Mal’s Bachelorette Party

by Courtney on February 3, 2013

So I’m pretty sure my ears are still ringing from last night. Woweeee!

But despite the fact that I’m still having a hard time hearing, it was all totally worth it for Mal’s bachelorette party.

Late yesterday afternoon, we arrived up at my cousin’s apartment to set up for the evening’s festivities. Of course, we had plenty of food to snack on, including some pizza that arrived a little later as well.

We all had some fun playing a few games with Mal, including a game that involved Brian (the groom-to-be) to answer a questionnaire ahead of time. We then asked Mal to answer all of the questions and every time she got one wrong, she had to drink. Winking smile

FYI: It’s also a super fun game to play at a wedding shower, which we did at mine forever ago. Instead of taking a drink for every wrong question, I had to chew a new piece of gum. It’s so funny.

Mal, of course, being the rock star fiancé that she is, was killing it at the questions.

I guess those two really are meant to be. Smile

The evening also involved some apples to apples (“drinking edition”) which I more than happily took part in with my water.

And then a little while later, we had cake…

Baking and decorating skills courtesy of Sarah herself. Winking smile

There were no plates needed for that bad boy…everyone just dug right in with their forks.

Around 10pm-ish (I think?) we left the apartment and headed out to a couple bars in downtown Saratoga to really get the party started!

Here’s me with all of my beautiful cousins (all Jay’s, but really, they’re mine too…even though they’re more like friends).

You guys know Mal, Denise, and Sarah, but I don’t think you’ve “met” Meg yet. They’re all a blast and I love ‘em all to pieces. Smile

As for my beverages of choice for the evening? I started out with some sort of fruity concoction, seen above, which was really tasty (heavy on the pineapple – yum) but a little too sweet to continue for the whole evening. So I just stuck with water…a lot of water.

The whole crew! (plus a way cool creeper in the background)

We ended up going to another bar after this one, which was a lot more crowded and definitely a LOT louder (hence my ringing ears today) but I think everyone was having a great time. We kept out dancing shoes moving until a little after 1:00am, before finally calling it a night. SO much fun!

*****

This morning, I slept in for a bit (and loved the fact that I didn’t have to worry about a hangover!) and made breakfast shortly after waking.

Breakfast of choice today was some thick, creamy, stovetop oatmeal mixed with blueberries and topped with a big scoop of crunchy peanut butter.

I’m taking today off from working out (my legs got enough of a workout last night!) and am now trying to decide what I want to make to bring to the Super Bowl party we’re headed to later this afternoon. I have quite a few choices I’m going back and forth with on my Sweet Treats Pinterest board…we’ll have to see what I can come up with!

Question for the Morning:

Do you have any big plans for the Super Bowl today? Making anything yummy??

1 Sarah @PickyRunner February 3, 2013 at 11:17 am

I can’t wait for my friends to start getting engaged so I can go to parties like this! It looks like you had a blast, especially digging into that cake! Apples to apples is fun, sober or not. I usually don’t mind going to the bars with my friends even though I don’t drink. It just means I get to have all the fun without the regret in the morning :)
Sarah @PickyRunner recently posted..A New Record?

2 Avery @ Southern Belle Living Well February 3, 2013 at 11:24 am

I’m totally making something amazing for Super Bowl Sunday….if I can find an easy enough recipe. I’m not always the best in the kitchen, but I like to think I am!
Avery @ Southern Belle Living Well recently posted..Not Giving In + Spiced Butternut Veggie Soup

3 Jessica @ Prayers and Apples February 3, 2013 at 11:34 am

That would be an awesome feeling to have a night like that but then still feel amazing when you woke up lol :) …not too sure what the plans are for today, texting and trying to figure out as we speak :) hope you guys have a fun day!
Jessica @ Prayers and Apples recently posted..Christians in Super Bowl XLVII

4 Jana @ Happy Wife Healthy Life February 3, 2013 at 11:43 am

We are headed over to my parents’ in a little bit for the Super Bowl! I am making a Pinterest recipe, chocolate cobbler! Can’t wait to see how it turns out! :) Have a great Sunday girl!

5 Marielle February 3, 2013 at 11:47 am

I’m impressed you stated out that late since u are pregnant! I have a hard time staying out until 11:30 and I have no excuse….I’m 30. Lol.
Marielle recently posted..Day Trip

6 Allison February 3, 2013 at 12:13 pm

How fun! That looks like such a great time. No big plans today…the boyfriend and I aren’t planning on getting out of our sweats at all. Wild and crazy kids we are.

7 michelle kim February 3, 2013 at 12:34 pm

I’ll be making stromboli. I got the idea from your site to make those whenever we have a potluck (hehe… I cheat and get the already-made pizza dough). Looks like you had a wonderful Saturday!

8 Chelsea @ LittleOneRuns February 3, 2013 at 12:37 pm

wow lol love the creeper in the background, he is having way too much fun. Mmmm blueberries, oh how i’ve missed you. glad to hear you had a good night :)
Chelsea @ LittleOneRuns recently posted..Oh What A Mess It’s Been

9 Ashley @ Life and Fitness February 3, 2013 at 12:44 pm

That creeper guy totally wishes he was partying with you guys! haha
Ashley @ Life and Fitness recently posted..Home on a Sunday

10 Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl February 3, 2013 at 1:03 pm

It looks like you had a fabulous time at the bachelorette party. It just goes to show that you can not drink and still have lots of fun! :)

That cake looks amazing and I absolutely love that you all just dug right in without using plates. That is too funny! ;)

A drinking version of Apples to Apples?? How does one incorporate drinking into the game?
Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl recently posted..Mexican Grilled Cheese Sandwich

11 Danica @ It's Progression February 3, 2013 at 1:11 pm

We’re having friends over tonight for the game…we’re making homemade pizzas, they’re bringing some snacky stuff, and I’m also in charge of dessert…I haven’t decided what to make yet!
Danica @ It’s Progression recently posted..workouts 1/27 – 2/2: February’s fitness plan

12 Kerry@TheAdventuresofZ&K February 3, 2013 at 1:19 pm

We had a gathering here at work today (I live in Baltimore after all!). Knowing there may be some not-so-healthy snacks I contributed a fresh fruit salsa with cinnamon sugar pita chips for dipping (thanks Pinterest). Kiwi, apple, blueberries, strawberries all chopped up into tiny pieces. It was a (healthy) hit!

