Cranky Pants

by Courtney on February 5, 2013

I hate to say it, but it’s true…I’m feeling like a bit of a cranky pants this morning.

I’m thinking I must still not be caught up on sleep from the weekend because I am absolutely wiped today. I woke up around 5:30 for my workout, feeling tired, but I usually start to perk up a bit once I’m moving around. This morning? Sooo not the case. I didn’t even want to finish the whole walking routine that I planned on doing, and wound up cutting things short to about 30 minutes, which definitely tells you something. I told Jay to make sure that he MAKES me go to bed early tonight…no arguments!

Luckily, I had a really great workout yesterday after work to make up for this morning’s lackluster performance.

(we play our DVD’s on our PlayStation, in case you’re wondering what’s up with the controller) ;)

I decided to try out my new Summer Sanders’ Prenatal Workout DVD, which had me a little iffy at the start. Even though I’d read the reviews and most were great, I kept getting the feeling that it was going to be a bunch of fluff and not a very great workout…boy, was I wrong!

Summer uses a resistance band for her strength work, but since I no longer have one (mine snapped) I just used a set of 5lb dumbbells instead, which worked great. I love me some dumbbells.

Other than that, the only other “equipment” I needed were some pillows for the floor work (since I shouldn’t be lying flat on my back anymore).

The workout lasted about 45 minutes, and by the end my muscles were most definitely feeling it. I’m really excited to have this DVD in my lineup, and am thinking I’ll plan on incorporating at least once a week.

Breakfast

Since I did absolutely ZERO prep of anything last night, I had to take care of everything this morning. Thankfully, I had some leftover chili that I’m bringing for lunch, and breakfast came together pretty quickly too.

I had a jar of almost-empty peanut butter to use up, but rather than make oats in a jar, I decided to switch it up slightly and mixed about 1/4 cup of muesli with some plain Greek yogurt, strawberries, and bananas.

The stuff certainly doesn’t photograph well but hey, what can ya do?

*****

So I didn’t get a chance to watch The Bachelor last night, but I did happen to catch a couple of minutes right around where Tierra was laughing her evil cackle right after she had gotten a rose from what sounds to be a 2 on 1 date? Ughh…seriously, Sean? What is the DEAL?! I’m convinced they’re just keeping her in the show merely for entertainment purposes at this point. I mean, really…that can’t be normal, can it? Either way, I’ll have to try to watch last night’s episode tonight since I know tonight is a two-parter.

It’s so much fun to get caught up in all this crazy girl drama-rama. ;)

Question for the Morning:

If you could only have ONE piece of workout equipment to use, what would it be?

1 Kelsey Y. February 5, 2013 at 8:56 am

I’m feeling the cranky pants today as well, and believe its because I’m completely and utterly sleepy! I’m hoping I’ll be able to get a little pep in my step. Not quite sure how I will end up doing that but at least I’m thinking at this point!

2 Melanie @ Beautifully Nutty February 5, 2013 at 8:56 am

Keep your head up! You’ll come around. :smile:
I agree that they are just keeping her on the show for entertainment purposes. Sean is smart enough to see her true not so sweet dramatic side. Why is that show so darn addicting?
Take care of you honey! Hope your day turns around.
Melanie @ Beautifully Nutty recently posted..Enjoyable Salmon and the Room Reveal

3 Karen February 5, 2013 at 8:57 am

I hear ya with the Bachelor, I think they are keeping her on for entertainment as she is such an actress. So ANNOYING!! Anyways, I would want to keep my exercise ball because you can do so many great exercises with the ball. Hope you have a great Tuesday!!
Karen recently posted..Tank Top Tuesday

4 Elizabeth @ my neon running shoes February 5, 2013 at 8:57 am

I’m excited to watch part two also! Sorry you’re having an off morning! I’d definitely choose my running shoes :-)

5 Karen @ Runner Girl Eats February 5, 2013 at 8:58 am

Hope your day turns around soon! I think I’d chose a kettleball as my one piece. Love swinging that thing around!

