WIAW: My Last Birthday Week Request

by Courtney on January 30, 2013

Happy, happy Wednesday to you all! And welcome to another fantastic edition of WIAW.

So how’s the day going so far? Good? Great? Mine’s pretty snazzy, I can’t lie. I mean, as of today, I am now officially one year away from turning the big 3-0. That, to me, is just crazy. But for now, I’m going to embrace the wonderfulness that is 29.

And I’m gonna go ahead and share all of yesterday’s eats with you. ;)

Breakfast – 8:15am

I never ended up making or planning my breakfast the night before, so I quickly threw together some stuff in the morning to make some oatmeal.

photo 1 (3)

Into the oats went:

• 1/3 cup oats
  • 1/3 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
  • 1/3 cup water
  • 1/2 mashed banana
  • 2 tsp chia seeds
  • cinnamon and nutmeg
  • strawberries and bananas

Cooked in the microwave for about 3 minutes (I like my oatmeal thicker so I let it cook longer) and I was good to go.

Of course, since there is a jar of peanut butter in my desk, I made sure to add that after everything was cooked. Winking smile

photo 3 (3)

Mid-Morning Snack – 10:00am

My oatmeal did basically nothing to hold me over, so in less than two hours I was ready to eat again. First, I snacked on the other half of my banana from breakfast.

photo 4 (3)

And then I made the mistake of digging into my trail mix. You can multiply that amount by about, ohh I don’t know…let’s say 10?

photo 1 (4)

I give the bag until the end of the week. Oooof.

Lunch – 1:00pm

I was suuuuper excited about this one.

photo 2 (4)

I prepped a nice, big salad made with lettuce, cucumbers, grape tomatoes, carrots, feta cheese, dried cranberries, roasted turkey, and avocado.

On the bottom, I made sure to add my balsamic vinaigrette dressing, too. Winking smile

photo 3 (4)

Mid-Afternoon Snack – 3:00pm

I was craving something sweet but trying really hard to avoid the bag of trail mix again. Thankfully, I had an orange to snack on instead.

photo 4 (4)

It was a good one too, which just made things all that much better!

Dinner – 6:30pm

Jay and I had originally planned to cook up some steaks for dinner, but we got a late start and needed to make sure we saved time for our special evening trip out (more on that in a second!).

photo 1 (5)

So instead, we both worked on eating up some leftover pizza. I swear, it was even better the second time around.

photo 2 (5)

Shortly after we finished dinner, we headed out for one of my final requests for Birthday Week…

Now tell me…have you ever seen anything so wonderful?????

photo 3 (5)

Dessert – 8:00pm

Jay and I have only been to Dante’s Fro Yo once, which was on our super fun date night adventure over the summer, but we both agreed that Dante’s is hands down our favorite fro yo place. The flavors of their fro yo beat out any other ones out there by FAR, and when I even saw that they had white chocolate covered pretzel last night, I almost died.

photo 4 (5)

Okay, I’m being ridiculous on that one. But seriously. It’s the best.

I got a mix of white chocolate covered pretzel + birthday cake fro yo flavors, with all sorts of chocolate candy toppings because that’s how I roll.

Typically I would have asked for some fro yo on my actual birthday (which is today!), but mom is making me one of her special birthday cakes tonight, which is 10,000x better. I seriously cannot WAIT for dinner and dessert tonight with the fam! Open-mouthed smile

Question for the Morning:

Do you ever have any special birthday requests?

