I Admit It

by Courtney on February 1, 2013

I just couldn’t help myself this morning…

That Friday dance gif will never, EVER get old.

Happy Friday! How’s everyone doing today? I’m obviously super stoked that it’s Friday but honestly, this week actually went by pretty quickly. Jay and I had something going on every night this week, which kept our days busy and moving along quickly. Plus, I guess it doesn’t hurt that there was a birthday thrown in there too!

So let’s see…where did we last leave off? Well yesterday after work I had another dress fitting appointment which was nice because Mal (the almost bride-to-be!) and Denise were there so I got to chat with them for a bit. But besides that, the appointment was pretty awful. In the past three weeks, I’ve apparently grown two more inches, which I know growing is to be expected, but two inches? That was a bit of a shocker. I mean, it is what it is, it’s gonna happen, but I think what got me more than that was the boatload of a price tag I got for the alterations they need to do. It’s costing me almost as much as the dress itself. Good lord…why are they so darn expensive?!

I’ve already found myself being a bit extra emotional this week, so I called my poor mother on my way home and cried it out for a bit with her.

I know, I’m a mess. I admit it. And so does Jay. Darn pregnancy hormones ;)

But hey, after a little pep talk from mom I was feeling better; I came home, ate some leftovers for dinner, watched the rest of Monday night’s bachelor (so long, Amanda!) and Tuesday night’s Cougar Town (LOVE that show!) and spent a bunch of time on Pinterest browsing for Baby Tooth…all of which made me feel muuuuuch better. Sometimes, you just need to veg.

*****

This morning, I was up nice and early for a workout. It never wound up happening last night, but that made me extra motivated to get up up and moving today.

I’m also inserting this old photo into the post just because there seems to be a whole lot of words this morning and not enough visual stimulation. If you’re anything like me, you need some photos. ;)

Today’s workout consisted of 20 minutes of walking intervals on the treadmill, followed by 2, 10-minute segments of my new prenatal pilates DVD. I would have done another had I had time, since I’m totally loving that DVD, but I’d hit the snooze button twice so I was already pressed for time. Whoops.

As I was getting ready for work, I got it into my head that I needed a coffee from Dunkin Donuts this morning. Specifically, a decaf coffee mixed with half a packet of hot cocoa (an old favorite!). I have a DD’s on my way to work, but I had to make sure I gave myself a few extra minutes to leave the house and get to work on time. Well, today the coffee took top priority and breakfast was literally whatever I could throw into my purse quick as I was walking out the door. But hey, it works!

I have some granola packets here at work (along with about a bajillion other desk snacks) so I’m pretty sure I’m not going to go hungry. ;)

Question for the Morning:

Hey, it’s February! What are you most looking forward to this month?

For me, I’d have to say Mexico and Brian & Mal’s wedding. No question about it!

1 Shari February 1, 2013 at 9:02 am

That gif is ADORABLE!
Shari recently posted..A Tale of Two Pictures.

2 Sarah @PickyRunner February 1, 2013 at 9:02 am

I’d be excited about that Mexico wedding too! Sorry you aren’t feeling too great about yourself right now but I’m sure everyone else thinks you look absolutely gorgeous! I feel like pregnant women radiate this glow that makes them more beautiful, not in a weird way, but it’s just something I’ve noticed. You’re going to have a great time there! And sometimes when you need DD, you just need it. Have a great Friday :)
Sarah @PickyRunner recently posted..Too much of a good thing

3 My Neon Running Shoes February 1, 2013 at 9:02 am

You will have such a great time in Mexico! So sorry about the dress situation! It can be a really hard, emotional time! Just know you aren’t alone! And it’s ok to feel that way. But it won’t last forever as you know! I hope your Friday is wonderful Courtney!
My Neon Running Shoes recently posted..14 day challenge and another marathon

4 Jana @ Happy Wife Healthy Life February 1, 2013 at 9:11 am

I totally understand how you feel about alterations! My wedding dress alterations cost half of what my dress cost! Of course, I found my dress for am amazing price so the alterations weren’t a million dollars, but it is the principal of the thing… ;)
Jana @ Happy Wife Healthy Life recently posted..Love is All You Need

5 Melanie @ Beautifully Nutty February 1, 2013 at 9:13 am

Sometimes coffee just must take priority even if it’s decaf! :wink: I am most looking forward to a tropical trip to Turks and Caicos at the end of the month, and of course Valentine’s Day with my sweetie.
Happy Friday!
Melanie @ Beautifully Nutty recently posted..My February Fitness Challenge

