Cranky Pants

I hate to say it, but it’s true…I’m feeling like a bit of a cranky pants this morning.

I’m thinking I must still not be caught up on sleep from the weekend because I am absolutely wiped today. I woke up around 5:30 for my workout, feeling tired, but I usually start to perk up a bit once I’m moving around. This morning? Sooo not the case. I didn’t even want to finish the whole walking routine that I planned on doing, and wound up cutting things short to about 30 minutes, which definitely tells you something. I told Jay to make sure that he MAKES me go to bed early tonight…no arguments!

Luckily, I had a really great workout yesterday after work to make up for this morning’s lackluster performance.

(we play our DVD’s on our PlayStation, in case you’re wondering what’s up with the controller) ;)

I decided to try out my new Summer Sanders’ Prenatal Workout DVD, which had me a little iffy at the start. Even though I’d read the reviews and most were great, I kept getting the feeling that it was going to be a bunch of fluff and not a very great workout…boy, was I wrong!

Summer uses a resistance band for her strength work, but since I no longer have one (mine snapped) I just used a set of 5lb dumbbells instead, which worked great. I love me some dumbbells.

Other than that, the only other “equipment” I needed were some pillows for the floor work (since I shouldn’t be lying flat on my back anymore).

The workout lasted about 45 minutes, and by the end my muscles were most definitely feeling it. I’m really excited to have this DVD in my lineup, and am thinking I’ll plan on incorporating at least once a week.

Breakfast

Since I did absolutely ZERO prep of anything last night, I had to take care of everything this morning. Thankfully, I had some leftover chili that I’m bringing for lunch, and breakfast came together pretty quickly too.

I had a jar of almost-empty peanut butter to use up, but rather than make oats in a jar, I decided to switch it up slightly and mixed about 1/4 cup of muesli with some plain Greek yogurt, strawberries, and bananas.

The stuff certainly doesn’t photograph well but hey, what can ya do?

*****

So I didn’t get a chance to watch The Bachelor last night, but I did happen to catch a couple of minutes right around where Tierra was laughing her evil cackle right after she had gotten a rose from what sounds to be a 2 on 1 date? Ughh…seriously, Sean? What is the DEAL?! I’m convinced they’re just keeping her in the show merely for entertainment purposes at this point. I mean, really…that can’t be normal, can it? Either way, I’ll have to try to watch last night’s episode tonight since I know tonight is a two-parter.

It’s so much fun to get caught up in all this crazy girl drama-rama. ;)

Question for the Morning:

If you could only have ONE piece of workout equipment to use, what would it be?

Comments

1. Kelsey Y. says

I’m feeling the cranky pants today as well, and believe its because I’m completely and utterly sleepy! I’m hoping I’ll be able to get a little pep in my step. Not quite sure how I will end up doing that but at least I’m thinking at this point!

I hear ya with the Bachelor, I think they are keeping her on for entertainment as she is such an actress. So ANNOYING!! Anyways, I would want to keep my exercise ball because you can do so many great exercises with the ball. Hope you have a great Tuesday!!
    Karen recently posted..Tank Top Tuesday

3. Elizabeth @ my neon running shoes says

I’m excited to watch part two also! Sorry you’re having an off morning! I’d definitely choose my running shoes :-)

Gah I hate starting my morning on the wrong foot- hope your day perks up! Overnight oats in a jar were breakfast today and boy is it a bittersweet feeling- it’s back to square 1 in getting another empty jar ;)!

I feel so cranky this morning too… I think this winter is just really draggin’ for me.

If I could only have one piece of workout equiptment, it would be foam roller. I know that you don’t really workout with it, but I can’t live without that thing for after my workouts.
    Melissa @ Freeing Imperfections recently posted..Why I Run

6. Mary says

I have to say, Tierra doesn’t really bother me that much. What I find really annoying is anyone who tries to tell Sean how bad Tierra is. I mean really, you get 10 minutes alone with the guy, and instead of trying to impress him with something good about you, you want to tell him how “evil” Tierra is for playing the game? Guess there’s nothing good about you then.
    Sorry, that’s my rant. :) Have a great day!

