Such a Cliche

by Courtney on February 28, 2013

So here we are, last day of February already. I don’t know about you, but I feel like this past month absolutely flew by (although I’m sure vacation probably had something to do with it). Something tells me though, that these next few months are either going to fly by even quicker, or they’re going to draaaaag in anticipation of Baby Tooth’s arrival this summer. Who knows! All I know is that I’m excited for March because we’re definitely planning on starting to get some nursery stuff ready. SO excited!!

But really, let’s talk about some food, shall we?

Last night, I took the time to prep both today’s breakfast and lunch…which is a really smart move on my part since I’ve been dragging a$$ these past few mornings. Breakfast was thoroughly enjoyed at work…

Decaf coffee + a yogurt bowl with strawberries, blueberries, Quaker Oatmeal Squares (my FAVORITE) and some granola. So, so good.

I didn’t photograph any snacks, but there were definitely some throughout the day, including an orange, a random bag of fruit snacks (they tasted freakin’ delicious), and something I know I’m forgetting…but anywho.

Lunch was broken into two parts. Around noon, I dug into my salad, which was packed with lots of good stuff, especially avocado.

Around 3pm, I heated up my mini sweet potato (cooked it last night with the others) and topped it with a wedge of The Laughing Cow cinnamon cream cheese.

Deeeeelicious.

Oh yes, I remember another random snack that occurred this afternoon. That would be pickles. Yes, a cup of pickles.

I had to order in some lunch today at work, and included in the order came a big ol’ container of pickles. So as I was setting everything up, I couldn’t help but snag a few.

Yep, pregnant lady walking around the office with a cup of pickles. I’m such a cliche. ;)

1 Lisa February 28, 2013 at 5:04 pm

I can’t believe it’s March tomorrow either! It’s so weird to me. I feel like 2013 just started, so crazy.
Keeping busy definitely makes everything fly by.
Haha, I love that you’re walking around the office with a cup of pickles, that’s kind of awesome.
Now I’m also totally craving a sweet potato. That looks excellent.

2 Margaret @ Have a Good Run February 28, 2013 at 5:08 pm

Quaker Oatmeal Squares are my most favorite cereal EVER. Unfortunately, in NYC they run for about $6 a box so I only stock up when I visit my parents down in Virginia! And yes…I will also need a sweet potato tonight. YUM!

3 Shel@PeachyPalate February 28, 2013 at 5:23 pm

I love me some pickles! :) It’s not just a pregnancy thing!

4 Linz @ Itz Linz February 28, 2013 at 5:23 pm

haha that is really funny! your yogurt bowl looks so good!

5 Kathryn February 28, 2013 at 5:26 pm

Know what my favorite snack is? A big bowl of popcorn and a bowl of pickles (either dill or bread and butter, I don’t care). I love pickles and will snack on them all the time…and I’m not even pregnant right now! Lol.

6 Lauren February 28, 2013 at 5:28 pm

Haha, I crave pickles and fro yo all the time and I’m not even pregnant. I think it’s a very valid craving and if I were you, I would just go with it. :)

7 Amanda @ .running with spoons. February 28, 2013 at 5:33 pm

Hey now, I crave pickles like crazy and I don’t even have the excuse of being pregnant… And it would only be cliche if you were walking around with pickles AND ice cream :P

8 Heather @ Housewife Glamour February 28, 2013 at 6:13 pm

I would totally be that girl walking around with a cup of pickles… and I’m definitely not preggo. Love, love it! Happy March :)

9 Kristen @ notsodomesticated February 28, 2013 at 6:14 pm

I had a thing for pickles in the middle of my pregnancy, and I felt like such a walking cliche. ;) Too funny! I can’t wait to find out what you’re having!

10 kim@hungryhealthygirl February 28, 2013 at 6:21 pm

I was just thinking about it already being March tomorrow. How did that happen? Wasn’t it just Christmas? ;)

11 Ashley @ Life and Fitness February 28, 2013 at 6:28 pm

I miss pickles! I always forget to buy them at the grocery store.

