Thoughts on a Thursday

Man, I’ve got to admit…I’m kinda surprised it’s already Thursday! I thought for sure that this week was going to drag for some reason, but I feel like things are moving along quite nicely. Gotta love that, right?!

So yesterday I didn’t really take a whole lot of time to snap photos or blog. I had a super busy day at work, so by the time I came home I really just wanted to veg out. Thankfully, I had managed to get up early yesterday morning for a workout, so I didn’t even have that hanging over my head (not that it really does these days, but you know what I mean).

I feel like I really don’t have anything major to chat about this morning, but I do have a bunch of little things floating around in my head, so I’m gonna go ahead and just share some random thoughts and stuff with ya today!

Cody has totally been my buddy lately.

I mean, he’s always my buddy, but I love how extra cuddly he’s been these days. Anytime I’m laying down on the couch, he almost always jumps up and winds up curling up right on my belly.

Call me crazy, but I think he’s already starting to bond with Baby Tooth.

Speaking of Baby Tooth, I’m trying super hard not to talk about him/her because I hate feeling like a tease and I’m super afraid I’m going to wind up slipping. Actually, I know that some of you think I may have slipped in my latest Baby Tooth post. Wanna know the real deal?

Every week, when I write out the “what Baby Tooth has been up to” section, I copy and paste directly from one of the gazillion emails that I receive each week. Every one seems to change whether they write that the baby is a “he” or a “her” so I always have to go back and edit them. Here’s the 20 week update that I used this week:

pregnancy

And yes, I forgot to make a swap on one of the sentences. Sooooo, for those of you who think I made a big “oops!”…it was just an honest missed edit. But feel free to read into it as much (or as little) as you’d like. Smile

Okay, last mention of Baby Tooth…I couldn’t help myself. I just HAD to go out on my lunch hour yesterday and buy a cute little newborn (NB) outfit from Target.

It’s so stinkin’ adorable.

Okay, switching gears!

Yesterday’s lunch was freakin’ delicious. Spaghetti squash with marinara, grilled onions, grilled chicken, and Parmesan cheese.

It totally made my afternoon.

And things only got better when I got come and discovered a fantastic package waiting for me from Chobani.

Check out the new Chobani Flips (and that awesome spoon!). I’ve already heard from a few of you that the almond coco loco is killer…I’ll be trying that one ASAP!

Dinner wasn’t anything exciting last night, but I did take a little time to bake some dessert which will be enjoyed this evening, since we’re headed over to Joe & Kate’s for dinner and I’m bringing the sweet stuff. Winking smile

My original plan was to make these Funfetti Cookies, but then I realized I didn’t have enough butter. After rummaging around the kitchen, I found a box of red velvet cake mix and immediately thought of Gracie’s red velvet cake batter brownies.

Can’t wait to dig into those tonight!

Other random thoughts…

• Just found out last night that we turn the clocks ahead this weekend…already?! Didn’t we just turn them back??
  • I’ve been going back and forth for weeks on whether or not I want to cut my hair. I’m getting bored, but have a feeling I’ll regret cutting it. Ohh, such tough decisions.
  • I feel like I hardly ever talk about fitness anymore. I mean, I guess it’s bound to happen when it is no longer front and center in your life? Maybe one of these days I’ll get motivated to start talking about it again.
  • I brought up the idea of a “Baby Moon” to Jay a couple of weeks ago and I’m pretty sure that he thought I was making it up. Luckily, I was able to prove that I was not, in fact, making it up. Actually, I told him it’d be a great opportunity to knock another state off our our Adventure Map! We shall see.
  • It’s supposed to snow here today – granted, it’s only 2-4 inches, but I’m done with the snow. Bring on spring!

Question for the Morning:

What random thoughts do you have on this Thursday??

Comments

Ah, such suspense! What is dear little baby tooth?! You know we’re dying to know, right?

One of my friends took a baby moon. I think it’s a good idea because it’s the last time you can take a trip just the two of you, sort of. And plus, a vaca not long before baby is a good treat before you enter into parenthood.

It’s snowing here today. I am SO done with it! Spring please :)
    Melissa @ Freeing Imperfections recently posted..Being You on Your Blog

I’m having the saaaaaame thoughts on the hair. I’m getting so bored with my hair and was contemplating a haircut on the drive to work this morning but I know if I change it I’ll be upset a day later. First world girl problems! :)

I cut my hair off all the time. That’s also because I prefer short hair on me. But last year I cut my hair boy short and it was to my chin by the end of the summer. Hair grows! Cut it for something different and if you regret it, don’t! Because it will grow back before you know it.
    Jacquelyn recently posted..It’s Not Easy Being Green

• Katie says

So true, Jacquelyn! I just cut mine boy short and am absolutely in love with it! And despite what some people might think, it’s very feminine!

