My Heart Melted

by Courtney on February 11, 2013

So after Saturday’s awesomeness, Jay and I had a pretty good Sunday too.

Our friends Joe & Kate actually stayed over at our place after the wedding, and shortly after we all got up on Sunday we decided to head out to B-Rad’s Bistro for his hangover brunch. No photos this time because I was too lazy, but my plate looked pretty darn similar to last time, and it was pretty darn delicious.

Once we got home from brunch, I was still feeling pretty tired so I wound up crashing on the couch and napping on and off while watching Forgetting Sarah Marshall (<– love that movie!).

A couple of hours later, I got my rear end off the couch, made myself somewhat presentable (this could be arguable), and the two of us went out to visit our friends Josh and Erika, who just recently welcomed a new baby girl into the world. I was so, so excited to see her, but before I could even got my hands on her, this happened…

And, umm, my heart melted.

I don’t think Jay had ever held a baby so young, and although he wasn’t quite prepared for it (Josh pretty much sneak attacked him), I’d say he wound up doing juuuuust fine. I seriously cannot wait to see him as a dad to our little Baby Tooth. It makes me smile every single time I think about it, and it’s probably one of the number one things I’m looking forward to.

FYI: We got a little lazy yesterday and forgot to do a photo for this week’s update…it’ll be up tomorrow morning!

So we spent a couple of hours visiting with the new baby and then we headed back home for a quick dinner. I should mention that this was, of course, after we stopped at the drive-thru of McDonalds on our way home because I was suddenly struck with a craving and just HAD to have some of their french fries. We shared a medium fry and it totally hit the spot. No regrets about that decision whatsoever.

But for our real dinner…I remembered that I had put a container of leftover Crockpot Chicken Taco Chili in the freezer a few months ago, so I decided to take it out earlier in the day to have last night. I heated a portion of it up and made ourselves a couple of wraps, complete with some shredded cheese and guacamole.

They weren’t anything crazy, but they did the trick. ;)

The rest of the evening consisted of some procrastinating on getting ready for the week ahead viewing of the Grammy’s while snacking on a couple of Banana Oatmeal Chocolate Chip cookies that I have stashed in the freezer.

Yes, I have quite a bit stashed in my freezer, don’t I?

*****

This morning, I was up nice and early for a treadmill workout.

I couldn’t quite decide what I wanted to do, so I just wound up doing a bunch of different walking intervals for about 35 minutes; some of which while doing some shoulder exercises with my 5lb dumbbells. My legs were actually still pretty sore from dancing the night away on Saturday, too…go figure?! ;)

Other happenings from today so far? Well, my cup of oats I brought for breakfast exploded in the microwave this morning. That was fun. Almost.

I snacked on the always-awesome combo of peanut butter and banana mid-morning. That was definitely fun.

And I’m pretty sure that Baby Tooth has been trying to say hi to me today, as I’ve definitely been feeling some fun and weird sensations in there….almost like little waves going across my belly. It’s just so darn cool. :)

1 Sana February 11, 2013 at 2:04 pm

Love the pic of Jay + baby. So sweet!

2 Melissa @ Freeing Imperfections February 11, 2013 at 2:05 pm

Okay… that picture is priceless! My heart just about melted too! How sweet. Just wait until you have a sweet little moment like that with your own baby – ah, so exciting!
Melissa @ Freeing Imperfections recently posted..Chasing After What?

3 Julie February 11, 2013 at 2:05 pm

How does that taco chili freeze? I love the recipe but it makes so much, even when I halve it! I hate wasting food

4 Tara | Treble in the Kitchen February 11, 2013 at 2:07 pm

I can’t wait for your next Baby Tooth update :)
Tara | Treble in the Kitchen recently posted..Highlights from the Weekend: High Heel Workout, Fitness Certification, Valentine’s Dance, and More Moving!

5 Linz @ Itz Linz February 11, 2013 at 2:10 pm

SO adorable!! I love when Jonny interacts with babies or small kids – def good preparation for the future!!

