Sort Of In The Middle

by Courtney on February 14, 2013

Good morning and Happy Valentine’s Day to you all!

I’m curious…how many of you are “in” to the actual Valentine’s Day holiday? Do you buy into the whole card, flowers, chocolates thing? Or are you on the “it’s just a stupid Hallmark holiday” side?

Me? I guess I’m sort of in the middle. Jay and I don’t usually do anything special on V-Day…no cards or anything like that, although we do tend to sometimes make a nice dinner in or something low-key (tonight we’re actually going to dinner and seeing a movie, but it’s more just because we wanted a date night before leaving for Mexico). But I also do really love love, and I think it’s sweet to see and hear some of the different romantic gestures. HOWEVER…in my opinion, those types of things should be done all year round, not just on one day of the year!

So anywho…let’s rewind to last night. You guys have GOT to check out this dinner.

I knew I wanted a salad, (mostly because we have a whole container of mixed greens that needs to be eaten before we leave next week) so I used that and loaded it up with cucumbers, grape tomatoes, baby carrots, feta cheese, pickles, dried cranberries, and avocado. It was serious…seriously amazing, that is. ;)

I knew I also wanted/needed some protein and nothing was really appealing to me to put ON the salad, so I cooked up a couple of scrambled eggs on the side and topped them with some mango salsa. My eyes were also, apparently, bigger than my belly because I decided I needed toast too, but I didn’t really wind up touching that.

Had to save room for the good stuff at dinner…and the stuff to come after dinner….

A couple of weeks ago, I was browsing through the daily deals on Rue La La (affiliate link, yo) and happened to find one for Mrs. Prindable’s apples. If you’ve never had a Mrs. Prindable’s apple, then you may not fully understand why I immediately had to purchase them. My one grandma first introduced our family to them, and then my mom jumped on board and has gotten them for us a few times. So when I saw the deal, I couldn’t resist.

Besides…I’m calling them a Valentine’s Day gift to ourselves. ;)

The package a got contained four of their petite caramel, dark chocolate covered apples; two also coated in milk and white chocolate, one coated in extra dark chocolate with chocolate chunks, and one with those little sno cap candies.

So last night after dinner, Jay and I treated ourselves to the little V-Day gift early and each had one of the striped caramel apples.

Ohhhhhhhh, lordy. My day was complete after that little piece of heaven right there. And I love how, no matter how thick of a caramel and chocolate layer is on there, I still don’t feel bad because technically I’m eating fruit. And fruit is good.

And I have no problem making that justification. ;)

Question for the Morning:

Do you celebrate Valentine’s Day? Have you ever had a really awesome and/or awful Valentine’s Day experience?

1 Kristy @ Kristy's Health Revolution February 14, 2013 at 8:46 am

I love Valentine’s Day, but I hate that it’s all commercialized. It’s a great excuse to do something sweet for the one you love, but I also don’t like that it makes single people feel ostracized. This year, my fiance and I had a special Valentine’s Date Night that included dinner in, but dessert out, and then yesterday morning I got up early and made him a special weekday breakfast (we usually just grab something as we run out the door) of heart shaped pancakes. We did get each other a card and a small gift, but usually we just do something nice for each other. I wanted to make this year a little more special than usual because it will be our only Valentine’s Day as an engaged couple. But, typically we just use it as an excuse to do nice things for each other — no extra expenditures required.
Kristy @ Kristy’s Health Revolution recently posted..Fitness Confidence

2 Claire @ Flake and Cake February 14, 2013 at 8:48 am

I LOVE the look of your salad Courtney, so tasty and many different colours! We exchange small presents then make a date for another day. I think we’ll go out for dinner some time this weekend!
Claire @ Flake and Cake recently posted..CrossFit: What A Balls Up

3 Avery @ Southern Belle Living Well February 14, 2013 at 8:50 am

This started when I was really little, but in my family, we’ve always had a little “scavenger hunt” for presents. (Small things, like candy or a necklace/book/makeup) We also will have little desserts and such. Nothing huge, but still festive!