1 Claire @ Flake and Cake January 30, 2013 at 8:23 am

Happy Birthday Courtney! Hope you have a fabulous day with all of your favourite foods and people! Your day of eats looks great, I know exactly what you mean about trail mix – once the pack is open there’s no going back!
Claire @ Flake and Cake recently posted..WIAW: Smooth Operator

2 Sarah @PickyRunner January 30, 2013 at 8:24 am

Ahhhh froyo. Not, I’ve never seen anything better. Especially anything with caramel in the title, and loaded with brownies and cookie dough and cherries and sprinkles and oreos. Yes, I just went there.
I told my roommate about that TJ’s pizza crust and now we’re making it tomorrow night. #win.
Sarah @PickyRunner recently posted..Back to School

3 Melanie @ Beautifully Nutty January 30, 2013 at 8:28 am

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
Is it ridiculous that my mouth watered after seeing that froyo pic?
The only request I generally have on my birthday is that I have some type of fun dessert with a candle and that happy birthday gets sung to me and I make a wish and blow out the candle. It makes me feel so special.
It is YOUR day—shine girl!
Melanie @ Beautifully Nutty recently posted..Banana Almond Bread (Gluten-Free)

4 Lauren January 30, 2013 at 8:28 am

Doesn’t everyone have special birthday requests? LoL. I think I remember last year, my only request was to drink lots of wine and have the day off work and cleaning entirely. I’m pretty sure I lived out that dream. :) Glad you had such a wonderful birthday lady!
Lauren recently posted..Product Review: Lean Cuisine’s New Culinary Collection

5 Claire @ Keeping Up With Claire January 30, 2013 at 8:30 am

Happy Birthday!! Those fro-yo flavors ARE to die for. My birthday is tomorrow, and my special request is the same-I’d much rather have a big cup of froyo than cake! :)

6 Ashlee @ A Step in the Right Direction January 30, 2013 at 8:30 am

I love the Carvel cakes and ask for one every year – The last few years my hubby has been on a business trip on my birthday so I don’t really get to make requests.

Happy Birthday!

7 Linz @ Itz Linz January 30, 2013 at 8:31 am

Happy birthday!!! Ice cream and froyo are definitely birthday requests!! My favorite flavor of both is Cake Batter although that sea salt caramel pretzel looks pretty ridic!!
Linz @ Itz Linz recently posted..Let’s Call It “Juice”

8 Hope @ With A Side Of Hope January 30, 2013 at 8:33 am

Happy Birthday!! :) Froyo is a must for birthdays and so is cake of course. :) Have a great day celebrating!
Hope @ With A Side Of Hope recently posted..My Version Of Chicken, Spinach & Tortellini Meal Soup!…

9 Khushboo January 30, 2013 at 8:36 am

Gah those fro yo flavors make me die too- YUM! HAPPPY BIRTHDAY, Courtney..wish you all the best! Last birthday before the big 3-0 and even better, last birthday before baby STSL!
Khushboo recently posted..Weight Loss Wednesday: Sharing the wisdom

10 Amanda @ .running with spoons. January 30, 2013 at 8:36 am

Woo! Happy Birthday, Courtney! I’m getting a little closer to the big 3-0 myself, but I like to think we just get better with age… like a fine wine ;) Your mom’s cake looks amazing -my birthday request every year is pretty much dinner, cake, and time spent with family and close friends. Doesn’t get much better than that :D
Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted... WIAW … eating and reading .

11 Danielle@cleanfoodcreativefitness January 30, 2013 at 8:38 am

Happy Birthday Courtney! I hope you have a wonderful day!
Danielle@cleanfoodcreativefitness recently posted..What I Ate Wednesday

12 Michelle@Peachy Palate January 30, 2013 at 8:40 am

Happy Birthday! Hope you have an amazing day and evening with the family! :)
Michelle@Peachy Palate recently posted..Mango and Cauliflower Loving

13 Traci January 30, 2013 at 8:40 am

White-chocolate covered pretzel?! I die. I haven’t had any froyo since LAST spring, and I think that needs to change soon, cold weather or not.

Happy Birthday!!

14 Faith January 30, 2013 at 8:43 am

Happy Birthday Courtney!!!

