesome too-ugh I could totally go for some chocolate right now. Count your blessings girl, looks like your day is off to a fabulous start. :)
Abby J recently posted..WIAW-Confidence

3 lisa fine @ vermont vittles January 30, 2013 at 5:07 pm

Happy Birthday Courtney! Yay for cake and flowers. You have a lot of people who care about you, girl!
lisa fine @ vermont vittles recently posted..loving lately : january

4 Katie @ Skinny Minnie Moves January 30, 2013 at 5:14 pm

Happy Birthday! pretty flowers :)

5 Jennifer January 30, 2013 at 5:17 pm

Happy Birthday! This is going to be an amazing year for you :)

6 Ashley January 30, 2013 at 5:18 pm

That’s awesome about 2 cakes !! The flowers are gorgeous.
Ashley recently posted..Wed. Eats

7 Natalie @ Free Range Human January 30, 2013 at 5:19 pm

The flowers are so pretty! Caramel pecan? Be still my beating heart…
Natalie @ Free Range Human recently posted..Are You Crazy?

8 Lisa January 30, 2013 at 5:22 pm

Happy Birthday pretty lady! The flowers are gorgeous! I’m glad the day has been amazing so far!! Now get ready for a fun birthday week:)
Lisa recently posted..What I Ate Wednesday – Baked Oats

9 Audrey January 30, 2013 at 5:25 pm

Happy Birthday Courtney! Those flowers are gorgeous!!! Lucky girl! I would absolutely love to try that cake . It looks so yummayyy
Audrey recently posted..A Different Type of Chocolate Chip Cookie

10 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More January 30, 2013 at 5:47 pm

Happy Birthday Courtney!! What an amazing gesture from your coworkers. I love sweet surprises like that on my birthday; make it that much better!
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..Stop. Press Play. Watch. (Eat?)

11 Angela @ Beauty in Strength January 30, 2013 at 5:49 pm

Happy Birthday beautiful!!!

12 Danica @ It's Progression January 30, 2013 at 5:56 pm

Yes! Enjoy every bite! :)
Danica @ It’s Progression recently posted..“too skinny”

13 Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries January 30, 2013 at 6:06 pm

You are LOVED Court! Glad you’ve had such a great day! Enjoy! :)

14 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles January 30, 2013 at 6:13 pm

So happy to hear you’ve had a great start to the day! That cake sounds incredible.
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..WIAW: Saturday Snacking.

15 Anne Marie January 30, 2013 at 6:16 pm

Sounds like you had a great day!! Happy Birthday:)

16 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey January 30, 2013 at 6:22 pm

Yum! That does sound like a delicious birthday. I know I already told you, but happy birthday lady! Love you!
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..looks disgusting, tastes great

17 Lauren January 30, 2013 at 6:25 pm

So happy you are having a fantastic day! Happy Birthday love! xoxo
Lauren recently posted..Product Review: Lean Cuisine’s New Culinary Collection

18 michelle kim January 30, 2013 at 6:28 pm

Wow! The flowers are lovely and the cake looks decadent and delicious! Hope you thoroughly enjoy your special day :D
michelle kim recently posted..Birthday Run

19 Annette@FitnessPerks January 30, 2013 at 6:32 pm

Happy birthday!! What a lovely day–beautiful flowers & caramel cake?!?! Lucky girl <3
Annette@FitnessPerks recently posted..TRY Something New

20 Lauren January 30, 2013 at 7:02 pm

Indulge all you want! Your pregnant and it’s your birthday! You have two mouthes to feed to celebrate! I know a lot of people say to never use the pregnancy excuse but you need to be HAPPY when you’re pregnant. Whatever makes you happy is what is needed. Hands down!

Again, happy happy birthday!
Lauren recently posted..Tiny Tangent Tuesday

21 Amanda @ .running with spoons. January 30, 2013 at 7:19 pm

Happy Birthday again, Courtney! :D I hope the amazingness of your day is just a sign of the year to come!
Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted... WIAW &#8230; eating and reading .

22 Lindsay January 30, 2013 at 7:21 pm

Sounds like such a great day!! Happy Birthday :)
Lindsay recently posted..tell gravity to suck it.

23 Angela @ Health's Angel January 30, 2013 at 7:40 pm

Happy birthday, Courtney!
What a wonderful husband and co-workers you have! Enjoy the rest of your day. :)
Angela @ Health’s Angel recently posted..[Current] Diet Staples

24 Sara @ LovingOnTheRun January 30, 2013 at 7:44 pm

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! You do have a sweet husband and a sweet baby on the way! I have a feeling this is going to be your best year yet!
Sara @ LovingOnTheRun recently posted..Flexibility and Shopping

25 Holly January 30, 2013 at 8:08 pm

Happy Birthday! Two cakes! i guess one for you and one for Baby Tooth :)

26 Avery @ Southern Belle Living Well January 30, 2013 at 8:14 pm

Happy Birthday, Courtney!
Avery @ Southern Belle Living Well recently posted..Fastest Recap Ever

27 Linz @ Itz Linz January 30, 2013 at 8:18 pm

Sounds like a great day!! You deserve it!!
Linz @ Itz Linz recently posted..Let’s Call It “Juice”

28 Jen January 30, 2013 at 8:27 pm

Happy Birthday!! Hope you’re enjoying your family birthday dinner! :)

29 Genelle January 30, 2013 at 8:36 pm

Beautiful flowers! Happy Birthday!
Those cakes look good enough to devour. I’m surprised you only had one piece. ;)
Genelle recently posted..Island Moorings in Port Aransas

30 love jenny xoxo January 30, 2013 at 8:57 pm

awww happy birthday!!! sounds like it was an awesome one! Yay for being 29!