4 Sarah @PickyRunner February 14, 2013 at 8:50 am

Oh man all of these pictures are incredible and are making me so incredibly hungry it’s not svn funny. Especially the last one :) Happy valentines day!
Sarah @PickyRunner recently posted..Real Talk Scary Talk

5 Shel@PeachyPalate February 14, 2013 at 8:55 am

Being single I don’t but when in a relationship I’d go for the low key option…and if it involves chocolate even better :) Happy Valentine’s Day!
Shel@PeachyPalate recently posted..Peanut Butter Raspberry Dream

6 Catherine Culligan February 14, 2013 at 8:58 am

I feel the same way as you – I like the little gestures for Valentine’s but really think you shouldn’t need a special day for it … it should be like that year-round.

My fiance is military so he’s away for an exercise until the end of the month. We celebrated Valentine’s before he went away so tonight I volunteered to baby for my friends that have a new baby. I’m sure they’ll appreciate some adult time together!! Happy Valentine’s Day :)

7 Kerry @ Totes My Oats February 14, 2013 at 8:59 am

Wow, those apples are seriously beautiful! I can see why you love them! My boyfriend and I stay in but we make a fancy dinner and delicious dessert. We’ve done the same thing every year and it’s become a tradition I love!

8 Julie @ Peanut Butter Fingers February 14, 2013 at 8:59 am

i’m all in on valentine’s day! ryan and i don’t do anything too over the top ($20 limit), but i am all about a day that encourages people to tell their loved ones that they care. happy valentine’s day to you, jay, cody and baby tooth!
Julie @ Peanut Butter Fingers recently posted..A Valentine for You

9 Courtney February 14, 2013 at 10:21 am

Hahaha, I knew you were totally into today! Thanks, friend! :)

10 Melanie @ Beautifully Nutty February 14, 2013 at 9:01 am

Wow those apples look incredible. Happy Valentine’s Day!!

11 alyssa - life a la wife February 14, 2013 at 9:01 am

I love, love too! I don’t really care about Valentine’s Day but I don’t mind if my husband sends me flowers :)

I’ve never had a Mrs. Prindable candy apple but I did see them on rue la la last week and thought about getting them. Kicking myself for deciding not to!
alyssa – life a la wife recently posted..WIAW – Veggie Skillet Lasagna

12 Emily N February 14, 2013 at 9:02 am

Oh YUM. those apples look awesome.
Emily N recently posted..Working Out and My Stress Level

13 Amanda @ .running with spoons. February 14, 2013 at 9:04 am

Happy Valentine’s Day, Courtney! I don’t go all out for Valentine’s day, but I definitely don’t just pass it off as a stupid Hallmark holiday either – any day to get a little more excited over is a good one in my books. But I definitely don’t think that chocolate, flowers, surprises, and special dates should be limited to Feb 14th… that kind of thing should go on all year :)
Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted... thinking out loud #19 .

14 Chelcie's Food Files February 14, 2013 at 9:08 am

mmm those apples sound amazing..its funny that you found them on rue la la!
Chelcie’s Food Files recently posted..WIAW-Lunch on the Go

15 Natalie @ Free Range Human February 14, 2013 at 9:09 am

Those apples look yummy! I think you described exactly how I feel about Valentine’s Day. I think it’s sweet to see all the romantic gestures, but I’m not overly romantic myself so it’s never very special for my husband and I. I am putting together a silly little gift for him though :)
Natalie @ Free Range Human recently posted..Peanut Butter Makes It Better

16 Jana @ Happy Wife Healthy Life February 14, 2013 at 9:10 am

Oh yum! I love chocolate and caramel apples! Looks like the perfect treat to me!

I love (no pun intended!) valentine’s day and we do celebrate every year, but not in a big way. Usually a nice dinner and some flowers are involved. This year I did a simple list of the things I love about my husband!

17 Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl February 14, 2013 at 9:13 am

I would never think to add pickles to a salad, but I love them…so why not?? ;)

Those caramel apples look so amazing! I need one of those ASAP!

Happy Vday to you, Jay, and the baby! :)
Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl recently posted..WIAW: February 13, 2013

18 Courtney February 14, 2013 at 10:21 am

oh my gosh, do it! I do the bread and butter ones…my favorite!!

19 Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl February 14, 2013 at 12:57 pm

I have not had the bread and butter pickles in forever, but I am definitely going to be buying some now!
Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl recently posted..WIAW: February 13, 2013

20 Nicole @ Curly Mommy February 14, 2013 at 9:16 am

The favors at our wedding were caramel apples, and my mom surprised us with the Mrs Prindables bride and groom apples. O.M.G. They were sooooooo good!!
Nicole @ Curly Mommy recently posted..February Fitness Check-in

21 Courtney February 14, 2013 at 10:20 am

Awww, how fun is that?!?!

