10 Weeks in the Making

by Courtney on March 4, 2013

Monday already? Yikes…where does the time go?

Yesterday wound up being a fairly busy day, and I never got a chance to check in and say hello to you all! Soooo, how about I fill you all in a bit on the highlights from our day?

Saturday night wound up being a late, after 1am, night with friends so I let myself sleep in a bit once again. Upon waking, it didn’t take long to realize I was starving and ready for some food. I needed something quick, so cereal was the name of the game.

IMG_1486.JPG (2)

Quaker Oatmeal Squares, Multigrain Cheerios, strawberries, blueberries, chia seeds, and unsweetened vanilla almond milk. Can’t beat it.

We all had a fairly lazy morning (except for Herm, who apparently enjoyed the cereal just as much as I did), but I think Cody won the award for laziest.

He was lounging around alllll morning long, and my gosh was he being stinkin’ cute.

Eventually, I got myself moving a bit and decided to do a workout (this workout, to be exact) and it felt great. Check out that growing bump!

IMG_1487.JPG (2)

Workouts were a bit sporadic for me this past week, so I’m hoping to get back into somewhat of a routine this coming week.

*****

The afternoon consisted of some grocery shopping and baking for me, while Jay went out to pick up a little something for an organization project. As I walked back through the door, I was once again greeted by my lazy little fur ball, who decided to make a new bed out of the hamper.

Can’t blame him though…it does like comfy, right?

And then I got to work on baking some cupcakes.

That, of course, was my second batch of the day, since I apparently forgot to set the timer for my first batch and they totally overcooked. #fail

The cupcakes are actually for tonight, and are going to soon be filled and decorated with one of these two colors…

Because today we’re finding out if Baby Tooth is a boy or a girl!!!! Smile

We’re having our parents and my brother over tonight for the “big reveal,” so since I’ll only have a little bit of time to finish making the cupcakes, I made sure of baking them and getting the frosting prepared.

All I’ll have to do once we get home is color the frosting on the left either pink or blue, and that’ll be the filling of our cupcakes. I’ll decorate the tops white with both color sprinkles to keep the surprise a secret until they bite right in. I’m soooo, so excited!!

I know many of you have been asking if I’m going to share the big news to everyone and of COURSE I’ll be sharing! BUT…not until next week. Jay and I want to be sure that we tell all of our closest friends and family first, some of which we won’t be able to see until this coming weekend. So yes, there will be a little bit of a delay in sharing the news on the blog, but I promise I will soon. Smile

*****

Other highlights from Sunday? Well, Jay did a great job of reorganizing our bedroom closet. The before was really a jumbled mess…

But the after is already giving us some more room.

Unfortunately, we have very, very small closets so our options are limited to what we can do with them. I’ve still got to play around with a few things in there, but I’m definitely happy with the outcome.

Since Jay and I both worked so hard all afternoon (okay, not really that hard, but still) we rewarded ourselves with quite a treat for dinner…and that would be Five Guys.

You guys, when I tell you that I’ve been craving a Five Guys burger and fries for weeks now, I’m not even kidding. Remember when I had my Whopper craving back at the beginning of my pregnancy? Well, that eventually faded, but was quickly followed with Five Guys. So really, this has been about 10 weeks in the making.

A burger with all the fixings (bacon, lettuce, tomato, pickles, grilled onions, ketchup mustard) plus way more fries than I should have had was exactly what I needed to fulfill that craving. Totally hit the spot.

So there’s my Sunday in a nutshell. Another great weekend overall, which went way to quick as always. Time to get back to the grind of another work week!

Questions for the Morning:

• What was the biggest highlight of your weekend?
  • What was the last major craving you fulfilled?
  • What is one home organization project you really need to do but have been putting off?

1 Molly Carter March 4, 2013 at 8:04 am

I had a little cheeseburger and fries from Five Guys last week and it was amazing. You just gotta give into those pregnancy cravings from time to time! Can’t wait to hear if you’re team blue or pink!

2 Sarah @PickyRunner March 4, 2013 at 8:07 am

I’m surprised to say I’ve never had five guys. Ever. I know, I’m really strange. I’m not usually a fast food person at all but I know it’s supposed to be really good. Love the cupcake idea! I hope they’re pink ;)

3 Lindsey March 4, 2013 at 8:07 am

What a exciting day!!!
We came to Arizona for holidays for two weeks this weekend :) That will be my highlight for the next two weeks.
I need to go through my closet to swap out winter clothes and ones that are (sadly) too small now but the good news, this makes room for new spring and summer clothes!

4 Katie March 4, 2013 at 8:12 am

YAY today is the big day! I am very excited for you and Jay! I think its great you are waiting to tell the blog world the news too, we did same thing and wanted to let close friends and family know first, plus we wanted to enjoy the special time too.

