Feeling Convinced

Sometimes, my Cody can really,ย really make me laugh.

Cody

This is just one of the many positions he was getting himself into last night, after I got home from my “never-ending day.” It all actually ended a bit sooner than I had expected though, and just about everything went smoothly…

-I finished all of my errands throughout the day/after work.

-My bridesmaids dress is still not finished, BUT it will be by later this morning. Thank goodness, the panel they had to add to the back of it came out looking amazing; unfortunately, it also caused the top of the dress to be too big, so they need to take it in on the sides now. (Thankfully, they aren’t charging me anymore for the extra that they have to do!)ย Oy vey. I am very pleased with the way the dress turned out though, so in the end, that’s all that matters. I can’t believe the big day is TOMORROW!

-My 16 week (well, I’m actually 17 weeks today, but you get the idea) prenatal appointment went great! I was actually in and out of the office in about 15 minutes (we were the last appointment of the day and you could tell they were ready to leave). I didn’t feel at all rushed though, and the doctor answered any and all questions that I had, and we even had a few good laughs to boot. We got to hear Baby Tooth’s little heartbeat again, with the doctor saying that everything sounded perfect (she said it was between the high 130s and low 140s). I got my last round of blood work done (we did the genetics testing) and also found out that my weight gain is right on track, so I left the office feeling like quite a happy camper.

I also left the appointment somehow feeling convinced that Baby Tooth is a boy. I have no idea why, and it’s really strange actually because I have so many other things that still make me think girl. But for some reason, I just feel like there’s a little prince in there. But in just a little over three weeks, we’ll know for sure! :)

*****

Once I finished everything I needed to do, it was probably about 7:45pm by the time I got home. I quickly heated up some dinner (the rest of my spaghetti squash with marinara and a sliced chicken sausage like Wednesday), got into my cozies, and flopped on the couch…only to have this guy join me shortly after.

Cody

He was asleep for a while on there (as soon as he sees and gets on a blanket, he’s done for), but then he started getting all cute on me and had me laughing for quite a while.

I mean, look at him playing all shy on me.

Cody

Gosh, I love this little guy. :)

*****

I was in bed before 10pm last night, allowing me to wake up nice and early for a workout this morning. I ended up doing my 10-10-10 Cardio & Strength Circuit which really is becoming a huge favorite of mine. The time goes by wicked fast!

As for food? Well, yesterday’s breakfast looked a lot like today, which was a Chobani (strawberry banana today) mixed with blueberries, bananas, and some cereal. On the side is some half-calf, hot cocoa coffee. YUM.

breakfast

So today? Well, I think today is going to be interesting. We’re expected to get pounded with some snow up here later on (10-16 inches in our area), which could make driving a bit of a pain in the rear end. I am very, very thankful for the fact that all of the wedding festivities we have tonight (Mal & Brian’s rehearsal dinner!) are very close to where we live, so we don’t have too far to drive. I’m just keeping my fingers crossed that all goes smoothly between today and tomorrow!

Happy Friday, everyone!! What’s on the agenda this weekend? Anything fun??

Comments

I have heard a lot of mommas-to-be have that gender intuition before it is confirmed, so who knows, you may be right and it very well could be a little boy! ๐Ÿ˜‰

Be safe with the snow! I saw some areas near Boston could get up to 3 feet.. Yikes!

I honestly think it’ll drive me crazy not knowing the gender of my kids someday. Funny you think it’s a boy now. Can’t wait to find out!

My area is also expected to get a ton of snow. My work is actually not opening today at all! Kinda scares but excited for it. Hope the wedding goes well :)

It’s great to hear that your appointment went well and that everything is right on track :) Interesting about feeling convinced that your baby is a boy. Are you going to find out when you can?

And omigosh I can’t help but comment on Cody’s little pink paws in that second to last picture of him. Puppy (and kitty) paws are seriously one of the sweetest things ever.

Happy Friday, girl! Stay safe in the snow.
    Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted... thinking out loud #18 .

