Cupcakes for St. Patty’s Day

by Courtney on March 16, 2013

I’m pretty sure this is the first St. Patty’s Day weekend in a LONG time where Jay and I will not be getting dressed up in our green, getting together bright and early with friends, and basically boozing our faces off all day long.

DSC01087circa 2009

Not that I wouldn’t have still enjoyed dressing up in all my green and getting together with friends (minus the drinking part, of course), but unfortunately we just couldn’t make it work this year.

IMG_1023circa 2011

That’s not to say we aren’t getting together with friends later today. Oh no…that we definitely are. But we’ll be enjoying the evening eating a nice, homemade Mexican meal prepped by all of the ladies. Not exactly in line with typical St. Patty’s Day shenanigans, I suppose you’d say?

IMG_2751IMG_2788

circa 2012

But either way, it’s going to be a blast – decked out on green or not – and I’m looking forward to getting my Mexican feast on later this evening. Winking smile

In the meantime, I’m sure that many of you are probably going to be partaking in some St. Patty’s Day festivities this weekend, and I think I would be remiss if I did not mention these perfectly festive cupcakes.

Click here for the recipe…

Some of you may remember when I made this last year, but I would strongly encourage you to check them out. I have a feeling your fellow Irish friends and family would surely enjoy their deliciousness.

I’m almost wondering if I should make them to include in our Mexican themed dinner tonight…that’d work, right? Winking smile

Have a great weekend everyone! And if you’re out enjoying the festivities, stay safe!

1 Celeste @ HealthfulMindBodyandSoul.com March 16, 2013 at 9:10 am

Those cupcakes look great, I’ll have to try. Have fun tonight and Happy St. Patty’s Day.
Celeste @ HealthfulMindBodyandSoul.com recently posted..Friday Fashion Finds

2 Amanda @ .running with spoons. March 16, 2013 at 9:18 am

Cupcakes are the perfect accompaniment to any meal. Happy -early- St Patty’s day! Hope you have a good one with your friends tonight.
Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted... kisses for you .

3 kim@hungryhealthygirl March 16, 2013 at 9:27 am

Yum….the cupcakes look fabulous and I think you could pretty much make cupcakes work with any meal, especially if it’s Mexican food! Have a fun day!
kim@hungryhealthygirl recently posted..Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Overnight Oats

4 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More March 16, 2013 at 9:32 am

Cupcakes ALWAYS work for dessert – no matter what’s for dinner. ;)
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..Influenster

5 Leigha March 16, 2013 at 9:36 am

Those sound delicious! Have a great St Patty’s Day! :)

6 Jessica @ Prayers and Apples March 16, 2013 at 9:43 am

I know!! This is the first year I’m not doing the same thing! I usually wear a sparkling green tiara and everything lol :)
Jessica @ Prayers and Apples recently posted..Health and Fitness Statistics

7 Melissa @ Freeing Imperfections March 16, 2013 at 9:54 am

Wow, you guys really go all out each year, huh? Before I moved to Boston, I never realized that people like REALLY celebrate St. Patty’s. Where I’m from, it’s just not that big of a deal.

Those cupcakes look delish!
Melissa @ Freeing Imperfections recently posted..{ Faith in My Friday } Sitting with Jesus

8 Lisa March 16, 2013 at 10:05 am

Hope ou have a great St. Patty’s celebration tonight!
Cupcake are definitely a winner to bring to any occasion!

9 Avery @ Southern Belle Living Well March 16, 2013 at 10:35 am

Make ‘em Make ‘em Make ‘em! If they are as amazing as you say, then they DEFINITELY need to be a part of y’alls meal tonight. Have fun!

10 Angela @ Health's Angel March 16, 2013 at 10:36 am

YUM. Those look great! I wish I had an excuse to bake them. But I really never do anything special for St. Patty’s. I’m not Irish and drinking all day just isn’t my style, even though that’s what most of my friends do every year! Pittsburgh is home to the 2nd biggest St. Patty’s parade in the country. :)
Angela @ Health’s Angel recently posted..Beachburgh

11 Nicole @ FruitNFitness March 16, 2013 at 11:03 am

Mexican sounds way better than boring Irish food! Hope you enjoy your relaxing evening!

12 Miranda @ Miranda Runs March 16, 2013 at 12:26 pm

So… is St.Patty’s day today or tomorrow? I feel so out of the loop!
Miranda @ Miranda Runs recently posted..A Call to Under-21 Bloggers!

13 Kristen @ notsodomesticated March 16, 2013 at 12:41 pm

I was saying to my husband earlier that last year on this weekend, we were going wine tasting and drinking green beer. This year, I’m running errands for the baby while dealing with Braxton Hicks contractions! ;) My, how the times have changed!
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..Skinny Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcakes

14 Jenna @ Crazy Healthy Fit March 16, 2013 at 1:39 pm

I’m all about Mexican food. LOVE everything about it. So, i’m with you on that front.
Jenna @ Crazy Healthy Fit recently posted..Crossfit: a beginners guide to understanding the games and the sport

15 Angela March 16, 2013 at 1:40 pm

Those cupcakes look amazing!! Perfect for St. Patrick’s day. :)
Angela recently posted..Think Big.

16 Ellie@Fit for the Soul March 16, 2013 at 2:22 pm

Okay this may sound funny but you look exactly the same in all your pictures, meaning that you haven’t aged one bit and always look so youthful! :D I hope that happens to me ;) And Mexican and Irish? Sounds good to me! I particularly love those swirls in the cake.
Ellie@Fit for the Soul recently posted..First Time Foods

17 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles March 16, 2013 at 2:45 pm

I’d like to think that cupcakes work with every meal :-p Have a great time tonight!

18 Ashley @ Life and Fitness March 16, 2013 at 2:53 pm

Those cupcakes look good! Well any type of cupcakes always look good to me :) I’m not much of a beer drinker so st Patrick’s is not really my holiday. I like my margaritas better!

19 Linz @ Itz Linz March 16, 2013 at 3:20 pm

i rarely make cupcakes, but these look awesome (as do all your recipes!)
Linz @ Itz Linz recently posted..We’re here!

20 Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl March 16, 2013 at 3:36 pm

Those cupcakes are so pretty and they sound absolutely delicious!! Thanks for sharing the recipe :)

Happy St. Patty’s Day Weekend!! :)
Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl recently posted..Who Needs Corned Beef When You Can Have Cabbage?

21 Shel@PeachyPalate March 16, 2013 at 3:37 pm

Mexican and Irish food sure why not :) Working in the cafe tomorrow for the day…the place will be buzzing for sure! Enjoy your get together tonight! :)
Shel@PeachyPalate recently posted..Just in Time

22 Chelsie March 16, 2013 at 7:45 pm

Those cupcakes look great! They totally balance out the Mexican food :)
Chelsie recently posted..Happy Green Cake Weekend

23 Danica @ It's Progression March 16, 2013 at 8:49 pm

I’d be even more excited about the Mexican food dinner if there were also cupcakes there! :) Hope you have fun!
Danica @ It’s Progression recently posted..workouts 3/10 – 3/16: training week 1

24 Katie March 16, 2013 at 9:06 pm

Wow, time surely flies by- can’t believe it’s been a year since you shared the recipe for these yummy cupcakes!

25 courtstar @ star systemz March 17, 2013 at 3:42 am

Happy st patty’s day :-) cupcakes look delicious! Love + shine courtstar
courtstar @ star systemz recently posted..Au Natural

26 Bek @ Crave March 18, 2013 at 3:43 am

A celebration is still a celebration ;)
Bek @ Crave recently posted..Protein Powder Pancakes