My son loves five guys, he would be jealous if he saw this pic ;)

Happy Monday Girl! Hope all goes well with anatomy scan too, I know it will! <3

5 elizabeth @ My Neon Running Shoes March 4, 2013 at 8:12 am

WHAT AN EXCITING DAY!!! One you will never forget! I am so so happy for you guys and wish you the best time tonight. Enjoy every moment :-)

6 Shari March 4, 2013 at 8:21 am

Ah, how exciting! Have the best time today and tonight … treasure every moment!

7 Chelsea @ LittleOneRuns March 4, 2013 at 8:23 am

Omg that burger looks so good!! I must go to Five Guys now lol. Last major craving I had was a chocolate one :) I REALLY need to clean/declutter my room….

8 Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl March 4, 2013 at 8:27 am

I LOVE Multigrain Cheerios!! I do not know how they make them taste SO darn good!

I cannot wait to hear whether or not the baby is a boy or a girl. Your “gender reveal” gathering sounds fun, and the cupcake idea is great!

9 nycfitgirl March 4, 2013 at 8:29 am

Very excited to find out the big news!! This is such an exciting day for you!

10 Amy March 4, 2013 at 8:36 am

So excited for you Courtney!!!!!

11 Amanda Perry @ Sistas of Strength March 4, 2013 at 8:43 am

What a super exciting day!!!!! Can’t wait to hear. I am loving the growing bump pics. :)

12 Parita @ myinnershakti March 4, 2013 at 8:46 am

I can feel your excitement through the screen and can’t wait to read about how the big reveal went with your families!

And I cleaned out my side of the closet this weekend as well. It was something I’d been putting off for weeks, and I finally bit the bullet on Saturday. I feel like I have lots more to play with now that everything is organized by type of clothing. :) Now my goal is to keep it organized!

13 Linz @ Itz Linz March 4, 2013 at 8:51 am

Can’t wait to find out!!!! Gender reveal is SO FUN!!!!

14 Presley @ Run Pretty March 4, 2013 at 8:52 am

Have fun sharing the news! We revealed ours to our parents through the ultrasound video. Too bad I called him a “he” before we even watched it. Doh. I can’t keep a secret.

15 Ruthie Hart March 4, 2013 at 8:57 am

EEEEEEEK! I cant wait! Will you be posting tomorrow?

16 Sarah @ Blonde Bostonian March 4, 2013 at 8:57 am

I LOVE the cupcake idea! What a cute way to share your news with friends and family.

17 Ashley @ Life and Fitness March 4, 2013 at 9:03 am

You must be beyond excited to find out the gender!!! Five Guys seriously has the best fries hands down of any place. They always make them super crunchy. I love the picture of Cody in the laundry basket. He looks like hes being bothered to have his picture taken haha.

18 Avery @ Southern Belle Living Well March 4, 2013 at 9:04 am

I can’t wait to find out! And and, it’s ALWAYS time for Five Guys :)

19 Laurie @ Love, Laugh, Laurie March 4, 2013 at 9:04 am

I can’t wait for you to find out! Do you have names for either?

20 Natalie @ Free Range Human March 4, 2013 at 9:11 am

Five Guys is my husband’s favorite burger on the planet! I’m so excited for you guys. This will be such a fun day for you!

21 Angela @ Health's Angel March 4, 2013 at 9:15 am

So excited for you and your family!!! Best wishes today. :)

22 alyssa @ life a la wife March 4, 2013 at 9:20 am

I can’t believe you held out for 10 weeks – You totally deserved that!

So excited for you to find out the sex of baby tooth today!!

23 Lauren March 4, 2013 at 9:24 am

So so very excited to find out!!!! I can only imagine how you are feeling. I have my predications but I’m usually wrong so I’ll just wait patiently to find out. :)

24 Claire @ Keeping Up With Claire March 4, 2013 at 9:26 am

That’s so exciting for you and Jay, and your families, to find out today! I’m so excited for you guys and hope you have an amazing time celebrating tonight. The last food craving that I satisfied was sushi over the weekend-and I’m craving it again already! That stuff is gooooooooooood. ;)

25 Nicole @ FruitNFitness March 4, 2013 at 9:29 am

I love the lazy Cody pictures! Today is going to be so exciting! I love how your going to do colored frosting, such a fun idea.

26 Sarah @ Making Thyme for Health March 4, 2013 at 9:36 am

Can’t wait to find out what color sprinkles you use! :) I fulfill my craving for donuts every week. I hate to see how bad I will be when I’m pregnant!

27 Jacquelyn March 4, 2013 at 9:41 am

I was craving chocolate cake all week and I finally got it yesterday! It was soooo yummy.

