No Plans

by Courtney on February 2, 2013

Well hello, good morning, and happy Saturday to you all! Things are going quite well over here so far this morning but first, let’s back up a bit to last night.

Last night, Jay and I had NO plans, which was fantastic. I had been waiting all day to just get home from work, put on some cozies, eat, and relax…and that’s exactly what we did. Now, on a typical Friday night, it’s actually very rare that we cook. We usually order in or pick up something like Chipotle or Moe’s to bring home, since we’re both too lazy by Friday evening to put forth much effort in the kitchen…but it was a different yesterday!

We’re still trying to work through our Omaha Steaks order from December, so a few days ago we ended up taking a couple of steaks out of the freezer to thaw and cook up. Rather than just eat them plain though, I thought it’d be fun to incorporate them into some wraps instead.

So once the steaks were cooked and sliced, we added some feta cheese, spinach, tomato slices, and fresh homemade guacamole. They turned out soooooo good.

On the side we had some frozen veggies from TJ’s that were actually pretty good, too.

After dinner, the three of us hung out for a bit…and some of us were a bit more lazy than others.

Our little guy was ALL over us last night.

He was totally diggin’ my belly…I think he knows somebody’s in there. Winking smile

We also rented Perfect Pitch from Redbox, which I’ve been waiting to see for months now. Jay and I actually really love a capella singing, so the movie was definitely a hit for both of us.

There was also a piece of leftover birthday cake enjoyed during the movie, too. Winking smile

*****

This morning, I decided to get up and get my workout done right away, rather than lounge around for hours on end like I’ve been doing the past few Saturdays. Don’t get me wrong, I love being lazy…I just have plans to be ready for later today!

Today’s workout included 30 minutes of walking intervals with a few inclines thrown in, followed by a slightly varied version of this full body circuit workout. The workout felt great, and by the time I was finished, it was definitely time to make some breakfast.

Since today’s workout went a bit longer than they have been lately, I made sure to refuel properly with plenty of protein and healthy fats. That included a scrambled egg + egg white with spinach, plus two pieces of toast with peanut butter and almond butter + jelly.

Breakfast also included a yummy, decaf, hot cocoa coffee, and the whole meal was just a total winner.

Later this afternoon, I’m heading out for the evening/night to celebrate the future bride-to-be…it’s bachelorette party time for Mal! Which also means I get to spend the evening with most of these fabulous ladies. So excited!!

I’m pretty sure we have a fun night planned that she’s sure to love, but I’m thinking that it’ll definitely be pretty interesting being the only sober one at the party.

Hey, I guess maybe I’ll have to see if I can find some fun, virgin drinks to enjoy while I’m out. Winking smile Any suggestions??

*P.S. – The Baby Tooth page was updated yesterday!

1 Divya @ Eat.Teach.Blog. February 2, 2013 at 11:44 am

I love Pitch Perfect!!! I downloaded their soundtrack and have been listening to it non-stop.
Divya @ Eat.Teach.Blog. recently posted..All The Things I’m Loving

2 Ashley @ Life and Fitness February 2, 2013 at 11:59 am

Aww I love your cat pictures, too cute! I’m not a big drinker so my go-to virgin drink is some seltzer with cranberry juice.
Ashley @ Life and Fitness recently posted..Catching Up

3 Chelcie @ Chelcie's Food Files February 2, 2013 at 12:09 pm

That wrap sounds amazing! Anything with added guac is sure to be good! And pitch perfect my favorite movie ever! I’ve seen it about 10 times now I’m so obsessed
Chelcie @ Chelcie’s Food Files recently posted..Back in the US + Farewell Dinner

4 Nicole @ Fruit 'N' Fitness February 2, 2013 at 12:11 pm

Peanut butter and almond butter in one breakfast, sounds delightful! Your little man looked happy to have the three (can’t forget baby tooth) of you home lounging around last night!
Nicole @ Fruit ‘N’ Fitness recently posted..Registered

5 Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl February 2, 2013 at 12:11 pm

Mmmm!! Homemade guacamole! :) Those wraps had to taste amazing. There is nothing quite like a homemade meal!

I saw Pitch Perfect in theaters and loved it. It is so upbeat, positive, and inspirational, and the great music doesn’t hurt either!
Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl recently posted..Two Dishes in One: Vegetable Quinoa Pasta

6 Kim@hungryhealthygirl February 2, 2013 at 12:12 pm

I love having no plans on Friday night. I’m always so wiped out from the weekend. I want to see pitch perfect so bad!! Have a blast tonight!!
Kim@hungryhealthygirl recently posted..Carrot Cake Vita Tops {Giveaway}

7 Sarah February 2, 2013 at 12:17 pm

You haven’t seen pitch perfect until now? Oh god I’ve seen it 4 or 5 times!!! It sounds like my ideal night. Steak and a movie that has me rolling with laughter… Nothing better. Have fun at the party tonight!
Sarah recently posted..Pocketful of Sunshine

8 Amanda @ .running with spoons. February 2, 2013 at 12:27 pm

As delicious as your dinner looks, I have to admit that I still side with Chipotle… but that’s probably mostly because we don’t have it up here in Canada so I jump on whatever opportunity I can get to eat it :D
Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted... the problem with getting personal .

