WIAW: Just Like a Cheeseburger

Wednesday already?!? Alriiiiiiiiight! Time for another week of WIAW…but really for me, it’s always WIATuesday.

While I didn’t do super awesome in the green department, I’m pretty sure I still did better than last week, so I’ll take it. Besides…everything that went into my belly yesterday was deeeeeeelish…green or not. Winking smile

I should also make note that all of my meals/snacks up until dinner were actually prepared during commercial breaks while watching The Bachelor on Monday night. Knowing that it was going to be a late night, I figured I should get a head start on my meals for the next day. Turns out, my plan worked perfectly.

Breakfast

A simple batch of overnight OIAJ with lots of blueberries and topped with a little granola.

Mid-Morning Snack

A slice of pumpkin banana bread, which I’ve decided actually didn’t turn out as good as usual. For whatever reason, the texture just seems to be off this time. I’m assuming it has something to do with my swaps in flour.

Lunch

Apparently while I was making my meals on Monday night I was craving breakfast food, eh? Winking smile Lunch was an amazing omelet made with two eggs and filled with lots of fresh spinach, some diced chicken, diced tomatoes, and provolone cheese. It was incredible.

Mid-Afternoon Snack

A couple of hours later I snacked on a strawberry sunrise Chobani flip. It was good, but wasn’t my favorite. I definitely liked the key lime flavor better.

Drive-Home Snack

I hit a little bit of traffic on my way home and started getting hungry, so I ate the veggies and hummus I had brought with me while I was stuck and waiting. I’ll tell ya…I was super thankful to have those in my bag!

By the time I got home, Jay was already hard at work on making last night’s dinner. He’s such a keeper. Once I got changed, I headed out to the kitchen to join him and as the two of us were cooking and chatting, we happened to notice a lovely little sight outside our window…

Robins!! It’s so strange because when my grandparents lived here, my grandma always used to tell my mom how she’d see robins all the time, yet we never saw them at our house. Apparently, the robins are still hanging out in this old yard, which is a-okay by me.

I’ll take extra signs of spring ANY day!

Dinner

So last week, I came across a recipe from Skinnytaste for a Cheeseburger Casserole. Since red meat is totally my thing these days (along with cheeseburgers), I decided to add it to the dinner rotation this week.

Okay, seriously? When she says it tastes like a cheeseburger…it really DOES taste like a cheeseburger. No joke! We followed the recipe exactly, only using veggie pasta in place of regular (it’s the only kind of rotini we had on hand).

Both Jay and I loooooooved this dish, not only because it was super easy to make but also because it tastes amazing. And we have lots of leftovers. Score!

I served up my portion with some sugar snap peas and called it a meal. And a good one, at that!

I mean, really…it has pickles on top. How could it not be good? Smile

Dessert

Soooo, I totally forgot that I had ordered a couple of boxes of Girl Scout cookies from a woman at work a few weeks ago. Welllll, they arrived yesterday…

Two of my favorites – samoas and trefoils. Mmm mmm mmmmmm. Needless to say, they were broken into after dinner last night. Ohhh yes…it’s a good thing Girl Scout season only comes around once a year. I cannot be trusted around those darn samoas!

Questions for the Morning:

• Have you had any Girl Scout cookies yet this year? What are your favorites?
  • What are some of your favorite signs of spring?

Comments

Nice job with the meal prep while watching the Bachelor. Now THAT is a good use of time. I should totally follow suit!

That omelet looks really delicious even though it is reheated. How do eggs taste reheated?

Lastly, thanks so much for sharing the link to the Cheeseburger Casserole. That is definitely getting bookmarked and I am going to attempt a vegetarian version. I am excited. You are right….anything including pickles sounds pretty darn amazing :).
    Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl recently posted..“Meatloaf” Veggie Burgers

I think you were super restrained with the cookies Courtney, I wolud have struggled to stop myself from eating the whole pack. Nothing wrong with breakfast items at lunch at all, its my favourite meal of the day so why not have it twice?!

3. Karen @ Runner Girl Eats says

I can devour a box of tagalongs in one sitting. So good. I get really excited when I start to see the cheery blossoms bloom (they started a few weeks ago here!) This weekend we will be in the mid 70s so I think spring has sprung in North Florida :)

Oh yes, I will most definitely be making that casserole. But as much as love me a good pickle, I may have to leave them out of the recipe. A little weirded out by them in a cooked dish…
    Alsooooo, I think it’s so funny you’re craving cheeseburgers during your pregnancy. My first trimester all I wanted to eat was red meat, and everyone was fully convinced I was having a boy (I had a girl). Supposedly there’s some correlation between red meat and boys. I don’t know what it is, but I just think your body craves the iron from red meat during pregnancy.
    Lauren recently posted..Mom Brain

5. Karen @ Runner Girl Eats says

6. Sarah says

That’s so funny, we made that exact cheeseburger casserole on Monday night- SO good.
    I was like OH MY WORD, this tastes like a cheeseburger, and the pickles really sealed the deal, yo. I’m so making that again.

Love samoas and trefoils as well!
    And I craved ground beef while pregnant too, I hardly even ate it before! I actually talked to one of my nurses about it and she said that a lot of the times its your body’s way of telling you it wants iron. Sure enough my iron levels were low my whole pregnancy! OR maybe you just want ground beef haha!

