A Lot of Repeats

by Courtney on March 19, 2013

I have GREAT news!

Peanut butter is back in my life.

It’s the little things. :)

Thank goodness, my aversion to this stuff was very short lived. By this past Sunday, I was craving it once again, and ohhhh, did it taste better than ever. So much so, that I decided to make that sandwich above for my lunch yesterday. PB + banana + pumpkin butter. Yummm.

It’s so strange how pregnancy can do things like that to you, isn’t it? Let’s just hope it doesn’t get a hold of my other favorites as of late…such as my yogurt bowls.

Although that’s a recycled photo, that was the exact same breakfast I ate yesterday.

As you’ve probably noticed, my eats (and posts about eats) have been a little bit scarce these past few weeks. Part of that is because I’m finding myself super busy, but part of it is also because there’s just been a lot of repeats of the same meals over and over. Yogurt bowls, oats in (or out) of jars, veggie and hummus, leftovers from dinners I’ve shared…all of the usual suspects.

As much as I do love my staples, I am missing some variety. There are plenty of days where I’ll wind up craving a salad but I’m just never in the mood to make one (hello, lazy pants). I also really miss baking…I feel like I haven’t even attempted a new recipe in months (so not like me!). I feel like I need to try a new cookie recipe. Or maybe a new muffin/quick bread. Thankfully, it’s looking like we’ll have some downtime this weekend, which will be great…too bad it’s only Tuesday. ;)

Tonight, Jay and I are (planning on) trying a new dinner recipe from Iowa Girl Eats for her California Quesadillas.

Source: iowagirleats.com viaCourtney on Pinterest

I came across these late last week and immediately planned and bought the ingredients to have them this week. They just look and sound too darn good, don’t they?

I’m also planning on remaking the enchiladas that we had over the weekend later this week, when we have our friends Joe & Kate over.

Again…with the Mexican. I. Can’t. Get. Enough.

*****

Alright, I suppose it’s about time to tackle Tuesday. Jay and I always joke that Tuesday is the absolute worst day of the week for us. For whatever reason, it just always seems like a super long day, the hustle and bustle of a new week is over (aka, Monday), and the weekend still feels like it’s forever away. Let’s hope this Tuesday is a quick one!

*The Baby Tooth page was updated this morning!

*I also have to shout out a huge CONGRATS to my pal, Chelsey, who just announced some big news yesterday. Although I have been in on her secret for quite some time now, I’m just so thrilled for her!

Question for the Morning:

What’s your least favorite day of the week?

1 Ashley @ Life and Fitness March 19, 2013 at 8:50 am

I’m glad peanut butter is back in your life! It’s too good not to have everyday :)
Ashley @ Life and Fitness recently posted..Dealing With Being A Quitter

2 Melanie @ Beautifully Nutty March 19, 2013 at 8:51 am

Such good news that PB is back! And I’m serious!
My least favorite day has got to be Monday because that means there are still 4 days ahead of me until Friday. :smile:
Melanie @ Beautifully Nutty recently posted..Meatloaf on a Wintry Night

3 Lauren @ Berry Sweet Lauren March 19, 2013 at 9:02 am

Yay for peanut butter! Ya know when a day feels like Friday but you realize it’s actually any earlier week day… those are the worst!

4 Lindsey March 19, 2013 at 9:04 am

Might be Tuesday for me, Monday is a fresh start, Wed and Thurs you are closer to the weekend but Tuesday’s got nothing!

5 Andrea @ Andrea out loud! March 19, 2013 at 9:14 am

Least fav day of the week is Monday or Tuesday I think. I dislike Mondays definitely but like Lindsey said it is sorta a fresh start and Tuesday is just boring!
Andrea @ Andrea out loud! recently posted..Broken Chairs & Food Prepping

6 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles March 19, 2013 at 9:24 am

I’d be pretty devastated if I developed a sudden aversion to peanut butter…stuff is too good!

