Mal’s Bachelorette Party

So I’m pretty sure my ears are still ringing from last night. Woweeee!

But despite the fact that I’m still having a hard time hearing, it was all totally worth it for Mal’s bachelorette party.

Late yesterday afternoon, we arrived up at my cousin’s apartment to set up for the evening’s festivities. Of course, we had plenty of food to snack on, including some pizza that arrived a little later as well.

We all had some fun playing a few games with Mal, including a game that involved Brian (the groom-to-be) to answer a questionnaire ahead of time. We then asked Mal to answer all of the questions and every time she got one wrong, she had to drink. Winking smile

FYI: It’s also a super fun game to play at a wedding shower, which we did at mine forever ago. Instead of taking a drink for every wrong question, I had to chew a new piece of gum. It’s so funny.

Mal, of course, being the rock star fiancé that she is, was killing it at the questions.

I guess those two really are meant to be. Smile

The evening also involved some apples to apples (“drinking edition”) which I more than happily took part in with my water.

And then a little while later, we had cake…

Baking and decorating skills courtesy of Sarah herself. Winking smile

There were no plates needed for that bad boy…everyone just dug right in with their forks.

Around 10pm-ish (I think?) we left the apartment and headed out to a couple bars in downtown Saratoga to really get the party started!

Here’s me with all of my beautiful cousins (all Jay’s, but really, they’re mine too…even though they’re more like friends).

You guys know Mal, Denise, and Sarah, but I don’t think you’ve “met” Meg yet. They’re all a blast and I love ‘em all to pieces. Smile

As for my beverages of choice for the evening? I started out with some sort of fruity concoction, seen above, which was really tasty (heavy on the pineapple – yum) but a little too sweet to continue for the whole evening. So I just stuck with water…a lot of water.

The whole crew! (plus a way cool creeper in the background)

We ended up going to another bar after this one, which was a lot more crowded and definitely a LOT louder (hence my ringing ears today) but I think everyone was having a great time. We kept out dancing shoes moving until a little after 1:00am, before finally calling it a night. SO much fun!

*****

This morning, I slept in for a bit (and loved the fact that I didn’t have to worry about a hangover!) and made breakfast shortly after waking.

Breakfast of choice today was some thick, creamy, stovetop oatmeal mixed with blueberries and topped with a big scoop of crunchy peanut butter.

I’m taking today off from working out (my legs got enough of a workout last night!) and am now trying to decide what I want to make to bring to the Super Bowl party we’re headed to later this afternoon. I have quite a few choices I’m going back and forth with on my Sweet Treats Pinterest board…we’ll have to see what I can come up with!

Question for the Morning:

Do you have any big plans for the Super Bowl today? Making anything yummy??

Comments

I can’t wait for my friends to start getting engaged so I can go to parties like this! It looks like you had a blast, especially digging into that cake! Apples to apples is fun, sober or not. I usually don’t mind going to the bars with my friends even though I don’t drink. It just means I get to have all the fun without the regret in the morning :)
    Sarah @PickyRunner recently posted..A New Record?

2. Allison says

How fun! That looks like such a great time. No big plans today…the boyfriend and I aren’t planning on getting out of our sweats at all. Wild and crazy kids we are.

I’ll be making stromboli. I got the idea from your site to make those whenever we have a potluck (hehe… I cheat and get the already-made pizza dough). Looks like you had a wonderful Saturday!

It looks like you had a fabulous time at the bachelorette party. It just goes to show that you can not drink and still have lots of fun! :)

That cake looks amazing and I absolutely love that you all just dug right in without using plates. That is too funny! 😉

A drinking version of Apples to Apples?? How does one incorporate drinking into the game?
    Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl recently posted..Mexican Grilled Cheese Sandwich

We had a gathering here at work today (I live in Baltimore after all!). Knowing there may be some not-so-healthy snacks I contributed a fresh fruit salsa with cinnamon sugar pita chips for dipping (thanks Pinterest). Kiwi, apple, blueberries, strawberries all chopped up into tiny pieces. It was a (healthy) hit!

I plan on returning from the gym in time to watch the game and eat some leftover chili. The boyfriend went back up to school to enjoy the day with his guys. Sometimes I think it’s nice to give them their guy time. Plus, that means I dont have to clean up after all of them :)
    Nicole @ Fruit ‘N’ Fitness recently posted..7 Miles and Wild Thyme

Well I was suposed to go visit the grandparents and watch the super bowl with them, but as it turns out I had a very busy weekend in Vancouver and didn’t get back untill early this morning! So my parents headed over there sans me and I will probably be enjoying it with a couple of friends and a batch of Oh She Glows enchiladas (Go 49ers!!!)
    Lyric recently posted..The reason

Oh that cake – I seriously died 😆 Most of my friends are already married so it’s been a while since I’ve been able to enjoy some bachelorette party shenanigans… miss them! And I might need to take some inspiration from your Sweet Treats board… I was planning on doing some baking tonight but I haven’t been able to decide what I want to make.
    Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted... it’s the little things… like good mascara .

9. Natalie@ free range human says

That cake is too funny! I literally forgot the Super Bowl is today-we’re not football fans around here!

That looks like so much fun! I need more friends to get engaged so I can go to more bachelorette parties.

No Superbowl plans tonight – the boy and I don’t have cable and don’t care enough about it to find a party or whathaveyou. So just a night in for us!

11. Jamie says

We’re going to a party later this evening, so I just finished up making your Orange Cream Soda Cupcakes and the Oreo cupcakes, both for the first time. They’re both delicious, but those Orange cupcakes are AMAZING!!! Thanks for sharing such great recipes!

Trackbacks