6 Khushboo February 5, 2013 at 9:00 am

Gah I hate starting my morning on the wrong foot- hope your day perks up! Overnight oats in a jar were breakfast today and boy is it a bittersweet feeling- it’s back to square 1 in getting another empty jar ;)!

7 Melissa @ Freeing Imperfections February 5, 2013 at 9:00 am

I feel so cranky this morning too… I think this winter is just really draggin’ for me.

If I could only have one piece of workout equiptment, it would be foam roller. I know that you don’t really workout with it, but I can’t live without that thing for after my workouts.
Melissa @ Freeing Imperfections recently posted..Why I Run

8 Lindsey February 5, 2013 at 9:08 am

My yoga mat!
Lindsey recently posted..Weekend Snapshots

9 Mary February 5, 2013 at 9:12 am

I have to say, Tierra doesn’t really bother me that much. What I find really annoying is anyone who tries to tell Sean how bad Tierra is. I mean really, you get 10 minutes alone with the guy, and instead of trying to impress him with something good about you, you want to tell him how “evil” Tierra is for playing the game? Guess there’s nothing good about you then.
Sorry, that’s my rant. :) Have a great day!

10 Erica February 5, 2013 at 9:19 am

I definitely agree with you about Tierra! They must make people stay just for the drama. It sucks you in – can’t wait to watch tonight!
Erica recently posted..February Foto Challenge: Day 4

11 Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries February 5, 2013 at 9:25 am

I hope the day gets better Court! Sleep definitely makes a difference for me too!

I haven’t watched The Bachelor yet either, but Tierra was already driving me nutzo last week so I can only imagine how annoyed by her I’ll be this week when I finally get a chance to watch it. ;)

If I could only have one piece of workout equipment, I’d go with a pair of 10 lb dumbbells or a kettlebell.
Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries recently posted..Detour

12 Allîson February 5, 2013 at 9:25 am

Sorry to hear you’re not so happy :( At least you got out of bed and did it…I couldn’t even do that today! The Bachelor was NUTS. I am mad. That is all. Is it mean that I know something bad happens to Tierra on tonight’s episode and I’m watching it anyway? I just can’t stop. Once you start, you’re pretty much roped in for life :(
Allîson recently posted..Ask Away!

13 Molly @ Just Your Average Athlete February 5, 2013 at 9:28 am

Kettlebells! I love working out with those, but I don’t really want to buy any until I move out of my apartment. I don’t think swinging kettlebells around in a small area would be the smartest thing :P
Molly @ Just Your Average Athlete recently posted..Fight for Air Climb Recap

14 Paige @ Your Trainer Paige February 5, 2013 at 9:28 am

I DVR’d the Bachelor, but haven’t watched it yet! I figured Tierra would get the rose though. The show really sets us up to hate her guts…and it works!
Hope today is a MUCH better day for ya, girl <3
Paige @ Your Trainer Paige recently posted..Kitchen Uncertainties

15 Stellina @ My Yogurt Addiction February 5, 2013 at 9:29 am

I really hope Tierra loses but Sean seems to like her for some reason! If I had only one piece of equipment it would probably be a treadmill. Despite our love and hate relationship, running makes me feel beter (even if it is on a treadmill).

16 Laurie @ Love, Laugh, Laurie February 5, 2013 at 9:31 am

I love Summer Sanders! She was pretty awesome back in the day! And Tierra is the WORST! She’s not even entertaining, she makes my blood boil!
Laurie @ Love, Laugh, Laurie recently posted..Weekend Recap

17 Natalie @ Free Range Human February 5, 2013 at 9:32 am

I hope the day gets better for you! If I could only pick one piece of a equipment it would definitely be my treadmill. I try really hard to keep up with strength training, but, once a cardio queen, always a cardio queen!
Natalie @ Free Range Human recently posted..Colorado 2013!

18 Jana @ Happy Wife Healthy Life February 5, 2013 at 9:34 am

I have been struggling after not getting enough sleep Sunday night and yesterday I was a bit of a cranky pants myself! This morning though I got up and worked out and it is amazing how much my attitude changed. Unfortunately I don’t think I will be getting the sleep I need until tomorrow night since the bachelor is on again!

