Summing Up Sunday

You guys are all so great. Thanks so much for all of your congrats and well wishes on our little baby BOY on the way! We are obviously ecstatic, and were so excited to share the news with everyone.

For those of you who kept asking to see the middle of those cupcakes from last week, here ya go. Winking smile

But as fun as it was to reveal to our parents with the cupcakes, I think the balloons were probably my favorite. It was just so fun to watch!

Jay and I actually went out and bought some black balloons and a package of blue paper confetti. The paper strands were too large to stuff into the balloons, so we had to cut all of the paper strands into tiny confetti pieces before we could get them into the balloons. It did take a bit of time, but we both agreed that it was totally worth the extra effort.

Another highlight from Saturday evening was easily this little gift that we got from a few of the girls.

At first, I had no clue what was inside the containers, but I quickly discovered that they were all tiny onesies rolled up and stuffed with teeny tiny socks.

How stinkin’ adorable are they, right?!?

I have some pretty clever friends.

As for yesterday? Well, Jay and I pretty much laid low for a majority of the day. We cleaned up the house a bit, I did the grocery shopping, I cooked a batch of Crockpot Burgundy Beef Stew for later in the week,

Baked up a loaf of pumpkin banana bread,

And scanned the internet for what seemed like hours looking for baby bedding, and starting to really update our registries.

registry

Right now, we’ve started registering at Target and Babies R Us, although I’m starting to wonder if I should have gone with Amazon. They have some pretty great prices (like a BOB stroller for $319!) There were times yesterday where I felt like I was really on a roll and doing well, and then there were other times where I would get completely and utterly overwhelmed and had to walk away. I know I still have a ways to go, and I certainly didn’t expect to get it all done in one day. But my goodness, it takes some time!

Dinner was just some easy leftovers from Saturday, including some baked ziti, meatballs, and homemade garlic toast.

I’ll tell ya…you just can’t beat a good Italian meal. Smile

So how was everyone else’s weekend? Do anything fun or exciting?!?

Comments

1. Karen says

Congrats, I LOVE your gender party what cute ideas you had. I have nephews and can say boys are the BEST, you are going to have a blast with baby boy tooth! Congratulations again!!

2. Sherri says

Hey check out myregistry.com!

You can give family and friends one site and you can include requests from any website you want – amazon, BRU target, etsy, whatever you want!

3. Jessie says

Congratulations! Everybody who I know that is pregnant, myself included are having boys!!

When I first started my baby registries I went with target and buy buy baby but then realized that Amazon was the way to go. I canceled the target registry and went with Amazon. You can’t beat the prices and there is just sooo much available. I just bought my BOB stroller from there :-).

4. Becky says

I registered at Amazon & it was great. Add some items there, if you can. The “purchased already” list was kept very up-to-date so we didn’t receive any duplicates.

I’m going to try your Crockpot recipe! It looks great.
    And congrats on the boy! Boys are awesome sauce :)

5. Nicole @FruitNFitness says

Those baby socks are soo cute, I love how they were part of cupcakes! Your dinner looks awesome, I have been craving garlic bread recently. I ran my first race this weekend so it was an exciting weekend for me!

Oh my gosh Courtney! I just checked out your weekend post and I just wanted to say congratulations on your baby boy! I loved the balloon video, your friends’ faces were priceless! What an awesome memory you and Jay will always remember! :)

Baby clothes KILL me! They’re so tiny and adorable!

As for registering, I feel you. I went through the same thing… Going back and forth between feeling totally overwhelmed and extremely excited. Just do your research and have fun with it. Everyone has different opinions so you just have to do what you think is best. You still have plenty of time!
    Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries recently posted..Marvelous in My Monday

8. Ruthie Hart says

I love the balloon idea! We did scratch off cards… so fun. And what a great gift to bring onesies all packed up like cupcakes… that is TOTALLY YOU!!

I found that lots of baby bedding from Target and Babies R Us for boys was just a little cheesy so we are getting ours made… Fabric.com and Fabricworm have great fabrics!

9. Haley says

I’m so happy for you and Jay! Congratulations! I really don’t know a whole lot about this, but I am sure that there is no need to stress about preparing for the baby because you have so many people that are there to support you and everything will come into place how it should! Just do your best and God will do the rest! Have a great week!

10. Fizz @fizzsbizz says

A baby boy!!!! How exciting!! Ohhhh the cute stuff you’ll be able to get. I had a fab weekend in tahoe skiing with my family and now reality is hitting me in the face, hard! Why must she always do that?! (I think reality is a girl!)

haha those socks are rolled up sooo cute! Your friends ARE creative, for sure. And I was thinking of registering at Target too, but I felt like I could get everything I needed at Babies R Us and keep everything simple, because I agree that baby stuff can be quite overwhelming–sometimes I don’t know what is what, lol.
    Ellie@Fit for the Soul recently posted..Completely Baked

12. Barbara says

I recently went to a shower where the couple had registered with Amazon and it was really a hit. It worked out really well for them, in particular with the ‘big’ stuff like stroller, high chair, car seat, etc.

13. Marciblum says

Unrelated, but i LOVE the new BabyTooth banner! Did that just get put up? It is too cute, congrats on the baby BOY.

• Courtney says

Thank you!! :) Yes, it just went up today…I’ll be writing a post about it either later today or tomorrow.

14. Leslie says

A word of advice – Amazon has EVERYTHING. Truly, everything. If you want to make a main Amazon registry (which is what we did) and then price compare to all the other stores, that is the best route. But I will say, many people are a little hesitant to buy gifts online. I found that my Target registry was a HUGE hit with just about everyone, just make sure the options are available “in store.”

Congrats again on your baby boy! I know it can be overwhelming, just take a deep breath and realize you only have 9 months to enjoy it. I’m in week 35 and now that it’s almost over, I can’t believe how fast it actually has gone!

• Courtney says

Thanks Leslie! That’s my worry too – I know I have a lot of family that would probably prefer to purchase in-store, which is why I definitely still want to keep the others. But Amazon seriously does have some amazing stuff and prices, so I may just have to use that for some! :)

We registered at Amazon and at BRU and I could have done just amazon. I think that their selection of EVERYTHING we registered for was far better and much cheaper, but I wanted to give people the option of going to store if that’s their preference. I would think that 60% of my registry is at Amazon though. They were so incredibly easy to use too. Just a thought…

I LOVE the idea of announcing the baby sex inside a cupcake! Everyone knowing at once. I’m not sure I would want to know my own baby’s sex before the birth, but if I did I would definitely steal this idea!
    Mary recently posted..Tuesday Tiredness

Love the cupcake clothes idea! So clever and so thoughtful. Something about Italian food is so comforting. Relax and breathe seems like you are ahead of the game as it is. Have a great week :-). Love + Shine Courtstar
    Courtney @ Star Systemz recently posted..A Sweet Treat

totally adorable gift idea with the onesies/sock cupcakes!!! how cute and clever! congrats on the boy…i have two and they are the love of my life!!!

i know all the trying to get prepared/wondering if you’ve covered all the bases can get a little overwhelming but try not to stress. you will be a good mom and that’s really all that matters in the end!!!
    colleen @ thegiftofmondays recently posted..struggling with food: bad habits are hard to break

Trackbacks