28 Andrea @ Andrea Out Loud! March 4, 2013 at 9:42 am

Biggest highlight of my weekend was def buying a mattress – even though we dont have it yet – I am SO excited for it to come.
And biggest home project that ive been putting off is hanging pictures. ugh. I need to fill a few more frames which means ordering prints etc and I am just a procrastinator :)

29 Sarah @ Hungry and Healthy in Houston March 4, 2013 at 9:42 am

The highlight of my weekend was eating of all the fun “Fair Foods” at the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo. Fried Oreos, ummm yes!

30 Olivia @ Liv Lives Life March 4, 2013 at 9:44 am

Yay! That’s so exciting. I love the reveal idea! Can’t wait to find out!

31 Emily March 4, 2013 at 9:47 am

What an exciting day! Have a great time :)

Something about the changing weather is for sure making me want to clean out my closet and get some things done around the house I’ve been putting off. Maybe I’ll put it off a little long until day light savings and the warmer weather starts!

32 Molly @ Just Your Average Athlete March 4, 2013 at 9:51 am

My boyfriend’s sister did the gender-reveal of her baby with the colored frosting inside cupcakes, too! Such a cute idea :) Congrats on finding out today and celebrating with family & friends!!

33 Dorsa @ Running Thoughts March 4, 2013 at 9:52 am

Can’t wait to find out what you are having! I think boy :)

oh and I had cravings for five guys too!! Oh it feels so good to get what you are craving!

34 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles March 4, 2013 at 9:53 am

So excited to find out the news when you do share!

35 Paige @ Your Trainer Paige March 4, 2013 at 9:58 am

Ok, now I’M getting a mad craving for a burger and fries – and I just had that last week, lol. Can’t wait to find out what you’re having!! So exciting :)

36 Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries March 4, 2013 at 9:59 am

Can’t wait for you to find out!! :) Eeeek! I personally thought it made it all the more REAL when we found out the gender. It’s too fun.
Mmm can’t beat a Five Guys burger every once in awhile. Glad you satisfied your craving!
P.S. We need to catch up one of these days… It’s been wayyyy too long!!!

37 Katie March 4, 2013 at 10:15 am

Highlight of my weekend was probably finally being content with my blog. I just switched to self-hosted Friday night, and oh man has it taken forever to redo a lot of it. Still need to do a little work, but it feels wonderful to not stare at it all day again.

And I love the colored frosting idea for the sex of the baby. Such a cute way to reveal. :)

38 Meghan @ After the Ivy League March 4, 2013 at 10:27 am

Would you believe I’ve never had a five guys burger?? I know. It’s shocking. One of them opened up near me about a year ago and I still haven’t stopped by, I really need to though because that burger looks deliciousss!

39 Antonia March 4, 2013 at 10:44 am

I’m so excited for you!! Good luck today and I know all of your readers (including me!) can’t wait to find out if Baby Tooth is a boy or girl :)

40 Melissa @ Freeing Imperfections March 4, 2013 at 10:45 am

OMG now I want 5 guys! I work right next to one and I almost give in every day! I still actually haven’t been to the one I work next to, though. How silly!

The cupcake thing is SUCH a cute idea. You must be so freaking excited! I would be dying. Can’t wait to find out what the baby is!

41 Erin @ Axell's Kitchen March 4, 2013 at 10:51 am

I’ve been craving sweets in general and pretty much satisfy that craving every night haha.
And Ill bet you are so excited to find out the sex of the baby!!!!! It is such an amazing feeling to hear that news!
We announced the sex of our baby to everyone (other than close family and friends) at our wedding using blue frosting inside our cupcakes! It was one of my favorite moments when the DJ announced it while everyone bit in!

42 Lindsay March 4, 2013 at 11:14 am

I’ve never had Five Guys, but all my friends loooove it. I’ve never been a fastfood girl, but one day I might just have to try it just to say I did :) Very excited about the gender reveal for you and your family!

43 Jessamy @ In the Words of an Asian March 4, 2013 at 11:18 am

Highlight was a fun Saturday out with a co-worker to the nearby farmer’s market. It was a great morning!
Craving has been girl scout cookies, of course. Yet they seem to be dwindling away at a somewhat rapid pace (hehe)!
Home improvement has been just the need to organize and start packing for the fact that we will be moving in a few months (and I own WAY TOO much stuff)!

44 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake March 4, 2013 at 11:18 am

Such an exciting day!!!

45 Nicole March 4, 2013 at 11:19 am

I love Cody….I want a Cody of my own! He looks so snuggly!

46 Maureen @ Breaking Free & Finding Me March 4, 2013 at 11:32 am

Those cupcakes are adorable! What a great idea! can’t wait to hear about baby tooth :) Sounds like you had a great weekend!

47 Raychel March 4, 2013 at 11:35 am

Oh goodness Five Guys looks sooo good! I avoid it as much as I can but hey if it’s a craving you gotta give in!

