A Case of the Queasies

Alright, so yesterday was just not a super day. I had a hard time sleeping the night before and wound up getting struck with some pretty crappy case of the queasies. And to think I was out of the clear at almost 22 weeks along!

I mean hey, it happens. But it just had me feeling pretty BLAH yesterday, if ya know what I mean. I wound up switching my alarm and nixed the workout I had planned for the morning, knowing full well I wouldn’t have the stamina for any sort of extra exertion. As far as food, it was tough because I was hungry but the thought of most things made me queasy.

So I stuck with something simple and prepared a bowl of cereal + a mug of tea (using one of the tea bags from this trimester’s bump bundle).

Quaker Oatmeal Squares, Multigrain Cheerios, bananas, blueberries, and unsweetened vanilla almond milk.

My hunger held off for a few hours but I needed a little something before lunch. At this point, I almost always wind up having some sort of snack with peanut butter, but believe it or not, the thought of peanut butter right now is just sounding SO unappealing. I’ll tell ya…this pregnancy stuff is craaaaazy sometimes.

So instead, I had some cat cookies that I packed, and they seriously tasted great.

I had to run out on my lunch hour so by the time I got back I was definitely hungry again. I had packed a random whole wheat roll in the morning, just in case I didn’t think I could stomach anything else. But by the time I got back to the office, someone had heated up their lunch – which reminded me of something maybe like chili? – which immediately sparked my desire to eat the lunch of leftovers I brought.

So I ate my leftover cheeseburger casserole + a diet ginger ale on the side…no maraschino cherry juice this timeWinking smile

By the time I got home from work, I was just feeling wiped. I literally changed into my cozies and parked it on the couch under my blanket for the rest of the evening. Jay and I had originally planned on going out to do some glider shopping, but we decided to hold off on that until tonight.

I had no desire to get up to even make us dinner, but I’m very lucky that I have a man who a) can manage a meal on his own and ate leftovers, and b) prepared exactly what I said I was craving and delivered it right to me on the couch. I’ll tell ya, he is a keeper.

We had been watching Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives on the Food Network, which I’m thinking may have sparked my craving for a BLT. Not sure if that’s exactly it, but I wanted one in a bad way. So Jay delivered, grilling the bread instead of toasting (less cuts on the roof of the mouth!) and added a slice of provolone cheese. It totally hit the spot.

After dinner, I wound up lasting a couple more hours on the couch before calling it a night, but I had my Cody curled up with me almost the whole time.

I think he was making sure his momma and little brother were doing okay…then again, let’s get real. He just loves this blanket as much as I do. 😉

THANKFULLY, I am feeling much better today, although the queasies come and go, and I was even able to get up for a 30-minute strength workout. The thought of peanut butter and coffee still make my stomach turn today (so weird!), so breakfast is going to be a yogurt with fruit and granola + tea.

**The Baby Tooth page was updated yesterday!

**The winner of the blog header giveaway has been chosen! Check out the original post to see if it was you.

Comments

1. Ruthie Hart (@ruthiehart1) says

Sorry you are feeling sick :-( I have been on Zofran for chronic morning sickness for 12 weeks now….baby boy is not being nice to me!

I’m sorry your not feeling well, I have heard that ginger chews help some people. I also take zofran when i am feeling queasy and it works well, its safe for pregnancy too. Looks like you have a great cuddle bug Cody to help you feel better.
    Nicole @ FruitNFitness recently posted..WIAW # 9

3. Krystan says

That’s crazy that you had the queasies yesterday! I have the same due date as you (also pregnant with a boy I might add) and Tuesday I was pretty queasy all day, but okay once I ate something, and yesterday morning when I was trying to work out I had to stop because I just wasn’t feeling it….maybe it has to do with whatever development is going on this week that the nausea comes back a little bit?? Hope you are feeling better today!

I’m glad today is looking on the upside. There’s nothing worse than feeling queasy!
    I definitely rely on toast, bananas, plain carbs, oats, apples, so basically carbs are my only friend;)
    Cody is adorable.

I just ate peanut butter for the first time today since January. Why can’t these babies like what we want? Little stinkers! Ps. I love that so many pregnant women comment on your posts. It’s nice to see so many people that have similar stories.
    Jolynn recently posted..LARABAR Winner Announced!

6. Tiphani says

I craved BLTs like crazy when I was pregnant with my son! My husband became a pro at making them :)

My one piece of advice for a glider is making sure that the back is tall enough so you can rest your head. I have taken many naps in mine and that was so nice!

My first trimester, I couldn’t do hot coffee (but iced was fine) OR eggs. There were several mornings where our dog made out like a bandit because I couldn’t stomach the eggs my hubs cooked (I never got sick though). Now, equally as weird, in the third trimester, I crave milk. I have NEVER wanted to drink milk (aside from left over cereal milk), yet I want a glass nearly every night. Could be worse, right?

So sorry to hear that you weren’t feeling well. :( Here’s hoping/praying that’s the LAST of the queasies though! 😉 Also, your hubby reminds me of my Joel (my hubby)… I’m not preggers but he always helps out around the kitchen if I’m not feeling well or if I’m really tired after a work-out… definite keepers indeed!!
    Koryn @ High Heels & Healthy Alternatives recently posted..WIAW & Running Tips?

Oh mann isn’t it weird how back and forth our pregnant bodies can be??? I haaaated the thought of PB, coffee, pretty much anything except salty food! And in the morning, I usually could stomach some protein cake, cold cereal, or egg muffins. I”m glad you’re better because I think no woman should feel those queasies if at all possible. 😀
    Ellie@Fit for the Soul recently posted..Exercising Outdoors and Kindred Spirits

Oh no! I hope you feel better soon. :O bloody pregnancy ruining pb for you 😛 Make sure you take it easy :) Oh and cool trick for reducing cuts on your mouth haha I never thought to grill it!
    Bek @ Crave recently posted..Weighing Myself

Oh no! It’s never a good thing when your favourites are no longer appealing. The dramas of pregnancy never cease to amaze me. Hopefully you’re back to loving PB soon 😉

Sorry you felt sick! but so glad the tea helped you feel better from your BumpBundle! Don’t forget to also suck on your Preggie Drops from your first trimester BumpBundle !! Those will help with nausea during your whole pregnancy and even during labor!

Trackbacks