Summing Up Sunday

by Courtney on March 11, 2013

You guys are all so great. Thanks so much for all of your congrats and well wishes on our little baby BOY on the way! We are obviously ecstatic, and were so excited to share the news with everyone.

For those of you who kept asking to see the middle of those cupcakes from last week, here ya go. Winking smile

But as fun as it was to reveal to our parents with the cupcakes, I think the balloons were probably my favorite. It was just so fun to watch!

Jay and I actually went out and bought some black balloons and a package of blue paper confetti. The paper strands were too large to stuff into the balloons, so we had to cut all of the paper strands into tiny confetti pieces before we could get them into the balloons. It did take a bit of time, but we both agreed that it was totally worth the extra effort.

Another highlight from Saturday evening was easily this little gift that we got from a few of the girls.

At first, I had no clue what was inside the containers, but I quickly discovered that they were all tiny onesies rolled up and stuffed with teeny tiny socks.

How stinkin’ adorable are they, right?!?

I have some pretty clever friends.

As for yesterday? Well, Jay and I pretty much laid low for a majority of the day. We cleaned up the house a bit, I did the grocery shopping, I cooked a batch of Crockpot Burgundy Beef Stew for later in the week,

Baked up a loaf of pumpkin banana bread,

And scanned the internet for what seemed like hours looking for baby bedding, and starting to really update our registries.

registry

Right now, we’ve started registering at Target and Babies R Us, although I’m starting to wonder if I should have gone with Amazon. They have some pretty great prices (like a BOB stroller for $319!) There were times yesterday where I felt like I was really on a roll and doing well, and then there were other times where I would get completely and utterly overwhelmed and had to walk away. I know I still have a ways to go, and I certainly didn’t expect to get it all done in one day. But my goodness, it takes some time!

Dinner was just some easy leftovers from Saturday, including some baked ziti, meatballs, and homemade garlic toast.

I’ll tell ya…you just can’t beat a good Italian meal. Smile

So how was everyone else’s weekend? Do anything fun or exciting?!?

1 Sarah @PickyRunner March 11, 2013 at 8:39 am

Your dinner looks so, so good! Doesn’t get any better than baked ziti and garlic toast. As for the gifts, your friends are too cute. They clearly know you and your love for sweets well ;)
Sarah @PickyRunner recently posted..Family makes the world go round

2 Annie March 11, 2013 at 8:40 am

haha I thought the clothes rolled up were cupcakes!

3 Shel@PeachyPalate March 11, 2013 at 8:41 am

That present is an adorable idea! I totally thought they were more cupcakes!!! Congrats again missy!
Shel@PeachyPalate recently posted..The B to W of a Good Breakfast

4 Lindsay @ Lindsay's List March 11, 2013 at 8:42 am

oh my word! CONGRATS!!! Boys are so much fun! Even tempered and easy to dress! :)
Lindsay @ Lindsay’s List recently posted..back to basics – 5 exercises every woman should be doing

5 Karen March 11, 2013 at 8:42 am

Congrats, I LOVE your gender party what cute ideas you had. I have nephews and can say boys are the BEST, you are going to have a blast with baby boy tooth! Congratulations again!!

6 Claire @ Flake and Cake March 11, 2013 at 8:50 am

That cupcakes looks so good Courtney – now I really want cake!! Love the balloon idea too, so clever. Your friends are adorable with their gifts, Baby Tooth is going to be very stylish!
Claire @ Flake and Cake recently posted..New Tries and Buys

7 kim@hungryhealthygirl March 11, 2013 at 8:50 am

So excited for you to welcome a little boy into your lives!! What a fun reveal idea with the balloons!
kim@hungryhealthygirl recently posted..A Marvelous Spring Break Monday!

8 Sherri March 11, 2013 at 8:50 am

Hey check out myregistry.com!

You can give family and friends one site and you can include requests from any website you want – amazon, BRU target, etsy, whatever you want!

9 Jessie March 11, 2013 at 8:50 am

Congratulations! Everybody who I know that is pregnant, myself included are having boys!!

When I first started my baby registries I went with target and buy buy baby but then realized that Amazon was the way to go. I canceled the target registry and went with Amazon. You can’t beat the prices and there is just sooo much available. I just bought my BOB stroller from there :-).

10 Becky March 11, 2013 at 8:51 am

I registered at Amazon & it was great. Add some items there, if you can. The “purchased already” list was kept very up-to-date so we didn’t receive any duplicates.