15 Paige @ Your Trainer Paige January 30, 2013 at 8:44 am

Happy birthday, Courtney! Hope you have a fabulous day :)
That froyo sounds delicious. Can you believe we have a Menchie’s in the new city we moved to in CO, and I’ve been living here for a month and haven’t been yet?! I know, blasphemy ;-)
Paige @ Your Trainer Paige recently posted..3 Ways to Use Up Leftover Carnitas, and Untraditional Meals {WIAW}

16 My Neon Running Shoes January 30, 2013 at 8:46 am

HAPPY BIRTHDAY COURTNEY!!! I hope you have the best birthday yet! That white chocolate pretzel looks to die for!
My Neon Running Shoes recently posted..Letting go of guilt around food.

17 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles January 30, 2013 at 8:47 am

Happy birthday!! And oh my god, two different kinds of pretzel froyo? I’d be declaring that place my favourite too.
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..WIAW: Saturday Snacking.

18 Parita January 30, 2013 at 8:48 am

Happy Birthday!!!

My birthday was last week, and my request was that my husband cook a fun meal for me (he’s a great taste tester, but not much of a cook)! Because of his busy schedule, we’re “celebrating” today with homemad veggie burgers and a tropical salsa. :)
Parita recently posted..You Win Some, You Lose Some

19 Alli January 30, 2013 at 8:52 am

Happy Birthday Courtney!! Enjoy your day :)

20 Brittany @ Britt's Blurbs January 30, 2013 at 8:53 am

Happy Birthday!! Have a wonderful day!!

21 Heather January 30, 2013 at 8:58 am

Happy, Happy Birthday, Courtney!!! I hope it is just as fabulous as you are! Last one before Baby Tooth arrives, which will make next years, tons better! I love that you still get so excited about spending time with your family and eating there for Birthday dinners! Reminds me of myself, and I just don’t know where I’d be without family always around! Have a great day!

22 sara @ fitcupcaker January 30, 2013 at 9:24 am

gosh that froyo looks amazing! My friend opened a yogurt shop last year in the area, I think I need to hit it up! We also made homemade pizza last night wtih my wildtree products and it was amazing! I love homemade pizza.

23 Willemijn @ Fashion Food Travel January 30, 2013 at 9:27 am

Happy Birthday!!

When it’s my birthday I want to eat all the food I love. Last year I went out for Brunch and High Tea and at night I had a party at home with all food and drinks I like so I got plenty of yummy food I love!

I made sure to spent it with my family and friends!

24 Natalie @ Free Range Human January 30, 2013 at 9:28 am

Happy Birthday, Courtney! I turned 29 about a month ago, and it is crazy to think 30 is just a year away! I have a feeling this is going to be a great year for you, and you’ll be so distracted by your bundle of joy, you won’t even mind when 30 rolls around ;)

25 Allison January 30, 2013 at 9:28 am

Happy birthday!!! Enjoy your day :)

26 Karen January 30, 2013 at 9:29 am

Happy Birthday to YOU!! I know you will enjoy this year being that your little one will be born. This year for my birthday, I wanted eclairs which is strange for me and very hard to find around here so instead I got a boston cream donut which was very good! I have been craving some frozen yogurt and thinking one of these days, I’ll need to head over to TCBY. Enjoy your day!!

27 Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries January 30, 2013 at 9:41 am

I will most likely tell you in every form of social media possible, but Happy Birthday Court!! Love you to the moon and back!

P.S. Those fro yo flavors sound beyond incredible. Yum!

28 Jana @ Happy Wife Healthy Life January 30, 2013 at 9:41 am

Happy happy birthday Courtney! Have a great day and I hope your family dinner tonight is awesome! :)

29 kristin January 30, 2013 at 9:48 am

Happy Birthday, hope you have a wonderful day!

30 Jillian @ Sprinkle Massacre January 30, 2013 at 10:13 am

Happy Birthday..or should I say Birthweek!? :) Hope it was wonderful!

31 Luci January 30, 2013 at 10:20 am

Happy happy birthday, Courtney! Hope you have a great day!