6 Nicole @ Fruit 'N' Fitness February 1, 2013 at 9:26 am

I love Dunkin’ Donuts coffee! Dress alterations are a pain for sure. I would be looking forward to MExico if I was you too! I’m just hoping for some warmer weather, woke up with snow again this morning.
Nicole @ Fruit ‘N’ Fitness recently posted..Swimming, Pumpkin Turkey Chili and Banana Muffins

7 Katie @ running4cupcakes February 1, 2013 at 9:36 am

yeah friday!!!! i am looking forward to our first family vacation to florida next week. super excited to see my baby crawling around in the sand and checking out the waves!
Katie @ running4cupcakes recently posted..Hawaiian BBQ Chicken (crockpot)

8 Hope @ With A Side Of Hope February 1, 2013 at 9:36 am

Haha! I love the picture of the cats dancing! I’m sorry about the dress! Alterations are terrible. I’m sure Mexico is going to be so much fun!

I’m looking forward to celebrating my six month wedding anniversary this month. I can’t believe it’s been six months already. Time goes by so quick!
Hope @ With A Side Of Hope recently posted..Fun Finds Friday: Desserts!…

9 Jessica @ Prayers and Apples February 1, 2013 at 9:43 am

Pep talks from mom make everything better :)
Jessica @ Prayers and Apples recently posted..Christians in Super Bowl XLVII

10 cassi February 1, 2013 at 9:53 am

At least you have a good excuse for being emotional. What’s MY excuse for tearing up during The Bachelor last night?! ha
My breakfast the last two days have been Vans GF Blueberry Waffles with PB and banana. So tasty, so not nutritious. I am usually hungry an hour later after a meal like that. :/
cassi recently posted..Chocolate Chip Banana Bread

11 Krystan February 1, 2013 at 9:56 am

I feel ya on the hormones! Last night I was a mess…crying over the most menial things said, then over this sappy beer (of all things!) commercial, finally decided frozen yogurt would be the only thing that could lift my spirits, hubby drove me to the store, and they CLOSED as we were walking towards the door. That led to another crying session. Our poor husbands, lol.

I’ve also got a lot of things to look forward to in Feb. My aunt is coming to town this weekend, visiting the in-laws, my cousin is visiting, and finding out the sex of the baby!!!

12 Courtney February 1, 2013 at 10:21 am

Oh nooooooo! I hope you were able to get some fro yo somehow still?!?

13 Krystan February 1, 2013 at 11:31 am

I settled for frozen lemonade from the grocery store, but you can bet a frozen yogurt trip is in the works for this weekend!

14 Amanda @ .running with spoons. February 1, 2013 at 10:04 am

Putting hot cocoa in coffee? Genius! I definitely need to give that a shot. And girl, you don’t even know some of the crazy things I’ll resort to when I need to get my caffeine fix in. I’ll risk being late and forgo fancy meals for a cup of coffee. That’s love right there. Or maybe they call that addiction… either way ;)
Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted... monthly favorites – january 2013 .

15 Ashley February 1, 2013 at 10:14 am

Glad you’re feeling better! I’m looking forward to a trip to Lake Placid for an ice festivl next week! Never been there but I hear its gorgeous!!
Ashley recently posted..Friday Favorites

16 Courtney February 1, 2013 at 10:21 am

It’s VERY beautiful! It’s actually where I got engaged! We ate dinner at this delicious steak restaurant, which I believe was also a brewery, which is located right in downtown. Have fun!!

17 Beks February 1, 2013 at 10:33 am

Honestly, I’m ready for February to be over. I hate the cold, and I’m not a huge fan of Valentine’s day. Also, it’s the anniversary of my dog’s death, which is always rough.

Sorry for the Debbie Downer moment.

♪You can’t stop Debbie Downer!♫

That aside, I’m thankful it’s Friday. I have my friend’s birthday party at a dueling piano bar tonight, which will be fun. Love dueling piano bars!
Beks recently posted..Musical Review: "Memphis"

18 Jess February 1, 2013 at 10:56 am

I hate to read that you are beating yourself up about the weight you are gaining from your pregnancy! First off, you are gorgeous at any weight and you have to rememeber every extra pound you gain is just helping baby tooth become stronger and healthier! :-) So cheer up girl!