I hope the day gets better Court! Sleep definitely makes a difference for me too!

I haven’t watched The Bachelor yet either, but Tierra was already driving me nutzo last week so I can only imagine how annoyed by her I’ll be this week when I finally get a chance to watch it. ;)

If I could only have one piece of workout equipment, I’d go with a pair of 10 lb dumbbells or a kettlebell.
    Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries recently posted..Detour

Sorry to hear you’re not so happy :( At least you got out of bed and did it…I couldn’t even do that today! The Bachelor was NUTS. I am mad. That is all. Is it mean that I know something bad happens to Tierra on tonight’s episode and I’m watching it anyway? I just can’t stop. Once you start, you’re pretty much roped in for life :(
    Allîson recently posted..Ask Away!

I really hope Tierra loses but Sean seems to like her for some reason! If I had only one piece of equipment it would probably be a treadmill. Despite our love and hate relationship, running makes me feel beter (even if it is on a treadmill).

I have been struggling after not getting enough sleep Sunday night and yesterday I was a bit of a cranky pants myself! This morning though I got up and worked out and it is amazing how much my attitude changed. Unfortunately I don’t think I will be getting the sleep I need until tomorrow night since the bachelor is on again!

Oh, and I he picks Tierra in the end, I am seriously done watching forever! I am having a Courtney Robertson/Ben Flajnic déjà bye right now! Ha!

I hate days like that too. . . good for you for at least trying to workout! I totally agree about The Bachelor – they have to be keeping her around just for the drama. . . and oh my goodness it looks like the drama is going to happening tonight! My favorite equipment is my running shoes – but I also love to use the BOSU ball in my aerobics classes.

If I had to choose, I’d pick dumbbells! You can do so much with them, and I would take my cardio outside!

I haven’t gotten into The Bachelor this round, but your posts make me want to dive in now! I love me some drama-rama! (On TV, NOT in real life! )
    Heather @fitncookies recently posted..First look at a house!

13. Tori says

Although I think this probably would change frequently, if I had to choose one piece of workout equipment right now I would choose my Bosu ball. A killer for abs, arms, and legs! :)

I was feeling kind of cranky pants yesterday, but so far so good today :D Hope your day gets better as it goes on! As for the piece of workout equipment I couldn’t do without… I hate to admit it, but the treadmill. As much as I gripe about it, I live in a place where it’s not always possible to get outside to go for a walk/run (especially in the winter), so being able to get my walk on inside is a luxury I wouldn’t give up.
    Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted... the truth hurts .

Glad that the video ended up being a good one. Always hard when they start out slow! :) I couldn’t get by without my stationary bike. Sounds silly, but it’s super easy to hop on and get a good hour workout (while watching things like the Bachelor or RHOBH!)
    Colleen recently posted..My January Goal

Tierra is certainly an interesting one…and not in a good way! :/

Originally, to answer your question of the day, I was going to say a treadmill. But since I can walk/run outside, the one piece of workout equipment that I would want would be free weights. Then I could strength train AND do cardio! :)
    Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl recently posted..Two-Ingredient Taquitos

Chin up, buttercup! At least the day can only get better from there, right? :) If I could only have one piece of workout equipment it would definitely be dumbbells because I can do cardio outside-but I’m not about to start lifting logs or encyclopedias to tone my arms up!

18. Angel says

We all have our cranky days!
    I was looking for a new workout DVD myself and thought it would be awesome if you put all your workout DVD reviews in one place on the blog when you get the chance. I always love to try something i’ve heard good things about!

Umm, a barbell! Barbells for squats, for bicep curls, for deadlifts, for lunges…yeah, I think if i had to pick one it would be the barbell.

I don’t like Tierra at all. I think they’re just keeping her on there for entertainment as well. I need to catch up on last nights episode as well.
    Audrey @ In Shape Cupcake recently posted..Running Late

20. Marielle says

Ugh I’ve felt cranky pants today too, not sure why. My favorite piece of exercise equipment is my yoga mat: I love body weight exercises. Oh and yea I hate Tiara too, ugh but I can’t stop watching.