32 Gabrielle January 30, 2013 at 10:22 am

Happy Birthday Courtney!! I wish you all the best for this upcoming year :)
I’m a faithful reader and I have to say that your blog is definitely my favorite to read everyday. I’m not trying to be a suck up lol i’m just saying the truth and I thought it’d be important for you to know that your readers love you :) Keep up the amazing work xx

33 Shannon (Healthiful Balance) January 30, 2013 at 10:23 am

Froyo is a great way to end the day! :) Wish we had more froyo places here in Germany.
Happy birthday and God bless! :)
Shannon (Healthiful Balance) recently posted..Health Facts, Food & Giveaway {WIAW}

34 Krystan January 30, 2013 at 10:24 am

Happy Birthday!

I agree with some of the above comments that said 30 won’t be nearly as daunting while you are holding your new little infant! Sounds like you are having some awesome celebrations…Enjoy!

35 alyssa @ life a la wife January 30, 2013 at 10:28 am

Happy Birthday Courtney!!

I’m turning 29 this year too and have major anxiety about next year! Hopefully next year it wont be as bad as we imagine :)
alyssa @ life a la wife recently posted..WIAW – Healthy Broccoli & Cheese Soup

36 Sarah @ Blonde Bostonian January 30, 2013 at 10:29 am

Happy birthday Courtney! My birthday is tomorrow — we’re fellow Aquarius’! It’s going to be so fun to have a birthday next year with baby Tooth. And birthday froyo is totally the perfect treat!

37 Katie @ running4cupcakes January 30, 2013 at 10:43 am

Happy Happy Happy Birthday. Hope you have a great day. I just bought some of that trail mix for our airplane snack when we travel to Florida next week. Hope it lasts until then! LOL.
Katie @ running4cupcakes recently posted..Winter Carnival Half Marathon Recap 2013

38 Lindsay H January 30, 2013 at 10:48 am

Happy Happy Birthday! Hope you have a special day!

39 Anna January 30, 2013 at 10:50 am

Happiest birthday to you!! That froyo looks amazing!!
Anna recently posted..Spain – Day 8

40 Meghan @ After the Ivy League January 30, 2013 at 10:59 am

Happy Birthday Courtney!! I would’ve made a special froyo request too :)
Meghan @ After the Ivy League recently posted..WIAW #19: On the Weekends

41 Alycia January 30, 2013 at 11:19 am

Happy birthday! Hope it is everything you wish for!

42 Nicole January 30, 2013 at 11:28 am

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! :)

43 Molly @ Just Your Average Athlete January 30, 2013 at 11:35 am

Birthday cake fro yo sounds like the PERFECT treat :) Happy 29th!
Molly @ Just Your Average Athlete recently posted..Why Nutrition is So Flippin’ Important

44 Emily January 30, 2013 at 11:43 am

Happy birthday!!!! Hope your day is amazing!!!

45 kim@hungryhealthygirl January 30, 2013 at 11:45 am

Happy Birthday!! I have never seen white chocolate covered pretzel, but I would definitely be choosing that flavor. Hope today is a great one!
kim@hungryhealthygirl recently posted..still managing some pretty good eats

46 Tara | Treble in the Kitchen January 30, 2013 at 12:00 pm

Yummy looking fro-yo!! :) Happy Happy Birthday to you :)
Tara | Treble in the Kitchen recently posted..Maintaining Healthy Eating During a Busy Week

47 Laura@ FitRunningMama January 30, 2013 at 12:03 pm

Those FRO YO flavors sound AMAZING–!!!! I’ve never seen either of those! Yum– need to have some fro yo–love it!
Laura@ FitRunningMama recently posted..WIAW & Chia Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies

48 Ashlee January 30, 2013 at 12:04 pm

Ohhhh those fro yo flavors look amazing! Everywhere around me is so boring with their flavors…they need to step it up a bit! ;-)
Ashlee recently posted..Twice Baked Cauliflower–Low cal & Low Carb

49 Ashlee January 30, 2013 at 12:05 pm

And HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

50 Sherri January 30, 2013 at 12:06 pm

Happy happy birthday! I’m turning 29 soon too. This will be the best year yet riiiight? :)

