Scenes From Saturday {3/16}

by Courtney on March 17, 2013

Breakfast date with my bestie, Heather.

A return back to Illium Café, but a new-to-us breakfast menu.

An amazing chai tea latte to start the morning.

Followed by an amazing breakfast of french toast for Heather, scrambled eggs and a whipped banana pancake for me.

A trip to the Farmers Market (the first one since July).

With plenty of fresh bread abound.

Snacks throughout the day (almond and peanut butter are back in my life – thank goodness that was short-lived).

A Mexican dinner had with great friends.

Including a taco salad made by Yours Truly, which I will have to share with you all very soon because it was amazing.

And enchiladas which I have already bought the ingredients for to make later this week.

A birthday cake for Andrea, who celebrated her birthday last week.

Plus brownies made by Mal, both of which were out of this worrrrrld.

Mooners would certainly agree.

And we all got a great big laugh out of “having” to have some milk to wash down all of the decadent chocolate desserts.

The laugh, of course, was that everyone said it was such a “good thing” that the milk was fat-free and organic…you know, because we were all trying to be so health conscious with all that dessert and all. Hey, we found it amusing. Winking smile

Hope you all had a great Saturday yourselves!

1 Linz @ Itz Linz March 17, 2013 at 11:49 am

well that certainly looks like a tasty day of food!! i always crack up when indulging and then making a small “healthy” addition!! :)
Linz @ Itz Linz recently posted..We’re here!

2 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles March 17, 2013 at 12:13 pm

All that Mexican food looks amazing – I’m on such a Mexican food kick right now! Glad you had a great Saturday!

3 Ashley @ Life and Fitness March 17, 2013 at 12:13 pm

Looks like an awesome weekend! I’m loving all that cheese on the taco salad, looks great!

4 Miranda @ Miranda Runs March 17, 2013 at 12:35 pm

Ohhhh YUM! Those cakes look really good! I totally do the whole “well, I’m drinking a lot of water today so that cancels out the brownie I just ate” thing. It makes sense ;)
Miranda @ Miranda Runs recently posted..This or That?

5 Amanda @ .running with spoons. March 17, 2013 at 1:24 pm

Both the Mexican dinner and the chocolate desserts look out of this world delicious. And hey, every little healthy bit helps ;)
Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted... that one time i called 911 .

6 Melissa @ Freeing Imperfections March 17, 2013 at 1:25 pm

Mmm, the enchiladas with the green chilies on top look great! I think I’d die if I could have some of that fresh bread too. Yum!
Melissa @ Freeing Imperfections recently posted..Forever Fitness Challenge

7 Avery @ Southern Belle Living Well March 17, 2013 at 2:00 pm

Fuuun! Now THAT is a taco salad! I’m excited for the recipe :)

8 Chelsie March 17, 2013 at 2:08 pm

The amount of avocado in that Taco Salad makes me awfully excited for the recipe!
Chelsie recently posted..Happy Green Cake Weekend

9 Audrey @ In Shape Cupcake March 17, 2013 at 2:13 pm

OMG all that food just looks toooooo good! YUM! Can’t wait for the recipe in the taco salad! :)
Audrey @ In Shape Cupcake recently posted..Happy St. Patrick’s Day: Cardio and New Combo

10 Shel@PeachyPalate March 17, 2013 at 2:27 pm

Love farmers markets..nothing like the fresh local produce! :) That French toast of Heather’s looks epic!
Shel@PeachyPalate recently posted..Just in Time

11 Danica @ It's Progression March 17, 2013 at 2:38 pm

I’m really looking forward to the farmer’s market reopening here again too! I love strolling around there on Saturday mornings picking up produce for the week.
I’m always excited for that salad recipe–we are all about Mexican food at our house.
Danica @ It’s Progression recently posted..Meal Plan: 3/17 – 3/23 … go-to dinners

12 Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl March 17, 2013 at 2:41 pm

It sounds like you had a fabulous Saturday filled with good people and good eats! It doesn’t get much better than that!

I can’t wait to see the taco salad recipe. It sounds and looks super delicious. I am sure that pairing it alongside those enchiladas was perfect!
Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl recently posted..BBQ “Sausage” and Apple Quesadillas

13 Kristen @ notsodomesticated March 17, 2013 at 3:09 pm

Wow, what a day of awesome eats! That cake looks amazing. And adding the healthy milk totally negated all of the fat and calories. ;)
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..Skinny Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcakes

14 Erin @Axell's Kitchen March 17, 2013 at 4:30 pm

I can’t get enough of Mexican right now. I could seriously eat it every day of the week. And thanks a lot, now I want banana pancakes! (;

15 Sarah @PickyRunner March 17, 2013 at 5:12 pm

I’m absolutely drooling over that cake. If I get something that tasty for my birthday cake tonight then I will in pure bliss.
Sarah @PickyRunner recently posted..Being smart

16 Leigha March 17, 2013 at 9:39 pm

Good eats today!!! I think enchiladas are definitely on the menu for this week. Made banana pancakes last week… heaven!
Leigha recently posted..Sweet Potato Saturday

17 Chelsea @ LittleOneRuns March 18, 2013 at 8:02 am

I am drooling over the chocolate cake!! All the food looks delicious, just way too good!
Chelsea @ LittleOneRuns recently posted..Convos With Everyone

18 Shari March 18, 2013 at 8:06 am

Looks like a wonderful day!
Shari recently posted..Plus and Minus.