6 Sarah @PickyRunner February 11, 2013 at 2:11 pm

Oh my goodness Jay with the baby is just so cute! He is going to be a wonderful dad. I’ve definitely had those days where I just have a hangry monster inside of me that cannot be tamed and I NEED to get something on the road stat. And I’m not even having pregnancy cravings since I’m years away from that point still. Those wraps though look mightyyyy delicious :)
Sarah @PickyRunner recently posted..“Don’t drink all of my coconut water!”

7 Shel@PeachyPalate February 11, 2013 at 2:12 pm

My heart would totally melt too! Such a cute pic!!! :) Russell Brand is so funny; are you a fan of Get Him to the Greek?
Shel@PeachyPalate recently posted..My favourite day of the year

8 Ellie@Fit for the Soul February 11, 2013 at 2:23 pm

awww there’s just something SO HEART MELTING about a dad holding a baby, isn’t there? :) He looks ready to welcome Baby Tooth! And you look so gorgeous Courtney! Your hair looks very classy and good on you.
Ellie@Fit for the Soul recently posted..First Baby Registry and a Day at the Farmers’ Market

9 Gail February 11, 2013 at 2:32 pm

Jay is definitely a natural ! So sweet!

10 Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries February 11, 2013 at 2:37 pm

Ahhh I’m sure it was SO special to see Jay with the little baby! That’s one of the things I’m most looking forward to seeing as well with Cody. I don’t think I’ve ever seen him hold a super tiny baby, and I’m sure it’ll just melt my heart!
Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries recently posted..Embracing the Unknown

11 Paige @ Your Trainer Paige February 11, 2013 at 2:41 pm

Jay looks SO sweet. You guys are going to be absolutely amazing parents, Courtney <3
Paige @ Your Trainer Paige recently posted..Neighbors and Blends Weekend + A Day of Unplugging

12 Danielle @ Truffles n' Treadmills February 11, 2013 at 2:43 pm

That picture is so sweet! I bet you can’t wait to see him hold Baby Tooth!
Danielle @ Truffles n’ Treadmills recently posted..A Little Extra Motivation

13 Steph February 11, 2013 at 2:53 pm

Yay for baby movement! I had my first real “kicks” (vs. flutters) the other morning (I’m 17.3) and was certain my husband would be able to feel them. Not yet, though! Definitely a fun thing to look forward to for the dads-to-be!!

Looking forward to the next Baby Tooth update :)

14 Lisa February 11, 2013 at 2:54 pm

You look gorgeous! Per usual. Ah you guys are going to be the best of parents, I’m too excited for your family! What a beautiful blessing.

15 Allison February 11, 2013 at 3:33 pm

This just sounds like a wonderful weekend! The picture of Jay and the baby is too cute. And no worries about the McDonald’s…I made my boyfriend go there for shamrock shakes last night and I’m not even pregnant…haha
Allison recently posted..Kicking it Off on a Positive Note

16 Annette@FitnessPerks February 11, 2013 at 3:41 pm

It’s totally legit to be sore from dancing at a wedding ;)

great men holding a tiny baby = priceless
Annette@FitnessPerks recently posted..Do Naps Help or Hinder?

17 Kristen @ notsodomesticated February 11, 2013 at 3:58 pm

I can’t wait to see my husband be a daddy, too! That’s definitely one of the things I’m most looking forward to! I know he’s going to be amazing. :)

Just wait until that little one starts really kicking you! I don’t understand how some people don’t know that they’re pregnant until they’re delivering in a toilet … how can you not feel these kicks and punches?!?!
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..32 Weeks: Attending the Birthing Class.

18 Amanda @ .running with spoons. February 11, 2013 at 3:59 pm

There’s seriously nothing sweeter than seeing a man around kids. And I can totally relate to getting hit with those mad McD’s fries cravings – I swear that they make some of the best fast food fries around.
Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted... what’s in my makeup bag .

19 Traci February 11, 2013 at 4:23 pm

you looked absolutely gorgeous on saturday!! it looks like your pregnancy has done great things for you!