22 Ashley @ Life and Fitness February 14, 2013 at 9:19 am

I miss caramel apples! I usually only eat them while pumpkin picking once a year. Also, I love celebrating Valentine’s Day even if I am alone or with the boyfriend. Nothing makes me happy like yummy chocolates.
Ashley @ Life and Fitness recently posted..Valentine’s Day

23 Laurie @ Love, Laugh, Laurie February 14, 2013 at 9:20 am

Are you kidding me with those? Caramel apples are my favorite, I need to find these!
Laurie @ Love, Laugh, Laurie recently posted..Sharp Objects

24 Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries February 14, 2013 at 9:20 am

You and Jay and me and Cody are definitely on the same page when it comes to Valentine’s Day. As long as I get some quality time with Cody tonight and a couple Reese’s Hearts, I’m a happy camper. ;)
Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries recently posted..Strawberries ‘N Cream Smoothie

25 Courtney February 14, 2013 at 10:20 am

Hahaha…aaaaaand I pretty much left the same comment on your blog this morning LOL ;)

26 Paige @ Your Trainer Paige February 14, 2013 at 9:20 am

When I worked in an office, every single Friday I’d go over to Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory and buy one of those kinds of apples to split with my cubie. We were pretty much the only ones there on a Friday afternoon, so we’d just chat and eat the entire apple! Good times. Now I want one, haha
Paige @ Your Trainer Paige recently posted..Self, Will You Be My Valentine?

27 raquel February 14, 2013 at 9:23 am

i love mrs p! curious-what was the deal on ruelala? wondering if it was a significant savings? (said the girl who spent $25 on one mrs. p apple for new years!)

28 Courtney February 14, 2013 at 10:20 am

Hmmm…I think I maybe spent between $20-25 for the pack for 4?

29 Allison February 14, 2013 at 9:26 am

Those apples seem like the best Valentine’s gift to yourselves ever. Enjoy your day! :)
Allison recently posted..Take a Glimpse Into My Life

30 Karen February 14, 2013 at 9:27 am

Happy Valentine’s Day! I don’t mind V-Day. We usually have dinner (either a nice one at home with some wine) or go out to eat. This year is the little one’s second Valentine’s so we will be making dinner at home and I have some brownies for dessert. We usually get each other a card and something under $15.00. I hope you have a great day! Have another apple today because they look AMAZING!!
Karen recently posted..Trainer Thursday

31 Lift, Sleep, Eat February 14, 2013 at 9:27 am

those caramel apples look unreall!! yum!
i bet you didnt know which one to try first hehe.
Lift, Sleep, Eat recently posted..WIAW : Shrove…Wednesday?!

32 Elizabeth @ My Neon Running Shoes February 14, 2013 at 9:33 am

Wow those apples look amazing! Lucky girl! We try to make a conscious effort to do special things. We used to be way more in to it when we were in college and stuff but now with a baby it’s harder to go out. The little stuff means the most though :-)
Elizabeth @ My Neon Running Shoes recently posted..The way to my heart…

33 Molly February 14, 2013 at 9:38 am

Mrs. Prindables are amazeballs. They are actually locally located and used to be one of my clients, so they make a very frequent appearance in our office. Love that crunchy, sweet, salty texture taste profile!

34 Courtney February 14, 2013 at 10:19 am

Oh man, that’s awesome!! You’re super lucky :)

35 Meghan @ After the Ivy League February 14, 2013 at 10:11 am

I’m also in the middle, I don’t really feel passionately either way towards loving or hating Valentine’s day. But it is nice to celebrate a little. My boyfriend has plans to make dinner for me tonight, and I’m bringing dessert and a movie. Should be fun! :)
Meghan @ After the Ivy League recently posted..WIAW #20: Old Favorites

36 Brandi February 14, 2013 at 10:22 am

I will be celebrating Valentines Day this year and I am so excited!! But I do think that you should celebrate loving someone everyday!

