Man, I’ve got to admit…I’m kinda surprised it’s already Thursday! I thought for sure that this week was going to drag for some reason, but I feel like things are moving along quite nicely. Gotta love that, right?!
So yesterday I didn’t really take a whole lot of time to snap photos or blog. I had a super busy day at work, so by the time I came home I really just wanted to veg out. Thankfully, I had managed to get up early yesterday morning for a workout, so I didn’t even have that hanging over my head (not that it really does these days, but you know what I mean).
I feel like I really don’t have anything major to chat about this morning, but I do have a bunch of little things floating around in my head, so I’m gonna go ahead and just share some random thoughts and stuff with ya today!
Cody has totally been my buddy lately.
I mean, he’s always my buddy, but I love how extra cuddly he’s been these days. Anytime I’m laying down on the couch, he almost always jumps up and winds up curling up right on my belly.
Call me crazy, but I think he’s already starting to bond with Baby Tooth.
Speaking of Baby Tooth, I’m trying super hard not to talk about him/her because I hate feeling like a tease and I’m super afraid I’m going to wind up slipping. Actually, I know that some of you think I may have slipped in my latest Baby Tooth post. Wanna know the real deal?
Every week, when I write out the “what Baby Tooth has been up to” section, I copy and paste directly from one of the gazillion emails that I receive each week. Every one seems to change whether they write that the baby is a “he” or a “her” so I always have to go back and edit them. Here’s the 20 week update that I used this week:
And yes, I forgot to make a swap on one of the sentences. Sooooo, for those of you who think I made a big “oops!”…it was just an honest missed edit. But feel free to read into it as much (or as little) as you’d like.
Okay, last mention of Baby Tooth…I couldn’t help myself. I just HAD to go out on my lunch hour yesterday and buy a cute little newborn (NB) outfit from Target.
It’s so stinkin’ adorable.
Okay, switching gears!
Yesterday’s lunch was freakin’ delicious. Spaghetti squash with marinara, grilled onions, grilled chicken, and Parmesan cheese.
It totally made my afternoon.
And things only got better when I got come and discovered a fantastic package waiting for me from Chobani.
Check out the new Chobani Flips (and that awesome spoon!). I’ve already heard from a few of you that the almond coco loco is killer…I’ll be trying that one ASAP!
Dinner wasn’t anything exciting last night, but I did take a little time to bake some dessert which will be enjoyed this evening, since we’re headed over to Joe & Kate’s for dinner and I’m bringing the sweet stuff.
My original plan was to make these Funfetti Cookies, but then I realized I didn’t have enough butter. After rummaging around the kitchen, I found a box of red velvet cake mix and immediately thought of Gracie’s red velvet cake batter brownies.
Can’t wait to dig into those tonight!
Other random thoughts…
- Just found out last night that we turn the clocks ahead this weekend…already?! Didn’t we just turn them back??
- I’ve been going back and forth for weeks on whether or not I want to cut my hair. I’m getting bored, but have a feeling I’ll regret cutting it. Ohh, such tough decisions.
- I feel like I hardly ever talk about fitness anymore. I mean, I guess it’s bound to happen when it is no longer front and center in your life? Maybe one of these days I’ll get motivated to start talking about it again.
- I brought up the idea of a “Baby Moon” to Jay a couple of weeks ago and I’m pretty sure that he thought I was making it up. Luckily, I was able to prove that I was not, in fact, making it up. Actually, I told him it’d be a great opportunity to knock another state off our our Adventure Map! We shall see.
- It’s supposed to snow here today – granted, it’s only 2-4 inches, but I’m done with the snow. Bring on spring!
Question for the Morning:
What random thoughts do you have on this Thursday??