I think I dislike Wednesdays the most right now – but that’s because it’s my long day at school :-p

7 Amanda @ .running with spoons. March 19, 2013 at 9:26 am

I’ve been finding it a lot harder to blog about my meals for exactly the same reason. I’ve kind of found a groove that works for me, and since I have a pretty sensitive stomach that doesn’t enjoy a lot of variety, I end up eating the same thing a lot of the time and worrying that it might bore people.

And Tuesdays are definitely the worst days. Mondays are alright because you’re still refreshed from the weekend and it feels like a new start, but Tuesdays are when it starts to hit you… and there are still 3 more days to go… BUT! spring is almost here, so that’s definitely a reason to be happy :mrgreen:
Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted... blueberry banana breakfast muffins .

8 Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl March 19, 2013 at 9:26 am

I cannot imagine having an aversion to PB!! I seriously hope that never happens to me because it actually sounds kind of tragic ;). I have thought about what it must be like to be allergic to peanuts and it seriously makes me a bit sad. Maybe I should be a little less dramatic ;).

Yum with the Mexican food. I can never get enough of it, either!
Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl recently posted..Guacamole Cauliflower Crust Breadsticks

9 Avery @ Southern Belle Living Well March 19, 2013 at 9:28 am

I’m glad your feeling PB again. If you still didn’t…well that would just be tradgic! ;)

10 Katy March 19, 2013 at 9:51 am

Monday is the worst day. It takes me until at least 1 o’clock to be pack into a routine!
Katy recently posted..Baby Shower

11 Lisa March 19, 2013 at 9:53 am

Yep, sometimes I find it hard to blog about my different meals for that reason, I just have been gravitating to the same things.
I always worry people will just think I’m so boring with them ha, so I try to switch it up often for that. I’m glad PB is back in your life.
And Tuesday’s are probably my least favorite day. I like Monday’s, but Tuesday’s are like the beginning of the week, not quite the middle so they last forever.
Lisa recently posted..These Are A Few Of My Favorite Things – Giveaway

12 Lauren March 19, 2013 at 9:55 am

The things I eat are boring, too! If I showed anyone what I ate it would be followed by “Whomp, whomp”. Haha! Those quesadillas look delicious, though, and you can never go wrong with Mexican! Tuesdays or Sundays are the worst days, I think!
Lauren recently posted..Shut.The.Front.Door.

13 Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries March 19, 2013 at 9:56 am

Pregnancy sure does do weird things to your appetite! I’m so glad to hear peanut butter is back in your life. ;)
My least favorite day of the week is Thursday. You’d think it wouldn’t be too bad since it’s Friday the next day, but Thursdays always seem SO long to me!
Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries recently posted..Week 37: Nursery Tour

14 Sarah @ Making Thyme for Health March 19, 2013 at 9:58 am

Monday is def my least favorite day! I love Kristin’s recipes. She never disappoints!
Sarah @ Making Thyme for Health recently posted..Travel Tuesdays: Weekend in Wimberley, Texas

15 Emily March 19, 2013 at 10:03 am

So glad PB is back in your life! I think my least favorite day is Tuesday. Monday gets a bad rep, but I usually find that my Tuesday’s are a lot more hectic.
Emily recently posted..Take Time Tuesday

16 Elizabeth March 19, 2013 at 10:17 am

I’m with you, Tuesday is my least favorite day as well. Monday I kind of expect to suck, because that’s what Mondays often do. But Tuesday I think should be better, but there is still a lot of week left before the weekend……
Elizabeth recently posted..My Standard Dinner Part 2: Frozen Pierogies

17 Steph @ StephSnacks March 19, 2013 at 10:32 am

Courtney I am not pregnant NOR married and I am a lazy pants 50% of my life outside of work haha – I think it is totally normal to get into an easy groove.. enjoy it!
Steph @ StephSnacks recently posted..A Wonderful Weekend

18 Danica @ It's Progression March 19, 2013 at 10:39 am

Wednesday is always my least favorite day of the week–it’s my longest day of work and it seems like there’s just nothing exciting that happens that day, which usually means it goes by slowly. Once Wednesday is conquered each week the rest just flies by to the weekend.
Danica @ It’s Progression recently posted..A Mother’s Influence on her Daughter’s Self-Image