This week has definitely gone by pretty quickly…and trust me, I am not complaining! I actually think that the entire year is flying by. I cannot believe that it is March already!

You just have to keep teasing us with the whole gender topic, don’t you? I want to see what is inside the bag. It HAS to be cute though if it is from Target! :)
    Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl recently posted..WIAW: March 6, 2013

5. Ashley says

I am having the same hair issues! I am so bored with mine and I know I would love a dramatic cut for about three hours and then sulk for months until it grows. :) I am curious about the new Chobani Flips, are they just new flavors? Red velvet and funfetti are my top favorites so you really can’t go wrong with either!

My parents went to the Bahamas when they were pregnant with me. However, the island was hosting a model search for the Miss Hawaiian Tropic the same week they were there, so my mom was surrounded by women in teeny bikinis. She told my dad that he could look but not touch! Ha ha.
    Ang @ Nutty for Life recently posted..What I Ate Wednesday #3

7. Kathryn says

If your do cut your hair, make sure you can still put it in a ponytail. I know you’re still 20 weeks out, but keep it in mind. I cut my hair at the beginning of my pregnancy, but it didn’t grow as fast as I thought it would, so I couldn’t really get my hair out of my face when I was in labor, not fun.

8. Breanna says

I don’t usually comment, but I do read your blog every day.
    Anyway – I had to comment because I’m 22 weeks pregnant and the first book I read when I got pregnant had a whole chapter about how you SHOULD NOT CUT YOUR HAIR when you are pregnant. I mean get a normal hair cut, but don’t go trying a new (especially shorter) style. So I had to share. I’ve had the urge too but everything I’ve read said with everything else changing so much – a new haircut might not be the best idea. Love your blog BTW…..

I love how you are hiding the type of newborn outfit that is….can’t wait to find out! :)

My random thought today is I am anxiously awaiting daylight savings time and some warmer weather! After the surprise snow storm we got in Pittsburgh yesterday, I am officially DONE with winter.
    Emily recently posted..My First Needly Nap

A baby moon is a great idea. It is nice to have a little a lone time, before the little one arrives. We are going away at the end of April.
    We are getting a little snow here too. I am starting to get tired of winter I am ready for spring. :)
    I have also read you are not supposed to cut your hair while pregnant. And I will tell you during all my pregnancies I always wanted to but never did and I am so glad I didn’t.
    Renee @ Fit For Motherhood recently posted..17 Weeks Pregnant

Don’t worry if you do cut your hair and regret it later on, while your pregnant and even after, your hair will grow SOO much! And then about 3 months after you have the baby it will fall out lol You will seriously think that you’re going bald, but I promise no one else will notice other than you!

Oh gosh, I hope it wasn’t my last comment making you feel like a tease, since I did call you one, lol!!! I was just trying to be funny because I REALLY want to know what you are having but it was all in fun. As a mommy of two, I love hearing about all the baby updates!!
    Suzanne @ Fit Minded Mom recently posted..WIAW #21

I can’t wait to hear what Baby tooth is! And showing us the Target bag? Uh, you’re killing us all, but we all respect your wishes :) I didn’t even notice the slip up yesterday. I’m so used to just referring to things as he.

Cody is just too cute. I have a cat who I love to snuggle up too, and she especially loves sitting right on my computer while I’m on it! Must be the texture? She also loves papers. Cats. Who even knows what they are thinking!

I think the Babymoon is an excellent idea! One last trip before you have another bundle of joy with you:) Knocking off another state seems like the perfect time to kill two birds with one stone!

My thouht for Thursday: When will winter end! We got pounded with heavy snow yesterday and can’t wait for it to be done.
    Heather @fitncookies recently posted..Thankful Thursday

• Britt says

I thought about that too! But I’m assuming that the different sizes have a different colors and maybe don’t neccesarily mean that pink=girl! I know Court would have thought of that?!?

We will see! :)

the almond coco loco cho is the stuff dreams are made of i tell ya, so so good! i thought this week was going to drag too since it’s not my flex day week however i agree, somehow it has flownnnn by?! love it.

15. Krystan says

My husband and I are totally taking a babymoon this month actually, before our baby comes in July. I think it’s a great idea (ours is sort of like your mexico trip, in that we are going for a friends wedding, but we are staying an extra few days for us).

I’m debating the same thing with my hair. I am definitely dying it and can’t decide if I want to chop it off or if I will regret having shorter hair as my belly (and everything!) starts to get bigger and bigger!

