One Quick Moving Monday

Well I don’t know about you, but that was one quick moving Monday! Anyone else with me?

My day started nice and early yesterday with…a workout! A decent night of sleep allowed me to get myself up with just enough time to complete one of favorites as of late, my 10-10-10 Strength & Cardio Circuit. I actually hadn’t done that one in probably two weeks, so it felt good to switch it up a bit.

When it came time for breakfast, there was no doubt in my mind on what was going to be consumed once I arrived at work.

I packaged up two of the Banana Oat Muffins that I made on Sunday, and topped them with a little peanut butter. I also brought in a banana, in case I needed it, but the two muffins actually did a great job of filling me up for a few hours before my mid-morning snack. The muffins though? I’m totally loving them. It was a new recipe to try, but I think it’s a keeper…especially since Jay likes ‘em too. Winking smile

Mid-morning snack was also tasty and delicious, thanks to some fresh, sweet Driscoll’s raspberries and vanilla Greek yogurt.

So simple, but so good.

My late afternoon was literally flying by, and when I finally realized “Hey, I’m starving,” it was almost 1:30pm. No wonder! Today’s lunch wasn’t all that pretty to be honest with you guys, but it totally rocked in the taste department.

Yesterday I cooked up an extra chicken sausage while I was making dinner, and added it to some leftover veggies, including some totally over-roasted/steamed zucchini (it got super soft but the flavor was incredible). To add a little extra “something” to the dish, I also added in a wedge of The Laughing Cow Light French Onion Cheese before microwaving it all up.

The cheese definitely made the meal. No question about it.

Knowing I’d need to follow up with a little something sweet, I happened to grab a couple of the Cookie Dough flavored Healthy Bites that I had stashed in the fridge.

They literally tasted just like cookie dough…and that, to me, is the perfect way to end a meal. Especially knowing they’re a bit healthier for me than the actual stuff. Winking smile

I also wound up having a cara cara orange at some point during the afternoon, and my gosh are they good.

For dinner, we had an amazing remake of the Taco Salad that I made last weekend.

I’ve got a recipe headed your way for this amazing dish ASAP…if you love Mexican food at all like I’ve been diggin’ it lately, you’re definitely going to want to check it out!

**FYI: The Baby Tooth page was updated this morning!

Sometimes the most simple meals and snacks can be the best! I have been having cravings for a simple breakfast of two eggs and two slices whole wheat toast and it’s been incredible! Lol! Sometimes I think we can get so wrapped up in eating something unique or from Pinterest that we forget how good the classics are :)

I love that 10-10-10 work out by the way! I just pinned it! :)

Laughing Cow cheese wedges are just pure amazingness!! I think that they are one of the most versatile food products out there.

Vanilla Greek yogurt with fresh raspberries is the ultimate combination. That is one of my favorite snacks :). I cannot wait until raspberries are at the peak of their season and taste amazing (plus, don’t cost a ton!).
    Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl recently posted..What Vegans Eat: Day 1

3. Heather @fitncookies says

I am a HUGE Mexican lover! I can’t wait to see what recipe is coming up! I’m sure ill love it!

I personally really enjoy when Mondays go by fast! I then have hoped the rest of the week will too :)

Cookie dough and I are basically best friends. I should check into those cookie dough balls before I make a batch of dough and just eat it from the bowl;)

Monday definitely went by pretty quickly, but that’s mostly because I had a lot of catching up to do after being away in the mountains all weekend. And yes… yes I’ll definitely be wanting to check out that Mexican recipe. Anything with salsa, guac, and cheese, and I’m sold :mrgreen:
    Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted... life without numbers .

Kudos to you for an awesome day of eats! :-) Sooo, call me crazy but I think your lunch looked/sounds Amazing! I think I have an idea of what I want for dinner now. Lol! :) I may have to do a little tweaking based on what’s in my fridge though (i.e. turkey sausage instead of chicken sausage, lite parm cheese instead of the french onion cheese, plus all the veggies I can find in there), but I really think I have a winner. Thanks for sharing!
    Koryn @ High Heels & Healthy Alternatives recently posted..Weekend Movies and Running Mileage!

Monday dragged over here! Thanks to the snow it was a bad one! I love the cookie dough healthy bites. They are definitely my favorite! The zucchini with laughing cow cheese looks amazing but that might be the melted cheese! 😛
    Lauren recently posted..Little Wise Penguin