9 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey February 2, 2013 at 12:32 pm

We’re really the same person. We never cook on Friday nights, but yesterday we made Mexican food because were going out with some friends tonight. Twinsies!
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..fun facts friday

10 Lauren @ Chocolate, Cheese and Wine February 2, 2013 at 12:39 pm

I have heard that some of the “girly” mixed drinks are pretty good without the alcohol, just a thought.
Lauren @ Chocolate, Cheese and Wine recently posted..Superbowl 2013 Appetizer Recommendations & HAPPY BIRTHDAY

11 Allison February 2, 2013 at 12:47 pm

Isn’t Pitch Perfect hilarious!? I love it. Have a great time tonight!
Allison recently posted..It’s the Freakin’ Weekend..

12 Lift, Sleep, Eat February 2, 2013 at 12:47 pm

I really want to see Pitch Perfect it looks so good!
hope you have a good night out; I virtually never drink so I’m always on the “virgin drinks” haha – i always just opt for something like a slim line tonic..how boring is that hah!
Lift, Sleep, Eat recently posted..Phew It’s Friday!

13 Kelsey@ kelseyruns February 2, 2013 at 12:54 pm

I love Pitch Perfect! I think it’s definitely on par with The Hangover in the hilarity department. Can’t stop laughing!
Kelsey@ kelseyruns recently posted..Gorgeous Friday!

14 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake February 2, 2013 at 12:55 pm

That wrap looks delicious! You had me at homemade guac!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..On Tap for the Weekend

15 Elizabeth @ My Neon Running Shoes February 2, 2013 at 1:33 pm

Have fun at the bachelorette party! Any kind of smoothie is always my go to for virgin drinks! Or sparkling cider is fun for champagne :-)
Elizabeth @ My Neon Running Shoes recently posted..Purple passion cake balls

16 Danica @ It's Progression February 2, 2013 at 1:38 pm

Most Friday nights my husband and I are just wiped out from the week and all we want to do is relax at home. Lately, homemade pizza + drinks + sweatpants + the couch has been our Friday of choice :)
Danica @ It’s Progression recently posted..inspiring health and fitness mantras

17 Em February 2, 2013 at 1:41 pm

I love bachelorette parties! Something fruity like a virgin strawberry daiquiri would be a good choice. It’s actually really fun to be the only sober one, though having another sober buddy to share in laughing at your drunk buddies is even better!!
Em recently posted..Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Loaf

18 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles February 2, 2013 at 1:45 pm

I have yet to try Chipotle, which really kind of depresses me. But I’d be tempted by the steaks too, I love the idea of adding steaks into wraps!
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..Rehashing January.

19 Lisa February 2, 2013 at 1:50 pm

I plan on watching pitch perfect tonight and I’m SO excited, I hear awesome things. I still haven’t tried Chipotle, Canada really needs to get on some of these trends.
Lisa recently posted..Comfort Breakfast

20 Brooke @ Running In Heels February 2, 2013 at 2:34 pm

Sounds like my kind of Friday night :)

21 Kristen @ notsodomesticated February 2, 2013 at 2:35 pm

I had a bartender make me a nonalcoholic strawberry mojito a couple of months ago, and it was amazing! It definitely made me feel like it was a special occasion. :)
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..Spicy Parmesan Pasta with Chicken Sausage

22 Courtney February 2, 2013 at 2:47 pm

That sounds so good! I may have to try that :)

23 sara @ fitcupcaker February 2, 2013 at 2:51 pm

I love movie nights in..thats exactly what we did last night :) I also made guac yesterday, so good!
sara @ fitcupcaker recently posted..Oats & More Oats

24 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More February 2, 2013 at 3:16 pm

I’m always a fan of Shirley Temples! Or a virgin pina colada! ;)
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..Stress.

25 Shel@PeachyPalate February 2, 2013 at 3:38 pm

I love anything fruity and tropical! I’d go pineapple juice mocktail! :) Maybe blended up with some banana, ice, lime and a little sugar for sweetness!
Shel@PeachyPalate recently posted..By: Anna @AnnaTheApple

26 Ellie@Fit for the Soul February 2, 2013 at 5:27 pm

My wraps rarely stay together haha :P And I heard that there’s a study that cats know when a woman’s pregnant.
Ellie@Fit for the Soul recently posted..PV Body: Fitness Fashion at Your Doorstep

27 Lyndsay @ Where the heart is February 2, 2013 at 6:02 pm

Pitch Perfect was awesome! Have fun at the part-ay tonight… Call me crazy but I usually like the virgin slushy drinks better than the alcoholic versions… Daquiris, margaritas etc. SO sweet but so good.
Lyndsay @ Where the heart is recently posted..{Friday Love} 01-02-13

28 Linz @ Itz Linz February 2, 2013 at 7:07 pm

we redboxed perfect pitch last night too!! so cute (minus the barf scenes – UGH!) we had a lazy night last night and another one tonight. couldn’t be happier about it!
Linz @ Itz Linz recently posted..Protein Powder Lovin’

29 Katie @ SkinnyMinnieMoves February 2, 2013 at 9:39 pm

I’ve been wanting to see pitch perfect! I like that pink mug too!

30 Avery @ Southern Belle Living Well February 2, 2013 at 10:32 pm

Pitch Perfect is hilarious! It’s the new Mean Girls, for sure. I’m a big fan of nights in too. They’re my time to relax and rejuvenate for the upcoming week!

31 Bek @ Crave February 3, 2013 at 11:52 pm

Brekky looks yum! Haha, and take photos and videos to use as future blackmail? Or not ;) Haha. I really enjoyed Pitch Perfect too! It’s funny as and actually really surprising.
Bek @ Crave recently posted..A Dinner Experiment With Success

32 Christy February 4, 2013 at 8:45 am

I’ve read that cats can hear ultrasonic sounds… maybe your little furman can hear your Baby Tooth.
Christy recently posted..No Spring Chicken