WIAW: My Last Birthday Week Request

Happy, happy Wednesday to you all! And welcome to another fantastic edition of WIAW.

So how’s the day going so far? Good? Great? Mine’s pretty snazzy, I can’t lie. I mean, as of today, I am now officially one year away from turning the big 3-0. That, to me, is just crazy. But for now, I’m going to embrace the wonderfulness that is 29.

And I’m gonna go ahead and share all of yesterday’s eats with you. 😉

Breakfast – 8:15am

I never ended up making or planning my breakfast the night before, so I quickly threw together some stuff in the morning to make some oatmeal.

photo 1 (3)

Into the oats went:

• 1/3 cup oats
  • 1/3 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
  • 1/3 cup water
  • 1/2 mashed banana
  • 2 tsp chia seeds
  • cinnamon and nutmeg
  • strawberries and bananas

Cooked in the microwave for about 3 minutes (I like my oatmeal thicker so I let it cook longer) and I was good to go.

Of course, since there is a jar of peanut butter in my desk, I made sure to add that after everything was cooked. Winking smile

photo 3 (3)

Mid-Morning Snack – 10:00am

My oatmeal did basically nothing to hold me over, so in less than two hours I was ready to eat again. First, I snacked on the other half of my banana from breakfast.

photo 4 (3)

And then I made the mistake of digging into my trail mix. You can multiply that amount by about, ohh I don’t know…let’s say 10?

photo 1 (4)

I give the bag until the end of the week. Oooof.

Lunch – 1:00pm

I was suuuuper excited about this one.

photo 2 (4)

I prepped a nice, big salad made with lettuce, cucumbers, grape tomatoes, carrots, feta cheese, dried cranberries, roasted turkey, and avocado.

On the bottom, I made sure to add my balsamic vinaigrette dressing, too. Winking smile

photo 3 (4)

Mid-Afternoon Snack – 3:00pm

I was craving something sweet but trying really hard to avoid the bag of trail mix again. Thankfully, I had an orange to snack on instead.

photo 4 (4)

It was a good one too, which just made things all that much better!

Dinner – 6:30pm

Jay and I had originally planned to cook up some steaks for dinner, but we got a late start and needed to make sure we saved time for our special evening trip out (more on that in a second!).

photo 1 (5)

So instead, we both worked on eating up some leftover pizza. I swear, it was even better the second time around.

photo 2 (5)

Shortly after we finished dinner, we headed out for one of my final requests for Birthday Week…

Now tell me…have you ever seen anything so wonderful?????

photo 3 (5)

Dessert – 8:00pm

Jay and I have only been to Dante’s Fro Yo once, which was on our super fun date night adventure over the summer, but we both agreed that Dante’s is hands down our favorite fro yo place. The flavors of their fro yo beat out any other ones out there by FAR, and when I even saw that they had white chocolate covered pretzel last night, I almost died.

photo 4 (5)

Okay, I’m being ridiculous on that one. But seriously. It’s the best.

I got a mix of white chocolate covered pretzel + birthday cake fro yo flavors, with all sorts of chocolate candy toppings because that’s how I roll.

Typically I would have asked for some fro yo on my actual birthday (which is today!), but mom is making me one of her special birthday cakes tonight, which is 10,000x better. I seriously cannot WAIT for dinner and dessert tonight with the fam! Open-mouthed smile

Question for the Morning:

Do you ever have any special birthday requests?

Comments

Ahhhh froyo. Not, I’ve never seen anything better. Especially anything with caramel in the title, and loaded with brownies and cookie dough and cherries and sprinkles and oreos. Yes, I just went there.
    I told my roommate about that TJ’s pizza crust and now we’re making it tomorrow night. #win.
    Sarah @PickyRunner recently posted..Back to School

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
    Is it ridiculous that my mouth watered after seeing that froyo pic?
    The only request I generally have on my birthday is that I have some type of fun dessert with a candle and that happy birthday gets sung to me and I make a wish and blow out the candle. It makes me feel so special.
    It is YOUR day—shine girl!
    Melanie @ Beautifully Nutty recently posted..Banana Almond Bread (Gluten-Free)

Woo! Happy Birthday, Courtney! I’m getting a little closer to the big 3-0 myself, but I like to think we just get better with age… like a fine wine 😉 Your mom’s cake looks amazing -my birthday request every year is pretty much dinner, cake, and time spent with family and close friends. Doesn’t get much better than that 😀
    Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted... WIAW … eating and reading .