37 Brooke @ Running In Heels February 14, 2013 at 10:30 am

I ordered some Miss Prindables apples for my mom for v-day, I’m glad to know that you like them!!
Brooke @ Running In Heels recently posted..Valentines Day and I Need Spinning Shorts

38 Karen @ Runner Girl Eats February 14, 2013 at 10:44 am

I have never heard of those apples but now must have them. I’m with you, if there is any kind of fruit involved, it can’t be that bad for me ;) I like the idea of valentines day and think celebrating all love is sweet but don’t buy into the big elaborate gestures. A simple love note or breakfast in bed is more than enough!

39 Linz @ Itz Linz February 14, 2013 at 10:57 am

i’m a valentine’s day fan! :) we don’t do anything over the top but we do exchange small gifts, and go out to dinner, and jonny always gets me roses!
Linz @ Itz Linz recently posted..Love Day

40 Lauren February 14, 2013 at 11:01 am

I’m just like you – I don’t need anything extravagant, just a simple night at home, cooking dinner, some nice wine, and maybe a movie. I’m selfish and usually don’t want to share V-Day with any one else other than my man. :)

41 Debbie @ Healthy Running Mom February 14, 2013 at 11:15 am

Love everything you posted today.
Makes me hungry!
Debbie @ Healthy Running Mom recently posted..Feeling Better

42 Nicole @ Fruit 'N' Fitness February 14, 2013 at 11:35 am

That salad looks so good! I love Valentines day when i’m in a relationship.
Nicole @ Fruit ‘N’ Fitness recently posted..Listen to Your Body

43 Danica @ It's Progression February 14, 2013 at 11:53 am

I’ve never heard of Mrs. Prindable’s before but I know I would love those–yum!
My husband and I aren’t really into Valentine’s either, not the cliche way I guess, but we do use it as an excuse to have a drink and some dessert after work :)
Danica @ It’s Progression recently posted..Something Good for Your Heart

44 Steph @ StephSnacks February 14, 2013 at 12:06 pm

I love any sort of holiday but Valentine’s day is definitely weird if you don’t have a boyfriend or significant other (I am single!) — however, I will be grabbing drinks with friend which should be really nice :)
Steph @ StephSnacks recently posted..I Hope You Feel Beautiful

45 Ali @ WHOLEistically Fit February 14, 2013 at 12:13 pm

Mmmm I’m swooning over those apples! ;)
Ali @ WHOLEistically Fit recently posted..16 Ways to Veg Out Without TV or Technology

46 Chelsea @ LittleOneRuns February 14, 2013 at 12:16 pm

that apple looks to die for!! i’m not a big vday person, but because me and the bf are long distance i would love to do a little something. but if we are together we usually just keep it low key, and make something together, then get froyo
Chelsea @ LittleOneRuns recently posted..Tired Much?

47 Annette@FitnessPerks February 14, 2013 at 12:30 pm

Mmmmm that apple!!

I love love! So Valentine’s Day is a fun thing to celebrate–but we don’t go all crazy at all. A few love notes, some hearts, wear red/pink, and do a small gift for each other. Nothing crazy–but I love that it’s a fun day to celebrate even MORE so. I think it’s sad when people are against it just because it’s a ‘holiday’. It doesn’t mean don’t celebrate love other days in the year, it just means adding another day of love to enjoy! <3
Annette@FitnessPerks recently posted..I Love Love (Happy Valentine’s Day!) + Winner

48 Beks February 14, 2013 at 1:22 pm

I don’t celebrate Valentine’s Day, mostly because a few years back, I got so fed up with my friends lamenting how if their boyfriends didn’t do something spectacular, they were going to dump them.
I believe that Valentine’s Day is more than just romantic love. It’s to show love to everyone you care about. And it shouldn’t be a requirement. It should be because you want to.
People get freaked out when I say I don’t celebrate (which isn’t entirely true. I did get my parents and sister cards), and think that I’m completely anti-love and cynical. I’m not, I just believe that this one day shouldn’t make or break an otherwise good, functional relationship.
Beks recently posted..I Hate Valentine’s Day

49 michelle kim February 14, 2013 at 1:55 pm

My boyfriend and I are sort of in the middle, too. I think this is our 7th Valentine’s Day together and HE’s the one who will usually prepare something specialish. I just get to sit back and enjoy the day!

50 Claire @ Keeping Up With Claire February 14, 2013 at 2:05 pm

I do celebrate Valentine’s Day! However, I told Nick the other night that I think it’s more about the things you do the rest of the year than just today. If you’re in a relationship where you only celebrate it and appreciate each other on one day of the year, then you’re most likely not in a great one.
Claire @ Keeping Up With Claire recently posted..Happy Valentine’s Day!