19 Courtney February 1, 2013 at 11:05 am

No, no! It was the cost of the dress alterations that put me over the edge…which was really just silly to get so emotional about in the first place, haha! I know the weight gain is expected :)

20 Silvia @skinny jeans food February 1, 2013 at 11:18 am

I am sure everyone is different with regard to weight gain while pregnant, but according to guidelines you don’t need ‘extra’ calories in the first trimester, only 300 more calories/day in the second, and 450 more cals/day in the third. Just make sure to have really good nutrients!!

Eating for 2 is quite relative….. ;-)
Silvia @skinny jeans food recently posted..Coconut chocolate tart

21 Natalie @ Free Range Human February 1, 2013 at 11:18 am

The cost of alterations are so frustrating! I went through the same thing with my sister’s wedding last spring. I suppose it’s all for a good cause though!
Natalie @ Free Range Human recently posted..You Know Your Stuff, Harry and David!

22 Ashlee February 1, 2013 at 11:38 am

I had pretty much the same night 2 nights ago. Sometimes you just need some couch time!
Ashlee recently posted..DEEEstructive & DEEElicious Copycat Avocado Egg Rolls

23 Sarah @ Making Thyme for Health February 1, 2013 at 11:40 am

I think you look awesome, Courtney. You are healthy and take great care of yourself so your body will bounce right back after, don’t worry! The cost of the alterations just sucks though. This month, I am looking forward to a trip to Lake Tahoe! Whoop!
Sarah @ Making Thyme for Health recently posted..Shiitake Mushroom and Sweet Pea Risotto

24 Cassie @RedLetterDaye February 1, 2013 at 11:58 am

OMG, love that GIF! I’ve never seen it and it made my day. I sent it to a coworker, and it made hers, too.

Out of curiosity, I’d be interested to know how you’re “coping” with the weight gain and body changes? I know this had been an issue with you before pregnancy, and it has been for me, but the idea of being pregnant really scares me. :/ Is that weird? I know my boyfriend wants children, and I think I do, too, but it seems so overwhelming. I’m pretty sure I’d be a crazy emotional, needy, high-maintenance mess. Have you had any of those feelings and how are you handling them (aside from knowing that it’s temporary and worth it in the end to have your bundle of joy)?
Cassie @RedLetterDaye recently posted..Thankful Thursday: Flying Towards February

25 Courtney February 1, 2013 at 12:13 pm

I definitely have days where it’s more difficult to handle the changes than others, but I think that’s normal for all expectant moms…whether you’ve struggled with body image or not. Ultimately though, this is exactly what I want and I would never have it any other way. And that’s what I remind myself on the days that are more difficult, and it helps so much. So right now, I’m going to continue to give baby what he/she needs. :)

26 Lauren February 1, 2013 at 12:53 pm

I’m looking forward to getting another (4th) surgery on my knee in hopes to get results and get my life moving (literally). Courtney, you are going to get bigger, you have a little one growing inside of you. It’s an obvious thing and I think if you go into a dress fitting KNOWING you have gotten bigger, it will help. You need to prepare yourself becuase it’s just common sense as the baby gets bigger so will your belly. And that’s PERFECTLY fine. You’re gorgeous!
Lauren recently posted..The Big Two-Three!

27 Courtney February 1, 2013 at 2:08 pm

Oh, I know that Lauren! While I was surprised to have grown 2 inches in three weeks, the thing that set me off with the tears had nothing to do with that. It was the alterations, which maybe I didn’t quite explain well enough in the post? :)
Thank you though, for the kind words!

28 Sara @ fitcupcaker February 1, 2013 at 1:20 pm

I am looking forward to alot of things this month…valentines day!, birthdays, my fit test…so much :) Also my push up challenge that I am doing with Becky from olivesnwine!
Sara @ fitcupcaker recently posted..Push Up Challenge: Day 2

29 Khushboo February 1, 2013 at 1:20 pm

Looks like February is wedding month- I can’t wait for my friend’s wedding in 2 weeks :)!

30 Linz @ Itz Linz February 1, 2013 at 1:25 pm

I’m looking forward to February already being over because in March my hubs and I are going to visit both our brothers in Arizona for a week!
Linz @ Itz Linz recently posted..Protein Powder Lovin’

31 michelle kim February 1, 2013 at 1:35 pm

Wow! It’s going to be quite an eventful February for you!
For me, I’ll be running three half marathons this month!
michelle kim recently posted..Scared of Progress

32 Michelle@Peachy Palate February 1, 2013 at 1:42 pm

Pancake Tuesday! As if I need an excuse :) Brighter evenings and slightly warmer temperatures!
Michelle@Peachy Palate recently posted..How do they get the raspberries in?

