Things Making Me Smile {2/15}

by Courtney on February 15, 2013

Happyyyyyy Friday!

I am in an absolutely fantastic mood today, let. me. tell. you. Where do I even start? Well, let’s see…Jay and I had a nice, low-key Valentine’s Day. Even though we nixed our original plans for a movie and dinner at a different location, we did wind up having a super romantic (haha) dinner out at Ruby Tuesday’s. Even though my dinner choice was kinda ehh, the salad bar always makes me smile.

This morning, I was up nice and early for a workout. I completed a slightly modified version of my 10-10-10 Strength & Cardio Circuit, and because I was feeling extra spunky for some reason, I even added in a few extra exercises.

As for the rest of what’s making me smile this morning? Well…

Baby Tooth is officially 18 weeks today! And I’m starting to be able to feel him/her moving a lot more often now, which is so cool.

Today is my last day of work before I’m on vacaaaaation…here.

And when I checked the weather for when we’ll be down there?

mexico weather

It’s lookin’ miiiighty fine. ;)

Being down there ALSO means I’ll get to dine, once again, on their fabulous crepes.

Mmmm…get in mah belly!

But I promise, there’s more than just Mexico making me smile today…here’s a peek at a few fun Pinterest finds from the past couple of weeks (it’s been a while!)…

Source: indulgy.com via Courtney on Pinterest

Source: imgfave.com via Courtney on Pinterest

Source: quickmeme.com via Courtney on Pinterest

Hopefully you found a few to make you smile. too :)

Happy Friday!!

1 Claire @ Flake and Cake February 15, 2013 at 9:20 am

Dinner looks lovely, salad bar may not quite be haute cuisine but I love being able to choose my own goodies (hello beetroot!). So cool that you are 18 week now, it has gone so fast!

2 Elizabeth @ My Neon Running Shoes February 15, 2013 at 9:20 am

Ruby Tuesdays is romantic if you ask me :-) And who wouldn’t be in a good mood with that weather forecast! I’m ready for summer!!! Thanks so much for the humor. Seriously… the husband and pots and pans ones. So true.
Elizabeth @ My Neon Running Shoes recently posted..Important lessons and our second first date.

3 Nikki A. February 15, 2013 at 9:21 am

it takes a lot for things to actually make me L-O-L but that picture with the humid bunny has me rolling over here!!! haha thanks for the laugh :)

4 Megan S. February 15, 2013 at 9:21 am

I love the Humid one…that’s how I feel my hair looks sometimes during the summer! :) Jealous of your vacation!! Hopefully you can bring more spring like weather back to the midwest and east coast…it’s been too cold for my liking

5 Sarah @PickyRunner February 15, 2013 at 9:22 am

Hahahah these had me cracking up. I’m so jealous of this vacation of yours! You’re going to have such an amazing time and I can’t wait to hear all about it!!! Have a great weekend :)
Sarah @PickyRunner recently posted..Fourteen things on the 15th

6 Parita February 15, 2013 at 9:25 am

The one about the pots and pans on the stove is me…every night! And I always manage to turn around AFTER I’m doing wiping down the sink. :) Have a great weekend!
Parita recently posted..A Little Disappointment Offset By A Lot of Good

7 Molly February 15, 2013 at 9:26 am

so jealous of your fun in the sun. have a great time!

8 Khushboo February 15, 2013 at 9:26 am

HAHAHAHA OMG that pic with about the crush actually had me lolling…thank you for that and have a fab weekend, Courtney!

9 Jessie February 15, 2013 at 9:27 am

Feeling the baby move is so cool, isn’t it? I’m just over 30 weeks now and he moves ALL the time. It’s a weird feeling, but also a very good feeling. Have fun on your vacation, I’m jealous!

10 michelle kim February 15, 2013 at 9:37 am

OMG I those all made me smile (especially the last couple of them… SO CUTE!).
Yaaaay, I’m so jealous that you get to go to sunny Mexico and have a nice vacation.

11 Sarah @ Making Thyme for Health February 15, 2013 at 9:39 am

Happy Friday! I love the husband ecard about not being able to find things…so true! Have a blast in Mejico!
Sarah @ Making Thyme for Health recently posted..Baked Blueberry Lemon Yogurt Donuts

12 Sara @ fitcupcaker February 15, 2013 at 9:39 am

I do love their salad bar too. Im sad I cant see any of your pinterest pictures :( And I am very jealous of your vaca, my next vaca isnt until May! BLEND retreat, then FLorida!
Sara @ fitcupcaker recently posted..Cupcakes & More Cupcakes

13 Meghan @ After the Ivy League February 15, 2013 at 9:42 am

Hahahaha, that last one is cracking me up! Inanimate object..seriously cats are bonkers crazy sometimes.
Meghan @ After the Ivy League recently posted..WIAW #20: Old Favorites

