WIAW: But Monday

by Courtney on February 6, 2013

Happy WIAW! To be honest with you, I’m shocked we’ve already made it to Wednesday…for whatever reason, I felt like this week was going to take for-ev-er, but it’s actually going by surprisingly fast. Win!

Today’s WIAW is more like what I ate, Monday. Not all of my food has been exciting and/or interesting these days, but Monday wound up having some good eats…so let’s get to it!

Breakfast – 8:30am

You guys…eating heated up scrambled eggs is SO much better than I could have thought.

I also got a new work coffee mug – you liiiiike? Tar-jay, baby!

On Monday morning before work, I made a failed attempt at an omelet 2 scrambled eggs with spinach and provolone cheese, and topped them with some mango salsa. I just reheated them in the microwave at work and, voila! Like they were just cooked. So, so good.

Mid-Morning Snack – 10:30am

As delicious as my eggs were, I was hungry again a couple hours later (no surprise), so I snacked on a banana with peanut butter.

Can’t beat that combo. Ever.

Lunch – 1:15pm

I actually made this lunch on Sunday afternoon, before heading out for the Super Bowl, since I knew I’d be too pooped to do it either at midnight or the next morning.

I used some romaine as a base for this amazingly delicious taco salad, which included grape tomatoes, baby carrots, corn, black beans, TJ’s roast turkey, salsa, and homemade guacamole. I also wound up breaking up some TJ’s tortilla chips and added them on top for some extra crunch.

Why do I not make taco salads more often? Seriously.

Mid-Afternoon Snack – 3:45pm

Hunger struck again, so I grabbed the apple cinnamon Chobani that was waiting for me in the fridge. Always a good choice.

Dinner – 7:00pm

Once I got home from work on Monday, I got my workout done and then ended up snacking on some leftover taco dip from Sunday while I cooked dinner.

This dinner, to be exact.

And actually, it couldn’t have gotten much easier. In a skillet, I simply cooked up the rest of a bag of TJ’s frozen veggies (which come in a light garlic butter sauce…omg) with the couple remaining slices of roast turkey I had.

My ranch dressing craving struck again, so that bowl wound up getting a little drizzle after the photo. Winking smile

To go with my veggie and turkey bowl, I also added a little mozzarella cheese to a mini whole wheat LaTortilla Factory wrap and threw it under the broiler for a few minutes to get everything melted.

So simple. So awesome.

Dessert – 8:45pm

Shortly before heading to bed, my sweet tooth struck (no surprise there!) so I dug in to one of my leftover Chex Scotcharoos.

Alright you guys…these things are GOOD. And oddly enough, have any of you ever tried the Caramel Macchiato coffee from The Fresh Market (which has LONG been a favorite of mine, btw)? For whatever reason, these things smell JUST like that coffee…no joke. And Jay even agrees with me, so I swear my sniffer isn’t just going crazy. Winking smile

A scrumptious day of eats AND I actually got a good amount of veggies thrown in there, which is always a plus…especially since I’m not craving them so much these days!

Question for the Morning:

On an ideal WIAW, what would be one meal/snack that would most definitely make an appearance for you?

1 Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl February 6, 2013 at 8:11 am

I would never think that reheated scrambled eggs would be good, but I am SO glad that you shared that! I am sure that the addition of veggies, salsa, and possibly cheese certainly helps to enhance their taste. Plain reheated eggs might not be quite as good…but, then again, I could be wrong! ;) Either way, I will definitely be giving that method a try.

Ahhh…that banana is so calling my name. I just LOVE the ones with brown spots on them. That is the perfect ripeness.

And that Chex scotcharoo has now got my sweet tooth going extra early this morning..thanks a lot! ;)
Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl recently posted..Omaha Eats: McFoster’s Natural Kind Cafe

2 Melanie @ Beautifully Nutty February 6, 2013 at 8:14 am

That is one yummy day of Monday eats! And again, those scotcheroos are a huge weakness of mine, and I went a little crazy on them at the Super Bowl party. Num.
Banana and pb is one snack/mini meal that almost always makes an appearance daily. Like you said, it’s a combo that can’t be beat. They were made for eachother.
Happy Wednesday!
Melanie @ Beautifully Nutty recently posted..You Can’t Always Win