33 Ellie@Fit for the Soul February 1, 2013 at 2:00 pm

Oooo Mexico and a wedding sound so much fun~! :D And this may be a silly question, but do you drink decaf for all your coffees? I know many women drink regular and some docs say it’s okay, but I’m not sure what’s wrong or right! haha so much info out there. When I was REALLY tired and had to work I did drink a few cappuccinos here and there for the sake of–work! But I think I should be a bit careful :)
Ellie@Fit for the Soul recently posted..PV Body: Fitness Fashion at Your Doorstep

34 Courtney February 1, 2013 at 2:04 pm

I’d say, in a typical week, I drink one coffee a day and maybe 1-2 of them are regular (not decaf). The caffeine has never had an effect on me anyways, so I can’t even tell the difference :)

35 Annette@FitnessPerks February 1, 2013 at 2:21 pm

Mexico will be amazing, no matter what! But I am sure that is so annoying to have to pay for those alterations. ugh. It’s tough, I am sure, to see your body change so much, but I think it’s totally awesome how positive you are –and in recognizing that it’s normal to feel like that once in awhile ;)
Annette@FitnessPerks recently posted..Five Things for a Friday

36 Michelle February 1, 2013 at 2:46 pm

Want to pack me in your suitcase and bring me to Mexico with you;) ?

37 Emily @ Perfection Isn't Happy February 1, 2013 at 4:34 pm

Alterations are SO expensive! My friend is getting married in 2014 and I’m in the wedding. We might be ready for a family by then, so if I’m pregnant, I’ll have to remind myself to go up a few sizes!
Emily @ Perfection Isn’t Happy recently posted..Friday Things

38 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More February 1, 2013 at 8:11 pm

Are they leaving you extra room for the baby bump to grow before the wedding? Or hopefully the wedding is soon…

We used to call coffee w/ hot chocolate the “poor man’s mocha” in college. ;)
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..Fitness Friday – Love Your Abs

39 Amanda @ Let Me Be What's Underneath February 1, 2013 at 8:26 pm

I’m most looking forward to my birthday–it’s at the very end of this month on the 28th, but I’m still excited! :)
Amanda @ Let Me Be What’s Underneath recently posted..Self-Care for the Work-aholic…

40 Katie @ skinnyminniemoves February 1, 2013 at 8:52 pm

That gif made me smile! No big plans for feb. Just looking forward to getting stronger and making new recipes!

41 Audrey Adams February 1, 2013 at 9:35 pm

I’m most excited about my coming up half marathon in 16 days now. Woo! And as soon as I get this month down, its less than three months till graduation. (Way too excited).
*P.S. Your birthday Italian dinner post made me want some Italian food tonight so i made some yummmm!!! (Eggplant for the win) And I blogged about it since you were saying about how not many healthy living bloggers post about Italian food. lolz

Have a good weekend!
Audrey Adams recently posted..Somewhat Italian

42 Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl February 1, 2013 at 11:18 pm

I love those workout shoes! I am usually a bright/colorful shoes kind of person, but there is something totally awesome about a black sneaker. I think they make you seem extra serious and like you are ready to get down to business! ;)
Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl recently posted..Two Dishes in One: Vegetable Quinoa Pasta

43 Kelly @ Femme Fitale February 2, 2013 at 1:39 am

My mom (and husband) got to experience many of my emotional tears over the past 9 months. That’s what they’re there for, right??! ;)

My February excitement: we’ll have a +1 by the end of it!!! Crazy!
Kelly @ Femme Fitale recently posted..Obliviously Active

44 Jenn February 2, 2013 at 9:10 am

Please know that YOU are NOT alone. I have been feeling emotional as well throughout my pregnancy. About several things, one being my growing body. I’m here for you if you ever want to email me and chat about it : )
Jenn recently posted..What does recovery look like?

45 Brittany @ DulceVie February 2, 2013 at 4:51 pm

I love the cat pic! I am looking forward to being one month closer to the summer :)
Brittany @ DulceVie recently posted..Friday Faves: Snack Talk

46 Bek @ Crave February 3, 2013 at 11:47 pm

Aw don’t take it to heart. Remember your body is going through something amazing and when you have that little boy/girl, everything is going to be worth it and there’ll be no issue. You’re not putting on weight- your baby is.
Bek @ Crave recently posted..A Dinner Experiment With Success