51 Annette@FitnessPerks January 30, 2013 at 12:27 pm

THAT Salted Caramel Pretzel is WHAT I’m talking about!!!! Please tell me you tried it?!?! AHHHHH that looks amazing.
Annette@FitnessPerks recently posted..TRY Something New

52 Molly@This Life Is Sparkling January 30, 2013 at 12:31 pm

Oh.my.gosh. that frozen yogurt… I want to jump through the compute screen and eat it ;) HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!<3

53 Jenna @ Crazy Healthy Fit January 30, 2013 at 12:39 pm

Welp, froyo would most definitely be on my list of birthday requests. It.Is.My.Favorite :-) Ah, you are making me want it tonight now. Especially since the weather in Philly is actually warmmmm today!
Jenna @ Crazy Healthy Fit recently posted..What I Ate Wednesday (WIAW)

54 Ashley @ Life and Fitness January 30, 2013 at 12:47 pm

Happy Birthday !!! Have a great day xoxo
Ashley @ Life and Fitness recently posted..Wed. Eats

55 Danica @ It's Progression January 30, 2013 at 12:48 pm

Happy Birthday, Courtney!!! I hope your day is wonderful!
Danica @ It’s Progression recently posted..“too skinny”

56 Kristin January 30, 2013 at 12:49 pm

Happy Birthday Courtney!! Have a wonderful day :)

57 Jessica @ Prayers and Apples January 30, 2013 at 1:02 pm

happy 29th! ♥ i’m only a year behind ya ;)
Jessica @ Prayers and Apples recently posted..The One Where&#8230;

58 Lindsay January 30, 2013 at 1:10 pm

Pizza is 100% better the second time around!!

59 Kristen January 30, 2013 at 1:28 pm

Happy Birthday!!!! I hope you have a wonderful day!! =D

60 Melissa H. January 30, 2013 at 1:29 pm

Happy Birthday Courtney! Hope this year is the best one yet! All the best : )

61 Lauren January 30, 2013 at 1:40 pm

Happy Birthday, Courtney!

For my birthday (tomorrow! yay!) I request any sort of seafood and I wouldn’t mind some frozen yogurt! ;-)
I’m not a white chocolate fan but in froyo form… Sounds delicious!
Lauren recently posted..Tiny Tangent Tuesday

62 Lift, Sleep, Eat January 30, 2013 at 1:50 pm

Happy Birthday!! Hope it was good!
That fro yo flavour sounds unreal!!! Theres isnt even a fro yo place near me..never mind all of those wonderful flavours.
I always love a specific Colin The Caterpillar chocolate cake for my birthday..such a big kid!
Lift, Sleep, Eat recently posted..My First Post…WIAW!

63 Sarah January 30, 2013 at 2:00 pm

It’s crazy how fast 30 creeps up on us! Enjoy your cake! Yummy.
Sarah recently posted..Travel Tuesdays Part Two: Havasupai, Grand Canyon

64 Jackie January 30, 2013 at 2:24 pm

Happy Birthday!! I am going to be 29 in a couple of months as well. I hope this year goes by slow lol. Those froyo flavors sound aaaamazing. I feel like they are getting more and more creative with froyo flavors. Enjoy the rest of your day!

65 michelle kim January 30, 2013 at 2:31 pm

Wow that fro-yo looks amazing! And Happy Birthday!
Our birthdays are a day apart (mine was yesterday). Hope you have a wonderful rest of the day ;)
michelle kim recently posted..Birthday Run

66 Dylan Mary January 30, 2013 at 2:48 pm

Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My birthday request is usually just some bowling with friends and family AND, of course, some delicious cookie cake :) my favorite!

