Cody’s Prediction on Baby Tooth

by Courtney on February 28, 2013

Jay and I had some fun last night with the Codester.

Don’t get me wrong…we always have fun with our favorite, wacky fur ball. I mean, just look at that face. ;)

But as we were playing with some of his fetch toys, I realized that he had (among many others) a blue one and a red one out…so I thought, “Heyyyyy, how about we see if Cody can predict if Baby Tooth is a boy or a girl?!”

So I took a quick little video to see how things would go and as it turns out, it appears that Cody is quite confident in his decision.

Forgive me for the terrible, shaky video. I’m definitely not a videographer. ;)

Obviously, Cody’s prediction is about as reliable as the groundhog is at predicting spring, but I must say that if I HAD to choose, I’m going to have to agree with him. I don’t know why, but I guess that’s just the way I’m leaning. Not much longer until we find out though!

*****

Last Night’s Dinner

Totally random, totally delicious, and totally large. What can I say? I wanted a little bit of everything.

Included in this large meal was a tiny piece of chicken (literally, about three bites), 1/4 of an avocado, a baked sweet potato with plain CHO, a piece of cornbread,

and a small bowl of pasta fagioli.

Everything really hit the spot, despite the fact that I was all over the place.

A couple of hours later I still needed something sweet so I snacked on a jello pudding cup.

Impulse buy from the other day, and so worth it.

I also managed to get all caught up on my episodes of The Bachelor that were DVR’d last night, and all I’ll say is WOAH! Although I did see it coming towards the end of the episode, I’m still surprised?! I thought for sure she’d be down to the final two (I’m not saying who since I know two of my besties haven’t watched it yet).

Question for the Morning:

Do you ever pay attention to and/or have fun with prediction quizzes or things like that?

I certainly think they’re fun (I think I’ve taken about 5 different gender prediction quizzes) but I don’t rely on them for credible answers. :)

1 chelcie @ chelcie's food files February 28, 2013 at 9:07 am

it won’t let me watch the video for some reason :( its saying that its private. Your meal looks absolutely delicious though!

2 Courtney February 28, 2013 at 9:54 am

Awww crap…I think I fixed it though!

3 Katie February 28, 2013 at 9:07 am

I think a girl! I just have felt that, but who knows! Either way girl or boy, you will have a beautiful and healthy baby!

Cody is so cute, haha! My sons pap has a cat that looks just like Cody, his name is peanut! ;)

4 Sylvia @ Frolic Through Life February 28, 2013 at 9:11 am

I can’t see the video either! :( I love me some pasta fagioli. It’s been way too long since I’ve had some.

5 Courtney February 28, 2013 at 9:54 am

Sorry about that! It should work now :)

6 Cait February 28, 2013 at 9:11 am

video says it is private!

7 Courtney February 28, 2013 at 9:53 am

It should be working now!

8 Annie February 28, 2013 at 9:16 am

I can’t see the video either! I am thinking BOY for you…when do you guys find out again?

9 Courtney February 28, 2013 at 9:53 am

It should work now! We find out early next week :)

10 Ashley @ Life and Fitness February 28, 2013 at 9:21 am

Yeah I can’t see the video either. But I am going to guess that you are having a boy!

11 Courtney February 28, 2013 at 9:53 am

Oh poo…I think I fixed it!

12 Lily February 28, 2013 at 9:22 am

The video is private!

13 Courtney February 28, 2013 at 9:53 am

I think it’s fixed :)

14 Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl February 28, 2013 at 9:23 am

I could not see the video, either. I was looking forward to learning Cody’s prediction, too! ;)

Oh, and that dinner happens to look quite amazing, especially the soup! YUM! :)

15 Courtney February 28, 2013 at 9:53 am

It should be working now!

16 Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl February 28, 2013 at 10:46 am

Aww, yay!! I think I am going to have to agree with Cody! I am thinking a boy, too :).

17 Elaine @ Cooking to Perfection February 28, 2013 at 9:27 am

I always take fun little quizzes like that. Why not? And who knows…they might be true! ;)

18 Karen February 28, 2013 at 9:30 am

I can’t see the video either…:( Our cats (2 of them) slept in the nursery almost every night before Keely arrived and they are just starting to get use to her. Cohen is a cat that should probably be on anxiety pills (ha-ha) so he isn’t that friendly with anyone but me and Summer takes a beating from Keely but K is learning that we have to be nice to the kitties or they won’t be our friends.
Can’t wait to see what you are having as I have a feeling it’s a little football player…ha-ha!

19 Courtney February 28, 2013 at 9:52 am

It should work now! :)

20 Natalie @ Free Range Human February 28, 2013 at 9:33 am

I’m pulling for a girl! Your dinner looks delicious. I had a sweet potato last night, and once again wondered why I don’t eat them more often!