4. Traci says

White-chocolate covered pretzel?! I die. I haven’t had any froyo since LAST spring, and I think that needs to change soon, cold weather or not.

Happy Birthday!!

Happy Birthday!!!

My birthday was last week, and my request was that my husband cook a fun meal for me (he’s a great taste tester, but not much of a cook)! Because of his busy schedule, we’re “celebrating” today with homemad veggie burgers and a tropical salsa. :)
    Parita recently posted..You Win Some, You Lose Some

6. Heather says

Happy, Happy Birthday, Courtney!!! I hope it is just as fabulous as you are! Last one before Baby Tooth arrives, which will make next years, tons better! I love that you still get so excited about spending time with your family and eating there for Birthday dinners! Reminds me of myself, and I just don’t know where I’d be without family always around! Have a great day!

gosh that froyo looks amazing! My friend opened a yogurt shop last year in the area, I think I need to hit it up! We also made homemade pizza last night wtih my wildtree products and it was amazing! I love homemade pizza.

Happy Birthday!!

When it’s my birthday I want to eat all the food I love. Last year I went out for Brunch and High Tea and at night I had a party at home with all food and drinks I like so I got plenty of yummy food I love!

I made sure to spent it with my family and friends!

Happy Birthday, Courtney! I turned 29 about a month ago, and it is crazy to think 30 is just a year away! I have a feeling this is going to be a great year for you, and you’ll be so distracted by your bundle of joy, you won’t even mind when 30 rolls around 😉

Happy Birthday to YOU!! I know you will enjoy this year being that your little one will be born. This year for my birthday, I wanted eclairs which is strange for me and very hard to find around here so instead I got a boston cream donut which was very good! I have been craving some frozen yogurt and thinking one of these days, I’ll need to head over to TCBY. Enjoy your day!!

11. Gabrielle says

Happy Birthday Courtney!! I wish you all the best for this upcoming year :)
    I’m a faithful reader and I have to say that your blog is definitely my favorite to read everyday. I’m not trying to be a suck up lol i’m just saying the truth and I thought it’d be important for you to know that your readers love you :) Keep up the amazing work xx

12. Krystan says

Happy Birthday!

I agree with some of the above comments that said 30 won’t be nearly as daunting while you are holding your new little infant! Sounds like you are having some awesome celebrations…Enjoy!

Happy Birthday, Courtney!

For my birthday (tomorrow! yay!) I request any sort of seafood and I wouldn’t mind some frozen yogurt! 😉
    I’m not a white chocolate fan but in froyo form… Sounds delicious!
    Lauren recently posted..Tiny Tangent Tuesday

Happy Birthday!! Hope it was good!
    That fro yo flavour sounds unreal!!! Theres isnt even a fro yo place near me..never mind all of those wonderful flavours.
    I always love a specific Colin The Caterpillar chocolate cake for my birthday..such a big kid!
    Lift, Sleep, Eat recently posted..My First Post…WIAW!

15. Jackie says

Happy Birthday!! I am going to be 29 in a couple of months as well. I hope this year goes by slow lol. Those froyo flavors sound aaaamazing. I feel like they are getting more and more creative with froyo flavors. Enjoy the rest of your day!

Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My birthday request is usually just some bowling with friends and family AND, of course, some delicious cookie cake :) my favorite!

Have a great day celebrating! :)

that seasalt caramel pretzel looks to die for as well! Its been almost a week since I’ve had froyo (gasP!) I need to remedy that asap! I always request either a carrot cake with cream cheese icing or dirt cake for my birthday. I guess it just goes to futhur prove my cream cheese obsession!
    lindsay @ fuel my family recently posted..Spinach Dip Recipe Makeover

Happy Birthday!!

I always make a fuss about my birthday, hope for surprises, and always feel let down (I usually cry), but the past few years, I’ve been taking control of my birthday and making sure I plan something that I want to do, and not feel guilty about it. I’m an oddball.

I hope no tears for you today! 😉
    Cassie @RedLetterDaye recently posted..Currently Marvelous

My birthday requests are usually pretty simple – a good dinner, drink and maybe some cake. Though I have to admit, I’ve rarely had birthday cake for my birthday since graduating college. One year my parents ordered a cake through the Cafeteria at school for me to share with my friends. It was GIANT and we ended up sharing it with anyone on my floor in the dorm and STILL had leftovers.
    Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..Stop. Press Play. Watch. (Eat?)

Trackbacks