XOXO
love jenny xoxo recently posted..Is bachelor Sean crazy about you, or just crazy?

31 Sarah @PickyRunner January 30, 2013 at 9:15 pm

Happy birthdayyyyyy!!!!!! I’d love it if my coworkers showered me with cake ;)
Sarah @PickyRunner recently posted..Back to School

32 Stellina @ My Yogurt Addiction January 30, 2013 at 9:24 pm

Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!
Stellina @ My Yogurt Addiction recently posted..Bronchitis

33 Sarah January 30, 2013 at 9:27 pm

That was so sweet of your coworkers to do! They must really like you. :)

34 Karen @ Runner Girl Eats January 30, 2013 at 9:31 pm

Caramel pecan?! I think my heart just skipped a beat. Glad you are having a great birthday!
Karen @ Runner Girl Eats recently posted..Melon-holics Anonymous

35 Kristen @ notsodomesticated January 30, 2013 at 10:05 pm

Aww what a good hubby. ;) Hope your birthday celebrations are continuing tonight!!
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..Spicy Parmesan Pasta with Chicken Sausage

36 Khushboo January 30, 2013 at 10:23 pm

Glad you’re day started off fab….and you enjoy every last bite- calories don’t count on your birthday ;)!
Khushboo recently posted..Weight Loss Wednesday: Sharing the wisdom

37 Colleen @ Jimmy Choos on the Treadmill January 30, 2013 at 10:31 pm

Happy birthday, Courtney! I hope you’ve had a great day! x
Colleen @ Jimmy Choos on the Treadmill recently posted..Shopping with Stylists

38 Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl January 30, 2013 at 10:37 pm

It looks like, despite having to work, your birthday has been a fabulous day. It is great that you have such awesome co-workers. And those flowers are absolutely gorgeous! I hope the rest of your birthday is just as great :).

Crispy fried artichokes?? That sounds amazing!!
Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl recently posted..WIAW: January 30, 2013

39 Angela January 30, 2013 at 10:39 pm

Happy birthday!!!!!! I hope the rest of your day was filled with many more surprises and filled with lots of love!
Angela recently posted..The Bachelor [a recap]

40 Jessamy @ In the Words of an Asian January 30, 2013 at 11:01 pm

Those flowers look awesome, congrats!!! Also, happy birthday! I do hope it was a great day!!! :)
Jessamy @ In the Words of an Asian recently posted..Someone Explain to Me

41 Nicole January 30, 2013 at 11:06 pm

Sounds like a great day – happy birthday!!

42 Tracey January 30, 2013 at 11:40 pm

Happy birthday! Your birthday week looked fantastic!

43 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake January 31, 2013 at 6:36 am

The flowers are beautiful and the cake looks amazing! Glad your 29th year is off to a great start!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..Lose It!

44 katie Carso January 31, 2013 at 7:39 am

Happy Belated Birthday love!!!! How sweet of them to get you cakes! When I worked in an office, I would always get a birthday cake at the local bakery down the road from my job for a co workers birthday! They always appreciated it!

katie Carso recently posted..Super Salad

45 Jenn January 31, 2013 at 9:32 am

Those flowers are beautiful and that is so nice of your new coworkers! Happy Belated Birthday!
Jenn recently posted..What does recovery look like?

46 Elaine January 31, 2013 at 9:52 am

Happy Belated Birthday!! So sorry I’m just now seeing this post, but it looks like you had your hands full of lots of beautiful and delicious treats and wishes from others. :) Hope you have a fantastic birthday week!!
Elaine recently posted..Easy Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream

47 Teri January 31, 2013 at 11:20 am

Happy birthday Courtney! I hope you had a wonderful day:)

48 Nicole January 31, 2013 at 1:07 pm

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!! Wishing you the very best for the year ahead….and what a year it will be!! Cheers Courtney!

49 Sunny January 31, 2013 at 3:52 pm

I’m so glad you had a awesome birthday. I wish you all the best. 2013 is going to be your year.
Sunny recently posted..Groceries & hobbies

50 Bek @ Crave January 31, 2013 at 10:46 pm

Aw so spoilt :) Those flowers are absolutely stunning! That’s lovely of your coworkers- two cakes woo! One for you and one for the baby to enjoy? Ha! What flavour was the cake on the right? Caramel pecan…layer cake?! Woo!
Bek @ Crave recently posted..Weight Watchers