• Courtney says

I don’t know if he quite knows (if he does, he isn’t super vocal about it). I know he’d love a boy, but I do remember him saying he thinks it’s a girl…probably because he’s nervous to have one lol ๐Ÿ˜‰

• says

my husband is the same way (secretly really wants a boy), which is why we didn’t find out what we are having!!! Now at 29 weeks, its torture and i totally want to know :( i have a feeling its a boy though (and no first borns in his extended family have been girls for 2 generations).
        good luck with the wedding! you’re so lucky they could alter your dress so nicely!!!
        shelby recently posted..Super Bowl Festivities

I hope you guys don’t get pounded with snow!! Snow is such an inconvenience!! We don’t have many plans this weekend… hoping to get to bikram on Saturday and Sunday morning and the team I coach has their first soccer game Sunday!
    Linz @ Itz Linz recently posted..Free Flow Friday

5. Heather @fitncookies says

Ahh I hope the snow doesn’t ruin anything! Hoping you have safe travels and the wedding goes off without a problem!

I can’t wait to find out if you’re having a boy or girl

My weekend will be cleaning barn, stacking hay and milking cows! My dad, a dairy farmer, fell on the ice last sunday and broke his hip. So my siblings and I have been sharing the farm chores. Tomorrow we have a big work day planned of cutting, splittting and stacking wood, cleaning barn and calf pens, milking cows and getting some hay from the neighbors. Hopefully the weather will be good to us.
    Have a good weekend!

I love Cody. Those pictures are hilarious. From your posts Cody sounds more like a dog than a cat, I don’t know of many other cat’s who are so friendly. My mom is in town this weekend so i’m really excited to spend time with her!
    Nicole @ Fruit ‘N’ Fitness recently posted..Empty to Full

I cannot wait to find out what you are having!! I am so impatient about stuff like that. When I was pregnant with my son, I had some minor issues so I had lots of sonos and was able to find out at 14 weeks that he was a boy. I loved knowing so early on!!!
    Suzanne @ Fit Minded Mom recently posted..WIAW #20

Cody must know there is another baby coming so he’s getting in his attention while he can! I wish I could scan you today to find out what it is for you. You should be able to see by now. That’s ok though, only a few more weeks! Glad to hear Baby Tooth is doing good and don’t freak yourself out about the Genetic Testing. The results of those tests can be a little silly because it is based on the “odds”. Have a blast at the wedding and a good weekend! :)
    Sarah @ Making Thyme for Health recently posted..Sweet Potato Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Icing

According to wive’s tales, your nose gets “poofy” if you’re having a boy, do you notice any differences in the area?! What things are making you think boy? I’m sure it’s due to wive’s tales ๐Ÿ˜‰

I’m happy to hear your appointments and check-ups are going well! It’s always good news to hear and I’m sure it makes you feel at ease that – in fact – you’re doing everything just fine! I’m not looking forward to this snow at all… At least I’m recovering from surgery so I don’t have to have any anxiety about driving in it.

Elmo always makes my days better, too. Our animals are truly the best lovers :-)
    Lauren recently posted..Surgery Anxiety

My weekend is going to consist of paint! lol We have a never ending painting project at the house we’re building.

Safe travels in this crazy weather we’re about to get!!

When I was prego, I had completely weird dreams– alot. All had me having a baby boy. One consisted of him being born and immediately say “Hi mama!” to me. Very weird.

In the end……… I had THE most beautiful 9lb. 1oz. baby GIRL– Mackenzie Abigail. <3

ya just never know. :-)
    Jenny@thewellnessjourney recently posted..Just A Little Indulgence {Giveaway!}

We are probably going to be snowed in for most of the weekend! There is a blizzard heading our way so we stocked up on the essentials and now we are ust sitting back and waiting for the 24+ inches we are supposed to get!
    Katy recently posted..The Calm Before the Storm

• Courtney says

Yes, I’ll most likely tell but probably not right away. :)
      We do have a few ideas for names, but we can’t totally commit to one yet.

Court, that was G’s heart rate too ….so maybe it’s a little girl?!
    There are SO MANY old wives tales it’s hard to keep track- haha! I CANNOT wait to know though!!
    Holly recently posted..3 Months

14. Mary says

When my sister was pregnant with her girls she craved chocolate, and she doesn’t even like chocolate when she isn’t pregnant. Then when she was pregnant with her boy she craved pepperoni pizza. She also didn’t find out what they were until they were born.

15. Julia says

Your cat is adorable! Ours do the same thing, and it makes me want to hug them all the time. Love your blog, by the way! It keeps me motivated to workout, which I sometimes need. Stay safe in all that snow!

16. Nicole says

Awww – Cody’s white mark on his tummy looks like a little heart shaped. Perfect for Valentine’s!! (Or, should I say, “Puuurrrfect”? )

๐Ÿ˜‰