3 Paige @ Your Trainer Paige February 6, 2013 at 8:18 am

Looks like a good balanced day of eats! :) Aaand now I want to start my day off with a scotcharoo. Or some FM caramel macchiato coffee. I miss Fresh Market! I don’t think they have them here in CO?
Paige @ Your Trainer Paige recently posted..Consistent (Not Boring!) & a New Nutty Snack Time {WIAW

4 Sarah @PickyRunner February 6, 2013 at 8:19 am

I love fresh market. I blow my entire week’s food budget in there when I go. It’s dangerous. I could actually live in that store. Your dinner looks delicious! I love green beans and quesadillas so that is right up my alley :)
Sarah @PickyRunner recently posted..Branching out

5 Kim@hungryhealthygirl February 6, 2013 at 8:19 am

Looks like a fabulous day of eats! Love the quesadilla idea. Apple slices and nutbutter always make an appearance on my WIAW!!
Kim@hungryhealthygirl recently posted..Favorite Meals from the Past Week

6 Ashley @ Life and Fitness February 6, 2013 at 8:22 am

I’ve been the loving the salsa lately too. I’ve been loading my baked potatoes up with it. Peanut Butter is one food that always makes it into my meals!
Ashley @ Life and Fitness recently posted..WIAW!-Last Friday Edition

7 Khushboo February 6, 2013 at 8:22 am

YUM all round- I can’t decide what looks best (after the Chex Scotcharoos) ;)! An ideal day of eats would definitely include chocolate in some form…and peanut butter!

8 Tara | Treble in the Kitchen February 6, 2013 at 8:37 am

My day usually starts with a healthy bowl of overnight oats…so easy to prep the night before and eat at my desk after the gym while checking e-mails at work :)
Tara | Treble in the Kitchen recently posted..Healthy Date Night Dinner: Portabella Pizzas and Black Bean Brownies

9 Brooke @ Running In Heels February 6, 2013 at 8:48 am

Chex scotcharoos sound amazing!! Definitely need to try those one of these days :)
Brooke @ Running In Heels recently posted..Crockpot Barbecue Pork Tenderloin Recipe and a Bachelor Party

10 Nicole @ Fruit 'N' Fitness February 6, 2013 at 8:51 am

I love leftovers but never reheat them (other than soup and chili). You are brave to try reheating eggs! I’m glad it turned out well. Peanut butter and banana is the perfect combo.

11 Claire @ Keeping Up With Claire February 6, 2013 at 8:56 am

Banana and peanut butter for me too! I feel like something is wrong if I don’t get my daily dose of PB, and the banana is just the vehicle for more of it.
Claire @ Keeping Up With Claire recently posted..Juicing Machine

12 Courtney February 6, 2013 at 10:23 am

Hahaha…so true ;)

13 Lindsey February 6, 2013 at 8:59 am

A snack of plain Greek yogurt mixed with almond butter, blueberries and dark chocolate pieces.

14 Avery @ Southern Belle Living Well February 6, 2013 at 9:02 am

Well, there would definitely be some peanut butter involvement, some greek yogurt, baby carrots, CHOCOLATE…hmm…is this suppose to be a healthy WIAW, or an actual ideal WIAW. Cause if it’s ideal, my whole day = dessert.

15 Natalie @ Free Range Human February 6, 2013 at 9:11 am

I always think the same thing every time I make taco salad! My ideal WIAW has got to include a Greek yogurt-it almost always does!
Natalie @ Free Range Human recently posted..Some Things To Shoot For

16 Geraldine @ Healthy Living Cailín February 6, 2013 at 9:11 am

I couldn’t have a jar of peanut butter at my desk (if I had one) I have no self control but I love banana and PB. Those Scotcharoos look so good.

17 Elizabeth @ My Neon Running Shoes February 6, 2013 at 9:13 am

I agree heating up eggs is the way to go! My husband says they taste different but it’s so easy and way less messy!
Elizabeth @ My Neon Running Shoes recently posted..Embarrassing selfies and dinner reminiscing

18 Shel@PeachyPalate February 6, 2013 at 9:24 am

That’s a hard one….I’d go pancakes as long as nut butter is involved! :)
Shel@PeachyPalate recently posted..Partially homemade

19 Jana @ Happy Wife Healthy Life February 6, 2013 at 9:26 am

I love fresh market coffee! The beat flavor I have had was red velvet, holy yum! :)

Let’s see, an ideal snack for me would be Greek yogurt with honey and granola, or a massive protein shake. Dashing dish has some of the best shake recipes!

20 Courtney February 6, 2013 at 10:23 am

Red velvet??!? I think I need to go back to Fresh Market ASAP!

