WIAW: Spacing Things Out

by Courtney on March 6, 2013

I’m jumping back in on the WIAW bandwagon this week!

It’s no secret that these days, my appetite is pretty large. I’m usually eating just about all day long, but as I mentioned yesterday, I’ve been filling up a lot quicker than I’m used to. So yesterday, rather than sit down to big meals (not that I do that all the time anyways, but still…) I wound up spacing a lot of meals out throughout the day into smaller snacks, and it worked perfectly.

So here’s a look at what I ate…on Tuesday. Winking smile

Breakfast

Cinnamon raisin swirl bread with peanut butter & banana slices + coffee

I’ve been eyeballing the Pepperidge Farm whole wheat cinnamon raisin swirl bread at the grocery store for weeks now, and this past week I noticed that not only did I have a coupon, but they were also BOGO at Price Chopper.

The bread is SO good that it doesn’t even need to be toasted. I’ve had it the past two mornings (three, if we’re counting today) and it is just totally hittin’ the spot.

Mid-morning, I also snacked on the other half of my banana but that went un-photographed.

Lunch/Snacks – Parts 1, 2, 3, and 4

My day yesterday was pretty crazy, and lunch was eaten in quite a few different phases. Around 1:00, I grabbed a small cup (about three bites worth) of some potato salad that was leftover from a sales luncheon. It was probably the best potato salad I’ve had in years…no joke.

A little while later, I ate part one of lunch – a banana Chobani with strawberries, blueberries, Quaker Oatmeal Squares, and Multigrain Cheerios.

About an hour later, I snacked on some baby carrots and grape tomatoes with sundried tomato hummus.

Around 4:00pm, I needed something yet again, so I grabbed a Blueberry Bliss Luna bar from my desk drawer stash. I absolutely LOVE the blueberry flavor Luna bars – probably my favorite.

Pre-Dinner Snack

I couldn’t help it…

We didn’t eat dinner until a little after 7:00pm, so while we started getting things prepped, I wound up snacking on a garlic knot leftover from Monday night. Heated up, I swear it was even better this time around.

Dinner

About a half hour later, dinner was finally served. And ohhhhh baby, was it good!

I made a couple of simple side salads to accompany the main star of the evening…grilled buffalo chicken sandwiches.

I actually made this recipe back in May of 2011 (was totally shocked when I realized it was almost two years ago?!) after finding it in one of Jay’s issues of Men’s Health. The recipe wasn’t posted online when I originally made them, but it is now (here’s the recipe). We followed it exactly, but I also added some sliced avocado to my sandwich just to jazz it up a bit more. So spicy…soooo good.

Dessert

Jay and I each enjoyed a special cupcake shortly after dinner.

And if you ask me, any night that ends with cupcakes is a good night. Winking smile

1 Shel@PeachyPalate March 6, 2013 at 8:08 am

That sandwich at dinner looks epic! At least you’re getting in plenty of nutritious eats, you can’t beat banana and nut butter on toast!

2 Sarah @PickyRunner March 6, 2013 at 8:20 am

I like your dinner and your dessert and the garlic knots! I want to try making myself some of those! I think it’s about time for you to share the inside of that cupcake with us… ;)

3 Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl March 6, 2013 at 8:22 am

Yay for What I Ate Wednesday! :)

I LOVE that cinnamon swirl bread, and I love that they have a whole wheat variety, since I try to eat whole wheat bread as much as possible. It is super tasty :). And speaking of bread, that garlic knot looks amazing.

I am LOVING the looks and sound of that sandwich. I am thinking that I might even be able to try that with tofu, or maybe a Quorn “chicken” cutlet. Either way, I am sure that with the buffalo sauce and those toppings it would taste amazing!

Oh, and can’t you just let us take a little peak inside of those cupcakes?? ;)

4 Claire @ Flake And Cake March 6, 2013 at 8:35 am

I love the idea of spacing out food, that’s because I enjoy it way too much! The swirl bread sounds dleicious. So excited about the cupcakes!

