WIAW: Lots of Good Eats

by Courtney on February 13, 2013

Oh, I’ve got lots of food to share with you all today!

My hunger has pretty much been through the roof these days. I’m lucky to get a meal to keep me satisfied for more than 2-3 hours before needing something else. Yesterday was definitely one of those days where I was eating allll day long…so this WIAW should give you a good idea of what a typical day has been looking like me these days. Let’s take a look, shall we?

Breakfast – 8:30am

Oh man, this was a good one.

I made a quick batch of oats before leaving the house and then cooked them up at work. The best part though, which I’m sure you can imagine, was the insane amount of fresh strawberries, raspberries, and blueberries (oh, and the peanut butter, of course).

That was one tasty, fruit-filled batch of oats!

Mid-Morning Snack #1 – 10:30am

I had a coupon for a free Luna fiber bar at Price Chopper, so I redeemed it the other day and decided to pack it in today’s snacks. It was okay, but nothing special.

Actually, I was surprised to see that it’s more like a NutriGrain bar than anything else. It was pretty sweet, and the flavor was okay, but it’s probably not something I’d get again.

Late-Morning/Early Afternoon Snack #2 – 12:00pm

There was a meeting in the office today, which had some food catered in from Panera. Once the meeting was over and I was helping clean up a bit, I wound up grabbing some leftovers for myself…including a little cup of mixed fruit,

and half of the top of a cinnamon sugar bagel. Those bagels are SO freakin’ good, I can’t even stand it. Luckily, the three small bites were enough to satisfy my craving. Winking smile

Lunch – 1:45pm

You know how I talked about all of the stuff I have in my freezer the other day? Well, here’s just one more to add to the list of things that were in the freezer and are now gone…Pumpkin Black Bean Soup!

I had this for lunch on Monday too, and it was miiighty tasty. I crumbled one of the Wasa crackers right into the soup which made it super thick (because those light ‘n’ crisp wasa’s basically melt in your mouth).

Mid-Afternoon Snack – 4:00pm

I almost forgot to take a picture this time, and I guess I sort of did, since you’re missing half of the snack here. I had put a bunch of celery sticks in a baggy, knowing I’d be able to pair them with my peanut butter…which I totally did.

But then I couldn’t get enough PB, so I wound up having another Wasa cracker with some more of the good stuff. I’m telling you…can’t. get. enough.

Dinner – 6:30pm

We actually had my in-laws over for dinner last night, so I had prepped ahead with a simple and delicious slow cooker meal. <—doesn’t get much easier when entertaining!

Jay ended up finding this recipe for Crockpot Chicken Pot Pie and wanted to give it a try, so we went for it. I wound up using chicken breasts instead of thighs, added a small chopped onion, and some dried thyme, but everything else stayed the same.

It was definitely a winner and I’m totally looking forward to leftovers at lunch today.

Dessert – 8:00pm

My in-laws offered to bring dessert over…and did they ever! My father in-law knows me so well, and brought over my own special pint of my favorite ice cream.

And then to go along with it, we had homemade brownies, which were super fudgy and incredibly delicious.

Definitely a delicious and fitting way to end the Fat Tuesday holiday, eh? Winking smile Which, by the way, I had NO idea was already upon us so quickly…I mean, seriously? It’s pretty early this year, isn’t it? I don’t typically celebrate it or anything, but I was just surprised that it meant that lent was already making its arrival. Where does the time go!?

Question for the Morning:

Fill in the blank: These days, I can’t get enough ___________ but could really use a break from _______________. <—doesn’t have to be food related!

1 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey February 13, 2013 at 7:21 am

Looks like a lot of delicious eats yesterday! I want that brownie!!

2 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake February 13, 2013 at 7:28 am

Those strawberries in your oatmeal look GREAT. I’ve been loving strawberries lately.

I have yet to try a cinnamon sugar bagel from Panera, but I always hear how delicious they are!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..Chocolate-Covered February at The Hotel Hershey

3 Blog is the New Black February 13, 2013 at 7:28 am

I made your pumpkin black bean soup in the fall and froze some, and I just defrosted it! I was thinking of you!

PS- still loyally following along, just not as much time to comment! ;)
Blog is the New Black recently posted..Italian Gnudi {Naked Ravioli}

4 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles February 13, 2013 at 7:31 am

These days I can’t get enough of cinnamon raisin swirl peanut butter, but could really use a break from school! <— Thank god my reading week is next week!
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..WIAW: Eating Disorders Awareness Week.

5 Avery @ Southern Belle Living Well February 13, 2013 at 7:31 am

Bagels are the best :) I really love having a ton of berries on my oatmeal too. It gives such a natural sweetness that honey/sugar can’t add. Did LunaBar change their packaging? Maybe I’m just thinking about LaraBar, but I feel like Luna’s used to look different.

