I Didn’t Quit Blogging!

by Courtney on February 12, 2013

WELL. The past 24 hours have been quite interesting with the ol’ blog.

Things started out last night…

twitter

It was quickly brought to my attention that my blog seemed to have just up and disappeared, and a bunch of you thought I actually decided to quit blogging. No worries, my friends! That is totally not the case…

Long story short, I know what happened…I had switched servers away from BlueHost (they just weren’t being great) but they also happened to delete a specific file that they were told not to. Oh, how lovely of them, right?

I thought things were resolved this morning when I was able to access the blog for just enough time to post this week’s Baby Tooth update. But then about five minutes later, it was gone again…and up until right now, about 5:30pm, I was unable to access it (even though some of you were throughout the day, which just boggles my mind).

ANYWHO…this post (which was originally supposed to go up this morning) is gonna be short and sweet because my patience with technology this evening is pretty slim and I need to just step away from the computer. Winking smile

Last night when I got home from work, I was a Starvin’ Marvin and wound up snacking a bit before deciding what I really wanted for dinner.

I mean, Kashi crackers go with just about anything in my book, but this TJ’s red pepper spread with eggplant and garlic that I recently bought was an awesome accompaniment. Funny enough, when I first opened up the jar about a week ago, I wasn’t diggin’ it at ALL.

Must have been an off day then, because last night I was ALL about it.

SO much so, that I used it with dinner too. Jay and I were doing our own thing, since he had to work a bit later (and he knows my hunger usually just does not hold out these days) but I was having the toughest time deciding what to have…

Cereal? Eggs? Soup?

Eventually, I wound up rummaging through the freezer and found some veggie burgers chillin’ in there (<—pun totally intended) so I cooked one of those up, topped it with some provolone cheese, and served it on some toasted Martin’s whole wheat potato bread with lettuce and more red pepper spread.

It was simple, but totally delicious.

A few hours later, I was hungry once again, so I made myself a mug of cereal which was thoroughly enjoyed while watching The Bachelor.

I actually wound up staying up way later than I had anticipated to watch the darn episode, but it was a gooooooooooood one, so I was too hooked to turn it off. All I’ll say is, halleluiah! Who’s with me?! Winking smile

**The Baby Tooth page was updated this morning!!

Question for the Evening:

Hmmm…I’ve got nothin’ for ya tonight, my friends. Hope everyone enjoys their evening!

1 Ashley @ Life and Fitness February 12, 2013 at 5:46 pm

Mmmm red pepper spread sounds delicious. Was it super spicy?
Ashley @ Life and Fitness recently posted..BBQ Cauliflower With Yogurt Dip

2 Annette@FitnessPerks February 12, 2013 at 5:48 pm

Ugh, I am SO sorry to hear about your troubles–what a bummer. I too hate when stuff like that happens b/c it’s so out of my control/league so I feel useless/helpless. Which just makes it worse. :( So glad to hear it’s all fixed though!!

When my husband isn’t around for dinner I usually end up having a sandwich too–so easy & delicious!
Annette@FitnessPerks recently posted..Bodyweight Training

3 Sara@fitcupcaker February 12, 2013 at 5:51 pm

Hallelujah! I am so with you! Finally he realized how crazy tiara was! The bachelor is usually the only show I can stay up late for!
Sara@fitcupcaker recently posted..Push Up Challenge Week 3 & Fit Test

4 Melissa @ Freeing Imperfections February 12, 2013 at 5:55 pm

Goodness! Glad your blog is back. That sounds like a slight nightmare.

I’m so going to try that red pepper stuff now. I’m always looking for new Trader Joe’s goodies. :)
Melissa @ Freeing Imperfections recently posted..Manicure Monday: Forever 21 Nail Stickers Review

5 Chelsea @ Cardio and Cocktails February 12, 2013 at 6:05 pm

I kept checking back because I was all about the Baby Tooth update since I had a check up appt yesterday, I can’t imagine how frustrating that was but at least you didn’t quit blogging! ;)
Chelsea @ Cardio and Cocktails recently posted..Running While Pregnant

6 Miss Polkadot February 12, 2013 at 6:07 pm

Sorry to hear about the blog troubles but I’m glad you were able to fix them. Technology can be so damn tricky!

Enjoy your evening!
Miss Polkadot recently posted..Food with a side of feelings

7 Lily February 12, 2013 at 6:12 pm

TIERRA IS GONE!!! :)
Lily recently posted..Just Pictures

8 Natalie @ Free Range Human February 12, 2013 at 6:14 pm

So glad you’re not going anywhere!
Natalie @ Free Range Human recently posted..An Unexpected Benefit

9 Laura@ Fit Running Mama February 12, 2013 at 6:18 pm

Ugh- tech issues are the worst. I actually moved to self hosted last week wit blue host and it was slightly stressful– had to step away quite a few times. It’s never as easy as it seems!

10 michelle kim February 12, 2013 at 6:25 pm

Yum! Your snacks look delicious!
And glad to see that you didn’t delete your blog ;) I was wondering what was going on, too!

11 Lyric February 12, 2013 at 6:50 pm

So happy to see your blog working again! Whenever a post decides to delete itself before I post it, I usually am so not in the mood to post anything after! Love eggplant dips but hate eggplant !? Baba Ganoush is the best and you should try it ASAP.
Lyric recently posted..2 New Recipes

12 Kristen @ notsodomesticated February 12, 2013 at 6:54 pm

Oh, the joys of technology. ;) Glad everything is working again!

What were your thoughts on the Bachelor??
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..32 Weeks: Attending the Birthing Class.

13 Michelle @ Blogitness February 12, 2013 at 7:02 pm

I need to try that eggplant dip…sounds delicious!
Michelle @ Blogitness recently posted..Green Apple Active Review and a Discount for You!