I’m going to try your Crockpot recipe! It looks great.
And congrats on the boy! Boys are awesome sauce :)

11 Ashley @ Life and Fitness March 11, 2013 at 8:51 am

Those onesies are SO cute! Tiny baby socks are just too adorable. At first I thought your friends brought over more cupcakes!
Ashley @ Life and Fitness recently posted..Sunshine Saturday

12 Danica @ It's Progression March 11, 2013 at 9:01 am

That cupcake/clothing gift is super cute–I’ve never seen something like that before!
Danica @ It’s Progression recently posted..from the weekend

13 Nicole @FruitNFitness March 11, 2013 at 9:08 am

Those baby socks are soo cute, I love how they were part of cupcakes! Your dinner looks awesome, I have been craving garlic bread recently. I ran my first race this weekend so it was an exciting weekend for me!

14 Erin @ Axell's Kitchen March 11, 2013 at 9:09 am

The cupcake onesies are so cute! And that ziti looks fabulous!

15 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles March 11, 2013 at 9:10 am

The rolled up baby clothes is soo cute! Such a good idea.
I headed home this weekend, which was pretty wonderful!

16 Jana @ Happy Wife Healthy Life March 11, 2013 at 9:14 am

Oh my gosh Courtney! I just checked out your weekend post and I just wanted to say congratulations on your baby boy! I loved the balloon video, your friends’ faces were priceless! What an awesome memory you and Jay will always remember! :)

17 Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl March 11, 2013 at 9:15 am

Aww, what a cute and clever baby gift! It sounds like you have a great group of friends!

That pumpkin banana bread sounds heavenly! I have been on a bread kick lately. I think that I need to bake a loaf instead of buying it!
Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl recently posted..BBQ Pulled Tofu Sandwich with Spicy Sriracha Coleslaw

18 chelcie @ chelcie's food files March 11, 2013 at 9:23 am

mmm that inside of that cupcake looks so good :) I was wondering what was inside the balloon because I couldn’t tell from the video..what a cool idea!
chelcie @ chelcie’s food files recently posted..Weekend Things

19 Amanda Perry @ Sistas of Strength March 11, 2013 at 9:24 am

I’m so excited for you that you’re having a little boy. Boys are awesome… I love being a boy mom!!
Amanda Perry @ Sistas of Strength recently posted..More Ways to Achieve Your Fitness and Weight Loss Goals

20 Natalie @ Free Range Human March 11, 2013 at 9:28 am

Love that present! Such a clever idea! I’m so happy and excited for you guys. You are going to have so much fun with a baby boy!
Natalie @ Free Range Human recently posted..Your Mountain Is Waiting!

21 Emily March 11, 2013 at 9:32 am

Congrats! How exciting :) The balloons were a great idea….I always thought I wouldn’t want to know the gender, but all these gender reveal parties seem like so much fun too!
Emily recently posted..What I Learned from 20 Class of Pure Barre

22 Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries March 11, 2013 at 9:38 am

Baby clothes KILL me! They’re so tiny and adorable!

As for registering, I feel you. I went through the same thing… Going back and forth between feeling totally overwhelmed and extremely excited. Just do your research and have fun with it. Everyone has different opinions so you just have to do what you think is best. You still have plenty of time!
Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries recently posted..Marvelous in My Monday

23 Sarah @ Maing Thyme for Health March 11, 2013 at 9:40 am

I loved the balloon idea, so much fun! Congrats on your baby boy. Can’t wait to see what a cutie he is!
Sarah @ Maing Thyme for Health recently posted..Pistachio Cake with Greek Yogurt & Coconut Icing

24 Lauren March 11, 2013 at 9:51 am

I love all the little things you did to reveal the sex of the baby :-) So thoughtful! At first I thought those onesies were cupcakes haha! Oops!
Lauren recently posted..Survey Sunday

25 Meghan @ After the Ivy League March 11, 2013 at 9:53 am

CONGRATS on the baby boy!! And baked ziti is one of my favorites, so good!
Meghan @ After the Ivy League recently posted..St. Patty’s 5k Race Recap

26 Kristen @ notsodomesticated March 11, 2013 at 10:01 am

So fun!!! :) My weekend was filled with baby-related things. We toured the hospital where I’ll be delivering, and I bought a lot of the little things we still needed for the baby. I can’t believe I only have 4 more weeks. Crazy! Enjoy every moment … it flies by!
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..36 Weeks: The Final Stretch

27 Elizabeth @ My Neon Running Shoes March 11, 2013 at 10:04 am

Those cupcakes are really cute! What creative friends! It can get overwhelming looking at all the baby stuff out there… just remember he won’t come out demanding you have it all together (in fact a few months later some stuff will still be untouched) so take a deep breath… you will be a GREAT mom!!!
Elizabeth @ My Neon Running Shoes recently posted..Banana pancakes and bedtime stories

28 Lindsay March 11, 2013 at 10:06 am

Baby clothes are the cutest! Very excited for you guys.

