WIAW: Huuuungry

So up until yesterday, I’d say that I went a good week or so where I felt like my hunger was actually somewhat back to what it used to be pre-pregnancy. Yesterday though? All I wanted to do was eat all day long…I was huuuuungry!

I guess it worked out well though, since I actually have some more stuff to share with you all for another fun edition of What I Ate Wednesday Tuesday. Thanks to Jenn, as always, for hosting! Now, let’s get to it…

Breakfast

Yesterday involved a new-to-me kind of breakfast sandwich, involving egg, cheese, and turkey bacon (and some rather messy red raspberry jam that I added on my own). So what’s so different about it?

Well, it wasn’t homemade…it was frozen.

I couple of weeks ago, I received some coupons in the mail (disclaimer) to try out a few of the new Weight Watchers Smart Ones frozen meals. Now, as you guys probably know, I’m usually not for frozen meals like this…and this still remains the same.

Given the choice, I would most definitely prefer to make my own – not only because it tastes better, but also because it’s better nutritionally. But I was still interested in trying them out, so I gave them a shot. I will say that it did have a decent taste…for being a frozen meal. It almost reminded me of something you’d get from McDonalds.

Mid-Morning Snack

You guys…I bought it again.

My last trip to Target brought me into the snack aisle and I suddenly found myself checking out with this ever-so-addicting trail mix. I stuck with a handful and then put it back, so perhaps I’m getting better with that willpower? Winking smile

I also snacked on a pear Chobani.

Lunch

Definitely not pretty to look at…sorry about that one, my friends. But I can assure that it tasted just as delicious as it did on Sunday night.

To follow up with something sweet, I snacked on a couple of Banana Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies.

Not a new batch…just had some stashed in the freezer that I decided to take out. LOVE when I rediscover treats in there! Winking smile

Mid-Afternoon Snack

I was super hungry by about 3:30 in the afternoon, making me rather thankful for the Wasa crackers (the light ‘n’ crisp kind) and peanut butter I have stashed in my desk.

The raspberry jam was an added bonus, since I had brought a little bit in to have on my breakfast sandwich. This was one delicious afternoon snack.

Dinner

Well, we stuck with our plans to make the California Quesadillas…and they were a HIT!

I made my quesadilla with a couple of whole wheat tortillas, cheese, chicken, sundried tomatoes, artichoke hearts, and avocado. Those flavors alone were delicious, but when we dipped them into the honey balsamic dipping sauce? Oh mannnn…amazing.

And lucky for us, the recipe left us with a bunch of leftover dipping sauce, so I have some packed up today to put on my lunch salad (<—that’s right, I made myself a salad!).

Dessert

Recycled photo here, but I basically had the same thing last night…a Greek yogurt mixed with PB2, chocolate chips, and some crushed Girl Scout Trefoil cookies.

Yum yum yum.

I felt like if I hadn’t been so busy at work, I most definitely would have wound up eating more during the day yesterday, just because I had an appetite like no other. I guess it’s a good thing I was constantly getting up and down throughout the day to keep moving!

Overall, not a very green WIAW, but it was a good one for meeee. I’ll get my greens today. Winking smile

Question for the Morning:

How do you feel about frozen meals? Like them? Hate them? Impartial? Good in a pinch?

Comments

What a fabulous day of eats! Wasa crackers are my new favorite snack obsession. I love spreading PB on them, avocado and salsa on them, or Laughing Cow cheese wedges and jelly/jam on them. They are just so, so versatile and good!

That quesadilla looks amazing, too! I would love to try it without the chicken. Pretty much anything with avocado has me sold ;).
    Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl recently posted..Tempeh Reuben Sandwich

Those quesadillas look amazing!
    I’m not big on frozen meals myself, but I buy them weekly for the boyfriend to have for his lunch if there aren’t any leftovers around. He seems to like them! I’ve bought those same egg sandwiches before and he said they were pretty good.