P.S: The brownie is my favorite :)

6 Laura S February 13, 2013 at 7:35 am

YoU should give the other 2 flavors of the Luna Fiber bars a try. They are definitely better than the one you had in my opinion. Particularly the chocolate raspberry is my favorite but the peanut butter strawberry is better too!

7 Jana @ Happy Wife Healthy Life February 13, 2013 at 7:49 am

Oh wow! Oatmeal ice cream? That sounds absolutely amazing! There is nothing tastier than a hot and fresh brownie with ice cream…yum!

That crockpot chicken pot pie has also caught my eye. I am going to have to check out that recipe!
Jana @ Happy Wife Healthy Life recently posted..New Website!

8 Sarah @PickyRunner February 13, 2013 at 7:58 am

Wait…. OATMEAL ICE CREAM?! That looks amazing!!! Especially paired with brownies.
I don’t really like luna bars but I actually feel like I might like them better if they were a granola bar texture instead.
Sarah @PickyRunner recently posted..Quinoa mac and cheesy

9 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More February 13, 2013 at 8:02 am

That dessert is definitely drool-worthy! ;)
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..Teaser.

10 Danielle@cleanfoodcreativefitness February 13, 2013 at 8:02 am

Everything looks great but the best part has to be that dessert! Sounds amazing!
Danielle@cleanfoodcreativefitness recently posted..What I Ate Wednesday

11 Kathy February 13, 2013 at 8:05 am

Whoa, good thing you didn’t eat that whole half of a bagel ;)

12 Shel@PeachyPalate February 13, 2013 at 8:09 am

Of baking but I could do without the cleaning up! That brownie looks to die for as do the raspberries in your oats!
Shel@PeachyPalate recently posted..Enjoying the journey

13 sara @ fitcupcaker February 13, 2013 at 8:10 am

I cant get enough of crossfit….but I could really use a break from working so much! I know those arent related lol, but its how I feel! And I want that dessert!
sara @ fitcupcaker recently posted..WIAW & DIY Valentine’s Day Gifts

14 Alexandra February 13, 2013 at 8:20 am

Courntey, I am newly obsessed with your blog! I notice you have all these AMAZING recipes for oatmeal in the morning but I never know how you prepare your plain oats? Do you use steel cut? or the microwaveable kind? What have you found to be the best and most nutritious way to prepare your oats in the morning for all of those wonderful fixings? Thanks!

15 Hope @ With A Side Of Hope February 13, 2013 at 8:21 am

That crockpot recipe sounds good! I definitely want to try it. Oh, and let’s talk about the dessert. Oatmeal cookie ice cream?! That sounds too good to be true! Yum! :)
Hope @ With A Side Of Hope recently posted..A Picture Is Worth A Thousand Words!!…

16 Melanie @ Beautifully Nutty February 13, 2013 at 8:21 am

What a great day of eats! I’d say these days I can’t get enough of a snacking on dates with pb and I could really use a break from the cold weather!

17 Tara | Treble in the Kitchen February 13, 2013 at 8:24 am

All of your food looks delish, but I think the ice cream is the winner for the day in my book!! :)

18 Holly February 13, 2013 at 8:27 am

Still DYING to try that ice cream. I only WISH I knew where to get it!!!! I know I would LOVE it.
Holly recently posted..Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Baked Oatmeal

19 Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl February 13, 2013 at 8:27 am

What a fantastic sounding dinner!! Oatmeal ice cream?? I totally never knew that that flavor even existed, but it sounds delicious…especially with brownies! :)

Thanks for the heads up on those Luna Bars. I have seen them at the store and have wondered about them. I probably won’t go out of my way to buy one now.
Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl recently posted..Roasted Radish Chips

20 Linz @ Itz Linz February 13, 2013 at 8:49 am

These days, I can’t get enough nut butters, but could really use a break from chicken… I made a HUGE batch on Sunday and have been eating it for lunch and dinner… Today I’m taking a chicken break.
Linz @ Itz Linz recently posted..Sunflower Seed Vanilla Oatmeal

21 Kim@hungryhealthygirl February 13, 2013 at 8:51 am

I can’t get enough of my snickerdoodle cashew better, but I could really use a break from work! :-) Have a great day, Courtney!
Kim@hungryhealthygirl recently posted..What I Ate Wednesday! Veggie Love Edition!

22 Karen February 13, 2013 at 8:54 am

Looks like some great eats that you have been having lately. These days, I can’t get enough Chocolate Almond Butter but could really use a break from the cold weather & millions of germs in my house. I have been nursing a cold for over a month and it’s just not going away, darn you winter!
Karen recently posted..Recap of 2013 Goals

23 Ashley @ Life and Fitness February 13, 2013 at 9:05 am

Anything cinnamon sugar sounds yummy.
Ashley @ Life and Fitness recently posted..WIAW-Veggie Style

24 Beks February 13, 2013 at 9:14 am

I haven’t been getting enough sleep, and could use a break from work. Sooooooo tired!