14 kim@hungryhealthygirl February 12, 2013 at 7:26 pm

I’m right there with ya….halleluiah!! I want to try that eggplant dip. I’ve seen it before, but never been brave enough to give it a try. Glad you’re back in business! ;)
kim@hungryhealthygirl recently posted..My New Favorite At Home Workout

15 Jenna @ Crazy Healthy Fit February 12, 2013 at 7:36 pm

I bought the same TJ red pepper spread and had it with scallops the other night – loved it!
Jenna @ Crazy Healthy Fit recently posted..Hershey 10k Training Plan

16 Amanda @ A Latte Learn February 12, 2013 at 7:40 pm

I’m making a trip to TJ’s tomorrow! That spread just might have to end up in my bag!
Amanda @ A Latte Learn recently posted..The Golden Lamb

17 Taryn February 12, 2013 at 7:53 pm

Hallelujah is right!! For a second when he left the room I thought he gonna go pick that girl a rose. Just too good to be true!

18 Tarin @ Office chairs February 12, 2013 at 7:58 pm

Yum. That’s really good.
I wanna try it too. Pretty simple indeed.
Tarin @ Office chairs recently posted..Which leather office chair is the greatest choice for your requirements?

19 Chelsie February 12, 2013 at 8:08 pm

I’m so glad your blog is back up and running! And that episode of The Bachelor was too good!
Chelsie recently posted..Ten Thing Tuesday: Blogs I Love

20 Nancy February 12, 2013 at 8:44 pm

Red pepper anything tastes delicious doesn’t it? I’m currently obsessed with a roasted red pepper hummus that I found at my local grocery. I could eat tablesoons of it!!

21 Brooke @ Running In Heels February 12, 2013 at 9:02 pm

Oh yikes!! I’m switching over to Bluehost tomorrow morning.. hopefully everything goes okay for me! Haha
Brooke @ Running In Heels recently posted..Crockpot Turkey Chili and a Tuesday Cardio Circuit

22 Sarah @PickyRunner February 12, 2013 at 9:26 pm

Whew! That’s a relief. I totally thought your blog was gone. Kidding, I saw your tweet earlier. I’m glad you got it all figured out! I had a burger on toast tonight too. It was delicious.
I hate it when I stay up later than I had planned. It’s been happening too often lately (like tonight, for example).
Sarah @PickyRunner recently posted..Professing my love…

23 Angela February 12, 2013 at 9:51 pm

I haven’t watched the Bachelor yet but accidentally saw who’s gone. Can’t wait to catch up though!
Angela recently posted..On Being An Encourager

24 Danielle @ Truffles n' Treadmills February 12, 2013 at 9:59 pm

Soooo glad you didn’t quit blogging! You are one of my favorite bloggers out there
Danielle @ Truffles n’ Treadmills recently posted..Inside My Fridge

25 Courtney February 12, 2013 at 10:01 pm

Awww, thank you Danielle!! :)

26 Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl February 12, 2013 at 10:03 pm

I am SO tracking down some of that red pepper spread the next time that I am at TJ’s. Is it spicy??

Sometimes the simplest dinners are the best dinners. There is nothing quite as good as a veggie burger with cheese on toast. It makes me hungry just thinking about it and I just ate dinner! ;)
Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl recently posted..Roasted Radish Chips

27 Courtney February 12, 2013 at 10:05 pm

It’s a little spicy, but if I can handle it, anyone can ;)

28 Erica February 12, 2013 at 10:24 pm

That red pepper spread looks soo delicious. I did the same thing last night and stayed up way later than usual just to finish The Bachelor. Couldn’t. Look. Away. And yes, HALLELUJAH! haha
Erica recently posted..February Foto Challenge: Day 12

29 Avery @ Southern Belle Living Well February 12, 2013 at 11:02 pm

Ahh I haven’t had the chance to watch this week’s Bachelor yet! I’m excited though, apparently it’s a good one!

30 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More February 12, 2013 at 11:14 pm

Happy to hear the blog is working again! Darn technology…geez! My dad bought that TJs spread a few weeks ago and I’ve been LOVING it but keep forgetting it’s hiding in the fridge. i’ll have to figure out how to break it out for dinner tomorrow. :)
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..Love Your Abs 2

31 Khushboo February 12, 2013 at 11:20 pm

Haha I always appreciate a good pun! Glad you’re back at the blog :D!

32 Sarah Lynn February 12, 2013 at 11:47 pm

Thanks for the twitter “shout out” :) It’s pretty wild seeing my name up there!
Sarah Lynn recently posted..Don’t kill yourself

33 Jessica @ Prayers and Apples February 13, 2013 at 12:50 am

oh my goodness – i feel your pain w/technology! i started my blog in october and i’ve had at least one mini-crisis a week ever since lol a couple weeks ago i was trying to create a favicon (the little picture in the internet bar) and i somehow messed up some kind of code (i don’t even know if i’m describing this right haha) and my blog just DISAPPEARED! i couldn’t even access my log-in page! i called my mom at 4am balling my eyes out lol luckily it magically re-appeared after i followed some support forum suggestions… ahhh i hate technology!! lol :)
Jessica @ Prayers and Apples recently posted..Overcoming Religious Illiteracy

34 Danica @ It's Progression February 13, 2013 at 6:55 pm

I can finally see your blog posts tonight! Up until now it just wasn’t working. Sorry it was such a pain for you, but I’m glad it’s all fixed, of course!
Danica @ It’s Progression recently posted..eggplant “fries” with marinara dipping sauce {recipe}

35 Bek @ Crave February 13, 2013 at 10:48 pm

Glad your back! :) Hope it’s not stressing you too much. Who is hosting you now?
Bek @ Crave recently posted..Happy Valentine’s Day