A Lot of Repeats

I have GREAT news!

Peanut butter is back in my life.

It’s the little things. :)

Thank goodness, my aversion to this stuff was very short lived. By this past Sunday, I was craving it once again, and ohhhh, did it taste better than ever. So much so, that I decided to make that sandwich above for my lunch yesterday. PB + banana + pumpkin butter. Yummm.

It’s so strange how pregnancy can do things like that to you, isn’t it? Let’s just hope it doesn’t get a hold of my other favorites as of late…such as my yogurt bowls.

Although that’s a recycled photo, that was the exact same breakfast I ate yesterday.

As you’ve probably noticed, my eats (and posts about eats) have been a little bit scarce these past few weeks. Part of that is because I’m finding myself super busy, but part of it is also because there’s just been a lot of repeats of the same meals over and over. Yogurt bowls, oats in (or out) of jars, veggie and hummus, leftovers from dinners I’ve shared…all of the usual suspects.

As much as I do love my staples, I am missing some variety. There are plenty of days where I’ll wind up craving a salad but I’m just never in the mood to make one (hello, lazy pants). I also really miss baking…I feel like I haven’t even attempted a new recipe in months (so not like me!). I feel like I need to try a new cookie recipe. Or maybe a new muffin/quick bread. Thankfully, it’s looking like we’ll have some downtime this weekend, which will be great…too bad it’s only Tuesday. ;)

Tonight, Jay and I are (planning on) trying a new dinner recipe from Iowa Girl Eats for her California Quesadillas.

Source: iowagirleats.com viaCourtney on Pinterest

I came across these late last week and immediately planned and bought the ingredients to have them this week. They just look and sound too darn good, don’t they?

I’m also planning on remaking the enchiladas that we had over the weekend later this week, when we have our friends Joe & Kate over.

Again…with the Mexican. I. Can’t. Get. Enough.

*****

Alright, I suppose it’s about time to tackle Tuesday. Jay and I always joke that Tuesday is the absolute worst day of the week for us. For whatever reason, it just always seems like a super long day, the hustle and bustle of a new week is over (aka, Monday), and the weekend still feels like it’s forever away. Let’s hope this Tuesday is a quick one!

*The Baby Tooth page was updated this morning!

*I also have to shout out a huge CONGRATS to my pal, Chelsey, who just announced some big news yesterday. Although I have been in on her secret for quite some time now, I’m just so thrilled for her!

Question for the Morning:

What’s your least favorite day of the week?

Comments

I’ve been finding it a lot harder to blog about my meals for exactly the same reason. I’ve kind of found a groove that works for me, and since I have a pretty sensitive stomach that doesn’t enjoy a lot of variety, I end up eating the same thing a lot of the time and worrying that it might bore people.

And Tuesdays are definitely the worst days. Mondays are alright because you’re still refreshed from the weekend and it feels like a new start, but Tuesdays are when it starts to hit you… and there are still 3 more days to go… BUT! spring is almost here, so that’s definitely a reason to be happy :mrgreen:
    Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted... blueberry banana breakfast muffins .

I cannot imagine having an aversion to PB!! I seriously hope that never happens to me because it actually sounds kind of tragic ;). I have thought about what it must be like to be allergic to peanuts and it seriously makes me a bit sad. Maybe I should be a little less dramatic ;).

Yum with the Mexican food. I can never get enough of it, either!
    Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl recently posted..Guacamole Cauliflower Crust Breadsticks

Yep, sometimes I find it hard to blog about my different meals for that reason, I just have been gravitating to the same things.
    I always worry people will just think I’m so boring with them ha, so I try to switch it up often for that. I’m glad PB is back in your life.
    And Tuesday’s are probably my least favorite day. I like Monday’s, but Tuesday’s are like the beginning of the week, not quite the middle so they last forever.
    Lisa recently posted..These Are A Few Of My Favorite Things – Giveaway

The things I eat are boring, too! If I showed anyone what I ate it would be followed by “Whomp, whomp”. Haha! Those quesadillas look delicious, though, and you can never go wrong with Mexican! Tuesdays or Sundays are the worst days, I think!
    Lauren recently posted..Shut.The.Front.Door.