3. Whitney says

I am not a fan of any kind of frozen meals. They gross me out and I try to stay as far away from processed foods as possible! And after watching a couple documentaries on McDonalds and how they make their food.. vomit!! :)

It looks like you had a great day of eats, those quesadillas sound amazing! I like buying frozen fruit and vegetables just because it is so much more economical when the farmers markets are closed for the winer. I don’t like frozen meals at all. I feel like they always taste over processed and never satisfy my hunger. I’m honestly better off with an apple and peanut butter or greek yogurt than a frozen meal if i’m in a hurry
    Nicole @ Fruit ‘N’ Fitness recently posted..WIAW # 10

I don’t like to eat frozen meals either. I find that if I’m prepared, making my own food is just easier and (obviously) better for me. However, that is not to say that I won’t keep a few things lying around just in case I don’t feel like cooking or for when I’m too lazy to pack my lunch. It’s nice to have (semi-healthy and easy) options!

6. Natalie @ Free Range Human says

There are some frozen meals that actually taste okay if you’re really hungry, but I can’t get over how bad they are for you! Now frozen pizza is an entirely different story 😉

I used to buy a ridiculous amount of frozen meals in college, and I still don’t understand why because they never were that great. There were a couple that impressed me a little more than others, but nothing too amazing. I can’t remember the last time I bought one since college for that reason. Ha! I need to check out that quesadilla recipe! Sounds delicious!
    Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries recently posted..WIAW #77: Chicken Sausage, Squash, & Quinoa Skillet

Mmmmmm I’m actually thinking of making quesadillas with pulled chicken tonoight too, and now I’m really hungry looking at yours~
    And wow, that is a great day of great eats :) I wonder if I’ll have days like that too, and it’ll probably be in the 3rd trimester. Yikes!
    Ellie@Fit for the Soul recently posted..Date Night

Those quesadillas look great! About a year ago, I was eating frozen meals like smart ones and healthy choice almost every day. Then one day, I was in the middle of one and realized, “I do not like this at all.” haha it was kind of a strange aha! moment.

10. Jen M. says

I bought and tried some of those Smart Ones breakfast sandwiches, and was NOT a fan. The canadian bacon and the muffin part were fine, but the rubbery egg patty thing grossed me out and the gross powdery-when-frozen cheese type product made me lose it. I like a few of the frozen Lean Pockets, and the occasional cheap frozen cheese pizza, but am not a fan of frozen meals in general. I can’t get past the fakeness of so much of the food. But I buy frozen fruit all the time! As long as the only ingredient is the berry/fruit and there isn’t any added sugar or preservative. I prefer baking with frozen blueberries over fresh (and lets be real, like enough fresh blueberries would ever make it past my mouth and into a mixing bowl to be useful in a recipe, ha!).

It’s so nice to see another fitness dedicated blogger in the area! I’ve been following you and reading your blog for probably over a year now. Your sense of humor throughout your posts keeps you very interesting! Haha, awesome meals. Always looking forward to see more!

Oh my goodness you’re making me hungry! All of these eats look so delicious! I must admit I bought tortillas and all the fixings for quesadillas last night during our grocery shopping adventure all because of the picture you shared yesterday, I thought they looked so delicious! ha Can’t wait for dinner tonight :)
    Jentry Nielsen recently posted..Treadmill Workouts Infographic

I tend to stay away from frozen meals. One, they’re so filled with sodium they make me bloat like crazy. Two, they’re never big enough! Better off with a homemade version of the same thing that tastes better and has better nutrition.

I actually like frozen meals. As a freshmen in college I love getting the Amy’s frozen meals to make as a quick dinner! I know that they are not healthier options but I defiantly think some brands are better than others! I trust Amy’s! I like that they are portioned out and taste good!
    Hayley recently posted..Hi All!!

I stand by the fact that the meals that are the least pretty to photograph are the tastiest ones!

Frozen meals are ehh to me. I have one maybe once every six months… usually out of convenience. The only ones that taste good are the super unhealthy ones (in my opinion!)
    Raychel recently posted..Beer-Braised Sriracha Chicken