19 Audrey March 19, 2013 at 10:42 am

I hateeee Thursdays! They feel like Friday’s but they arent so it makes me sad and it feels like it takes forever for Friday afternoon comes. I have a lot of peautbutter probs myself. Sometimes I hate it, sometimes i love it. But almond butter is always my love!
Audrey recently posted..New Recipe & New Layout

20 Meghan @ After the Ivy League March 19, 2013 at 10:53 am

Pretty sure I’ve had those same quesadillas pinned for quite awhile now (or maybe a different Iowa Girl Eats quesadille recipe, they all look so good!)
Meghan @ After the Ivy League recently posted..Blogger Fail

21 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey March 19, 2013 at 10:59 am

Yay for peanut butter! PB is on my out list right now – hopefully that goes away soon. Thanks for the shot out lady!

22 Claire @ Keeping Up With Claire March 19, 2013 at 11:24 am

I’m pretty sure Tuesday is my least favorite day of the week! Monday is always nice to start off fresh, Wednesday is the half-way point and Thursday and Friday are my two favorites, but Tuesday has no importance to me. Happy to see you can have some PB in your life again-the horror of no PB for a few more months!

23 Nicole March 19, 2013 at 11:39 am

My least favorite day of the week is Tuesday — for the SAME reason. I feel like I spent so much energy ‘preparing’ for Monday, then Tuesday doing it all over again seems exhausting.. with no weekend in sight! I’ve been trying to plan date night on Tuesdays to make it a little more fun. Or, just staying in and watching New Girl =).

24 Courtney March 19, 2013 at 3:17 pm

YAY for New Girl! I’m so excited it’s finally NEW again tonight! :)

25 Gracie March 19, 2013 at 11:40 am

Isn’t it weird how a favorite food can become so unappetizing? I used to eat yogurt almost every day and now it completely grosses me out. (And maybe I should clarify that that’s definitely not a pregnancy thing, ha.)

So excited for you and love following your Baby Tooth journey :) xx
Gracie recently posted..no looking back.

26 Courtney March 19, 2013 at 3:17 pm

Thanks, girly! xo :)

27 Brooke @ Running In Heels March 19, 2013 at 11:59 am

OMG those enchiladas look to die for!!
Brooke @ Running In Heels recently posted..Shamrock Shuffle Race Recap

28 Maureen @ Breaking Free & Finding Me March 19, 2013 at 1:05 pm

My least favorite day of the week is Tuesday as well! It’s super long for me with work and classes at night and it just feels like it’s so far till the weekend!
Maureen @ Breaking Free & Finding Me recently posted..Things I’m Loving Tuesday

29 Aurora@Fitness is Sweet March 19, 2013 at 1:29 pm

I can relate to the peanut butter thing! I had a stomach bug and for a while I couldn’t even THINK of peanut butter!
Aurora@Fitness is Sweet recently posted..Getting to Know Me

30 Ellie@Fit for the Soul March 19, 2013 at 1:47 pm

Ah, I know all too well how strangely those food aversions come and go during pregnancy~I will never understand it :P And funny enough, while I was in my first and beginning of my 2nd trimester (Now I’m towards the end of 2nd), I was quite lazy with things that I normally love to do even if I AM tired! Such as cooking, baking, and even throwing together simple meals for myself. I think it’s just the lack of energy.
Ellie@Fit for the Soul recently posted..First Time Foods

31 Lindsay March 19, 2013 at 1:59 pm

Thank heavens for peanut butter :D Those dillas look wonderful!!

32 sara @ fitcupcaker March 19, 2013 at 2:43 pm

I could go for quesadillas or enchilladas right now, both look amazing! Oh and btw IM trying to find out what kind of cameras my blog friends use..any tips? I need to buy a new one asap!
sara @ fitcupcaker recently posted..Paleo Protein Pancakes

33 Courtney March 19, 2013 at 3:14 pm

Most of my photos are either with my iPhone or with my Canon Rebel T3. I love both :)

34 Jenn L @ Peas and Crayons March 19, 2013 at 3:04 pm

Oh the second I could eat nut butters again it was cause for celebration. Literally I threw a peanut butter party… in my face =) haha HOW DID WE ALL END UP KNOCKED UP AT THE SAME TIME?! It’s hilariously awesome!