13 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey February 3, 2013 at 1:20 pm

Sounds like a fun night! And Im not going to lie, not having to worry about a hangover sounds pretty darn good to me!

14 Elizabeth @ My Neon Running Shoes February 3, 2013 at 1:27 pm

What a trooper you are! One am is late when you’re pregnant haha. I am makin cookie dough brownies and cake batter puppy chow today :-)

15 Khushboo February 3, 2013 at 1:36 pm

So completely random but I think you will share my enthusiasm over this cake I just had: Choc sponge filled with layers of lavender, hazelnut and caramel ice cream…I died!
Khushboo recently posted..CrossFittin’

16 Nicole @ Fruit 'N' Fitness February 3, 2013 at 1:38 pm

I plan on returning from the gym in time to watch the game and eat some leftover chili. The boyfriend went back up to school to enjoy the day with his guys. Sometimes I think it’s nice to give them their guy time. Plus, that means I dont have to clean up after all of them :)
Nicole @ Fruit ‘N’ Fitness recently posted..7 Miles and Wild Thyme

17 Sri Devi February 3, 2013 at 1:45 pm

I’m going to make zucchini brownies for the first time. I hope they turn out alright! Wish me luck, ha.

18 Melanie @ BeautifullyNutty February 3, 2013 at 1:49 pm

It looks like you had a great time! We are heading to our friend’s place for the Super Bowl and I’m bringing homemade garlic Parmesan popcorn!
Melanie @ BeautifullyNutty recently posted..A Day of Comfy Tummy Snacks and Meals

19 Shel@PeachyPalate February 3, 2013 at 1:59 pm

No Superbowl festivities in Ireland! :) Looks like a great night! I don’t really drink these days….love waking up feeling fresh!
Shel@PeachyPalate recently posted..Ultimate times two

20 Lyric February 3, 2013 at 2:02 pm

Well I was suposed to go visit the grandparents and watch the super bowl with them, but as it turns out I had a very busy weekend in Vancouver and didn’t get back untill early this morning! So my parents headed over there sans me and I will probably be enjoying it with a couple of friends and a batch of Oh She Glows enchiladas (Go 49ers!!!)
Lyric recently posted..The reason

21 Amanda @ .running with spoons. February 3, 2013 at 2:05 pm

Oh that cake – I seriously died :lol: Most of my friends are already married so it’s been a while since I’ve been able to enjoy some bachelorette party shenanigans… miss them! And I might need to take some inspiration from your Sweet Treats board… I was planning on doing some baking tonight but I haven’t been able to decide what I want to make.
Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted... it’s the little things… like good mascara .

22 Katie @ skinnyminniemoves February 3, 2013 at 2:21 pm

Baltimore girl over here! CHEERING FOR MY RAVENS!!!!! People need to stop downing us! Bleed purple :)

23 Natalie@ free range human February 3, 2013 at 2:46 pm

That cake is too funny! I literally forgot the Super Bowl is today-we’re not football fans around here!

24 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles February 3, 2013 at 2:48 pm

That looks like so much fun! I need more friends to get engaged so I can go to more bachelorette parties.

No Superbowl plans tonight – the boy and I don’t have cable and don’t care enough about it to find a party or whathaveyou. So just a night in for us!

25 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake February 3, 2013 at 3:46 pm

Looks like a fun night! Unfortunately, I won’t be watching the Super Bowl/attending any parties/making anything yummy… I’ve got a stack of research papers to grade. :-(
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..On Tap for the Weekend

26 Jamie February 3, 2013 at 3:55 pm

We’re going to a party later this evening, so I just finished up making your Orange Cream Soda Cupcakes and the Oreo cupcakes, both for the first time. They’re both delicious, but those Orange cupcakes are AMAZING!!! Thanks for sharing such great recipes!

27 Kristen @ notsodomesticated February 3, 2013 at 3:55 pm

Aww looks like you had fun! You’re a trooper for having a late night while pregnant. If I’m awake past 10:00 right now, it’s a “late” night! ;)
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..Spicy Parmesan Pasta with Chicken Sausage

28 Lauren February 3, 2013 at 4:09 pm

Such a classy Bachelorette cake ;-) Gotta love it!
Lauren recently posted..It’s A-Okay

29 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More February 3, 2013 at 4:36 pm

I’m excited for some homemade pizza with dairy free cheese so I can eat it! Plus, I’ll probably have a beer on the side. ;)
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..CHO-tastic!

30 Bek @ Crave February 3, 2013 at 11:55 pm

That looks like a total blast! Love the penis cake and the no need for plates haha. Can’t wait to attend and have my own hens party :P
Bek @ Crave recently posted..A Dinner Experiment With Success

31 Jenn February 4, 2013 at 7:24 am

I can relate! it is so nice to not have to wake up to a hangover : )
Jenn recently posted..What does recovery look like?