12 Avery @ Southern Belle Living Well February 28, 2013 at 6:30 pm

Haha! I’m obviously not pregnant, but I eat pickles straight from the jar all the time. No shame, girl! :)

13 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles February 28, 2013 at 6:37 pm

Throw ice cream on there, and then you’ve got the pregnancy cliche :-p

14 Danica @ It's Progression February 28, 2013 at 6:49 pm

I bet these next few months are just going to FLY BY for you! Before you know it you’ll be saying that you can’t believe Baby Tooth will be here in just a couple weeks :)

15 Katy February 28, 2013 at 7:11 pm

LOVE the cup of pickles! We were really upset last week when we got home from grocery shopping and realized we left the bag with ketchup and pickles at the store. :-( I’ve been craving them ever since!

16 Jen@HealthyFoodandFamily February 28, 2013 at 7:12 pm

How in the hell is it March already?! Holy crap.
OMG, I could NOT get enough pickles when I was pregnant with the boys, I didn’t crave them at all with my 2nd, but 1st and 3rd…NEEDED them!!!

17 Amanda, RD- The Nutritionist Reviews February 28, 2013 at 7:40 pm

I love the pickles! You are a cliche : )

18 Lyric February 28, 2013 at 8:25 pm

I crave pickles alll the time, especially dipped in PB. Weird I know but try it, it rocks.

19 Erin @ Axell's Kitchen February 28, 2013 at 9:16 pm

I used to love pickles but when I was pregnant I couldn’t stomach them! The same thing actually happened with peanut butter and sweets too.

20 Katie February 28, 2013 at 9:16 pm

Woa. A baked sweet potato with Laughing Cow cinnamon cream cheese? That sounds like HEAVEN.

21 Sarah @PickyRunner February 28, 2013 at 9:24 pm

No but the month really DID fly by! It’s crazy to think about it like that. I’m ready for march to come so the weather gets warmer!

22 Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl February 28, 2013 at 9:27 pm

Baha, LOVE the cup of pickles! It may be a bit cliche, but it would be so wrong if you weren’t craving pickles, right? ;)

Yummm…fruit snacks! It has been FAR too long since I have eaten a package of those super yummy snacks. The Welch’s brand is my favorite!

23 Maureen @ Breaking Free & Finding Me February 28, 2013 at 9:30 pm

pickles are delicious! and I don’t even have the excuse of being pregnant ;)

24 Katie@skinnyminniemoves February 28, 2013 at 9:34 pm

I love pickles! I have a feeling one day when I’m pregnant I will hate them since I love them so much now

25 Nicole @ Fruit 'N' Fitness February 28, 2013 at 10:19 pm

I hadn’t thought about using the laughing cow cinnamon cheese wedges on sweet potatoes, what a great idea!

26 Jessica @ Prayers and Apples February 28, 2013 at 11:45 pm

i know! feb went so fast! can’t wait to see what you guys do for the nursery :) and LOL @ the pickles – what is it that makes everyone crave them?! i think it’s so cute though – if i’m ever blessed enough to get pregnant, i’m going totally gonna embrace every cliche i can! ♥

27 emily February 28, 2013 at 11:49 pm

That cracks me up about the cup of pickles!! I couldn’t help myself when I was pregnant too…I ate pickles (and raw onions-weird) like candy:) Such a strong craving!!

28 Kym March 1, 2013 at 7:10 am

I’ve never thought about adding the cinnamon cream cheese to a sweet potato – what a fantastic idea!! Thanks :)

29 Karen March 1, 2013 at 8:15 am

I will have to try the sweet potato and cinnamon cream cheese…looks and sounds so good!

30 Brooke @ Running In Heels March 1, 2013 at 8:41 am

Hahah, love the cliche!

31 The Family Practice Blog March 1, 2013 at 9:35 am

I didn’t have any weird cravings the first time around but during the pregnancy of our second son, I walked past a pickle-on-a-stick stand at Pike Place Market – had to have it! That’s even worse than pickles in a cup! I walked around, eight months large and eating a pickle on a stick! My husband was so kind as to snap a photo and share it to FB

32 Dorsa @ Running Thoughts March 1, 2013 at 10:07 am

haha awesome.. I never craved pickles.. But I do love them!

33 Kasey March 1, 2013 at 10:26 am

You dont have to be preggo to crave pickles!!

34 Courtney March 1, 2013 at 10:51 am

Oh, I know! :) The two are just very commonly associated, haha

35 Ashlee@HisnHers March 1, 2013 at 11:43 am

So where can I find mini sweet potatoes?! I’ve NEVER come across them but they’re perfect.

36 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More March 2, 2013 at 10:12 pm

HAHA! I LOVE the pickles at the end… ;)