Randomness on a Friday

Heyyyy there…happy Friday to you all! How’s the week been going so far for everyone??

Honestly, I feel like I haven’t had much of a chance to really “chat” with you all this week like I usually do. This week got sort of busy for me, and then on top of just not feeling like myeslf, I really struggled to find things worth talking about. Quality trumps quantity, if you ask me! So that being said, hopefully my words find me again by the time next week rolls around.

In the meantime, I do have some random stuff to share/on my mind this morning, so I’m gonna go ahead and do that. Hey, nothing like some randomness on a Friday, right?

*****

Yesterday I met up with my friend Nicole for lunch at Panera. On the menu for me?

panera you pick two

Chopped Chicken Cobb Salad with Avocado + Chicken Noodle Soup. With a piece of baguette the size of my face…just how I like it. ;)

Nicole and I spent the hour catching up on a bunch of stuff, since it’d been a while since I’d last seen her. We’re hoping to figure out a day soon to have both her and her husband, Seth, over to the house…especially since I could use her design expertise with the new nursery (but that’s obviously not the only reason!).

*****

Last night, Jay and I headed out after work to try to pick out a glider and ottoman that we liked for the nursery…thankfully, a trip to Buy Buy Baby did the trick, and we’ve found a winner!

dutailer glider and ottoman

It’s a Dutailer brand, which I’d previously heard really good things about, and after basically “test-driving” all of them in the store, this one was clearly our winner. Soft, comfy cushions and a back that’s tall enough to rest my head comfortably were my two main concerns, and this one scored in both. So excited!

*****

Tonight, we’re actually going to order the rest of our furniture set from Babies R Us (since our coupons are now good starting today), which means that it’s really GO time to start planning.

baby cache montana espresso

(We already ordered the crib, and are just getting one more dresser, the conversion kit for the bed, and the nightstand). I have SO many ideas for this nursery…putting them all together to create one, uniform look is going to be such a struggle for me (aka, one of the most indecisive people you will ever meet). Thankfully, I have some time. ;)

*****

Late last night before going to bed, I got the biggest craving for a vanilla chai from Dunkin Donuts, which was totally random and sort of amusing.

dunkin donuts vanilla chai

There was a time, probably back in 2005-2006 (I remember this because I had just gotten a long-term substitute teaching position right out of college) where I used to hit up DD’s at least 3 times a week because it was right on my way to work. It was a bad, bad habit (not only for my health, but also the wallet!) and I think I pretty much got myself sick of this drink. But last night, I had to have it…so this morning? I’m going to get one. We’ll see if it’s still just as good as I remember.

*****

I feel like my workouts this past week or two have really been a struggle.

*Read: I am not beating myself up over this. I am just merely stating a fact.

You guys know I much prefer my morning workouts over evening ones, but I’m just finding myself too tired to get up and actually do it (I snoozed through my alarm twice this week!). By the time I get home from work, make/eat dinner, and/or do whatever else I have going on, my motivation to workout is practically gone. It stinks because while I’m at work, I’ll be all like, “Yeah! When I get home I’m gonna do some yoga!” or “I think I’ll go for a walk while watching X TV show tonight,” but it just hasn’t been happening.

Who knows…hopefully the motivation and/or extra energy will return next week. I mean, I was feeling kinda yucky this week anyways. Ehh, we’ll see what happens!

*****

For those of you who may or may not be losing motivation in the workout department, here’s a little something I just found out about that may be of interest to you!

blood sweat cheers

Blood, Sweat, & Cheers is a subscription newsletter filled with tons of activities, events, workouts, and gear that make everyday life and fitness fun. Although I’m not really running any races these days, I couldn’t believe just how many different types of races, fun runs, and other aspects of fitness activities they have packed into each newsletter. On top of that, they even have stuff about local beers and bars…definitely my kind of newsletter!

If you subscribe to BSC, each day the newsletter contains at least one story about a crazy 5K or something similar (I found a few leprechaun races!), the latest workout craze, a favorite beer accessory, or a new, hot piece of workout gear that’s getting popular.

blood sweat cheers 1

And right now if you sign up for the BSC newsletter, you can enter to win some awesome prizes, including a GT Performer BMX bike or a $150 Lululemon gift card (sa-weeeeet!).

Performer 26 (chrome) Performer 26 (blue)

Lululemon Gift Card

To sign up, you can CLICK HERE(<– this is not a referral link*).

*****

Well, I think that’s about all I have right now, my friends. Let’s hope today goes by niiiiiice and quick, so we can get this weekend STARTED! Who’s with me?!? :)

Disclaimer: *FitFluential LLC compensated me for this Campaign. All opinions are my own; I do not get anything extra for you signing up for the newsletter – I just thought it would be something many of you would enjoy!