Oh, and I he picks Tierra in the end, I am seriously done watching forever! I am having a Courtney Robertson/Ben Flajnic déjà bye right now! Ha!

19 Linz @ Itz Linz February 5, 2013 at 9:36 am

probably an exercise ball since there’s a billion things you can do on it! plus then it can double as a chair :)
Linz @ Itz Linz recently posted..Healthy Tropical Rice Pudding

20 Avery @ Southern Belle Living Well February 5, 2013 at 9:38 am

My own treadmill! I have to go to a gym to use one, ap having my own at home would be nice!

21 Ashley @ Life and Fitness February 5, 2013 at 9:39 am

Not getting enough sleep def. messes with my head too. I never use resistance bands because I’m always afraid of them snapping and hitting me haha. If I had to choose only one piece of equipment, I would pick a jump rope.
Ashley @ Life and Fitness recently posted..Some Eye Candy For Your Tuesday

22 Sarah @PickyRunner February 5, 2013 at 9:44 am

I hate those days where you just kind of feel blah. I certainly have them all too often. Usually a good hard run or workout puts me in the mood! My favorite workout equipment? hot pink RUNNING SHOES.
Sarah @PickyRunner recently posted..Solid Effort

23 Suzanne @ Fit Minded Mom February 5, 2013 at 9:49 am

A stability ball!! You can do so much with it, including using it for pushups, abs, wall squats, back extensions and much much more!!

And give yourself a break my friend. 30 minutes of exercise first thing in the morning is great, especially being pregnant. Think about how many people do NOTHING each day!!
Suzanne @ Fit Minded Mom recently posted..Where I lost my Trader Joes Viriginity

24 Katie @ running4cupcakes February 5, 2013 at 9:50 am

I hate days like that too. . . good for you for at least trying to workout! I totally agree about The Bachelor – they have to be keeping her around just for the drama. . . and oh my goodness it looks like the drama is going to happening tonight! My favorite equipment is my running shoes – but I also love to use the BOSU ball in my aerobics classes.

25 Heather @fitncookies February 5, 2013 at 10:01 am

If I had to choose, I’d pick dumbbells! You can do so much with them, and I would take my cardio outside!

I haven’t gotten into The Bachelor this round, but your posts make me want to dive in now! I love me some drama-rama! (On TV, NOT in real life! )
Heather @fitncookies recently posted..First look at a house!

26 Tori February 5, 2013 at 10:06 am

Although I think this probably would change frequently, if I had to choose one piece of workout equipment right now I would choose my Bosu ball. A killer for abs, arms, and legs! :)

27 Sarah @ Making Thyme for Health February 5, 2013 at 10:07 am

I agree with you on Tiara. They are keeping her for drama, just like every other year! I would have to say dumbbells because you can do so much with them.
I hope your mood improves some through the day! :)

28 Amanda @ .running with spoons. February 5, 2013 at 10:08 am

I was feeling kind of cranky pants yesterday, but so far so good today :D Hope your day gets better as it goes on! As for the piece of workout equipment I couldn’t do without… I hate to admit it, but the treadmill. As much as I gripe about it, I live in a place where it’s not always possible to get outside to go for a walk/run (especially in the winter), so being able to get my walk on inside is a luxury I wouldn’t give up.
Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted... the truth hurts .

29 Colleen February 5, 2013 at 10:25 am

Glad that the video ended up being a good one. Always hard when they start out slow! :) I couldn’t get by without my stationary bike. Sounds silly, but it’s super easy to hop on and get a good hour workout (while watching things like the Bachelor or RHOBH!)
Colleen recently posted..My January Goal

30 Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl February 5, 2013 at 10:41 am

Tierra is certainly an interesting one…and not in a good way! :/

Originally, to answer your question of the day, I was going to say a treadmill. But since I can walk/run outside, the one piece of workout equipment that I would want would be free weights. Then I could strength train AND do cardio! :)
Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl recently posted..Two-Ingredient Taquitos