21 Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries February 28, 2013 at 9:33 am

Bummer, the video doesn’t seem to be working! Regardless, the photos of Cody are too cute! I did a few fun prediction quizzes online before we found out we were having a boy. I didn’t take them seriously, but it was still fun. Most of them were right though!

22 Courtney February 28, 2013 at 9:52 am

Oh poo…it should be working now!

23 Sarah @PickyRunner February 28, 2013 at 9:48 am

Aww your cat is too cute! I’m not really a cat lover but that is pretty precious :)
I hope it’s a girl!

24 Runner Girl Eats February 28, 2013 at 9:53 am

Aw I can’t get the video to play but I think it’d be very cool if Cody’s prediction was right! I like taking silly prediction quizzes for a laugh but don’t actually rely on them.

25 michelle kim February 28, 2013 at 9:57 am

I’m not one to believe in predictions that much, but it’s still fun to do!
As far as quizzes, the only one I really get into is the Briggs-meyer personality test. That one is just so accurate, and I end up learning a lot about the person through that test.

26 Sarah @ Making Thyme for Health February 28, 2013 at 9:58 am

I have heard the Chinese gender predictor can be pretty accurate!

27 Christy February 28, 2013 at 10:07 am

The husband and I tried several wives tales to figure out our baby’s gender, but the most scientifically fun one we tried was the Baking Soda Gender Test. It was accurate for us.

28 Krystan February 28, 2013 at 10:16 am

Cody is so cute :) We (or should I say mostly I) did a lot of the quizzes for fun…most of which were hard cuz it was too early in the pregnancy to answer some of the questions. The one I like the best is the Chinese calendar prediction for gender. I did it for people I knew that already had babies to see how accurate it would be (50-50 imagine that, lol), but it was right for me! We found out we are having a boy…if you haven’t tried it yet, google it. It’s fun :) My husband liked the “girls steal their mother’s beauty” wise tale…based on that I would say you are having a boy!

29 Amanda @ .running with spoons. February 28, 2013 at 10:20 am

Cody might just be on to something – animals have a pretty good instinct for these things… I mean, Ozzy the bear predicted the Superbowl winner two years in a row, and you can’t argue with that kind of logic ;) In all honesty, though, games like this are always fun, regardless of whether or not they’re accurate. Excited to hear what the real outcome will be though!

30 Linz @ Itz Linz February 28, 2013 at 10:24 am

haha that’s really funny! i def have fun with quizzes and predictions but never put too much weight in them! :)

31 Allison February 28, 2013 at 10:29 am

This is so fun! Cody is a smart cat,

32 Elizabeth @ My Neon Running Shoes February 28, 2013 at 10:54 am

Have you tried the chinese gender calendar? What did it say if so?! It’s been right for a ton of people I know. I don’t know whether to believe it or not but it’s still so fun to guess :-)

33 Cassie @RedLetterDaye February 28, 2013 at 11:09 am

Oh man, my Dad ( who is 77…yup) SWEARS BY the horoscopes. It’s so funny, he’s like the most straightforward guy ever but reads his and mine and my siblings horoscopes every day religiously. One time I was having a heart to heart with him, and he goes, “Cass, look, you gotta read this, it’s all there, exactly.” And hands me that days astrology listings. Then he goes, “You know, I believe in the stars.” It was like the cutest, sweetest, and kind of funniest thing ever. :) Love my Dad and his funny quirks.

34 Renee @ Fit For Motherhood February 28, 2013 at 11:19 am

That video of Cody is so cute. I think those quizzes are fun but like you I don’t rely on them for facts. I have taking a few so far during this pregnancy. I just can’t stand not knowing. :)

35 Taylor February 28, 2013 at 11:28 am

For both my children, all the gender prediction tests were wrong (I didn’t try a cat, haha). I hope you have a boy! I am pregnant with my second boy and they are a lot of fun.

36 Danielle @ Truffles n' Treadmills February 28, 2013 at 11:30 am

such a cute video!

37 Jessamy @ In the Words of an Asian February 28, 2013 at 11:40 am

I think they are just funny, so I do them for a laugh!

P.S. Cody is adorable!! :)

38 Dorsa @ Running Thoughts February 28, 2013 at 11:46 am

I took tons of gender prediction quizzes and they were right.. well most of them haha. I guess there is only a 50/50 chance :) haha.

I just had a gut feeling we were having a boy and I was right!

39 RochelleT February 28, 2013 at 11:48 am

Courtney, I don’t know the accuracy rate of this, but I went back and looked at the u/s from both of my pregnancies, and this was accurate for me. If you look at your first u/s (usually around 6 weeks), look at the placenta. If it is on the right side, it’s a boy. If the placenta is on the left, it’s a girl.

