Nothing To Show For It

You know those days where you feel like you’ve spent all of your time working on something, yet barely have anything to show for it? Yes, yesterday felt like one of those days…I’ll explain in a minute. But first, I have to share yesterday’s amazing breakfast sandwich.

On Saturday when I went to the Farmers Market, I picked up a loaf of sourdough bread (one of Jay’s favorites). So after a quick grocery shop early yesterday morning (done and out of the way!), Jay and I tag-teamed some breakfast sandwiches using the fresh bread.

My sandwich was made up of a fried egg, provolone cheese, and turkey bacon, and then we pressed the sandwiches on our panini press. Seriously, sooooo good.

Shortly after breakfast, I got in a workout…a yoga + pilates workout to be exact. I finally got a chance to try out the prenatal yoga DVD that I bought back in January, and I liked it. The session was about 30 minutes long, and it did a great job of proving just how badly I need to do more yoga. Holy crap, were my muscles tiiiiiiiight.

I followed it up with three of the 10-minute sessions of my pilates DVD (standing, core, and flexibility). I honestly can’t even tell you the last time I worked out for an hour, but it felt good to do it while I had the time and didn’t feel rushed.

Cody was there to watch me the whole time. Winking smile

Once the workout was complete, it was time to tackle my big project for the day…cleaning out our spare room to prepare to make it the nursery.

Believe it or not, these photos actually show progress. I know…it’s sad. The majority of my time was spent going through the closet and dresser, cleaning out old clothes to either throw away, donate, or attempt to sell back.

Luckily, I’ve got all of that part just about squared away, so now it’s just a matter of clearing out the rest of what’s in there to make room for all of Baby Tooth’s stuff. On Saturday we ordered the rest of our nursery set, so with that coming in soon – along with a good amount of clothes for our little man already – we’ve really got to get things rolling!

After spending the majority of my day working on all of that mess, we eventually called it quits and made some dinner.

The pan on the right was some diced up sweet potatoes and chicken sausage, and the left was this bag of fire roasted veggies from Trader Joe’s, which was actually quite delicious. The bag, however, said it was six servings…apparently Jay and I are pigs, because we’re getting three out of it?

I decided to just throw everything all together to make for an easy, one-dish meal, and thankfully it all went together fantastically.

The sauce on the veggies had somewhat of a sweet taste to them, which I loved paired with the sweet potatoes. This was definitely a great meal, and one that I’ll be enjoying for leftovers sometime this week at lunch.

With yesterday being St. Patrick’s Day and all, you’d definitely never realize it in this house, haha. I don’t think we had one hint of Irish-ness happening, but hey, no biggie. I guess I’ll just have to celebrate it twice as much next year when my little leprechaun is here. Winking smile

So this week is already looking pretty busy on our end…three evenings so far that are already booked after work, which means I’m really going to have to be good about getting to bed at a decent time at night so I’m not as exhausted feeling as last week. Tonight is our first busy evening…heading to mom and dad’s house for dinner and haircuts for us!

How was everyone’s weekend? Do anything fun? Any fun and/or exciting St. Patty’s Day stories??

Comments

At least you’re getting the cleaning over with now. I definitely think that’s the worst part, but imagine it once it’s all nice and done! It will be fantastic.
    Oh, your Dinner looks so good for the night!
    Ha, my house also had not a bit of Irish to it, I don’t think I did anything green wise yesterday. I did have a green smoothie, but that’s about it. Oh well.
    Lisa recently posted..Lately…

Those pictures of your spare room are making me dread my own spring cleaning that I have to do soon, but it always feels nice to get a little bit more organized, and I’m betting that your little guy’s nursery is going to look amazing once you get started on it.

I didn’t actually have the most exciting weekend either. The weather here has been absolute garbage, so I spent most of the weekend in the kitchen doing a bit of recipe testing.
    Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted... hawaii highlights – manoa falls .

I fiiiiiiinally cleaned out my closet yesterday and it SO needed to happen. I had close exploding out and was able to fill two trash bags to donate. Now that I’m in the spring cleaning mood, we’re tackling the rest of the house this week/weekend!

It also felt great to get something done after a day of drinking Saturday ;)

Can’t wait to see your nursery unfold!
    Emily @ The Good Era recently posted..Irish Filled Weekend

I’m the say way with yoga. I’ll be really into it for a couple months, then never do it again for six months. Whenever I get back into it, I’m so sore the next day. It really shows how unflexible I am unless I keep up with it.
    Ashley @ Life and Fitness recently posted..Stumpy McTavern

Productive days are always the best feeling. I had the exact opposite Sunday..recovering from all the celebrating on Saturday for St. Patty’s. Many many stories, don’t think any of them will make their way into the blog world though! haha
    Meghan @ After the Ivy League recently posted..Blogger Fail

A few weeks ago, I took a “before” picture of my bedroom with the intention of having it finally clean and cutely decorated that evening….I’m pretty sure If I took an “after” picture today it would look worse than when I started :P

7. Angie says

I have a question about your dinner, when you make sweet potatoes mixed in with the sausage do you just dice them and cook them in the pan raw or are they pre- cooked to soften first? Thanks!

• Courtney says

Last night I started cooking the sweet potatoes first, which were raw. I sautéed them in a little evoo, salt, and pepper. They took a little longer that way but I had the time (I’ve done both). I cooked the chicken sausage in the micro to defrost then chopped them up and added to the sweet potatoes when they were just about cooked through. All together, everything took maybe 20 minutes?

My weekend was pretty low-key except for some Irish food yesterday! And progress is progress on the room, even if you can’t see it now!
    Melissa recently posted..Train!

I’m really starting to think that I kind of need a panini press! They always make sandwiches look even better than they already are~And I totally believe you when you say that the spare room is showing progress, because we haven’t even started with ours since that is the place where all my husband’s stuff is! It’s his office and place where he does most of his work, unless he goes out to a cafe or something. So much to do, so little time~But I guess enjoying it and just relaxing through the process is the best way since stressing doesn’t make it any better, right? :D
    Ellie@Fit for the Soul recently posted..First Time Foods

Mmm, that dinner looks great. I love just throwing stuff together and having a “one bowl” kind of meal.

I can’t imagine trying to clear out a whole room and make it baby-ready! I can see how that seems like you didn’t get much done. It will all come together though. Can’t wait to see it!