31 Kristy @ Kristy's Health Revolution February 5, 2013 at 10:42 am

Sean can’t be that stupid, it has to be for ratings that she’s still there. He cannot really be buying her drama. I only caught the end, like you, but I couldn’t believe he kept her around LAST week. Sheesh.
Kristy @ Kristy’s Health Revolution recently posted..Beyonce Body

32 Elaine @ Cooking to Perfection February 5, 2013 at 11:10 am

I’m having the same kind of day. It was SO hard to get out of bed this morning and I’ve felt off ever since. Here’s to hoping both of us can get to bed really early tonight!
Elaine @ Cooking to Perfection recently posted..Crock Pot Creamy Spaghetti

33 Danica @ It's Progression February 5, 2013 at 11:44 am

I toooootally had that “cranky pants” attitude yesterday…I have no idea why either, and I don’t have pregnancy or lack of sleep to use as my excuse, either. Oops. ;)
Danica @ It’s Progression recently posted..hp article shares

34 Claire @ Keeping Up With Claire February 5, 2013 at 12:11 pm

Chin up, buttercup! At least the day can only get better from there, right? :) If I could only have one piece of workout equipment it would definitely be dumbbells because I can do cardio outside-but I’m not about to start lifting logs or encyclopedias to tone my arms up!

35 Annette@FitnessPerks February 5, 2013 at 12:21 pm

It was so hard for me to get up out of bed & go teach bodyPUMP this morning! Ugh. I hope I can take a nap later on somehow. Hah ;)
Annette@FitnessPerks recently posted..Bothersome Things Fitness Instructors Do

36 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake February 5, 2013 at 12:24 pm

Ugh, I was a bit of a cranky pants this morning too! I’m slowly starting to snap out of it though!

I love my resistance band! I never knew how much you could do with it until I started taking CX Worx at my gym; now I love it!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..Weekend Recap: 2/1 &ndash; 2/3

37 Angel February 5, 2013 at 12:42 pm

We all have our cranky days!
I was looking for a new workout DVD myself and thought it would be awesome if you put all your workout DVD reviews in one place on the blog when you get the chance. I always love to try something i’ve heard good things about!

38 Courtney February 5, 2013 at 1:04 pm

Hey Angel!
I actually do have a post written with some of my favorites (although it doesn’t have the prenatal ones): http://www.sweettoothsweetlife.com/2011/05/20/my-favorite-workout-dvds/

39 Shel@PeachyPalate February 5, 2013 at 1:44 pm

I would LOVE my own treadmill! would be so handy!!! nothing like a good DVD though. Hope you get caught up on sleeps tonight and your day isn’t too taxing!
Shel@PeachyPalate recently posted..Partially homemade

40 Sara @ fitcupcaker February 5, 2013 at 2:08 pm

I missed the bachelor too because the satellite went out, dang snow storm! I need to catch up but I really think they just put girls like that on the show for drama..it cant be real!
Sara @ fitcupcaker recently posted..Paleo Sunshine Muffins & A Healthy Breakfast

41 Audrey @ In Shape Cupcake February 5, 2013 at 3:20 pm

Umm, a barbell! Barbells for squats, for bicep curls, for deadlifts, for lunges…yeah, I think if i had to pick one it would be the barbell.

I don’t like Tierra at all. I think they’re just keeping her on there for entertainment as well. I need to catch up on last nights episode as well.
Audrey @ In Shape Cupcake recently posted..Running Late

42 Marielle February 5, 2013 at 4:27 pm

Ugh I’ve felt cranky pants today too, not sure why. My favorite piece of exercise equipment is my yoga mat: I love body weight exercises. Oh and yea I hate Tiara too, ugh but I can’t stop watching.

43 Angela February 5, 2013 at 4:43 pm

Tierra is crazy. I feel like at this point Sean knows it and they are keeping her around for ratings… At least I hope!
Angela recently posted..My 25th Birthday

44 Bek @ Crave February 6, 2013 at 1:09 am

Hmm, one piece- an aerobic step with risers! Being an Body Step instructor and all, it makes sense ;)
Bek @ Crave recently posted..Post Workout Fuel