My last major craving that I finally got to fulfill yesterday was THIN MINTS! They were selling them outside of the grocery store and I stuck them right in the freezer and got to indulge a few hours later :)

48 Tara | Treble in the Kitchen March 4, 2013 at 11:41 am

I can’t wait to see if you are having a boy or a girl!! Highlight of my weekend: attending the Les Mills quarterly event!! :) It was a blast and so exhausting. Happy Monday!

49 Katie@LifesNextBigStep March 4, 2013 at 11:42 am

That’s so exciting! I can’t wait to hear if it’s a lady or a lad!! :) And that Five Guys looks incredible right now…

50 Heidi March 4, 2013 at 11:49 am

Yay!! Can’t wait to read next week :) :)

Also, that picture of 5 guys looks delish. I think i know what i’m having for lunch.

51 Shel@PeachyPalate March 4, 2013 at 11:50 am

Eek! So excited to hear the news! The last craving I had was for toffee chunk cereal bars ….so I made some! They are awesome! :) That is one mighty looking burger!

52 Taren @ Life of Taren March 4, 2013 at 11:52 am

We JUST got a Five Guys in Canada, super excited! I can’t wait to read if you guys are having a boy or girl!

53 Runner Girl Eats March 4, 2013 at 11:55 am

The last food I craved was chocolate…per usual :) I am re organizing our closets next weekend and can’t wait! It’s such a disaster zone right now.

54 Debbie (Accidently Delish) March 4, 2013 at 12:05 pm

i LOVE five guys!! and you gotta go with your cravings. and since you’re pregnant you’re allowed to go with EVERY craving. what baby wants baby gets!!

hope you’re doing well <3

55 Ellie@Fit for the Soul March 4, 2013 at 12:41 pm

dahhhhh soo so exciting, Courtney! I found out that mine is a girl a few weeks ago and I couldn’t be more excited, esp. after seeing all these little girls at church running around and doing uber cute things with their cute little boots. :P It would be pretty cool if yours was a girl, since it seems like a lot of people I personally know and in the blogworld are getting a boy! haha. Either way, you guys will be blessed beyond measure after you find out~that ultrasound is going to blow your mind away.

56 Ashlee March 4, 2013 at 1:26 pm

Cute little bump!!

57 Cassie @RedLetterDaye March 4, 2013 at 1:49 pm

OMG! 5 guys! I feel like I can smell the fries…Drool! I’ll definitely be adding that to the list of needs, since I haven’t eaten there since college.

I definitely need to clean and organize my closet and I actually plan to do that this week. It’s out of control! ;)

58 Colleen March 4, 2013 at 2:09 pm

YAY for finding out the baby’s gender! And I love the cupcake idea! Can’t wait to hear how the reveal goes.

Yum… I love five guys burgers. Luckily I don’t partake too much, although those pictures left me wanting one!

59 Jentry Nielsen March 4, 2013 at 2:49 pm

Oh I just LOVE Five Guys, their cajun fries are so delicious! I’m not pregnant, but I do get cravings for those often haha
Your closet look so awesome! He did a great job, I need to send him over to my place, ours is a disaster ha
Can’t wait to find out the big news! Love that cupcake idea!!! Can’t wait for the pictures from your night! :)

60 Renee @ Fit For Motherhood March 4, 2013 at 2:53 pm

I am so excited for you to find out the gender of your baby. It is always so special I will never forget finding out for our girls and can’t wait to find out what our twins will be.
Five Guys is so good. I have been craving burgers a lot this pregnancy too. And now that I saw that burger I really want one with their amazing fries. :)
Can’t wait to find out what you are having. Have fun tonight!

61 Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries March 4, 2013 at 3:03 pm

I cannot WAIT to hear the news!!!

62 Clare @ Fitting It All In March 4, 2013 at 3:23 pm

SO FUN!!! Hope tonight is a blast and can’t wait for the big reveal!

63 Heather @fitncookies March 4, 2013 at 5:45 pm

I can’t wait to hear! But I totally respect your wishes on telling everyone first! Have a blast!!!

64 Audrey @ In Shape Cupcake March 4, 2013 at 7:08 pm

I am soooo excited to find out what you are having! And that breakfast looks so yum :)

65 Brianna K. @ Hungry Gator Gal March 4, 2013 at 11:53 pm

The cupcake idea to indicate Baby Tooth’s gender is adorable! I’m definitely stealing that trick for when I have munchkins of my own in the future :) By the way, the last craving I fulfilled included spoonfuls of peanut butter.

66 Bek @ Crave March 5, 2013 at 12:10 am

Love your idea of revealing your secret through cupcakes! How exciting :) Can’t wait to find out. Haha and yay to squashing cravings ;)

67 Danielle @ Truffles n' Treadmills March 5, 2013 at 7:47 pm

OMG! 5 Guys is sooo good!