20 michelle kim February 11, 2013 at 4:29 pm

Awwww what a lovely picture! I hear moms “become moms” when they are pregnant (as they carry the baby in their womb for 40 weeks). Dads “become dads” when they first hold their little one for the first time. I’m sure your heart will melt all over again when you get to see him holding your baby for the first time!

21 michelle kim February 12, 2013 at 1:48 pm

BTW, I LOVE LOVE LOVE those earrings you’re wearing! You guys look so great in that picture ;)

22 Elizabeth @ My Neon Running Shoes February 11, 2013 at 4:48 pm

I was wondering where the baby tooth weekly post was this morning! No pressure or anything I just look forward to reading them ;-) Love the picture of Jay and the baby. Priceless… until your own of course!
Elizabeth @ My Neon Running Shoes recently posted..Questions and Answers

23 Brooke @ Running In Heels February 11, 2013 at 5:44 pm

LOVE that pic of Jay and the baby!! So cute and I am so excited for you guys!!
Brooke @ Running In Heels recently posted..A Week of Workouts

24 Abby February 11, 2013 at 6:30 pm

Gahhh too cute!! Love that you fulfilled the craving as opposed to just suppressing it. You gotta do what you gotta do! That banana and PB is making my mouth water. Glad you had such a fantastic weekend!
Abby recently posted..Top Fives

25 Brandi February 12, 2013 at 6:16 am

What a really great picture! :) That’s exciting that you are starting to feel the baby move! ;)
Brandi recently posted..Meal planning Suggestions?

26 Sara@fitcupcaker February 12, 2013 at 6:49 am

I haven’t had mcd’s French fries in forever! Sounds so good! Gotta eat what the baby wants sometimes!!
Sara@fitcupcaker recently posted..Push Up Challenge Week 3 & Fit Test

27 Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl February 12, 2013 at 8:21 am

It looks like your hubby is more than ready for your little bundle of joy to arrive. So cute!! :)

MMmmm..McDonald’s french fries. I have not had those in years. I am wondering if they still taste as good as I remember… ;)
Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl recently posted..Vegetable Stuffed Slow Cooker Baked Potatoes with Vegan “Cheese” Sauce

28 Natalie @ Free Range Human February 12, 2013 at 9:11 am

That picture is precious! Seeing my husband be a dad is one of the only reasons I consider having a baby!
Natalie @ Free Range Human recently posted..Pay It Forward

29 Sarah February 12, 2013 at 9:19 am

Aww! It’s always been a dream of mine to be a mom your so blessed :)
On another note, the weirdest thing happened this morning. I decided to change my routine a bit this morning and did one of your circuit workouts- my very first one! It was going great until I completed the jump squats… and blacked out. All I remember is I couldn’t see clearly or hear very well and I felt like a brick. I was screaming (so dramatic I know) and my sister, bless her heart, kept telling me to stop. Then I crashed into bed, and woke up just fine. It was the weirdest thing that has ever happened to me! I don’t have any health issues, so do you know what I may have done wrong? My mom thinks I may not have been breathing correctly. Is it my age (I’m 16)? Thanks!

30 Ashley @ Life and Fitness February 12, 2013 at 9:46 am

Aw that picture is too adorable!!!
Ashley @ Life and Fitness recently posted..BBQ Cauliflower With Yogurt Dip

31 Laurie @ Love, Laugh, Laurie February 12, 2013 at 10:13 am

So cute, Jay is going to be a natural :)
Laurie @ Love, Laugh, Laurie recently posted..Variations on a Theme

32 Allie February 12, 2013 at 10:44 am

I swear a man holding a baby instantly makes him 400 times more sexier! such a cute picture! glad you guys had fun at the wedding :)
Allie recently posted..Happy Birthday to the Most Important Man

33 Jenna @ Crazy Healthy Fit February 12, 2013 at 12:56 pm

I even got teary-eyed seeing Jay holding the little baby. SO happy for you two!
Jenna @ Crazy Healthy Fit recently posted..Hershey 10k Training Plan

34 Angela February 13, 2013 at 12:46 am

I honestly LOVE McD’s French fries… hate to admit it, but I do.
Angela recently posted..On Being An Encourager