I hateeee Thursdays! They feel like Friday’s but they arent so it makes me sad and it feels like it takes forever for Friday afternoon comes. I have a lot of peautbutter probs myself. Sometimes I hate it, sometimes i love it. But almond butter is always my love!
    Audrey recently posted..New Recipe & New Layout

I’m pretty sure Tuesday is my least favorite day of the week! Monday is always nice to start off fresh, Wednesday is the half-way point and Thursday and Friday are my two favorites, but Tuesday has no importance to me. Happy to see you can have some PB in your life again-the horror of no PB for a few more months!

7. Nicole says

My least favorite day of the week is Tuesday — for the SAME reason. I feel like I spent so much energy ‘preparing’ for Monday, then Tuesday doing it all over again seems exhausting.. with no weekend in sight! I’ve been trying to plan date night on Tuesdays to make it a little more fun. Or, just staying in and watching New Girl =).

Isn’t it weird how a favorite food can become so unappetizing? I used to eat yogurt almost every day and now it completely grosses me out. (And maybe I should clarify that that’s definitely not a pregnancy thing, ha.)

So excited for you and love following your Baby Tooth journey :) xx
    Gracie recently posted..no looking back.

Ah, I know all too well how strangely those food aversions come and go during pregnancy~I will never understand it :P And funny enough, while I was in my first and beginning of my 2nd trimester (Now I’m towards the end of 2nd), I was quite lazy with things that I normally love to do even if I AM tired! Such as cooking, baking, and even throwing together simple meals for myself. I think it’s just the lack of energy.
    Ellie@Fit for the Soul recently posted..First Time Foods

Oh the second I could eat nut butters again it was cause for celebration. Literally I threw a peanut butter party… in my face =) haha HOW DID WE ALL END UP KNOCKED UP AT THE SAME TIME?! It’s hilariously awesome!

11. Fizz @ fizzsbizz says

Yay for you and the return of peanut butter!!! That must have been awful.
    Tuesdays are my least fave day too. Way too long until the weekend!

I had no idea PB was missing from your life for a while!! Eek!! So glad it’s back–I go through the stuff like crazy!!! And, it’s okay to be “lazy”–we are baking babies!! :) At least that’s what I’m telling myself–this 3rd trimester has me tirrrrrred!! ;)
    Jess @ Blonde Ponytail recently posted..My Weekend was Blue

13. Angela says

we actually just learned in our evolutionary course at my uni that one theory of changing food preferences during pregnancy reflects evolutionary adaptation to avoiding foods with intense or strong flavors, since back in the day strong scents/flavors corresponded with toxins (so it’s like a protective mechanism to prevent you from eating very intense foods that may be toxins that could harm the baby)!

14. Christen says

I just have to let you know that I am 18 weeks pregnant, and I was lazily was checking twitter when I woke up in bed this morning, and when I saw your peanut butter and banana sandwich I knew that I had to get up immediately and have one right then! Thank goodness we had one more banana… it was meant to be!

Oh man, I couldn’t imagine life without peanut butter so I am excited that you have it back in your life! I think Tuesday or Wednesday have to tie for last place in my book. They are both usually quite long for me and I”m usually lacking sleep by this point in the week. :)
    Lauren @ Fun, Fit and Fabulous! recently posted..Final Relaxation

I can’t imagine going nine months without eating peanut butter, that would be terrible! I’m glad your aversion is gone, hopefully it stays that way :)

My least favorite day of the week is definitely Monday (original, I know). Not only is it not the weekend, but I have the most hours of class on Monday and I always feel like I’m frantically rushing around!

I remember when I took a sweet taste of PB again after over a year of giving it up..the best thing in the world! That sandwich looks like my lunch tomorrow :) My least favorite day of the week is Thursday because I feel like its the weekend but I need to focus on my business! Love + Shine CourtStar
    Court Star @ StarSystemz recently posted..Tarte Review