5 Angela @ Health's Angel March 6, 2013 at 8:37 am

That’s exactly how I like to eat most days- lighter, spaced out meals! Being able to eat every few hours is the best part. That cinnamon swirl bread sounds great; I had no idea they have a whole wheat version now! May have to check that out. I love my CR Eziekel bread but I’m sure the Pepperidge Farm version is cheaper!

6 Paige @ Your Trainer Paige March 6, 2013 at 8:39 am

My day was crazy yesterday, too! Eating – and otherwise. Mmmm cinnamon raisin bread + butter used to be my absolute favorite snack.

7 Melissa @ Freeing Imperfections March 6, 2013 at 8:47 am

The blueberry Luna bar is also my favorite! I find that I have to hunt it down, though. Not all stores carry that flavor :(

The chicken sandwiches look AMAZING! Oh man!

8 Avery @ Southern Belle Living Well March 6, 2013 at 8:50 am

The cinnamon swirl bread is fabulous. We used to buy it, but for some reason we don’t anymore. (Totally changing that!)

I’m really excited to find out the color in your cupcakes :)

9 nycfitgirl March 6, 2013 at 8:51 am

Looks like you had a busy day of work! Some days are like that for me too and I always go to my emergency snack drawer!

10 Erin @ Axell's Kitchen March 6, 2013 at 8:56 am

Yum all of the things that you ate look delicious!!

11 Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries March 6, 2013 at 9:01 am

Oh wowww, those buffalo chicken sandwiches sound amaaaazing! I need to check out that recipe! Looks like a delicious day of eats!

12 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More March 6, 2013 at 9:02 am

Yum! I eat yogurt bowls for lunch almost EVERYday, but seriously, that stills looks so freaking delicious!!!

13 chelcie @ chelcie's food files March 6, 2013 at 9:03 am

I think i’ve made that same buffalo chicken sandwich recipe before..its so good! I also NEED to get my hands on the new banana chobani flavor..my local grocery store doesn’t have it:( hopefully soon it will!

14 Ashley @ Life and Fitness March 6, 2013 at 9:07 am

Garlic knots are so addicting!

15 Molly @ Just Your Average Athlete March 6, 2013 at 9:14 am

I keep seeing Quaker Oat Squares make an appearance on your posts lately and now I can’t stop craving them!!

16 Claire @ Keeping Up With Claire March 6, 2013 at 9:17 am

Those sandwiches…yum. I’m the same with spacing out food-my coworkers make fun of me for snacking my way through the day but I have to! Those cupcakes belong on Pinterest- they are seriously beautiful!

17 michelle kim March 6, 2013 at 9:21 am

OMG, that is the exact breakfast I eat almost every morning these days!
I’m totally in the market for a new cinnamon raisin bread because the one I have has high fructose corn syrup and other bad things (it’s the cheap generic one).

18 Natalie @ Free Range Human March 6, 2013 at 9:33 am

Everything looks delicious! I can’t believe I’ve never seen that flavor of Luna Bar. I thought I’d tried them all!

19 Linz @ Itz Linz March 6, 2013 at 9:36 am

I went with the pb + banana combo this morning, too! Though I had mine with oatmeal, not toast. Always a winning combination!

20 Ashlee March 6, 2013 at 9:39 am

I LOVE buffalo chicken! Well, I love buffalo sauce but since I dont do chicken I miss it! Maybe I could do this recipe with a Quorn cutlet or something? YUM!

21 Allison March 6, 2013 at 9:44 am

That bread is my absolute favorite! I wish it was on sale every single day.

22 Lauren March 6, 2013 at 9:44 am

I use to buy the Peppridge Farm breads all of the time. They make for excellent french toast.
And your dinner sounds ideal! Buffalo chicken sammies for the win!

23 Karen @ Runner Girl Eats March 6, 2013 at 9:45 am

Love banana and toast! It’s my go to breakfast. I agree with you about the cupcakes too. All nights involving cupcakes are good nights :)

24 Elizabeth @ My Neon Running Shoes March 6, 2013 at 9:46 am

I agree… any night that ends with a cupcake is a good one. Even better when it has a special filling :-)

25 Lauren @ Berry Sweet Lauren March 6, 2013 at 9:51 am

That buffalo sandwich looks amazing!! Even this early in the morning ;)

26 Emily @ Maple Miles March 6, 2013 at 10:13 am

The buffalo chicken sandwich looks sooo good, especially with the red onion! I am dying to know the inside of the cupcake. :)

27 Lindsay March 6, 2013 at 10:43 am

Those sandwiches look so good! Definitely trying them out.