21 Karen February 6, 2013 at 9:27 am

Those Scotcharoos look so good! For a snack, I usually always have an apple with almond butter, def a staple for me.
Karen recently posted..What I Ate & Wore Wednesday

22 Sara @ fitcupcaker February 6, 2013 at 9:30 am

I have some mango salsa in my fridge right now that I have been eating for the past few days and it is awesome! Ive eaten it on eggs too! What a simple and delicious dinner I never thought about just melting some cheese on like a low carb tortilla, so good! And dessert, yum!
Sara @ fitcupcaker recently posted..Meatless Monday & Roasted Chickpeas

23 Laurie @ Love, Laugh, Laurie February 6, 2013 at 9:30 am

I thought this week would take forever too, but it’s definitely flying! Probably because there were two episodes of The Bachelor :) Taco salads are the best, great choice!
Laurie @ Love, Laugh, Laurie recently posted..Recipes Inspired By TJ’s

24 Katie @ running4cupcakes February 6, 2013 at 9:30 am

I love making extra eggs and then putting them in the fridge for a quick meal/snack later in the week. Here is my recipe for no fail omelets – I usually make 1 or 2 extra for later.
Katie @ running4cupcakes recently posted..On the beach

25 chelcie @ chelcie's food files February 6, 2013 at 9:38 am

this week is going by super slow for me too..i think for me its because its the first week of classes..womp womp. All of your eats look delicious as usual! peanut butter and banana is my favorite snack ever
chelcie @ chelcie’s food files recently posted..WIAW-Crock Pot Thai Sweet Potatoes and Lentils

26 Jillian @ Trail Mix Diaries February 6, 2013 at 9:44 am

My lunch is just about the same everyday…. some sort of sandwich (though I do switch it up – bread/tortilla & what’s on the inside), a Chobani & then a “snack” – be it a cheese stick, crackers or piece of fruit. But the one thing that I eat everyday would be – a Chobani at lunch. PS – your salad looks AMAZING.
Jillian @ Trail Mix Diaries recently posted..A new twist on 2 old favorites…

27 Amanda @ .running with spoons. February 6, 2013 at 9:47 am

Oh that’s just a beautiful amount of salsa – I’ve been craving that stuff so bad lately that I’ve just been eating it straight from the jar wit ha spoon… no shame :mrgreen: And I’m afraid I have to disagree with you about the PB and banana combo being the best ever – AB and banana is where it’s at! Buuuuut that might just be my bias speaking up… pesky peanut allergies.

Happy Wednesday!

28 Courtney February 6, 2013 at 10:21 am

I will say…after trying the NaraNatha AB, that would definitely be a close second after PB for me ;)

29 Lyric February 6, 2013 at 9:55 am

An egg and Jelly sandwich on a english muffin. Don’t knock it till you try it!
Lyric recently posted..No Pictures

30 Courtney February 6, 2013 at 10:21 am

Oh, I’m with you! It’s definitely a favorite of mine!!

31 Sarah @ Making Thyme for Health February 6, 2013 at 9:58 am

I would say yogurt because I am addicted to it.

Are those black bowls just recycled bowls or do you buy them? And how do you have time to make an omelet in the morning? Do you wake up super early before work?

32 Courtney February 6, 2013 at 10:20 am

They’re actually recycled from one of our favorite Italian take-out places lol. They’re some of my favorite plastic containers!

And for the eggs, it probably only took me about 7-8 minutes to cook. Seriously! Not long at all :)

33 Sarah February 6, 2013 at 11:09 am

Haha..I’ve seen them on your blog for a while and was wondering. Great way to save money and recycle at the same time! ;)
Sarah recently posted..Kale and Spaghetti Squash Casserole + How to Cook Spaghetti Squash

34 Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries February 6, 2013 at 10:05 am

You did indeed do a great job with your veggie intake girl! I’m impressed. ;) Ever since I’ve been pregnant, it’s been more of a challenge for me. I guess it doesn’t help that it’s been over the winter which makes my desire for salads and green smoothies pretty minimal.
Peanut butter ALWAYS has to make an appearance in an ideal WIAW for me… )
Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries recently posted..WIAW #71: Wiped

35 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles February 6, 2013 at 10:07 am

I’ve never tried reheating eggs before…noted!

I’m pretty sure every WIAW includes nut butter…that has to happen daily for me. Right now, I’m obsessed with PB & Co’s Cinnamon Raisin Swirl. It’s amazing!

