One Quick Moving Monday

by Courtney on March 26, 2013

Well I don’t know about you, but that was one quick moving Monday! Anyone else with me?

My day started nice and early yesterday with…a workout! A decent night of sleep allowed me to get myself up with just enough time to complete one of favorites as of late, my 10-10-10 Strength & Cardio Circuit. I actually hadn’t done that one in probably two weeks, so it felt good to switch it up a bit.

When it came time for breakfast, there was no doubt in my mind on what was going to be consumed once I arrived at work.

I packaged up two of the Banana Oat Muffins that I made on Sunday, and topped them with a little peanut butter. I also brought in a banana, in case I needed it, but the two muffins actually did a great job of filling me up for a few hours before my mid-morning snack. The muffins though? I’m totally loving them. It was a new recipe to try, but I think it’s a keeper…especially since Jay likes ‘em too. Winking smile

Mid-morning snack was also tasty and delicious, thanks to some fresh, sweet Driscoll’s raspberries and vanilla Greek yogurt.

So simple, but so good.

My late afternoon was literally flying by, and when I finally realized “Hey, I’m starving,” it was almost 1:30pm. No wonder! Today’s lunch wasn’t all that pretty to be honest with you guys, but it totally rocked in the taste department.

Yesterday I cooked up an extra chicken sausage while I was making dinner, and added it to some leftover veggies, including some totally over-roasted/steamed zucchini (it got super soft but the flavor was incredible). To add a little extra “something” to the dish, I also added in a wedge of The Laughing Cow Light French Onion Cheese before microwaving it all up.

The cheese definitely made the meal. No question about it.

Knowing I’d need to follow up with a little something sweet, I happened to grab a couple of the Cookie Dough flavored Healthy Bites that I had stashed in the fridge.

They literally tasted just like cookie dough…and that, to me, is the perfect way to end a meal. Especially knowing they’re a bit healthier for me than the actual stuff. Winking smile

I also wound up having a cara cara orange at some point during the afternoon, and my gosh are they good.

For dinner, we had an amazing remake of the Taco Salad that I made last weekend.

I’ve got a recipe headed your way for this amazing dish ASAP…if you love Mexican food at all like I’ve been diggin’ it lately, you’re definitely going to want to check it out!

**FYI: The Baby Tooth page was updated this morning!

1 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey March 26, 2013 at 8:34 am

My monday went fast too, but all days during spring break go fast!! womp womp. :)

All that food looks deeeelish!

2 Presley @ Run Pretty March 26, 2013 at 8:36 am

I have got to get my hands on some Healthy Bites!
Presley @ Run Pretty recently posted..DIY Portioned Wine Glasses

3 Ashley @ Life and Fitness March 26, 2013 at 8:38 am

Mondays always go by fast for me, but that’s good because it is my least favorite day of the week! I’m loving all those toppings on that salad, can’t wait for the recipe.
Ashley @ Life and Fitness recently posted..A Day In Photos

4 Carrie @ Fitness and Frozen Grapes March 26, 2013 at 8:41 am

My Monday flew by too–here’s to hoping the rest of the week passes quickly. I’m heading home to see my family for Easter, and I can’t wait! :)
Carrie @ Fitness and Frozen Grapes recently posted..My First Ride in Central Park

5 Linz @ Itz Linz March 26, 2013 at 8:43 am

YUM! All that tasty lookin’ food is making ME hungry!!
Linz @ Itz Linz recently posted..# 99 WORKOUT

6 Shel@PeachyPalate March 26, 2013 at 8:43 am

Mexican queen! :) Those raspberries look incredible…so jammy!
Shel@PeachyPalate recently posted..Doughy Sesame Spelt Bread

7 Tiff @ Love, Sweat, and Beers March 26, 2013 at 8:44 am

My Monday was extremely long. It was a long travel day for me, which means I’m totally wiped out today. Hopefully today will be my speedy day for the week.