29 Maureen @ Breaking Free & Finding Me March 11, 2013 at 10:07 am

those gifts are so adorable! I did some retail therapy and went to a st. patrick’s day parade this weekend. not a bad one if I do say so myself ;)
Maureen @ Breaking Free & Finding Me recently posted..Sunday Exercise Goals & A New Weekly Challenge

30 Sara @ fitcupcaker March 11, 2013 at 10:09 am

a boy, congrats! I love cupcakes, what a cute way to show it :) The pumpkin banana bread looks awesome!
Sara @ fitcupcaker recently posted..Weekend Recap & Crossfit Open Wod 13.1

31 Linz @ Itz Linz March 11, 2013 at 10:13 am

so fun! i went to bikram yoga this weekend which was much needed for the relaxation part as well as the stretching!
Linz @ Itz Linz recently posted..Romance Ninja

32 Jenny March 11, 2013 at 10:17 am

Congrats on baby BOY!!

I swear by having a wipe warmer. I tell all my new mommy friends they NEED one.

Make sure you put it on your registry! :-)
Jenny recently posted..Motivation Monday

33 Ashlee@HisnHers March 11, 2013 at 10:21 am

That pasta looks delicious!
Ashlee@HisnHers recently posted..Stockyards

34 Ruthie Hart March 11, 2013 at 10:50 am

I love the balloon idea! We did scratch off cards… so fun. And what a great gift to bring onesies all packed up like cupcakes… that is TOTALLY YOU!!

I found that lots of baby bedding from Target and Babies R Us for boys was just a little cheesy so we are getting ours made… Fabric.com and Fabricworm have great fabrics!

35 alyssa - life a la wife March 11, 2013 at 11:15 am

Congratulations on the baby boy!! Registering should be the fun part – Take your time!
alyssa – life a la wife recently posted..Shabby Chic Bridal Shower

36 Avery @ Southern Belle Living Well March 11, 2013 at 11:24 am

Clever idea from your friends! Congrats again!
Avery @ Southern Belle Living Well recently posted..You Know Mom Went Shopping When…#3

37 Haley March 11, 2013 at 11:42 am

I’m so happy for you and Jay! Congratulations! I really don’t know a whole lot about this, but I am sure that there is no need to stress about preparing for the baby because you have so many people that are there to support you and everything will come into place how it should! Just do your best and God will do the rest! Have a great week!

38 Alysia @ Slim Sanity March 11, 2013 at 12:49 pm

I love the cake/cupcake idea for the baby gender reveal. So cute! And congrats again :)
Alysia @ Slim Sanity recently posted..MIMM #20: weekend in the wilderness

39 Stellina @ My Yogurt Addiction March 11, 2013 at 12:51 pm

Congrats Courtney!! So adorable and I love the balloon idea! :)
Stellina @ My Yogurt Addiction recently posted..What a Pleasant Surprise

40 Kerry @ Totes My Oats March 11, 2013 at 1:11 pm

I love the way your presented the gender to everyone! So fun and exciting!

41 Fizz @fizzsbizz March 11, 2013 at 1:27 pm

A baby boy!!!! How exciting!! Ohhhh the cute stuff you’ll be able to get. I had a fab weekend in tahoe skiing with my family and now reality is hitting me in the face, hard! Why must she always do that?! (I think reality is a girl!)

42 Annette@FitnessPerks March 11, 2013 at 1:39 pm

Cute gift idea!!!

I don’t have kids, but I love amazon for pretty much everything :)
Annette@FitnessPerks recently posted..Weekend Highlights

43 Katie@LifesNextBigStep March 11, 2013 at 1:39 pm

Congratulations on the boy!!!! So terribly exciting, and it looked like an amazing reveal!! Super excited to read about the rest of your journey!!

44 Ellie@Fit for the Soul March 11, 2013 at 1:47 pm

haha those socks are rolled up sooo cute! Your friends ARE creative, for sure. And I was thinking of registering at Target too, but I felt like I could get everything I needed at Babies R Us and keep everything simple, because I agree that baby stuff can be quite overwhelming–sometimes I don’t know what is what, lol.
Ellie@Fit for the Soul recently posted..Completely Baked

45 Barbara March 11, 2013 at 2:13 pm

I recently went to a shower where the couple had registered with Amazon and it was really a hit. It worked out really well for them, in particular with the ‘big’ stuff like stroller, high chair, car seat, etc.

46 Claire @ Keeping Up With Claire March 11, 2013 at 2:20 pm

Congrats to you and Jay!!! You two are going to have the cutest little guy!! Could that baby gift have been more perfect for you?! Your friends are awesome.

47 Marciblum March 11, 2013 at 3:29 pm

Unrelated, but i LOVE the new BabyTooth banner! Did that just get put up? It is too cute, congrats on the baby BOY.