36 Carissa @ Little Pleasures February 6, 2013 at 10:38 am

Peanut butter would definitely be included in an ideal day of eats for me. :) That taco salad looks pretty scrumptious too, though,

37 Steph @ StephSnacks February 6, 2013 at 10:45 am

I am actually going to TJ’s to do a little food shop tonight! Is their roast turkey any good?
Steph @ StephSnacks recently posted..WIAW – Fire Bird

38 Kelsey February 6, 2013 at 10:50 am

Reheated eggs are so good! I have one of these (below) and always make a few to have on hand for the week. Southwestern Egg Beaters — delish! I’ve also made egg whites with it and cut them up for salad toppers!

39 Lauren February 6, 2013 at 11:46 am

What a delicious day of eats! I usually heat my eggs up in the microwave and always have. I never knew people thought that was odd. :)
Happy Wednesday love!

40 Anna @ToughLipstick February 6, 2013 at 12:03 pm

Look at all those veggies girl! Baby tooth must be happy.

Dark chocolate would play a lead role in my day. Love it!

41 Linz @ Itz Linz February 6, 2013 at 12:10 pm

a rainbow salad! complete with a million veggies (preferably that I didn’t have to clean, cut, and store haha) and nuts and seeds and avocado slices!
Linz @ Itz Linz recently posted..Itz WIAW

42 michelle kim February 6, 2013 at 12:17 pm

Definitely a handful of trail mix! Or at least some dry roasted almonds… and a cup of tea. I’ve been drinking so much tea these days.

43 Annette@FitnessPerks February 6, 2013 at 12:31 pm

I love a good veggie/turkey bowl!

For an ideal day, I’d have to have a snack that included almonds. Love those little guys!
Annette@FitnessPerks recently posted..Ways to Lose Belly Fat

44 Jenna @ Crazy Healthy Fit February 6, 2013 at 12:41 pm

Always almond butter (or some sort of nut butter). I enjoy about 1.5 T with some sprinkles :-)
Jenna @ Crazy Healthy Fit recently posted..Another BURPEE UPDATE

45 Sarah @ Blonde Bostonian February 6, 2013 at 1:10 pm

If peanut butter or almond butter doesn’t make an appearance in a WIAW, something just isn’t right!
Sarah @ Blonde Bostonian recently posted..Work/Life/Blog Balance

46 Stellina @ My Yogurt Addiction February 6, 2013 at 1:37 pm

Yogurt! Or a Clif Z bar :)
Stellina @ My Yogurt Addiction recently posted..How to Motivate Yourself to Workout AFTER Work

47 Kim @ The Family Practice Blog February 6, 2013 at 3:10 pm

Have you looked at the back of that JIF pb? I saw the Skippy natural kind at Target and a quick comparison between the regular and the “natural” the nutrition is the same – kind of annoying, since the natural is more expensive. I wonder if JIF is that way also?
Kim @ The Family Practice Blog recently posted..Special Collections and a Girly Giveaway

48 Brie February 6, 2013 at 6:55 pm

Love the work coffee mug!! Your desk looks a lot like mine with the coffee mug, peanut butter, banana and chobani !!

49 Chelsie February 6, 2013 at 8:12 pm

I need to try the eggs reheated! I’ve debated trying it a time or two but have also feared a disaster and ruined meal at work. Definitely going to go for it!

On an ideal WIAW, peanut butter and banana would make an appearance but lately my bananas are never ripe enough for me by Wednesday! They end up be a weekend eat!
Chelsie recently posted..WIAW: Got Milk?

50 Katy February 6, 2013 at 10:15 pm

Steak, mashed potatoes, and a buffet breakfast!
Katy recently posted..Best Beer For Your Buck

51 Bek @ Crave February 6, 2013 at 11:46 pm

Definitely a good day of eats! Ps. I am getting your emails again- woo!
Bek @ Crave recently posted..How Much Is Too Much?

52 Allison @ Life's a Bowl February 7, 2013 at 4:20 pm

I never would have thought of making a scramble and bringing it to work, fearing that the eggs would get rubbery… That’s awesome that it was still tasty! I’ve been craving Mexican lately so that taco salad sounds delic :) Tortillas with mashed avo + sprinkle of parm cheese is my go-to lately…
Allison @ Life’s a Bowl recently posted..Wonky Tummy & Plain Jane Eats [WIAW]