WIAW: Spacing Things Out

I’m jumping back in on the WIAW bandwagon this week!

It’s no secret that these days, my appetite is pretty large. I’m usually eating just about all day long, but as I mentioned yesterday, I’ve been filling up a lot quicker than I’m used to. So yesterday, rather than sit down to big meals (not that I do that all the time anyways, but still…) I wound up spacing a lot of meals out throughout the day into smaller snacks, and it worked perfectly.

So here’s a look at what I ate…on Tuesday. Winking smile

Breakfast

Cinnamon raisin swirl bread with peanut butter & banana slices + coffee

I’ve been eyeballing the Pepperidge Farm whole wheat cinnamon raisin swirl bread at the grocery store for weeks now, and this past week I noticed that not only did I have a coupon, but they were also BOGO at Price Chopper.

The bread is SO good that it doesn’t even need to be toasted. I’ve had it the past two mornings (three, if we’re counting today) and it is just totally hittin’ the spot.

Mid-morning, I also snacked on the other half of my banana but that went un-photographed.

Lunch/Snacks – Parts 1, 2, 3, and 4

My day yesterday was pretty crazy, and lunch was eaten in quite a few different phases. Around 1:00, I grabbed a small cup (about three bites worth) of some potato salad that was leftover from a sales luncheon. It was probably the best potato salad I’ve had in years…no joke.

A little while later, I ate part one of lunch – a banana Chobani with strawberries, blueberries, Quaker Oatmeal Squares, and Multigrain Cheerios.

About an hour later, I snacked on some baby carrots and grape tomatoes with sundried tomato hummus.

Around 4:00pm, I needed something yet again, so I grabbed a Blueberry Bliss Luna bar from my desk drawer stash. I absolutely LOVE the blueberry flavor Luna bars – probably my favorite.

Pre-Dinner Snack

I couldn’t help it…

We didn’t eat dinner until a little after 7:00pm, so while we started getting things prepped, I wound up snacking on a garlic knot leftover from Monday night. Heated up, I swear it was even better this time around.

Dinner

About a half hour later, dinner was finally served. And ohhhhh baby, was it good!

I made a couple of simple side salads to accompany the main star of the evening…grilled buffalo chicken sandwiches.

I actually made this recipe back in May of 2011 (was totally shocked when I realized it was almost two years ago?!) after finding it in one of Jay’s issues of Men’s Health. The recipe wasn’t posted online when I originally made them, but it is now (here’s the recipe). We followed it exactly, but I also added some sliced avocado to my sandwich just to jazz it up a bit more. So spicy…soooo good.

Dessert

Jay and I each enjoyed a special cupcake shortly after dinner.

And if you ask me, any night that ends with cupcakes is a good night. Winking smile

Comments

I like your dinner and your dessert and the garlic knots! I want to try making myself some of those! I think it’s about time for you to share the inside of that cupcake with us… ;)

Yay for What I Ate Wednesday! :)

I LOVE that cinnamon swirl bread, and I love that they have a whole wheat variety, since I try to eat whole wheat bread as much as possible. It is super tasty :). And speaking of bread, that garlic knot looks amazing.

I am LOVING the looks and sound of that sandwich. I am thinking that I might even be able to try that with tofu, or maybe a Quorn “chicken” cutlet. Either way, I am sure that with the buffalo sauce and those toppings it would taste amazing!

Oh, and can’t you just let us take a little peak inside of those cupcakes?? ;)

That’s exactly how I like to eat most days- lighter, spaced out meals! Being able to eat every few hours is the best part. That cinnamon swirl bread sounds great; I had no idea they have a whole wheat version now! May have to check that out. I love my CR Eziekel bread but I’m sure the Pepperidge Farm version is cheaper!

OMG, that is the exact breakfast I eat almost every morning these days!
    I’m totally in the market for a new cinnamon raisin bread because the one I have has high fructose corn syrup and other bad things (it’s the cheap generic one).

I LOVE buffalo chicken! Well, I love buffalo sauce but since I dont do chicken I miss it! Maybe I could do this recipe with a Quorn cutlet or something? YUM!

I use to buy the Peppridge Farm breads all of the time. They make for excellent french toast.
    And your dinner sounds ideal! Buffalo chicken sammies for the win!

7. Karen @ Runner Girl Eats says

Love banana and toast! It’s my go to breakfast. I agree with you about the cupcakes too. All nights involving cupcakes are good nights :)

8. Stacey says

Given that you’re pregnant, it’s natural for you to be craving and eating different types of foods than you normally would … and it’s perfectly normal for you to be doing just that! Even so, I still think it would be interesting for you to explain how your eating habits have changed in the past year, or even since you started the blog. I’ve been reading your blog for a while now, and have gone back to read some of your old posts and have noticed how much your perspective on eating and healthy living in general has changed (for the better I might add!). FYI – absolutely love your blog and congrats on Baby Tooth!

OMG, I made buffalo chicken sandwiches on Monday, and WOW, they were so good. I actually have chicken & buffalo wing sauce in the crockpot for tonight’s dinner. Can’t wait to see what color those cupcakes are on the inside.

10. Nicole says

Random question out of curiousity….Is Jay into health/fitness like you are? Was it something he was into prior to meeting you? Does he workout regularly?

• Courtney says

Haha, that IS a random question! I wouldn’t say he’s as into it as I am, but he definitely lives a healthy lifestyle. He’s certainly not a gym rat, by any means though, and doesn’t usually get the enjoyment out of working out that I do, but he keeps active. Since we both met at 15/16, I’m pretty sure it wasn’t at the top of his priority list…nor was it on mine. lol ;)

I absolutely LOVE that cinnamon raisin bread! My mom still buys it occasionally because it’s her favorite. Can’t WAIT to see what’s inside those cupcakes. A certain blogger friend of mine who knows won’t let out a peep.

12. Cait says

mm that garlic knot looks tasty! one of the best foods (can you call it a food? lol) at my college’s cafe was their garlic knots. so goooood!

Thanks for fixing the auto fill in :) I’m so lazy :P Just so you know there’s a massive advertisement taking up like half your background- doesn’t bother me, but just being friendly :)

I eat my toast almost exactly the same as you, but I do half pb and half ab! Ha. Looks like some great eats :)
    Bek @ Crave recently posted..Go Big Or Go Home