48 Courtney March 11, 2013 at 4:13 pm

Thank you!! :) Yes, it just went up today…I’ll be writing a post about it either later today or tomorrow.

49 Leslie March 11, 2013 at 3:52 pm

A word of advice – Amazon has EVERYTHING. Truly, everything. If you want to make a main Amazon registry (which is what we did) and then price compare to all the other stores, that is the best route. But I will say, many people are a little hesitant to buy gifts online. I found that my Target registry was a HUGE hit with just about everyone, just make sure the options are available “in store.”

Congrats again on your baby boy! I know it can be overwhelming, just take a deep breath and realize you only have 9 months to enjoy it. I’m in week 35 and now that it’s almost over, I can’t believe how fast it actually has gone!

50 Courtney March 11, 2013 at 4:12 pm

Thanks Leslie! That’s my worry too – I know I have a lot of family that would probably prefer to purchase in-store, which is why I definitely still want to keep the others. But Amazon seriously does have some amazing stuff and prices, so I may just have to use that for some! :)

51 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake March 11, 2013 at 3:58 pm

The little onesie “cupcakes” are too cute!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..Meal Plan: 3/11 – 3/15 (+ a Giveaway Winner!)

52 Lauren @ Fun, Fit and Fabulous! March 11, 2013 at 4:52 pm

Oh my goodness I am so so so so so excited for you guys! :) The party looks like a complete blast! We had a nice relaxing weekend ful of baseball, dinner and brunch with friends, and a family hike around the lake!
Lauren @ Fun, Fit and Fabulous! recently posted..Almond Chia Power Balls and a Delicious Vega Surprise

53 Kim @ Cooking in the City March 11, 2013 at 5:02 pm

I just found your blog and I’m so excited… I’m a former Upstate NY girl myself (Rochester). Your balloon gender reveal is so cute! Congrats on the baby boy!
Kim @ Cooking in the City recently posted..Springing Forward

54 Miranda @ Miranda Runs March 11, 2013 at 5:54 pm

Registering for things is always the best! So much fun picking out little baby accessories. Onesies are my favorite thing in the world :)
Miranda @ Miranda Runs recently posted..Healthy Banana Bread Muffins

55 Andrea @Pencils and Pancakes March 11, 2013 at 8:30 pm

I love how you guys are so creative about revealing the gender…normally people just put it on Faceobok….LOL
Andrea @Pencils and Pancakes recently posted..Stargirl and Lit Circle Projects

56 Chelsie March 11, 2013 at 9:23 pm

I have always loved the cupcake/onesie idea! It’s a simple spin on the diaper cake!
Chelsie recently posted..Could it be Spring?

57 Allison @ Life's a Bowl March 11, 2013 at 9:59 pm

Congrats on your boy baby bundle of joy! Your reveal party looks like it was super cute :D I’ve seen onesie cakes on Pinterest – so clever!
Allison @ Life’s a Bowl recently posted..Marvelously Disconnected

58 Colleen March 12, 2013 at 12:59 am

We registered at Amazon and at BRU and I could have done just amazon. I think that their selection of EVERYTHING we registered for was far better and much cheaper, but I wanted to give people the option of going to store if that’s their preference. I would think that 60% of my registry is at Amazon though. They were so incredibly easy to use too. Just a thought…

59 Mary March 12, 2013 at 2:28 am

I LOVE the idea of announcing the baby sex inside a cupcake! Everyone knowing at once. I’m not sure I would want to know my own baby’s sex before the birth, but if I did I would definitely steal this idea!
Mary recently posted..Tuesday Tiredness

60 Courtney @ Star Systemz March 12, 2013 at 4:03 am

Love the cupcake clothes idea! So clever and so thoughtful. Something about Italian food is so comforting. Relax and breathe seems like you are ahead of the game as it is. Have a great week :-). Love + Shine Courtstar
Courtney @ Star Systemz recently posted..A Sweet Treat

61 colleen @ thegiftofmondays March 12, 2013 at 7:21 am

totally adorable gift idea with the onesies/sock cupcakes!!! how cute and clever! congrats on the boy…i have two and they are the love of my life!!!

i know all the trying to get prepared/wondering if you’ve covered all the bases can get a little overwhelming but try not to stress. you will be a good mom and that’s really all that matters in the end!!!
colleen @ thegiftofmondays recently posted..struggling with food: bad habits are hard to break

62 Jentry Nielsen March 12, 2013 at 1:09 pm

I just loved the whole idea! How fun for everyone involved to find out that way!!!! And those little cupcake outfits are so adorable! what creative friends you have ;)
Jentry Nielsen recently posted..All About Interval Training