Have a great day celebrating! :)

67 lindsay @ fuel my family January 30, 2013 at 2:54 pm

that seasalt caramel pretzel looks to die for as well! Its been almost a week since I’ve had froyo (gasP!) I need to remedy that asap! I always request either a carrot cake with cream cheese icing or dirt cake for my birthday. I guess it just goes to futhur prove my cream cheese obsession!
lindsay @ fuel my family recently posted..Spinach Dip Recipe Makeover

68 Olivia @ Liv Lives Life January 30, 2013 at 3:09 pm

Um, ok, I want to know the genius who made up chocolate covered pretzel fro yo. WOW. And Happy Birthday (week)!!!
Olivia @ Liv Lives Life recently posted..Recycling is Good

69 Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl January 30, 2013 at 3:17 pm

I absolutely cannot blame you for requesting fro yo for your birthday. And white chocolate covered pretzel fro yo?? Um, sign me up because that sounds unbelievably amazing!! Oh, and I still cannot get over how great that pizza looks. Go ahead and send me a piece next time you make it ;).
Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl recently posted..Roasted Part 6: Dijon Broccoli and Cauliflower

70 Cassie @RedLetterDaye January 30, 2013 at 3:32 pm

Happy Birthday!!

I always make a fuss about my birthday, hope for surprises, and always feel let down (I usually cry), but the past few years, I’ve been taking control of my birthday and making sure I plan something that I want to do, and not feel guilty about it. I’m an oddball.

I hope no tears for you today! ;)
Cassie @RedLetterDaye recently posted..Currently Marvelous

71 Casi DeSarro January 30, 2013 at 3:33 pm

Happy Birthday WOOOHOOOOOO 29!

72 Angela January 30, 2013 at 3:42 pm

Fro-yo places around here never have good flavors like that! I’ve seen red velvet like once…and that’s it. Pretty boring.

73 Michelle C January 30, 2013 at 4:27 pm

Happy Birthday Courtney!!!!! I hope you had a wonderful day filled with happiness, family, friends, and great food! :D
Michelle C recently posted..Owls, Cranberry, & Beige | A Snowy Winter Outfit

74 Kristen @ notsodomesticated January 30, 2013 at 4:33 pm

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, COURTNEY! Hope you have a wonderful day! :)
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..Spicy Parmesan Pasta with Chicken Sausage

75 Jessica @ Prayers and Apples January 30, 2013 at 5:01 pm

happy 29th! ♥ i’m just one year behind ya ;)
Jessica @ Prayers and Apples recently posted..The One Where&#8230;

76 Katie @ Skinny Minnie Moves January 30, 2013 at 5:17 pm

wow that fro yo looks good!

No special requests for my birthday now. But when I was a kid growing up my sis and I had a tradition on your birthday you got to sit in the passenger seat next to mom and control the radio! lol oh the little things…
Katie @ Skinny Minnie Moves recently posted..Push Through the Pain

77 Colleen January 30, 2013 at 5:32 pm

Happy happy birthday!!! :)

And that fro-yo looks to die for. I’ve never heard of white chocolate covered pretzel, but it sounds AMAZING!
Colleen recently posted..An ambassador, a marathon and an award

78 Kelsey January 30, 2013 at 5:39 pm

Happy Birthday, here’s to a wonderful 29th and many special moments happening for you this year :)

79 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More January 30, 2013 at 6:28 pm

My birthday requests are usually pretty simple – a good dinner, drink and maybe some cake. Though I have to admit, I’ve rarely had birthday cake for my birthday since graduating college. One year my parents ordered a cake through the Cafeteria at school for me to share with my friends. It was GIANT and we ended up sharing it with anyone on my floor in the dorm and STILL had leftovers.
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..Stop. Press Play. Watch. (Eat?)

80 Jenny January 30, 2013 at 6:37 pm

Happy Birthday!!!

81 jessica simon January 30, 2013 at 9:39 pm

Happy happy birthday!! Hope its amazing!

Annnd you just inspired me to go get froyo :)

82 Bek @ Crave January 31, 2013 at 1:40 am

Happy Birthday! Hope you have a fab day. Um that froyo flavour sounds awesome, can’t wait till froyo gets popular in Aus. We have boring flavours atm haha.
Bek @ Crave recently posted..Clean Eating or Just a Healthy Lifestyle?