I can’t believe it’s already time to switch ahead the clocks too. I’m pretty excited about it though, one step closer to spring! Although I’m trying to stay realistic. After all, the month of March is definitelyyy still winter in New England.
    Meghan @ After the Ivy League recently posted..Thursday Thoughts

Oh wow, I need to make those RV brownies, stat! I agree with you on the turning back clocks. I really feel like the older I get the faster time moves, and this winter has been the fastest ever. I can’t wait for spring, but really we only have like a month left of the cold–when did that happen?! Usually I can’t wait for winter to end, as it seems to drag on forever in upstate NY, but it’s basically over. Woo!
    Cassie @RedLetterDaye recently posted..WIAW: Not so fast (food)

I’m sure someone has mentioned this, but be careful buying newborn stuff. My baby (9lbs) couldn’t wear any of it! :( His outfit home from the hospital was 0-3 months and he quickly transitioned to 3-6 months. He’s now in 12 month clothing at 8 months old. We have a ton of “wasted” baby clothes!

We took a few small babymoons! DO IT! :)
    Presley @ Run Pretty recently posted..Polk Audio: #LoveMusic Project {Giveaway}

So excited to find out if baby tooth is a boy or girl!!!

Babymoon is a great idea! Mike and I are going to chicago for ours, nothing crazy and expensive, which is not in budget anyways ( baby nursery and more is costing as you know ) so we are just doing a nice little getaway. Doesn’t matter where you go, just nice to have some alone time before baby comes!

I wish we could go to Maui I must say , haha! This bump needs some sun!

20. Nicole V. says

Okay, since I asked the random fitness about Jay yesterday, I’ll share some more randomness! :)
    * I want to quit my job! Long story…..
    * I have gotten four massages in the past two weeks (hello, spoiled Nicole!) and my hips and shoulders are STILL tighter than Scrooge McDuck’s wallet
    * I want to run 8-10 miles on Saturday as I train for my next marathon
    * I can’t wait to bake my brother’s birthday cake (he turns 34 next week!)

21. Brooke @ Running In Heels says

I’ve been wanting to try those Chobanis soooo badly!! Definitely excited to hear what you think of them!

That spaghetti squash is making me hungry!

And I am totally with you on that snow. I’m in Chicago and it snowed about 9 inches on Tuesday… umm it’s March and I thought spring should be on its way.. apparently not quite yet. :(

Awww, I love that Cody is already bonding with Baby Tooth. I feel like animals can definitely sense that there is something special going on… when my friend was pregnant, her dog (who is usually hyper) totally mellowed out when she went to go lay on her belly and started becoming more protective of her from strangers!

I was trying real hard to see what was inside that Target bag! Haha clearly I spend too much time (and $$) at Target since I know that the pink of the size doesn’t mean anything about what’s in it, it’s just the color for the newborn sizing (blue for large, etc) but I can see why it was making everyone guess! After one too many bad spur of the moment haircuts, my hairdresser refuses to give me short hair ever again!
    Chelsea @ Cardio and Cocktails recently posted..DIY Wedding Escort Card Boards

25. Jessica says

When I was pregnant I wanted to change my hair but my hairdresser refuses to cut a pregnant woman’s hair!!! She said she used to get requests to make a big change then the women would end up crying and hating it (silly hormones!!) and I am glad I didn’t change it!

My dog got extra clingy lovey when I was pregnant with my first too. I think they can tell somethings happening and want as much time as possible with you while you can give it undivided to them. :)

Oh my gosh, those Chobani flips sound incredible. Dang my lactose intolerance. I may have to cheat with one of those soon, though. :)
    I feel you on the hair thing. I’m SO bored with mine, but definitely not going to cut it. I cut about 9 inches off my hair a year and a half ago and almost instantly regretted it. I’ve been growing it back ever since! And it’s taking too long… haha.
    Angela @ Health’s Angel recently posted..Beachburgh

28. dee says

Is that BLUE I see peeking through the Target bag?! :)

I think you should cut your hair! I recently cut mine the shortest I’ve ever had my hair. I wasn’t sure if I would have regretted it, so just to cover my bases, I made sure to chop off a good 12 inches and donate it to Locks of Love! Now, if I ever think about how short my hair is, and how it will take YEARS to grow back (it’s right at my shoulders), I will remember why I cut it, and be grateful that it will grow back, and a little boy or girl out there is appreciating it more than I ever will :) so if you can spare at least 10 inches, I say go for the change! Having a baby is enough maintenance!

I love that cody is bonding with your belly! My mom said that when she was pregnant with me one of our cats was always wanting to be on/near her growing stomach. The cat acted as my ‘guard dog’ for years and would sit next to my crib when I was napping, follow me around when I learned to crawl and let me do pretty much anything to it. I hope Cody is preparing to be a good cat big brother!
    Nicole @ Fruit ‘N’ Fitness recently posted..Sideways Snow

30. Katie says

I just got my hair completely chopped off! It was just a little below my shoulders, and I cut it similar to Anne Hathaways (without really intending to, but loving it nonetheless!). :) Just remember, no matter how short your hair is, you are going to look gorgeous and if you don’t like it, it’ll grow! :)