35 Courtney March 19, 2013 at 3:14 pm

Hahaha, I know right?! Too funny :)

36 Fizz @ fizzsbizz March 19, 2013 at 3:07 pm

Yay for you and the return of peanut butter!!! That must have been awful.
Tuesdays are my least fave day too. Way too long until the weekend!

37 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake March 19, 2013 at 4:11 pm

My least favorite day of the week is definitely Monday… yuck!

Those California quesadillas look good!

38 Alysia @ Slim Sanity March 19, 2013 at 6:21 pm

It’s really hard to imagine a time when I won’t crave peanut butter… it’s almost scary. :) those quesadillas look amazing!
Alysia @ Slim Sanity recently posted..Women Need More Sleep Than Men?

39 Jess @ Blonde Ponytail March 19, 2013 at 6:42 pm

I had no idea PB was missing from your life for a while!! Eek!! So glad it’s back–I go through the stuff like crazy!!! And, it’s okay to be “lazy”–we are baking babies!! :) At least that’s what I’m telling myself–this 3rd trimester has me tirrrrrred!! ;)
Jess @ Blonde Ponytail recently posted..My Weekend was Blue

40 Miranda @ Miranda Runs March 19, 2013 at 7:59 pm

I’m glad peanut butter is back in your life. It’s too delicious to not consume on an hourly basis ;)
Miranda @ Miranda Runs recently posted..These shoes were made for running

41 Angela March 19, 2013 at 8:19 pm

we actually just learned in our evolutionary course at my uni that one theory of changing food preferences during pregnancy reflects evolutionary adaptation to avoiding foods with intense or strong flavors, since back in the day strong scents/flavors corresponded with toxins (so it’s like a protective mechanism to prevent you from eating very intense foods that may be toxins that could harm the baby)!

42 Courtney March 19, 2013 at 8:31 pm

That’s really interesting!

43 Christen March 19, 2013 at 9:28 pm

I just have to let you know that I am 18 weeks pregnant, and I was lazily was checking twitter when I woke up in bed this morning, and when I saw your peanut butter and banana sandwich I knew that I had to get up immediately and have one right then! Thank goodness we had one more banana… it was meant to be!

44 Linz @ Itz Linz March 19, 2013 at 9:46 pm

glad pb is back in your life! :) :) and anything mexican is always a winner! :) :)
Linz @ Itz Linz recently posted..best photobomb ever

45 Jessica @ Prayers and Apples March 19, 2013 at 10:11 pm

so exciting!! about chelsea AND the peanut butter :) lol …there must be something in the water! i literally JUST finished reading that ashley over at cupcakes ‘n crunches is expecting too! :) so happy for everyone!!
Jessica @ Prayers and Apples recently posted..Duke University’s Spirituality and Health Workshop

46 Lauren @ Fun, Fit and Fabulous! March 19, 2013 at 10:55 pm

Oh man, I couldn’t imagine life without peanut butter so I am excited that you have it back in your life! I think Tuesday or Wednesday have to tie for last place in my book. They are both usually quite long for me and I”m usually lacking sleep by this point in the week. :)
Lauren @ Fun, Fit and Fabulous! recently posted..Final Relaxation

47 Liz Kaczmarek March 20, 2013 at 12:45 am

I can’t imagine going nine months without eating peanut butter, that would be terrible! I’m glad your aversion is gone, hopefully it stays that way :)

My least favorite day of the week is definitely Monday (original, I know). Not only is it not the weekend, but I have the most hours of class on Monday and I always feel like I’m frantically rushing around!

48 Court Star @ StarSystemz March 20, 2013 at 1:16 am

I remember when I took a sweet taste of PB again after over a year of giving it up..the best thing in the world! That sandwich looks like my lunch tomorrow :) My least favorite day of the week is Thursday because I feel like its the weekend but I need to focus on my business! Love + Shine CourtStar
Court Star @ StarSystemz recently posted..Tarte Review