14 Allison February 15, 2013 at 9:43 am

Those made me smile so big! I can’t wait for all your Mexico posts and pictures this year :)
Allison recently posted..Take a Glimpse Into My Life

15 Tiff @ Love Sweat and Beers February 15, 2013 at 9:51 am

Ha, those did make me smile. :) That resort kinda looks like where I stayed in Playa. If it is, I know you’ll love it! (Of course, you’ll have a great time if it isn’t too… just sayin… ha)
Tiff @ Love Sweat and Beers recently posted..Hummus: Easy As 1, 2, 3

16 Fizz @ fizzsbizz February 15, 2013 at 9:53 am

Ohhhh the pots and pans!! So true!!
Thanks for the laughs this morning. I am so jealous of your Mexico trip, I’m feeling like I badly need a good dose of sun and salt water in my life and I’ve never been to Mexico before!
You’re going to have SO much fun!!

17 Amanda @ .running with spoons. February 15, 2013 at 9:53 am

Eee! Hearing you talk about your vacation makes me excited for my own! Hawaii in two weeks? Definitely making me smile :D Happy Friday!
Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted... attitude trumps situation .

18 Linz @ Itz Linz February 15, 2013 at 9:55 am

LOL! These cracked me up! TGIF!
Linz @ Itz Linz recently posted..Itz Batch Cooking: Beans

19 Danica @ It's Progression February 15, 2013 at 10:00 am

The temps for your upcoming week could not look more perfect!!
I love that pic about the husband, it definitely made me laugh…why can they not remember where anything is?!
Danica @ It’s Progression recently posted..2.15 Friday Randomness

20 Avery @ Southern Belle Living Well February 15, 2013 at 10:02 am

I love Pinterest humor :) Your salad makes me happy. Why? Cause it resembles how mine looks whenever I get my hands on a salad bar!

21 cait February 15, 2013 at 10:06 am

love Ruby Tuesday! Their pumpernickel croutons are amazing, they taste like Pizza hut pan pizza crust to me!! lol

22 Courtney February 15, 2013 at 1:36 pm

Haha, they are definitely one of the best parts of that salad bar! Never thought of the pizza hut correlation though…interesting! ;)

23 Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl February 15, 2013 at 10:25 am

Ruby Tuesday’s salad bar ALWAYS makes me smile. It is literally the only reason that I go there. I honestly think that as far as chain restaurants go, their salad bar is top-notch! But then again, any salad bar that offers peas almost instantly wins me over! ;) And their croutons?? So good!
Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl recently posted..“Sausage,” Sweet Potato, and Apple Soup

24 Courtney February 15, 2013 at 1:35 pm

OMG loooooove the croutons!!!!

25 Natalie @ Free Range Human February 15, 2013 at 10:39 am

These are all too funny! I especially liked the one about the alphabet game because I can definitely relate!
Natalie @ Free Range Human recently posted..No One Puts Baby In A Corner

26 Lindsay February 15, 2013 at 10:49 am

The last cat image is HILARIOUS and so true :) Thanks for the laugh!!

27 Kerry @ Totes My Oats February 15, 2013 at 10:51 am

I love those images! Looks like the weather is going to be perrrfect for you guys!

28 Tara | Treble in the Kitchen February 15, 2013 at 10:53 am

Have so much fun on vacation! I can’t wait to see pics :) And…I love the e-card about the husband not knowing where ANYTHING in the house is…so true!! :) Happy Friday!

29 Karen @ Runner Girl Eats February 15, 2013 at 11:00 am

I love that the forecast is “abundant sunshine” that’s awesome! Hope you have a great time in Mexico. That crepe looks incredible!
Karen @ Runner Girl Eats recently posted..Friday Favorites

30 Leslie February 15, 2013 at 11:04 am

My husband and I are going to Playa del Carmen a week from today for our baby moon!! =) Hope you have a great trip!

31 Lauren February 15, 2013 at 11:06 am

Ah, I’m so so happy for you!!! Mexico is so close! :)

32 Chelsea @ LittleOneRuns February 15, 2013 at 11:14 am

what a perfect way to start my morning, laughing! love the best friend, alphabet, and cat one lol those made me laugh the hardest. enjoy your weekend :)
Chelsea @ LittleOneRuns recently posted..Friday Letters #5

33 Melissa @ Freeing Imperfections February 15, 2013 at 11:14 am

Lucky! I bet you can’t wait for Mexico. I think I could use some Mexico in my life right about now. Happy Friday!
Melissa @ Freeing Imperfections recently posted..{ Faith in My Friday } Welcome to My Journey!