28 alyssa @ life a la wife March 6, 2013 at 10:45 am

Was hoping we’d catch a glimpse of the color inside the cupcake ;)

29 Stacey March 6, 2013 at 10:52 am

Given that you’re pregnant, it’s natural for you to be craving and eating different types of foods than you normally would … and it’s perfectly normal for you to be doing just that! Even so, I still think it would be interesting for you to explain how your eating habits have changed in the past year, or even since you started the blog. I’ve been reading your blog for a while now, and have gone back to read some of your old posts and have noticed how much your perspective on eating and healthy living in general has changed (for the better I might add!). FYI – absolutely love your blog and congrats on Baby Tooth!

30 Suzanne @ Fit Minded Mom March 6, 2013 at 10:56 am

You have to stop with the “special” cupcakes!! Didn’t your mom ever tell you it is not nice to tease? Ha!! I want to know!!!!!

31 Ali @ WHOLEistically Fit March 6, 2013 at 11:10 am

I’m a sucker for potato salad. Those few bites look heavenly. Thanks for the link to Buffalo Chicken Burger recipe – I’ll be checking that out for sure. :)

32 Karen March 6, 2013 at 11:24 am

OMG, I made buffalo chicken sandwiches on Monday, and WOW, they were so good. I actually have chicken & buffalo wing sauce in the crockpot for tonight’s dinner. Can’t wait to see what color those cupcakes are on the inside.

33 Maureen @ Breaking Free & Finding Me March 6, 2013 at 11:26 am

i LOVE buffalo chicken! I’ll have to try that recipe :)
Maureen @ Breaking Free & Finding Me recently posted..Musical Wednesday

34 Nicole March 6, 2013 at 11:30 am

Random question out of curiousity….Is Jay into health/fitness like you are? Was it something he was into prior to meeting you? Does he workout regularly?

35 Courtney March 6, 2013 at 1:18 pm

Haha, that IS a random question! I wouldn’t say he’s as into it as I am, but he definitely lives a healthy lifestyle. He’s certainly not a gym rat, by any means though, and doesn’t usually get the enjoyment out of working out that I do, but he keeps active. Since we both met at 15/16, I’m pretty sure it wasn’t at the top of his priority list…nor was it on mine. lol ;)

36 Annette@FitnessPerks March 6, 2013 at 11:57 am

Mmmmm cinnamon swirl anything is the bomb diggity!
Annette@FitnessPerks recently posted..Ellie Review-February Line

37 Melissa March 6, 2013 at 12:19 pm

Your yogurt bowls also make me crave berries! And it looks pretty nutritious to me, life would be cruel if it didn’t involve a garlic knot every now and then!
Melissa recently posted..First Half Marathon Training Plan!

38 courtney @ star systemz March 6, 2013 at 12:45 pm

Cinnamon swirl bread..yum!! I will have to taste test one of these days :-). Happy you are still enjoying your cupcakes ;) have a great week! Love + Shine Courtstar

39 Nicole @ Fruit 'N' Fitness March 6, 2013 at 12:46 pm

That buffalo chicken sandwich sounds great! I wonder what color the inside of that cupcake is ;)
Nicole @ Fruit ‘N’ Fitness recently posted..WIAW # 8

40 Ellie@Fit for the Soul March 6, 2013 at 1:12 pm

Mmmm potato salad is one of the few really creamy foods that I loooooove! (besides froyo and ice cream of course) I’ve been kiiiinda craving it lately actually. I’m afraid I’m going to have to satisfy that craving now, and that sandwich looks so tall :D
Ellie@Fit for the Soul recently posted..Pregnancy Weight Gain: Fat or Muscle?