Gonna’ check out those muffins. They sound great!
Tiff @ Love, Sweat, and Beers recently posted..Is It Just Me…

8 Jana @ Happy Wife Healthy Life March 26, 2013 at 9:00 am

Sometimes the most simple meals and snacks can be the best! I have been having cravings for a simple breakfast of two eggs and two slices whole wheat toast and it’s been incredible! Lol! Sometimes I think we can get so wrapped up in eating something unique or from Pinterest that we forget how good the classics are :)

I love that 10-10-10 work out by the way! I just pinned it! :)

9 Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries March 26, 2013 at 9:05 am

I reaaallly need to try out some of those Healthy Bites. If they taste just like cookie dough, sign me up! ;) Looking forward to that taco salad recipe… I’m all about the Mexican food these days!
Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries recently posted..The Power of Positive Thinking

10 Katie @ KatieEnPursuit March 26, 2013 at 9:06 am

I’m all for fast Monday’s, get er’ done! Mine went quickly as wel! I’ve been meaning to try those healthy bites, I think you just convinced me! Happy Tuesday!
Katie @ KatieEnPursuit recently posted..She Works Hard for the Money Monday…

11 Natalie @ Free Range Human March 26, 2013 at 9:14 am

I love taco salad. I’m just going to go ahead and put that on the menu for later in the week.
Natalie @ Free Range Human recently posted..If Only I Had A Mountain View…

12 Angela @ Health's Angel March 26, 2013 at 9:19 am

Your eats always look SO good! And make me hungry all over again. ;)
Angela @ Health’s Angel recently posted..A Few Links

13 Elizabeth @ My Neon Running Shoes March 26, 2013 at 9:20 am

I am obsessed with laughing cow cheese but haven’t had the french onion. Have you had the cinnamon cream cheese one? yum!!! That salad looks top notch too :-)
Elizabeth @ My Neon Running Shoes recently posted..My perspective of inpatient treatment.

14 alyssa @ life a la wife March 26, 2013 at 9:32 am

That mexican salad looks AMAZING. I am making one for dinner!
alyssa @ life a la wife recently posted..Color of the Year: Emerald

15 Sarah @PickyRunner March 26, 2013 at 9:34 am

You always have the best looking food! I could totally go for a whole handful of cookie dough bites right about now…
Sarah @PickyRunner recently posted..So much love

16 Sara @ fitcupcaker March 26, 2013 at 9:35 am

I love muffins with pb. I have some zucchini that I need to make so maybe ill put it into a muffin :) I love the babytooth pages too :)
Sara @ fitcupcaker recently posted..WOD Addiction Clothing Review & Giveaway

17 Danica @ It's Progression March 26, 2013 at 9:54 am

I’m excited for that taco salad recipe! It looks amazing.
Danica @ It’s Progression recently posted..Rihanna Concert

18 Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl March 26, 2013 at 10:00 am

Laughing Cow cheese wedges are just pure amazingness!! I think that they are one of the most versatile food products out there.

Vanilla Greek yogurt with fresh raspberries is the ultimate combination. That is one of my favorite snacks :). I cannot wait until raspberries are at the peak of their season and taste amazing (plus, don’t cost a ton!).
Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl recently posted..What Vegans Eat: Day 1

19 Heather @fitncookies March 26, 2013 at 10:07 am

I am a HUGE Mexican lover! I can’t wait to see what recipe is coming up! I’m sure ill love it!

I personally really enjoy when Mondays go by fast! I then have hoped the rest of the week will too :)

Cookie dough and I are basically best friends. I should check into those cookie dough balls before I make a batch of dough and just eat it from the bowl;)

20 Amanda @ .running with spoons. March 26, 2013 at 10:09 am

Monday definitely went by pretty quickly, but that’s mostly because I had a lot of catching up to do after being away in the mountains all weekend. And yes… yes I’ll definitely be wanting to check out that Mexican recipe. Anything with salsa, guac, and cheese, and I’m sold :mrgreen:
Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted... life without numbers .

21 Koryn @ High Heels & Healthy Alternatives March 26, 2013 at 10:31 am

Kudos to you for an awesome day of eats! :-) Sooo, call me crazy but I think your lunch looked/sounds Amazing! I think I have an idea of what I want for dinner now. Lol! :) I may have to do a little tweaking based on what’s in my fridge though (i.e. turkey sausage instead of chicken sausage, lite parm cheese instead of the french onion cheese, plus all the veggies I can find in there), but I really think I have a winner. Thanks for sharing!
Koryn @ High Heels & Healthy Alternatives recently posted..Weekend Movies and Running Mileage!