25 jennifer February 13, 2013 at 9:17 am

Yay the blog is working for me ;)
That ice cream looks amazing. Now I want some!

26 Natalie @ Free Range Human February 13, 2013 at 9:18 am

That ice cream looks delicious!! I think I need to satisfy a craving. Oh wait…it’s only 8:15 in the morning ;)
Natalie @ Free Range Human recently posted..An Unexpected Benefit

27 Khushboo February 13, 2013 at 9:23 am

Ooh I just can’t get enough of peanut butter lately…more so than normal!!

28 Allison February 13, 2013 at 9:33 am

Your oatmeal is making me so hungry! And that dessert….oh my. Panera cinnamon sugar bagels are my favorite food in the whole wide world.

29 Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries February 13, 2013 at 9:41 am

Mmm all those berries look amazing! I’m so glad they’re coming back into season again. And that oatmeal ice cream… YUM! I’m sure I’d love it too. Looks like a great day of eats!
Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries recently posted..WIAW #72: Go-Go-Go

30 Ashlee February 13, 2013 at 9:43 am

I had NO idea it was Fat Tuesday until this morning! I didn’t do anything to celebrate! Hmph.
Is that OATMEAL COOKIE ICE CREAM?!! That has to be the best flavor ever?

31 chelcie @ chelcie's food files February 13, 2013 at 10:27 am

bahhh oatmeal ice cream?! that sounds amazing. brownie and ice cream is the best combination ever. I also love all the berries on your oats..it looks so delicious!
chelcie @ chelcie’s food files recently posted..WIAW-Lunch on the Go

32 Elizabeth @ My Neon Running Shoes February 13, 2013 at 10:29 am

That brownie and ice cream look incredible! Send your in laws this way please!
Elizabeth @ My Neon Running Shoes recently posted..An early Valentine’s Day present for me

33 Jessamy @ In the Words of an Asian February 13, 2013 at 10:32 am

So your question of the morning is something that I have really been thinking about myself… So here it goes: I can’t get enough of SALADS, but could really use a break from CANDY!! Which is part of my Lenten discipline this year! But none food related would be my friends and then my boss.
Jessamy @ In the Words of an Asian recently posted..Oh Hello Lent!

34 Megan February 13, 2013 at 10:34 am

what kind of ice cream?! yummmm

35 Claire @ Flake and Cake February 13, 2013 at 10:48 am

So, so many yummy eats here Courtney, esp the dessert. YUM!
Claire @ Flake and Cake recently posted..WIAW: The Importance of a Packed Lunch

36 Melissa @ Freeing Imperfections February 13, 2013 at 10:56 am

I’ve been wondering about those Luna Fiber bars. Doesn’t look as good as I thought. Thanks for sharing!

These days, I can’t get enough smoothies of any kind but could really use a break from running inside on the treadmill!
Melissa @ Freeing Imperfections recently posted..5 Blogging Mistakes You Don’t Know You’re Making

37 Lisa February 13, 2013 at 11:05 am

I can’t stop eating coconut butter this week, oh man that stuff is SO delicious! I just ordered four jars like a month ago, and only have two left. Oops.
Looks like you ate tons of awesome stuff yesterday:)
Lisa recently posted..What I Ate Wednesday

38 Steph @ StephSnacks February 13, 2013 at 11:08 am

Wow that oatmeal ice cream looks phenomenal — I had some great froyo last night… Rice Pudding and Smores! Was so sad when I finished it all!
Steph @ StephSnacks recently posted..WIAW

39 alyssa - life a la wife February 13, 2013 at 11:13 am

It makes me so happy to see normal priced berries in the store right now!
alyssa – life a la wife recently posted..WIAW – Veggie Skillet Lasagna

40 Amanda @ .running with spoons. February 13, 2013 at 11:25 am

My appetite has been kind of raging lately too, and I can’t even blame it on being pregnant! Eesh. I do blame it on the weather, though… I obviously need more fuel to keep myself warm ;) And speaking of which… these days I can’t get enough sunshine, but I could really use a break from all this cold!

41 Annette@FitnessPerks February 13, 2013 at 11:26 am

Mmmm your food looks delish–oatmeal ice cream. YUMM!!!!

These days I can’t get enough down time, and I could use less responsibility for a bit. Being an adult can be annoying sometimes. Hehe ;)
Annette@FitnessPerks recently posted..Reader’s Request: Monthly Visitor FYI’s

42 Miss Polkadot February 13, 2013 at 11:28 am

Okay, I’m cold but I still want some of that ice cream! … and then some warming Pumpkin Black Bean Soup afterwards ;).

These days I can’t get enough sleep but could really use a break from … my constant night-owling (wohoo, I made up a noun :D) [that obviously interferes with aforementioned need].