51 Jessica @ Prayers and Apples February 14, 2013 at 2:22 pm

I’m a hopeless romantic, so I def lean more towards the “we should be doing this stuff all year” side :) ..that being said: i’ve had the worst valentines days in the history of valentines days for the past five or six years, so i’m probably a little biased lol hope u and jay have a nice night! ♥
Jessica @ Prayers and Apples recently posted..Talk Nerdy to Me: Love, Health and Science

52 Melissa @ Freeing Imperfections February 14, 2013 at 2:54 pm

Holy cow, those apples look to die for!

I am the same as you, kind of in the middle. I’ve never been desperately happy abotu the holiday. Now that I’m married, it’s kind of whatever. My husband gets me flowers and sweet gifts randomly, so I’m not dying for something on vday.

I do get into the chocolate/hearts/red/pink part of it just because it’s girly and cute. I might be wearing a red sweater, heart socks, have red/heart nails, and heart jewlery on… But I’m spending the day alone so I just wanted to have fun and be a girl :)
Melissa @ Freeing Imperfections recently posted..Me & My Valentine

53 Bethany @ Accidental Intentions February 14, 2013 at 3:18 pm

Given that I’m a single lady (…and always have been a single lady on Valentine’s Day), I don’t really get into the holiday at all, but I did once have a FANTASTIC Valentine’s Day in college. Several people that I worked with at the student newspaper and I were on our way back from a conference, and we had some of the most phenomenal discussions I’ve ever been a part of on the way back to our school. It was absolutely incredible (also, there was an abundance of candy in the car, which definitely helped haha).
Bethany @ Accidental Intentions recently posted..Thursday Things

54 Liz February 14, 2013 at 3:45 pm

I used to be way more ‘into’ Valentine’s Day before we had kids. We do exchange cards and small gifts – more thoughtful items versus presents of substance. One year I bought him a dancing hamster that played ‘our’ song and now my daughters love it :) I had apples like those for my bridal shower favors. They (and my maid-of-honor!) were AWESOME!
Liz recently posted..Why you’re a better mother than me.

55 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake February 14, 2013 at 4:06 pm

I’m definitely “in the middle” too! I can’t believe how flooded my facebook at Instagram feeds were with Valentine’s-related stuff! Although I DID instagram a photo of some Biscoff that my husband got me! :-)
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..WIAW – Week 40

56 Stellina @ My Yogurt Addiction February 14, 2013 at 4:10 pm

I’ve never been a huge fan of Valentines day because I also think that if you care for someone you should show the all the time, not just today. I prefer to do small intimate things on Valentines day, rather than buy a huge gift!
Stellina @ My Yogurt Addiction recently posted..My Thoughts on Valentine’s Day

57 Carrie @ Lift Eat Repeat February 14, 2013 at 4:52 pm

We usually do something, but every year is different. Some years it’s a card, some years it’s something big, like an ipad! This year I made him a candy bar card- very easy but he loved it!
Carrie @ Lift Eat Repeat recently posted..Tough Mudder 2012 Recap

58 Lisa February 14, 2013 at 5:30 pm

Love Mrs. Prindables! As for the whole V-day thing. I’m not a fan. Restaurants are crowded which makes going out to dinner a nightmare. Even my local pizza place gets crazy. Sorry, but there is nothing romantic about getting take out pizza on Valentine’s Day. My grandmother’s birthday is Valentine’s Day and since she lives in another state we would always get take out if we were visiting b/c no one wanted to go out and eat since you could never get a reservation. Anyone with a Valentine’s day birthday you have my sympathies.

59 Renee @ Fit For Motherhood February 14, 2013 at 5:34 pm

I love Valentine’s Day because it reminds us to tell those we love how much they mean to us. We stopped going all out since having our girls and two more on the way. :) But we always get take-out, we always get cards, and Steve always send me/us girls flowers. So, it is a great day in my book. :)
Enjoy your last Valentine’s Day as a couple, next year you will have a family. :)
Renee @ Fit For Motherhood recently posted..14 Weeks

60 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More February 14, 2013 at 6:18 pm

Oh man! Those apples look SO good! And like a sugar coma. ;)

I’m not one for Valentine’s Day – whether I’m single or not. I guess I’d rather someone show they care everyday than just on one day in particular. Though, I’m not complaining that my dad decided to make spaghetti for my mom and I for dinner because we love it. :)
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..Love YOU!