8. Colleen says

this post made me laugh because you sound just like me! since being pregnant i always have to have snacks on me and i’m constantly pulling random foods out of my purse at random times (ie, when sitting in traffic) i’m also obsessed with red meat these days!

We actually didn’t order any Girl Scout cookies this year, but I may have to get a box or two from the little girls that sell in front of the grocery! :)

I have to try that cheeseburger pasta recipe! It looks incredible and I know my husband would absolutely love it!

I wouldn’t say you did half bad at all in the veggie department yesterday! Everything looks delicious! Oh Girl Scout cookies… Those things get me every time. I just bought a box of Samoas the other day as I was leaving the grocery store. I’m sure that’ll happen a few more times in the near future. Samoas and Tagalongs are my favorites, but I don’t think there’s one I don’t like!
    Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries recently posted..WIAW #76: A Whole Lotta Yum!

I seriously cannot WAIT for spring. I’ve already been noticing the days getting slightly longer and warmer, and the other day I even heard the birds chirping and I was seriously over the moon. As soon as I see the first buds popping out on the trees and get a little bit of rain, I’m going to break out the ridiculously happy dance :mrgreen:
    Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted... guest post – overcoming exercise addiction .

12. Nicole @ FruitNFitness says

I love when I start to hear the birds chirping in the mornings :) I always keep granola bars and trail mix in my purse/car for when snack cravings hit.

I successfully avoided girl scout cookies this year! I have no self control, so I just didn’t even buy them this year.

I LOVE when Robins start coming back, or when I can hear them chirping before I even get out of bed. This weekends weather was such a tease, I am so ready for spring!
    Emily @ The Good Era recently posted..Thoughts and Questions

I love girl scout cookies and my box of Samoas arrived about two weeks and I have had to control myself…ha-ha. I can’t wait for spring and being able to go on walks outside. I love hearing the birds in the morning & having some breakfast on our patio.
    Karen recently posted..What I Ate Wednesday

I saw this last Thursday on the Skinny Taste website and made it that night. It was delicious! I cannot believe you made it too – I saw the picture and thought – wow that looks like what I made last week. lol – I cut it in half and made it in a 9×9 pan. The pickles were a great addition and I served with lettuce because we had some that needed to be eaten.

I love the Somoas – I have always loved them – I am getting my boxes tonight. I order those, thin mints, and the peanut butter ones for the hubby.
    Ashlee @ A Step in the Right Direction recently posted..I think we may have a problem…

A few weeks ago I was walking in the grocery store with my kids and some girl scouts were selling cookies in front of the store. I let each kid pick a box of cookies, which made me a really cool mom since I never let them buy cookies from the store (we usually make our own cookies at home). My favorite is still thin mints.
    Definitely ready for spring this year, we love playing outside and riding bikes when the weather gets warm!
    Stephanie @ Food Fit 4 Real recently posted..Ellie Activewear

Wow! That cheeseburger casserole looks awesome!
    And my favorite sign of Spring are all the cherry blossoms blooming. It’s so beautiful to drive or walk down the street and see them!
    My least favorite (which comes tied with all the blooming things) is allergies. Blech.

That recipe looks delicious! I love me some Dulce de Leche Girl Scout cookies — can’t go wrong with caramel & milk! And my favorite (early) sign of spring is when spring onions start to sprout up — that means that consistently warm weather is just around the corner!
    Andrea recently posted..16 Weeks

19. Jen says

I made that for dinner last night too! It was SO good! I cooked up a couple of slices of bacon for it & then sauteed some mushrooms with the onions in the bacon grease. I also added a fresh jalapeno to it-SO DELICIOUS!!!

Elmo was watching Doves outside this morning and I got so excited, too! Also, I think you can “smell” spring. The air just has a different way about it… Or maybe that’s in my head 😉
    Lauren recently posted..Uhm… YES.

I used to love the samosas but def no way I could eat them now without feeling the negative side affects afterwards. :/ I found a few healthier gluten free remake recipes I want to try eventually.
    This past weekend was a sign of spring coming to me! In Northern VA we had the most gorgeous weather!!!!!! Spent it outside and walked around D.C. :) Oh and this time change thing I love. Still sunny getting out of work. woohoo!
    cassi recently posted..BodyKey Shamrock Shake – Vegan, Gluten Free, Refined Sugar Free

I haven’t purchased any Girl Scout Cookies yet this year, but I’m sure it’s only a matter of time. Although I can’t eat them, my husband is obsessed with thin mints. He can eat an entire box in one sitting. My favorite part of Spring is the leaves coming back to all the trees and the grass turning green again. I just love how green everything gets in Austin. It makes my heart happy!
    Lauren @ Fun, Fit and Fabulous! recently posted..Coconut Cilantro Butternut Squash and Quinoa Salad

I’d say you did pretty well in the greens department! I need to hire someone to take the trefoils away from me, they are so addicting.
    Lyric recently posted..WIAW

24. Shelly says

I’m so glad you made that recipe! I have been eyeing it wanting to make it, but my husband hasn’t been sure about the idea. I’m going to tell him you gave it a thumbs up. I think I’ll make it tomorrow!