Hope you’re having a great Wednesday, Courtney!

43 Ali @ WHOLEistically Fit February 13, 2013 at 11:52 am

Mmm I want some of that crock pot chicken pot pie asap! ;) Looks amazing – so warm and comforting.
Ali @ WHOLEistically Fit recently posted..WIAW: Oven-”Fried” Zucchini Sticks Recipe

44 Maureen (breakingfreeandfindingme.com) February 13, 2013 at 11:55 am

Hey! I just wanted to stop by and say how much I love your blog! I stumbled upon your blog when I was looking for inspiration after suffering from binge eating/emotional eating after a significant weight loss and the depression that ensued after gaining some of it back. I use your recipes and workouts all the time and am actively using your tips to listen to my body and find my way to a happy, healthy, me. Your blog is also one of the ones that has inspired me to start my own blog documenting my recovery and journey towards health and happiness. So, basically, I just wanted to say, THANK YOU!!

45 Meghan @ After the Ivy League February 13, 2013 at 11:57 am

Homemade brownies with ice cream is pretty much the best dessert ever. Looks like an awesome day of eats!
Meghan @ After the Ivy League recently posted..WIAW #20: Old Favorites

46 Kerry @ Totes My Oats February 13, 2013 at 1:09 pm

Yummy eats! I really could go for your dessert right about now :)
Kerry @ Totes My Oats recently posted..WIAW – Fueled for the Treadmill

47 michelle kim February 13, 2013 at 1:09 pm

I can’t get enough of these cara cara oranges, but I could use a break from boring pears (they’re round. I don’t know what kind of pear it is, haha).

48 Lift, Sleep, Eat February 13, 2013 at 2:06 pm

Oh yummmm! All looks so good;
your breakfast looks like heaven – love a good bowl of oatmeal!
Lift, Sleep, Eat recently posted..WIAW : Shrove…Wednesday?!

49 Stellina @ My Yogurt Addiction February 13, 2013 at 2:23 pm

These days, I can’t get enough SUN but could really use a break from SNOW, COLD, BAD WEATHER!

Hahaha
Stellina @ My Yogurt Addiction recently posted..Back to Basics

50 Brianna K. @ Hungry Gator Gal February 13, 2013 at 2:31 pm

I can’t get enough almonds but could really use a break from peanut butter. I love my peanuts, but I’ve eaten too many spoonfuls lately to appreciate the flavor!
Brianna K. @ Hungry Gator Gal recently posted..WIAW #14: Brain Fuel

51 Marie @ Pasta n' Pilates February 13, 2013 at 3:29 pm

Looks like a delicious day!

I can’t get enough wine :( lol, but could really use a break from clementines. I eating those like crazy
Marie @ Pasta n’ Pilates recently posted..Pilates 30 Session Challenge

52 Allison @ Life's a Bowl February 13, 2013 at 3:44 pm

Mmm, I love berries on oats- especially TJ’s Very Cherry Berry Blend! The cool berries and hot oats with a spoonful of PB is a divine combo… These days, I can’t get enough of pancakes but could really use a break from work :P

53 Cassie @RedLetterDaye February 13, 2013 at 3:58 pm

These days, I can’t get enough of making fun plans, but I really need a break from being swamped at work. Work hard, play hard! ;)
Cassie @RedLetterDaye recently posted..Just dance: No if’s, ands, or but(t)s about it

54 Nicole @ Fruit 'N' Fitness February 13, 2013 at 4:52 pm

All of your eats look really good! I tried the luna bar a few months ago and really wasn’t a fan. Going to add the crock pot pot pie soup to me bookmarks, it sounds really good!
Nicole @ Fruit ‘N’ Fitness recently posted..WIAW #5

55 Heather @fitncookies February 13, 2013 at 5:17 pm

That dessert looks so beyond amazing!! I want to eat it now! I ended my Fat Tuesday with cookie cake! That shoul never be in my possession. I eat it all!

However, These days, I can’t get enough time in the day but could really use a break from working! :)
Heather @fitncookies recently posted..We Can Always Improve

56 Kristen @ notsodomesticated February 13, 2013 at 5:19 pm

Oh my, that brownie and ice cream look ah-mazing. My sweet tooth is raging these days. I would pay good money for that brownie right now haha!
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..My MIL’s spaghetti sauce: Praying I’d get it right.

57 Stacie February 13, 2013 at 6:23 pm

You definitely need to try the other two Luna fiber flavors. The blueberry is not the best. The peanut butter and strawberry one tastes just like a peanut butter cookie! I’m obsessed with them.

58 Bek @ Crave February 13, 2013 at 10:51 pm

Looks like a fantastic day of eats! Although you were eating often- it was healthy, moderated and just enough :)
Bek @ Crave recently posted..Happy Valentine’s Day