Comments

1. Jennifer @ Healthy Wifestyles says

I hope your trip to Dunkin’s is good! I had a major craving to try their Irish Cream coffee this morning and it was just. not. good!! The Vanilla Chai is always a winner, though :) Happy Friday!

Sounds like all the nursery stuff is coming along! How exciting! :) I’ve been having a really hard time waking up early this week too. I’m wondering if the darker mornings have something to do with it? Who knows. Regardless, just take one day at a time and do what’s best for you and baby! Every week varies it seems. Enjoy that DD vanilla chai – sounds yummy!
    Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries recently posted..I Can’t Wait!

I am sooo with you (& just blogged about something similar recently)! Cheers to the weekend! I’m def. more of a morning workout person as well… if it doesn’t get done in the morning, it usually doesn’t get done. :-p No worries though – praying you’ll feel better and have more energy next week!

P.S. Love your eats this week! I actually just had Panera for dinner last night… asian sesame chicken salad (my fave) and broccoli cheddar soup – nixed the bread though! And vanilla chai – yum! I’m probably very similar to your college-aged self (lol)… if it weren’t for free small chai lattes at work (via the good ole Keurig), my wallet would probably get pretty drafty! ;-)
    Koryn @ High Heels & Healthy Alternatives recently posted..Friday Funnies and Platform Pumps!

Happy Friday! I have a hard time motivating myself to get in a workout after work of in the afternoon at all, even if I’m not at work. I just find it much easier to get it done first thing in the morning. Not sure why that is. Guess I’m tired after the day. Sounds like the nursery is coming along nicely!!
    It seems like so many people have struggled getting up early this week, maybe it’s the time change.

I can’t wait to see the nursery, it looks like it’s going to be really nice already! I love the crib. I hear on the working out. I’m in the same boat but I’m not pregnant so I don’t have as good of an excuse. Sometimes when you aren’t feeling good you just have to take a break. Have a good weekend!
    Sarah @ Making Thyme for Health recently posted..My Own Worst Enemy

YAY for finding a glider! I was happy when we found one we loved too! We tested it out at Babies R Us, but ordered from target online because they had the color we wanted! Our nursery furniture is white!

Love the crib you picked out! Don’t stress! All that matters is that the nursery has that comfy and cozy feeling, I know it will look fab when done!

Happy weekend girl!

Oh and the workout thing, I have found I have had energy and have been working out consistently, but I know as I get to my last trimester that will probably change. I am just taking it day by day and being healthy for baby and me, as you are!

I’ve never been to Panera, but it always looks so good in the photos! Hope you have a relaxing weekend (and your glider looks SUPER comfortable).
    Melissa recently posted..Train!

8. Kellie says

I hear ya with the workouts! I go right after work so I am in my workout clothes and its just habit. If I go home first, I’m done for! But then I end up eating a late meal for dinner too so who knows.
    I wonder how the chai at DD compares to a chai at Starbucks. Might have to order both now to compare!

• Courtney says

They’re actually pretty different – the one at DD’s is rich and creamy (and totally not good for you, lol) ;)

I hope you get back to feeling like yourself again soon! And I go to Dunkin’ Donuts every.day. Talk about a bad addiction… It’s not 3 times, it’s 7 times hahaha. Oops.

I need one of those chairs for myself so I can rock myself to sleep!
    Lauren recently posted..Every Hour, A Photo.

That is so cool! I think I scanned the same exact glider! I really liked it b/c it’s ultra comfortable, cute, and so much smaller than the other ones or else there’d be no room in the nursery, hah! And I have never tried DD’s drinks since we don’t have ‘em in socal (not that I know of), and that vanilla chai sounds so delicious~drool.
    Ellie@Fit for the Soul recently posted..Exercising Outdoors and Kindred Spirits

Love the crib, we have a very similar one! And can’t wait for you to pick out the bedding! Love DD..so much better than Starbucks (and cheaper) in my opinion..and their is one within walking distance of my house!

12. Kris says

If that is the reclining glider we have the same one and it is great! Perfect for late nights cuddling your sweet little guy.

Be prepared for workouts to be hard for the next oh…..5 years or so, lol!! Truthfully though, fitting in workouts is SO MUCH EASIER when life is without kids. Of course, I would give up the time to workout for my kids any day but it really does become a challenge. Invest in a jogging stroller if you can as it will be a lifesaver some days!!

I can’t wait to see the nursery when it is all put together. The furniture is very nice!!