40 Sarah February 28, 2013 at 11:59 am

Although I love Cody’s hunch, do you know cats (and dogs) are a little color blind? Apparently they see blues, purples and greys more clearly and reds / oranges are a little off their radar… Just a little trivia there, to throw in the mix! ;)

41 april February 28, 2013 at 12:01 pm

aww, the cody video is really cute! i wonder if his prediction is correct. maybe you can somehow incorporate cody into the gender reveal, like tie a blue or pink ribbon around his collar. :)

42 Claire @ Keeping Up With Claire February 28, 2013 at 12:04 pm

I used to be sooooo superstitious and would read way too much into things! I’m excited for you guys to find out soon so we can see just how psychic Cody is ;)

43 Nicole February 28, 2013 at 12:48 pm

The Chinese predictor quiz and Dr. Ramzi’s theory was right! You should check it out! I thought mine was a boy the whole time, but I am having a daughter! So excited! Pink things are so much cuter :)

44 Nicole February 28, 2013 at 12:49 pm

Oh yeah…and my 2 year old nephew also predicted a girl! :)

45 kelsey February 28, 2013 at 1:11 pm

I might go back to my original prediction. I truly didn’t get a definitive prediction when I saw you. Btw Codester is the CUTEST!! I want to hug him!

46 Annette@FitnessPerks February 28, 2013 at 1:37 pm

That is too funny! I think you’re having a girl–can’t wait to see what you’re having!

47 Brooke @ Running In Heels February 28, 2013 at 1:43 pm

Such a cute idea!! I wonder if you and Cody will be right? :)

48 Brittany (Healthy Slice of Life) February 28, 2013 at 1:59 pm

I’m guessing a girl for you! Though my mother’s instinct has proven to be quite terrible :)
I can’t wait to find out!

49 Shel@PeachyPalate February 28, 2013 at 2:11 pm

I do when they tell me what they want to tell me :) Love the dinner! My favourite meals are always bits and bobs especially when cornbread is included!

50 Katie @ LifesNextBigStep February 28, 2013 at 2:32 pm

I stumbled upon your blog last week and love it! And I love that the cat thinks it’s a boy! I’m also pregnant – 26 weeks – and having a girl. With your sweet tooth (even though it was that way before you got preg, as was mine) I’d bet you’re having a girl! Can’t wait to hear :)

51 Molly @ Just Your Average Athlete February 28, 2013 at 2:56 pm

I’m going to side with Cody on this one :P Those pictures of him are too cute! So sweet & innocent haha

I’ve never take any type of predictor quizzes before. I bet it’s pretty freaky if they’re accurate though!

52 Angela February 28, 2013 at 3:00 pm

When I’m pregnant I want to try all the weird little prediction things. I love stuff like that!!

53 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss February 28, 2013 at 3:08 pm

hahaha. I adore the alarm on Cody’s face when you guys yell.

I CAN’T WAIT TO HEAR!

54 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake February 28, 2013 at 4:40 pm

I still say girl for whatever reason! But hey, my guess is as good as Cody’s! ;-)

55 Heather @fitncookies February 28, 2013 at 5:05 pm

This is adorable! I am a cat lover so this was awesome! I think it’s going to be a girl, but maybe Cody will be right! That pudding cup looks delicious! Might need to get one!

56 Lisa February 28, 2013 at 6:04 pm

Such an adorable video. I’m with Cody on the baby’s gender. When do you find out?

57 Courtney February 28, 2013 at 6:11 pm

We find out on Monday but probably won’t be sharing publicly until the following week :)

58 Lynn February 28, 2013 at 9:12 pm

Now that I’m having a boy (super soon), I want everyone to have a little man! Hoping your fur baby is right! I highly recommend doing a gender reveal party with your families and finding out at the same time they do. Plus, it’s a good excuse to have a yummy cake ;)

59 Jenny@thewellnessjourney March 1, 2013 at 9:48 am

I’m a little bias since I have a girl. :-)

My friends and I did some prediction thing once with a thread and needle and you swing it over your hand??? lol I don’t know, it was so long ago. But so far her prediction has come true! She had a girl just like it “said”!

60 Rachelle March 1, 2013 at 2:03 pm

Cody is SOOO adorable! I can’t get over it!

61 Lauren March 1, 2013 at 7:30 pm

Cody is such a cute little cat!

62 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More March 3, 2013 at 8:20 am

While I really liked her, I ultimately didn’t think he’d end up picking her but also thought she’d make it to the final 2. I wonder if she’ll be the next Bachelorette? Or maybe Sarah? They both are super sweet girls with pretty intense stories.