22 Erin @Axell's Kitchen March 26, 2013 at 10:56 am

Gosh stop with the mexican!! JK. But seriously you are making me crave it more than I already am!

23 Jen@HealthyFoodandFamily March 26, 2013 at 11:17 am

And now I’m craving yogurt and berries like crazy! That sounds perfect right now!
Jen@HealthyFoodandFamily recently posted..Weekly Weigh In {3.15.13}

24 michelle kim March 26, 2013 at 11:36 am

Yum! Everything looks so good. I’m excited for the new recipe :)

25 Annette@FitnessPerks March 26, 2013 at 11:41 am

I need to make some healthy bites–look fab!

And I love adding laughing cow wedges to almost anything. Yummers :)
Annette@FitnessPerks recently posted..NOT Going to the Gym: A Lesson

26 Nicole @ Fruit 'N' Fitness March 26, 2013 at 11:43 am

I love cara cara oranges! Can’t wait for the recipe, I have been craving mexican recently.
Nicole @ Fruit ‘N’ Fitness recently posted..Simple Guys Dinner

27 Jennifer@knackfornutrition March 26, 2013 at 12:05 pm

Oh I need to make those healthy bites!

28 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles March 26, 2013 at 12:12 pm

You definitely have me craving a taco salad! That looks delicious.

29 Danielle @ Truffles n' Treadmills March 26, 2013 at 12:25 pm

I want to try that flavor of healthy bites! They sound good
Danielle @ Truffles n’ Treadmills recently posted..Procrastination at it’s Finest

30 Lauren March 26, 2013 at 1:00 pm

Monday dragged over here! Thanks to the snow it was a bad one! I love the cookie dough healthy bites. They are definitely my favorite! The zucchini with laughing cow cheese looks amazing but that might be the melted cheese! :-P
Lauren recently posted..Little Wise Penguin

31 Maureen @ Breaking Free & Finding Me March 26, 2013 at 1:34 pm

all those foods look delicious! my monday was super busy so it flew by!
Maureen @ Breaking Free & Finding Me recently posted..Things I’m Loving Tuesday- Join Me!

32 Leigha March 26, 2013 at 2:38 pm

My week is flying by… two more days until spring break!! That lunch sounds delish. I really want to try zucchini! And that taco salad… omg. Recipe now!
Leigha recently posted..A Marvelous Ending

33 Karen @ Runner Girl Eats March 26, 2013 at 2:46 pm

We should seriously be eating dinner together every night. I am always wanting Mexican food!
Karen @ Runner Girl Eats recently posted..Basketball and Cheap Running Clothes

34 Emily March 26, 2013 at 7:37 pm

Oooh, those cookie dough bites look delicious!!
Emily recently posted..Take Time Tuesday-Bebe Questions

35 Avery @ Southern Belle Living Well March 26, 2013 at 7:39 pm

Monday’s are super fast, Tuesdays are the slow days. Anything cookie dough sounds good to me! Have a great week :)
Avery @ Southern Belle Living Well recently posted..Why I Choose To Blog At 15

36 Miranda @ Miranda Runs March 26, 2013 at 7:53 pm

Those cookie dough bites look delicious! So do those muffins! mmmm
Miranda @ Miranda Runs recently posted..Why I hate Ed and Ana

37 Chelsie March 26, 2013 at 9:22 pm

I need to try some of those Healthy Bites! They look so good! I’ve never seen them before. Oh and can’t wait for that Taco Salad recipe :)
Chelsie recently posted..Cauliflower Fail

38 Elizabeth March 26, 2013 at 9:57 pm

Looks good! What brand of chicken sausage do you like?

39 Courtney March 26, 2013 at 10:00 pm

Either Alfresco or Bilinski’s – usually whichever happens to be on sale :)

40 lindsay March 27, 2013 at 10:53 pm

haha, i just finished dinner and grabbed a cookie dough bite. we think alike!