61 Krystina February 14, 2013 at 7:35 pm

I’m not a big crazy person about Valentine’s Day because yes, I agree with you, it shouldn’t be the only day you and your loved one(s) do sweet things for each other. This is the 3rd Valentine’s Day I’ve spent with my fiancé and the past 2 years have been pretty low key (small gifts and dinner), but this year, I took the day off so really went all out. It started off with me waking up to flowers. And then I started my gifts to him by surprising him at school (he’s a high school teacher) with cookies and cupcakes for his class. He was extremely happy and I could tell that it truly made his day! Then when he got home this afternoon, I had a cheese plate set up with some Prosecco and made a nice dinner of Wild Salmon with an avocado and grapefruit relish (Pinterest find) and kale salads. I also made some flourless peanut butter cookies, and made 3 to say “I <3 U." It's really been a wonderful day! :)

62 Katie @ skinnyminniemoves February 14, 2013 at 9:37 pm

I only had a boyfriend one valentines of all my years. We had dated a year and he didn’t get me a thing. I can remember crying my eyes out. Not because I wanted something expensive, but because it didn’t even cross his mind. I would have taken a card. I bought him things and he said thanks and thats it. needless to say we are not together lol

63 Ellie@Fit for the Soul February 14, 2013 at 9:50 pm

I agree that love should still be expressed year-round!!! And omgssshhh if people only knew the true meaning behind V-day!!! I love it because it has to do with a Catholic martyr who married Christians who really loved each other and at his time that was crime! So when he kept his commitment to that, he got killed. I know that sounds sad but it’s sooo deep in my opinion. :) And I’ve been loving huge salads too! I get filled after them.
Ellie@Fit for the Soul recently posted..Zesty Leek Potato Soup+An Apology

64 Bek @ Crave February 14, 2013 at 11:49 pm

I love your justification of eating fruit haha!

I’m like you we think that stuff should be done all year and not just one day, but I also appreciate making it a bit special- so we’re going to dinner on the weekend at a fancy place and staying in the city overnight after (we usually do this stuff, but a special occasion is as good as any)
Bek @ Crave recently posted..Moussaka

65 Dorsa @ Running Thoughts February 15, 2013 at 8:41 am

Oh man those apples look amazing :) Pickles on your salad? Never tried that!
Dorsa @ Running Thoughts recently posted..Best fortunes ever

66 Kathryn February 15, 2013 at 10:50 am

With 2 kids, we don’t really go out on Valentine’s Day. Sometimes, hubby will bring me home some flowers, but I’m not much of a cut flower person. I prefer live plants. Most of the time, we buy each other a small gift. This year, I got a really cute coffee mug and a shirt that says “I <3 my geek" with an actual heart. It may not be super romantic to some, but it's perfect for us. I got him a Game of Thrones coffee mug and a Jayne Cobb hat (from the show Firefly).

I did have a bad V-day a few years ago. I had met this guy at a party and, we were both single near V-day. He asked me to dinner and I said yes, thinking this was a friends thing. Apparently he didn't feel the same way. I gently turned him down, not interested in him like that. He started stalking me, I'd wake up in the morning and he'd be parked outside my window, just waiting for me to leave the house. It was really creepy. Eventually I threatened to call the cops and he left me alone after that. That didn't really happen ON V-day, but because of it, so I'm counting it, lol.
Kathryn recently posted..We’re Going To….

67 Jessamy @ In the Words of an Asian February 15, 2013 at 11:20 am

We do celebrate Valentine’s day. Yet, this year we went simple. Only a card for each, from each. Plus we cooked dinner in, TOGETHER. It was so nice!
Jessamy @ In the Words of an Asian recently posted..I’ve Been Keeping A Secret…

68 Courtney February 15, 2013 at 1:34 pm

That’s always so fun! :)

69 Tiffany February 15, 2013 at 7:53 pm

I wanted to try and mimic that salad of yours cause it looks too good not to! Just wondering though if you use any dressing with it and if so, what kind?

70 Courtney February 15, 2013 at 7:55 pm

I used a balsamic vinaigrette last night :)