My Heart Melted

So after Saturday’s awesomeness, Jay and I had a pretty good Sunday too.

Our friends Joe & Kate actually stayed over at our place after the wedding, and shortly after we all got up on Sunday we decided to head out to B-Rad’s Bistro for his hangover brunch. No photos this time because I was too lazy, but my plate looked pretty darn similar to last time, and it was pretty darn delicious.

Once we got home from brunch, I was still feeling pretty tired so I wound up crashing on the couch and napping on and off while watching Forgetting Sarah Marshall (<– love that movie!).

A couple of hours later, I got my rear end off the couch, made myself somewhat presentable (this could be arguable), and the two of us went out to visit our friends Josh and Erika, who just recently welcomed a new baby girl into the world. I was so, so excited to see her, but before I could even got my hands on her, this happened…

And, umm, my heart melted.

I don’t think Jay had ever held a baby so young, and although he wasn’t quite prepared for it (Josh pretty much sneak attacked him), I’d say he wound up doing juuuuust fine. I seriously cannot wait to see him as a dad to our little Baby Tooth. It makes me smile every single time I think about it, and it’s probably one of the number one things I’m looking forward to.

FYI: We got a little lazy yesterday and forgot to do a photo for this week’s update…it’ll be up tomorrow morning!

So we spent a couple of hours visiting with the new baby and then we headed back home for a quick dinner. I should mention that this was, of course, after we stopped at the drive-thru of McDonalds on our way home because I was suddenly struck with a craving and just HAD to have some of their french fries. We shared a medium fry and it totally hit the spot. No regrets about that decision whatsoever.

But for our real dinner…I remembered that I had put a container of leftover Crockpot Chicken Taco Chili in the freezer a few months ago, so I decided to take it out earlier in the day to have last night. I heated a portion of it up and made ourselves a couple of wraps, complete with some shredded cheese and guacamole.

They weren’t anything crazy, but they did the trick. 😉

The rest of the evening consisted of some procrastinating on getting ready for the week ahead viewing of the Grammy’s while snacking on a couple of Banana Oatmeal Chocolate Chip cookies that I have stashed in the freezer.

Yes, I have quite a bit stashed in my freezer, don’t I?

*****

This morning, I was up nice and early for a treadmill workout.

I couldn’t quite decide what I wanted to do, so I just wound up doing a bunch of different walking intervals for about 35 minutes; some of which while doing some shoulder exercises with my 5lb dumbbells. My legs were actually still pretty sore from dancing the night away on Saturday, too…go figure?! 😉

Other happenings from today so far? Well, my cup of oats I brought for breakfast exploded in the microwave this morning. That was fun. Almost.

I snacked on the always-awesome combo of peanut butter and banana mid-morning. That was definitely fun.

And I’m pretty sure that Baby Tooth has been trying to say hi to me today, as I’ve definitely been feeling some fun and weird sensations in there….almost like little waves going across my belly. It’s just so darn cool. :)

Comments

Oh my goodness Jay with the baby is just so cute! He is going to be a wonderful dad. I’ve definitely had those days where I just have a hangry monster inside of me that cannot be tamed and I NEED to get something on the road stat. And I’m not even having pregnancy cravings since I’m years away from that point still. Those wraps though look mightyyyy delicious :)
    Sarah @PickyRunner recently posted..“Don’t drink all of my coconut water!”

2. Steph says

Yay for baby movement! I had my first real “kicks” (vs. flutters) the other morning (I’m 17.3) and was certain my husband would be able to feel them. Not yet, though! Definitely a fun thing to look forward to for the dads-to-be!!

Looking forward to the next Baby Tooth update :)

You look gorgeous! Per usual. Ah you guys are going to be the best of parents, I’m too excited for your family! What a beautiful blessing.

I can’t wait to see my husband be a daddy, too! That’s definitely one of the things I’m most looking forward to! I know he’s going to be amazing. :)

Just wait until that little one starts really kicking you! I don’t understand how some people don’t know that they’re pregnant until they’re delivering in a toilet … how can you not feel these kicks and punches?!?!
    Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..32 Weeks: Attending the Birthing Class.

Awwww what a lovely picture! I hear moms “become moms” when they are pregnant (as they carry the baby in their womb for 40 weeks). Dads “become dads” when they first hold their little one for the first time. I’m sure your heart will melt all over again when you get to see him holding your baby for the first time!

Gahhh too cute!! Love that you fulfilled the craving as opposed to just suppressing it. You gotta do what you gotta do! That banana and PB is making my mouth water. Glad you had such a fantastic weekend!
    Abby recently posted..Top Fives

7. Sarah says

Aww! It’s always been a dream of mine to be a mom your so blessed :)
    On another note, the weirdest thing happened this morning. I decided to change my routine a bit this morning and did one of your circuit workouts- my very first one! It was going great until I completed the jump squats… and blacked out. All I remember is I couldn’t see clearly or hear very well and I felt like a brick. I was screaming (so dramatic I know) and my sister, bless her heart, kept telling me to stop. Then I crashed into bed, and woke up just fine. It was the weirdest thing that has ever happened to me! I don’t have any health issues, so do you know what I may have done wrong? My mom thinks I may not have been breathing correctly. Is it my age (I’m 16)? Thanks!

Trackbacks

1. […] know how I talked about all of the stuff I have in my freezer the other day? Well, here’s just one more to add to the list of things that were in the freezer […]