34 Jessamy @ In the Words of an Asian February 15, 2013 at 11:15 am

Most of those items from Pintrest, crack me up!! I totally agree, glad your evening was nice! I will say I enjoy the salad bar there too! Have fun on vacation! :)
Jessamy @ In the Words of an Asian recently posted..I’ve Been Keeping A Secret…

35 Ashley @ Life and Fitness February 15, 2013 at 11:36 am

Ahhh you are so lucky going on vacation! Perfect timing to escape all the snow!

36 Danielle @ Truffles n' Treadmills February 15, 2013 at 11:45 am

Love the husband one! Too funny. Have fun on vacation
Danielle @ Truffles n’ Treadmills recently posted..A Little LÄRABAR Love

37 Caitlin February 15, 2013 at 11:47 am

I have a question regarding the resort you stay at for Mexico! I was wondering if you felt like it was geared more towards “couples” and possibly families or if it does have a younger “singles” crowd as well. My single girls and I are planning a trip and we are researching different options and this place looks so nice!! Thanks!

38 Courtney February 15, 2013 at 1:33 pm

I don’t remember seeing any kids and I do remember it being mostly couples, if that helps! :)

39 Lisa February 15, 2013 at 12:32 pm

The kitty picture is so cute!
These are awesome.
SO exciting about the upcoming trip! I bet you could use some relaxation time right now, and warm weather never hurts either!
Lisa recently posted..Coffee Talk

40 Kelsey Y. February 15, 2013 at 1:14 pm

Completely jealous of your Mexico trip! I’d love to head to that resort you go to sometime in my future. I guess Florida in March isn’t so bad…
The one major thing making me smile today?! Its my birthday. 21st to be exact!

41 Courtney February 15, 2013 at 1:33 pm

Yay!! Happy Birthday!! :)

42 Shel@PeachyPalate February 15, 2013 at 2:13 pm

No wonder you’re feeling sprucy with the thoughts of that holiday…and the crepes!!! Is it Sunday you’re going?
Shel@PeachyPalate recently posted..Chewy Yet Crisp

43 Courtney February 15, 2013 at 2:48 pm

No, a couple days later

44 Alysia @ Slim Sanity February 15, 2013 at 2:37 pm

Salad bar at Ruby Tuesday’s is the best! I haven’t been in forever…. I’m not sure we even have one around here! I used to go in college all the time
Alysia @ Slim Sanity recently posted..Wine of the Week: Casa Blanca Nimbus Sauvignon Blanc

45 Annette@FitnessPerks February 15, 2013 at 2:48 pm

The Alphabet game one is HILARIOUS!! Bahahhaha!
Annette@FitnessPerks recently posted..Round-Up of this Week’s Eats (Pictures)

46 Nicole @ Fruit 'N' Fitness February 15, 2013 at 3:17 pm

Haha these are all making me laugh, so funny! I hope you have an AMAZING vacation!
Nicole @ Fruit ‘N’ Fitness recently posted..Banana Pancakes

47 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles February 15, 2013 at 3:49 pm

Definitely jealous of your vacation, especially after seeing that weather report!

And that alphabet game sign – too awesome.
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..Five Things Friday: Feb. 15th/13

48 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake February 15, 2013 at 4:01 pm

Oooh so jealous of the warm weather you’ll be experiencing!

49 Lift, Sleep, Eat February 15, 2013 at 4:44 pm

Oh wow! Hope you have a great holiday! Looks beautiful where you’re going!
Those pinterest things made me laugh so much! I’m so easily amused haha!
Lift, Sleep, Eat recently posted..Moussy Delights

50 Brooke @ Running In Heels February 15, 2013 at 4:48 pm

That humid gif is one of my favorites!
Brooke @ Running In Heels recently posted..Waffles For Breakfast and Fridays Circuit Workout

51 Jessica @ Prayers and Apples February 15, 2013 at 5:27 pm

lol love the pinterest finds! and soo jealous about your vk (and that delicious ruby tuesday’s pasta salad – i’m a recovering addict lol) – yay about baby tooth too! ♥
Jessica @ Prayers and Apples recently posted..Can You Die from a Broken Heart?

52 Bek @ Crave February 15, 2013 at 8:02 pm

That pussy cat is adorable! HAhaha and that humid one :P
Bek @ Crave recently posted..Link Love 16/2

53 Katie @ skinnyminniemoves February 16, 2013 at 12:01 am

oh my gosh that pot one is SO true. I do it every darn time! Yes dishes over, turn my back oh crap the skillets and pots! lol

54 Clara February 16, 2013 at 6:29 am

They all made me laugh. :D Have a great holiday! :)

55 Sara@fitcupcaker February 16, 2013 at 8:19 am

Can I go on vacation with you!? Lol
Sara@fitcupcaker recently posted..Attune Food’s Free Giveaway!