41 Sara @ fitcupcaker March 6, 2013 at 1:25 pm

if you ask me, ending with a cupcake def makes a perfect night! Blueberry Luna bars are my favorite flavor too!
Sara @ fitcupcaker recently posted..WIAW- A Day Behind

42 Jenny @ The Wellness Journey March 6, 2013 at 1:58 pm

I must try that toast! And now I want a cupcake! :-) I’m sure I speak for everyone when I say we’re all SUPER excited to find out if it’s a boy or girl!
Jenny @ The Wellness Journey recently posted..WIAW {All Hail to Kale! The Going Green Edition}

43 Allison @ Life's a Bowl March 6, 2013 at 2:08 pm

I love cinnamon raisin bread – it was a childhood classic so it’ll always hold a special spot… Have you ever tried the version from Great Harvest Bakery? Oh.my.goodness :D
Allison @ Life’s a Bowl recently posted..Honeymoon [Pt. 1]

44 Courtney March 6, 2013 at 8:39 pm

We don’t have a Great Harvest Bakery around here! Soooo sad :(

45 Katie @ Peace Love & Oats March 6, 2013 at 3:01 pm

I absolutely LOVE that cinnamon raisin bread! My mom still buys it occasionally because it’s her favorite. Can’t WAIT to see what’s inside those cupcakes. A certain blogger friend of mine who knows won’t let out a peep.

46 Erica @ Love the Leap March 6, 2013 at 3:26 pm

I am SUCH a snacker too!! I absolutely prefer eating smaller meals throughout the day– it’s an excuse to eat more ;)
Erica @ Love the Leap recently posted..Like Riding a Bike

47 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake March 6, 2013 at 3:46 pm

That burger looks awesome!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..Disney Princess Half Marathon Recap – Part 1

48 Cait March 6, 2013 at 3:59 pm

mm that garlic knot looks tasty! one of the best foods (can you call it a food? lol) at my college’s cafe was their garlic knots. so goooood!

49 Jan @ Sprouts n Squats March 6, 2013 at 5:04 pm

Yum your day of ears looked good. Especially the banana on cinnamon raisin and of course the cupcakes at the end.
Jan @ Sprouts n Squats recently posted..What I ate Wednesday #2

50 Molly March 6, 2013 at 5:09 pm

i absolutely love days that include a million snacks. i’ve gotten to the point where if i sit down and eat a full meal of food, i can barely walk, i’m so stuffed. conversely, if i go two hours without eating, i’m famished. yay! :)
Molly recently posted..how i plan to handle my workouts this month

51 Bek @ Crave March 6, 2013 at 11:43 pm

Thanks for fixing the auto fill in :) I’m so lazy :P Just so you know there’s a massive advertisement taking up like half your background- doesn’t bother me, but just being friendly :)

I eat my toast almost exactly the same as you, but I do half pb and half ab! Ha. Looks like some great eats :)
Bek @ Crave recently posted..Go Big Or Go Home

52 Lauren @ Fun, Fit and FAbulous March 7, 2013 at 12:15 am

Oh how i miss cinnamon swirl raisen bread. I used to eat that stuff all the time before I found out I was allergic to gluten. I usually eat lunch in multiple phases too. You got to do what you can!
Lauren @ Fun, Fit and FAbulous recently posted..We Made It To Austin!

53 Danielle @ Truffles n' Treadmills March 7, 2013 at 1:09 am

Those burgers sound delicious! As I was scrolling down and saw the cupcakes I thought that you were going to have another picture of the inside! I’m so eager to find out
Danielle @ Truffles n’ Treadmills recently posted..Easy DIY: Trash to Treasure (And A Winner)

54 Gina @ Health, Love, and Chocolate March 7, 2013 at 9:00 pm

I have also been loving the Chobani, fruit, and cereal combination. It is the perfect combination of delicious foods! The buffalo chicken sandwiches looks great, as do the “special” cupcakes (can’t wait to hear the outcome! ;-)).
Gina @ Health, Love, and Chocolate recently posted..The Sugar Debate

55 Elise March 10, 2013 at 12:26 pm

All of your eats look absolutely amazing! That looks like an amazing day of food choices. Yum!! :)
Elise recently posted..It’s 8:57 and I am STARVING! (But it’s not time to eat yet…)